• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
In the OP, the times are 10:30 for Microsoft, 9 for Nintendo, and 11 for Sony, PST. Add three hours to all of those and still, all of them will start earlier than 3.

I can't recall how long they last, but assuming they last an hour, the closest one will be Sony, which will END at 3.

So...yeah. =/
Oh god ****ing **** it.

Okay, I lied, maybe I'll fake a headache again on Tuesday and Wednesday. I seriously wish they would just move it to the afternoon though.

XACE-K

Smash Master

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Places like Gamespot streamed them last year. I'm sure they'll do it again this year.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
G4 will have it airing again this year. No buffering problems and the highest possible quality :)

I might record my live responses to the announcements with a couple of buddies. Should be fun.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
IGN and Gamespot always stream the conference. Microsoft even streams their conference on xbox.com, if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see all the announcements.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just reading through Kotaku's guesses at what could be at E3, one of the things they mentioned that I'd expect to see is that new Game Save/Watch thing they briefly mentioned a while back, you know the whole "this is too hard, I'll just press FF and skip it" thing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What would be good at E3, is a power stone game for the three next-gen consoles.
Capcom really needs to make another Power Stone installment.
The PSP port isn't enough.

Raiden now shows up on the countdown website.

But is it actually Raiden?

DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Better be Frank Jaeger. I want to relive MG 1 and 2 on the PS3.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Capcom really needs to make another Power Stone installment.
The PSP port isn't enough.

Better be Frank Jaeger. I want to relive MG 1 and 2 on the PS3.
*looks at your sig*
Or they can make another "strider" game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
E3 prediction: A new IP will be announced in which the levels are all just really long boss battle, and you play a very fast character via hoverboard/hoverskates who creates environmental hazards in creative ways to defeat these bosses; early level hazards such as combining downed utility polls with broken fire hydrants and ramming an airplane at 500 MPH into the bosses, and later levels with avalanches, volcanic eruptions, and nuclear explosions.

As long as we're thinking wishfully, we might as well wish for what we really want, right?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
*looks at your sig*
Or they can make another "strider" game.
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom's working on it.
I remember reading an article where people were asked which series should get a revival.

I think Strider was number 1. So Capcom is aware of it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ohh yes that reminds me. On Twitter Capcom is teasing the appearance of a Wii game with hints being its an action adventure game, NOT DEVIL MAY CRY 5, it hasn't appeared on the hardware(or any hardware) this gen and its an established franchise.

Megaman Legends 3 or Onimusha 4 are my best bets.

If you have a twitter, they're posting the hints up there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ohh yes that reminds me. On Twitter Capcom is teasing the appearance of a Wii game with hints being its an action adventure game, NOT DEVIL MAY CRY 5, it hasn't appeared on the hardware(or any hardware) this gen and its an established franchise.

Megaman Legends 3 or Onimusha 4 are my best bets.

If you have a twitter, they're posting the hints up there.
While I do hope Mega Man Legends 3 does get announced, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
But I'd like to be proved wrong by Capcom. The Legends series deserves a proper conclusion. I would like to see more sequels for it though.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
WiiHD would really dissapoint me... Yes, it's true that the current graphics suck compared to other current-gen consoles, just like GameCube's...
The point is that I doubt that any of the games currently out have been designed with higher graphics than the console supports so 3 years worth of games won't make any difference on a WiiHD...
Also in order to make up for the waste of money for a new version of a console which is in the middle of its lifespan (cause it sure will be by the time it's out if it can't be considered old already) then the designs for future games should be much higher than current making you FEEL the difference. Should that happen it means that those games could potentially be unplayable on the current version of the console forcing everyone who owns a Wii to get the HD... To conclude:
-A WiiHD would be a waste of money because the graphics WON'T be worth the money.
-Should Nintendo decide to really step once into last-gen and MAKE it worth the money, graphics would propably mean that the following games will be only playable at the new Wii ending the current one's lifespan in merely 4 years since its release and making WiiHD the Wii2... In turn either the new console's lifespan would be halved like the current's one since the REAL Wii2 is on the way or they could delay its release. This would also be a bad thing cause the real Wii2 would propably contain the the graphical upgrade on top of other features so by delaying it for WiiHD ur actually paying for the middle step between the consoles.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
WiiHD would really dissapoint me... Yes, it's true that the current graphics suck compared to other current-gen consoles, just like GameCube's...
The point is that I doubt that any of the games currently out have been designed with higher graphics than the console supports so 3 years worth of games won't make any difference on a WiiHD...
Also in order to make up for the waste of money for a new version of a console which is in the middle of its lifespan (cause it sure will be by the time it's out if it can't be considered old already) then the designs for future games should be much higher than current making you FEEL the difference. Should that happen it means that those games could potentially be unplayable on the current version of the console forcing everyone who owns a Wii to get the HD... To conclude:
-A WiiHD would be a waste of money because the graphics WON'T be worth the money.
-Should Nintendo decide to really step once into last-gen and MAKE it worth the money, graphics would propably mean that the following games will be only playable at the new Wii ending the current one's lifespan in merely 4 years since its release and making WiiHD the Wii2... In turn either the new console's lifespan would be halved like the current's one since the REAL Wii2 is on the way or they could delay its release. This would also be a bad thing cause the real Wii2 would propably contain the the graphical upgrade on top of other features so by delaying it for WiiHD ur actually paying for the middle step between the consoles.
It'd probably do what the PS3 does and upconvert DVDs to true HD. When I play a regular disc on my PS3, it upconverts it to 1080P, and the picture is nearly identical to Blu-Ray DVDs.

Thino

Smash Master
Lets hope for backward compatibility (if we can really call it that way since its the same console ) of Wii games to would be released for WiiHD

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Lets hope for backward compatibility (if we can really call it that way since its the same console ) of Wii games to would be released for WiiHD
Why does anyone think there will be a WiiHD?

There has never been an updated version of a home console in Nintendo's history. No one has hinted at an updated version of the Wii home console. Even people predicting WiiHD lack any reputable source. No developer has hinted at a WiiHD. There is both no evidence and no reason to believe that the Wii will get an HD update.

And if anyone cites Patcher, remember he's a moron that has been frequently wrong this generation.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo show's Mario Party 9. I keep hearing rumors about this game coming out in 09 since last year.

Well, only a few more days till Microsoft takes the stand. This years E3 better be epic.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I don't think I want anymore Zombie Games thank you very much. IF anyone subscribes to PC Gamer Magazine, remember that issue last year that was like 40 pages of all the zombie games coming out in 2008? That was way too many. That genre is very fun, but it could use a rest. I'm looking for something in the competitive online FPS games. Like something fast paced like CS.
Hasn't it been a while since one of those came out. That's why I hope BF 1943 takes the show. Though something tells me it won't live up to any hype it gets.
All I can do is hope...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I don't think I want anymore Zombie Games thank you very much. IF anyone subscribes to PC Gamer Magazine, remember that issue last year that was like 40 pages of all the zombie games coming out in 2008? That was way too many. That genre is very fun, but it could use a rest. I'm looking for something in the competitive online FPS games. Like something fast paced like CS.
Hasn't it been a while since one of those came out. That's why I hope BF 1943 takes the show. Though something tells me it won't live up to any hype it gets.
All I can do is hope...
Yes, perhaps the market has been a bit oversaturated with zombie games. We need more werewolf games.

Twilight Princess FTW!

binki4

Smash Apprentice
guys e3 09 i just 3 days left to nintendo conference but i want to see is the new zelda wii game , f-zero wii, star fox wii, and kirby wii game and i hope it better not ruin my 2009 e3 year BECAUSE I SAY SO and i don't about it nor of that casual game crappy s**t i want to see something core at the nintendo confrence this year i eciting about that and i love it awmsone radical

Spire

III
BRoomer
guys e3 09 i just 3 days left to nintendo conference but i want to see is the new zelda wii game , f-zero wii, star fox wii, and kirby wii game and i hope it better not ruin my 2009 e3 year BECAUSE I SAY SO and i don't about it nor of that casual game crappy s**t i want to see something core at the nintendo confrence this year i eciting about that and i love it awmsone radical
Aside from commas, zero punctuation. I like your grammars for this excerpt:

"i love it awmsome radical".

AWESOME RADICAL GUYS

Spire

III
BRoomer
I know for a fact that the SNES had an update. I'm pretty sure the NES did too, but I'm sure on the SNES having one.
The NES was an update of the Famicon, and the SNES was redesigned with a new design, but technically, it was identical. Just sleeker, smaller, and lighter than before, kind of like the GBA/GBA-SP and DS/DS-Lite.

For the record, I would not be surprised if Nintendo updates the Wii with a redesign.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know for a fact that the SNES had an update. I'm pretty sure the NES did too, but I'm sure on the SNES having one.
Yes. There was a SNES Mini, albeit it was identical aside from a slightly smaller motherboard, the lack of an eject switch and RF output, and of course a slight redesign.

Original SNES
SNES Mini

There was also a second edition of the NES, called the NES 2. It's smaller and much more reliable (chances are if you own an NES you know that it can take a lot of cartridge-shifting to get it to work), albeit it has no AV output and only RF output (which is much more annoying, in my opinion). Also, it has a different controller which looks much like the SNES controller.

Original NES
NES 2

[/history lesson]

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a second Wii, though. They'll probably add an actual hard drive and something else so that both parties want to buy it again.
Well, maybe. If the Wii's sales ever slow down.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
We should setup something like an E3 xat room for however is around, that way we can discuss stuff. I'll be up late watching and it would be fun talking about it.
Who agrees?
We could also just go to the SMYN IRC or something.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So the PSP Go was leaked. Kotaku has a few pictures of it. It has 16GB HDD built in, slide screen, and is pretty light. Also, rumors of the PS3 Slim seem to be true. That's 3 major Sony spoilers in a few weeks. I wonder if they have anything else.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I hope that this time we'll get an update on that Kirby game that was announced in E3 2005.
It was supposed to move to the Wii like Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm still waiting for Zelda Wii and the rumoured SMG2. But I want pilot wings wii :/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm betting that Nintendo might show more TMNT Smash Up. It would make sence if they would since it's coming around Fall this year.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm betting that Nintendo might show more TMNT Smash Up. It would make sence if they would since it's coming around Fall this year.
It's confirmed to be there. Gamespot is doing a demo of it. I'll pick it up if it plays like Smash, but they seriously need to add in that Gamecube controller support.

PSP Go! looks cool. I'm more interested in the fact that the leaked video confirmed an MGS game for PSP. This better not mean that there's not gonna be a console MGS announced -_-

Less than 24 hours til MS's Press Conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom