• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
No we definately knew they were making one. A new Zelda has come out for the past 20+ years. Telling us that a new Zelda is underway isn't really a suprise. :p

It's getting to see what it's going to look like, that's the suprise.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No, everyone assumed they were. They never said anything about making a new Zelda until that roundtable.
Don't you remember the biggest news of Nintendo's E3 last year? Afterwards, Miyamoto announced that the Mario and Zelda teams were working on multiple games for both franchises. He was not lying. In order of what will be released first:

Mario
- Super Mario RPG 3
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Legend of Zelda
- Spirit Tracks
- Zelda Wii

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No we definately knew they were making one. A new Zelda has come out for the past 20+ years. Telling us that a new Zelda is underway isn't really a suprise. :p

It's getting to see what it's going to look like, that's the suprise.
So Spirit Tracks doesn't count?

Personally, I hate long waits. If it's not coming out before E3 of next year, then there is no reason to tell me about it at this E3, as the E3 next year is a much more appropriate venue.

What Nintendo did with Twilight Princess and the plastic sword and shield at E3 2004, while indeed epic, is much more aggrivating to me than no announcement at all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't you remember the biggest news of Nintendo's E3 last year? Afterwards, Miyamoto announced that the Mario and Zelda teams were working on multiple games for both franchises. He was not lying.
No, I didn't remember that. I tried to block out last years E3.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why were so many people asking for a new Zelda when is about to come out for the DS?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Does anyone know where I can get a list of everything that has been announced? Just for the sake of ease.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I hate to counter a statistic I like, but Grand Theft Auto 4 review average

Mind you, the fact that GTA4 is the second highest rated game on metacritic, right behind OoT, tells me that there is something seriously wrong with the review system.

Sure, if you had a reviewer checklist, it would score a perfect 10 on pretty much everything, but the fact that Vice City is better/more fun makes me criticize the ratings of this highly overrated game.

Heck San Andreas is better. GTA4 was the only one I've played and didn't finish.

Your brother is constantly annoying you. Just like real life!

God Didi

Smash Cadet
Why were so many people asking for a new Zelda when is about to come out for the DS?
i cant believe u didn stop and delete that comment after reading it?
cause they want a proper game on a proper console that allows expansive areas and well a good game!?

i just cant believe xbox snagged metal gear fair play and two new halo games and modern warfare 2 alot of quality quality gaming ahead!! :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i cant believe u didn stop and delete that comment after reading it?
cause they want a proper game on a proper console that allows expansive areas and well a good game!?
Phantom hourglass was a proper game on a proper console, allowed expansive areas and was a good game.

God Didi

Smash Cadet
Phantom hourglass was a proper game on a proper console, allowed expansive areas and was a good game.
it didn have the depth longevivity or even the feel of care that was in zelda for the wi but i suppose thats hard on a ds which isn by the way what i ment by console shud have said non hand held console
was good but its not a full zelda experience in my opinion

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Personally I loved the old Zeldas like Link Awakening and a Link to the Past, I'm not too keen on the 3D Zelda like OoT or TP. I was really hyped for TP, in fact it was going to be the only game I bought in 2007 [or 2006, before it got delayed] and after awhile I just didn't care anymore.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The problem with critic ratings is they will never take personal preference in mind. Personally, I loved GTA and Bioshock, two vastly different games that were high end on ratings. I found the atmosphere to be perfect to get lost in, but as seen in this topic, not everyone agrees. I also do not enjoy Zelda games/most fantasy games unless they are open-ended (Oblivion; Morrowind). While OoT got a higher rating that Oblivion, I'd take Oblivion any day. That is the inherent flaw with ratings because people tend to rally around this notion that "their console" has XX games that rank 90+. In reality, it means nothing.

Killzone 2 got a 91, but it's largely been forgotten, and inFAMOUS got an 85, and it is one of the best games I have played.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it's unfair to say that someone else is wrong because these bull**** rankings are higher.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
With Peacewalker, Kojima made it abundantly clear that this is the true continuation of the MGS storyline, a true sequel, etc. So, I am starting to wonder where MGS:R falls in the series. We have no information on it, but it was interesting that he repeated that a few times that this game was canonical to the story.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Phantom Hourglass was a proper game on a proper console, allowed expansive areas and was a terrible game.

Opinions are opinions.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I believe Peacewalker is a sequel to MGS3. I agree with you about Rising. Perhaps, between the second and fourth? Mostly because there's a big gap in Raiden's storyline in that area. I guess we'll see. :ohwell:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I believe Peacewalker is a sequel to MGS3. I agree with you about Rising. Perhaps, between the second and fourth? Mostly because there's a big gap in Raiden's storyline in that area. I guess we'll see. :ohwell:
That's what I believe he said, which works fine, storyline-wise, and fills us in on those Snake gaps we have.

With Rising, MGS2 had a perfectly human Raiden, but MGS4 had this cyborg. Now, the cover of MGS: R has robo Raiden, so will he be to his MGS4 level off the bat, or will it be a fill-in between the gaps. I can't guess because I can see the game having Robo-Raiden as playable, and having his genesis through narrative/cut-scenes.

I really wish they would remake MGS1 - 3 for 360 and PS3 so I can replay and refresh my memory. I have MGS2 and 3, but I am not sure if I have MGS anymore.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's what I believe he said, which works fine, storyline-wise, and fills us in on those Snake gaps we have.

With Rising, MGS2 had a perfectly human Raiden, but MGS4 had this cyborg. Now, the cover of MGS: R has robo Raiden, so will he be to his MGS4 level off the bat, or will it be a fill-in between the gaps. I can't guess because I can see the game having Robo-Raiden as playable, and having his genesis through narrative/cut-scenes.

I really wish they would remake MGS1 - 3 for 360 and PS3 so I can replay and refresh my memory. I have MGS2 and 3, but I am not sure if I have MGS anymore.
Yeah, it's pretty much the only way it makes sense. Clearly, it can't be before MGS2, and it clearly can't be after MGS4. Hmm... perplexed. I'm hoping it'll start off as human Raiden, and then eventually there will be a magnificent transformation into cyborg-ninja Raiden.

Do you have a Wii? You could always try to find a copy of Twin Snakes, the remake of MGS1 for the GameCube.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow...they are making a new Mario Game for the Wii...

That's probably going to be good, also it has Yoshi in it...

Also a new Zelda Wii scheduled for 2010? ...I wonder if the U.S. release is going to be in 2011.

I'm really not diggin' the DS Zelda games, so this wii title better be up to par.

It's been a while everyone. I may have been gone for a while, but me and my cousin are here at E3 RIGHT NOW! If you have any questions towards a particular game, just leave me a post and ask, or you can follow my cousin on Twitter, his tag is S5flare.

I'm currently at the G4 booth where they are broadcasting E3 live. They have free internet access and computers here. I'll be here for some time.

Ask away.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Mass Effect Mass Effect Mass Effect Mass Effect

Frown

poekmon
It's been a while everyone. I may have been gone for a while, but me and my cousin are here at E3 RIGHT NOW! If you have any questions towards a particular game, just leave me a post and ask, or you can follow my cousin on Twitter, his tag is S5flare.

I'm currently at the G4 booth where they are broadcasting E3 live. They have free internet access and computers here. I'll be here for some time.

Ask away.

I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT STYLE SAVVY

In general, is there anything big we didn't see at the presentations?

Mass Effect Mass Effect Mass Effect Mass Effect
Follow S5flare on Twitter.

the games presentation could be summed up as "explosive" to say the least. I didn't get much time with the game personally, but I will probably will be playing it again within the hour instead of just watching trailers and previews.

One game I did play for a long time was tatsunoko vs. capcom. Many of the bugs in the Japanese version seem non existant, and it's a good game to pick up and play with an arcade stick. I normally play via controller, but It feltnatural. I mostly rocked with POlymer and Ryue since they can combo well. Barouge canceling is also very complicated, or whatever they call if.

Also, Lost Planet 2 has great multiplayer. i didn't really see any single player illustrations.

the next game I plan on playing is probably White Knight Chronicles . It looked slow at first, but then again I was simply watching and not playing. One of my favorite games is also final Fantasy Dissidia for the PSP. the fighting engine is fairly complex and great looking.

TMNT Smash-Up is very similar to a smash engine, except if uses mild button combos and health bars instead of percentages. the game also looks quiet nice.

Mario Galaxy 2 is not playable sadly.

Golden Sun DS. Freaking wow.

God, there is so much to talk about...

I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT STYLE SAVVY

In general, is there anything big we didn't see at the presentations?
I can tell you everything you know, just follow my cousin S5flare on twitter. That way I can tell you on hand.

But honestly, there are no suprises at the moment. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that there was not a Final Fantasy XIII demo. Then again it is good for square-enix if they want to push sales for Final Fantasy Advent Children complete (Which is now released in the U.S). I would but it for the demo is I had a PS3 lol.

But yes, I will play style savy and get back to you. Or, everyone can do this. Just ask me what games you want me to play, a few minor details you want about the game, and I will collectively report it after words. post as soon as possible, for I don't know how long I can tolerate this MAC.

Frown

poekmon
Style Savvy looks extremely boring.

In New Super Mario Bros., is there any hint that there might be hidden characters (empty spaces on the character selection screen or unknown unlockables)?

Just give us impressions on Golden Sun DS.

Thank you.
Golden Sun DS is still under development. They only have screen shots and no playable demo unfortunately. I would have jumped on it if I had the chance. They may have a demo on the show floor tomorrow I hope.

Style Savvy looks extremely boring.

In New Super Mario Bros., is there any hint that there might be hidden characters (empty spaces on the character selection screen or unknown unlockables)?
Doesn't seem like, but then again they always design the demos differently from the final product. I must say the game is quiet fun, but it's honestly more of the same with a few add ons. I am glad to see Yoshi though.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Anything noticeably new in Spirit Tracks?

Is there actually a Kingdom Hearts Wii?

Is Assassin's Creed playable? Conduit?

Anything noticeably new in Spirit Tracks?

Is there actually a Kingdom Hearts Wii?

Is Assassin's Creed playable? Conduit?
not necessarily. The Camera on the game zooms in while you attack enemies and goes at a slight angle. It's kind weird and it may be removed. It's essentially the same as Phantom Hourglass.

There have been no announcements for a Kingdom hearts Wii.

I've believe Assassins creed II is playable with people who have all access. The place is surrounded by a dome which I believe has the game playable. I have a lot of powerful connections here since this also a buisness venture for me as well. I just want to say watching the Trailer online doesn't cut it. Watching it on a full HDTV here is beautiful beyond words.

The Conduit? I believe it's playable along with God of War III. It was in the sony booth, but i didn't play due to me being stuck on TvC. I plan on playing everything I possibly can during the last hour today and all day tomorrow. God of War III looks intense though...I may stand in line.

Also, Final Fantasy VII on DS made me lol.

Thank you very much for the info
Also, I will let you know if I play Assassins Creed II. I want to play too lol.

EDIT: Assassins creed II is playable, but you need to have Media access to play it.

My cousin just told me the gameplay is stealthier than the last one. It's over all control is much better, and the missions are more in depth. I'm envious right now. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom