• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddin

Smash Lord
and Steve Weibe and Donkey Kong.

Now, I dunno about all of you, but I'm hyped about the Donkey Kong thing.

I take high-scores Seriously, and with someone trying to beat a high score like THAT?

That's amazing...
Oh yeah, that caught my attention when they mentioned it on G4 a couple weeks ago, I'm definitely going to tune in for that.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sin and Punishment was pretty amazing so I'll probably actually buy sin and punishment 2.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
sounds like my Friday nights.

Anyways I hope they announce any of the following:

New Mario
New Zelda
New F-Zero
New Kirby
New Starfox

basically, less wii music bull**** and more ****ing games.

Of that list, Kirby and Mario are definite. Was there an F-Zero for GCN? If not, I don't think they will do one for Wii just because there is no brand recognition on the mainstream. Star Fox or Zelda would be an awesome surprise announcement.

For the Sony Press Conference, I just want footage of God of War 3. Twisted Metal for PS3 won't be out until next year, so sadly, no information on that, but it is confirmed to be happening.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Of that list, Kirby and Mario are definite. Was there an F-Zero for GCN? If not, I don't think they will do one for Wii just because there is no brand recognition on the mainstream.
Yes, there was an F-Zero for GCN. F-Zero GX. I think that's why this site has its Pit Stop (I'm unsure of that). An amazing game where Nintendo and Sega worked together. There was tons of racers, the game was difficult, one could customize their own racer, and the soundtrack was beyond amazing. There was two ways of unlocking alot of content - bring your memory card to arcades that had the F-Zero AX, or be a man and complete all those challenges (That was me). Such an amazing game, and I sure do hope if they release another F-Zero, that they don't screw it up with waggle control. Snaking was hard enough to do in GX just with standard control.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I didn't like the whole elephant thing Abbey and that guy did. Also EA was really really boring.
The thing that caught my attention after EA was the Saboteur, that looked kinda cool, Assassin's Creed and GTA mix during WWII

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yes, there was an F-Zero for GCN. F-Zero GX. I think that's why this site has its Pit Stop (I'm unsure of that). An amazing game where Nintendo and Sega worked together. There was tons of racers, the game was difficult, one could customize their own racer, and the soundtrack was beyond amazing. There was two ways of unlocking alot of content - bring your memory card to arcades that had the F-Zero AX, or be a man and complete all those challenges (That was me). Such an amazing game, and I sure do hope if they release another F-Zero, that they don't screw it up with waggle control. Snaking was hard enough to do in GX just with standard control.
remember, there is NOT a hardcore game on the wii that wasnt the SAME difficulty as the previous ones.

Brawl
galaxy
mario kart
metroid

all of those hard core titles were easier than thier previous versions. if an FZERO came out, it will be easier than the gcn one. So what im trying to say is, EXPECT the wiimote/wii wheel for this game

No more Heroes 2 trailer is prety cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmnAKGwduCQ

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i dont know about you guys but as a whole, i never really liked mario games. Mario 3(the racoon tail one) was the only one i relly enjoyed. I dint like mario 64 but sunshne was OK. Galaxy i never played. Mario 2(where you pull out the turnips) was HORRIBLE.

eh, i guess i just dont like mario at all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"Didn't you say that if you see a new Zelda, you will burst into tears?"

I felt like he was asking me this question. I promise all of you, I will cry.

On another note, I had a dream last night about the Nintendo conference. All they announced was Kirby, half of Pikmin 3, and a bunch of super-casual IP's. No Zelda, no Mario, nothing else good. It was just a big fest of color and fraudulent joy and cutesy little ****. I consider that a nightmare.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mario 2(where you pull out the turnips) was HORRIBLE.
Technically that wasn't a Mario game, just Doki doki panic with all the characters and such reskinned to Mario guys because Mario Bros 2 (In English countries as "The Lost Levels") was deemed too hard. the reskinned Doki doki panic was released later in japan as Super Mario USA.

/retro nerd

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
i dont know about you guys but as a whole, i never really liked mario games. Mario 3(the racoon tail one) was the only one i relly enjoyed. I dint like mario 64 but sunshne was OK. Galaxy i never played. Mario 2(where you pull out the turnips) was HORRIBLE.

eh, i guess i just dont like mario at all.
Galaxy redefines platformer. But Super Mario World 2 was amazing.

Super Mario World 2 is also known as yoshi's Island, and was ported to the GBA. You can get the GBA game for $16 at any gamestop, and you really owe it to youself to try it out - nothing past or present did what Yoshi's Island did.

"Didn't you say that if you see a new Zelda, you will burst into tears?"

I felt like he was asking me this question. I promise all of you, I will cry.

On another note, I had a dream last night about the Nintendo conference. All they announced was Kirby, half of Pikmin 3, and a bunch of super-casual IP's. No Zelda, no Mario, nothing else good. It was just a big fest of color and fraudulent joy and cutesy little ****. I consider that a nightmare.
Odd, I thought that actually happened.

Matt07

Smash Master
I really hope they announce a new Metroid or Zelda game. That's all I'm really wanting from them this year :laugh:.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dammit Cammie. Why is she out first?

Uh oh, here we go...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay, here comes the big one.

I'm already pissed from Cammy being on stage.

LOL NEW SUPER MARIO BROS FOR WII LOLOLOL

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cammie unveils Wii Fit 2. This couldn't be any more casual.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is however, EXACTLY what I've wanted from the Mario series for so, so, so long, so I'm pretty happy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love how they're introducing Wii Motion+ like we've never seen it before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom