• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA
Maybe there will be more info on the supposed new Zelda title for the Wii that was announced last year. That was the highlight of that year's E3, for me.

And MetaKirby, Nintendo swears this one is going to be different. I certainly hope it will not be like you are describing...
it probably will, though. And spirit tracks looks kinda like a Phantom Hourglass clone for the fail.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
7-7 *sigh* In a odd way, I like posts like this. (They give me something to do.)
Super Mario: Galaxy
Zelda: TP
Metriod: Prime 3
Fire Emblem: RD
SSB: Brawl
Mario Kart: Wii
Super Paper Mario
MadWorld
Tenchu: 4
No More Heroes
-------------------
Some more. (But not all)

Who is the "joke" to "hardcore gamers" now? (No console is a "joke".)
hmmmm
May wanna do some research next time.
In a not-so-odd way, I hate people like you.

Galaxy was easy and casualized, and was a year-and-a-half ago.
Twilight Princess was a release title.
Metroid Prime 3 and Radiant Dawn were all about one-and-a-half years ago.
Brawl was very casualized, but I'll give you it anyways, I suppose...
MKWii was casual, even moreso than previous titles.
Super Paper Mario is not a Paper Mario game, and even so it was two years ago.
Mad World and No More Heroes are not necessarily hardcore, they're just bloody, violent games with an M-rating slapped on to allow it to be advertised as hardcore because Nintendo thinks that the hardcore is the 10-year-olds playing Halo and making racist comments on Xbox Live, apparently.
I know nothing about Tenchu 4, so I'll give you that one.

Half of the titles you listed off are old. He's talking about giving some NEW titles.

Do people like you ALWAYS have to reply to people making disparaging remarks about the Wii with a list of hardcore games, like the person is five and just started playing video games? You act like the list of "hardcore" games automatically makes the Wii totally bad*** and not casual at all.

Skyler is not an idiot. He knows what he's talking about.

And yes, any console that has a $90 fitness program is, in fact, a JOKE.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Mad World and No More Heroes are not necessarily hardcore, they're just bloody, violent games with an M-rating slapped on to allow it to be advertised as hardcore because Nintendo thinks that the hardcore is the 10-year-olds playing Halo and making racist comments on Xbox Live, apparently..
Except when did Nintendo make No More Heroes and Madworld? Suda 51 made No More Heroes and Platinum Games made Madworld.

In bitter mode, No more Heroes went from "meh" difficulty to "HOLY **** WHAT THE HELL" difficulty. You needed some serious patience to beat a majority of the bosses. Most of those Xbox "hardcore" would of given up.

Can't say any thing about Madworld, apart from the fact it looks like River City Ransom modernized.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Mad World and No More Heroes are not necessarily hardcore, they're just bloody, violent games with an M-rating slapped on to allow it to be advertised as hardcore because Nintendo thinks that the hardcore is the 10-year-olds playing Halo and making racist comments on Xbox Live, apparently.

Half of the titles you listed off are old. He's talking about giving some NEW titles.

Do people like you ALWAYS have to reply to people making disparaging remarks about the Wii with a list of hardcore games, like the person is five and just started playing video games? You act like the list of "hardcore" games automatically makes the Wii totally bad*** and not casual at all.

I hate it when people make the mistake of assuming that there is a "casual" and a "hardcore."

There is no "us" and "them" that can be so easily made, and there is no "hardcore" and "casual". There is only varying shades of grey that make people like you insatiable. Wii Fit is an exercise program that destroys the stipulation that consoles only play video games. In many ways, it's a step in the right direction of preventing the consoles from "hardcoring" themselves to death.

What we are looking at is the necesary evolution of video games so as to prevent them from being self-destructive. The PS3 overshot the market completely, supplying it with more technology than it needed and alienating consumers with a high price point and more technology than mainstream consumers could properly utilizing. The Xbox 360 with it's mature focus presents the huge entry barriers of dual analogue FPS controls in a buisness that requires it's product be immediately accessible to it's consumers - if this stipulation is not met, then all new consumers will be turned off by the high entry barriers, preventing the market from growing, while old consumers slowly leave until a crash occurs. They both will inevitably core themselves to death, when Sony even further overshoots the market with the inevitable PS4 and the Xbox produces even more complex games for the core with even more difficult to pick up controls.

Tetris is a casual title. Space invaders is a casual title. Heck, my Mom doesn't even play video games, and she loves Yoshi's Island, and that's a core title. This casual/core split doesn't cut it because there is too much grey in the way of such a black and white comparison.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
7-7 *sigh* In a odd way, I like posts like this. (They give me something to do.)
Super Mario: Galaxy
Zelda: TP
Metriod: Prime 3
Fire Emblem: RD
SSB: Brawl
Mario Kart: Wii
Super Paper Mario
MadWorld
Tenchu: 4
No More Heroes
-------------------
Some more. (But not all)

Who is the "joke" to "hardcore gamers" now? (No console is a "joke".)
hmmmm
May wanna do some research next time.
Because I totally said I thought it was a joke.

I said to hardcore gamers has a whole. Just look at Kotaku comments when it comes to Wii-related articles. Half of them are 'oh god more shovelware'. And '****ing casuals'.

The Wii has been relegated to a joke to quite a few hardcore gamers. Can Nintendo themselves pump out triple A titles? Hell yes they can. Has the Wii gotten that much third party support? Um... MadWorld, the Conduit, and No More Heroes? Three games? One of which still hasn't come out?

@Firus: Actually, all of those are hardcore titles, except for possibly MKWii and Brawl (both of which appeal to hardcore and casual gamers). I know you didn't necessarily like all of them (I still have no clue how it's possible to dislike Galaxy), but they are all most definitely hardcore games.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
To clarify my previous post, I knew something but I forgot the reason behind it.

Nintendo's target audience is not the casual audience, nor will they ever say it is. Only the media and other video game companies use that term. They are using disruptive technology to disrupt the market strategy of their opponents by targetting a market that didn't previously exist, which will then expand into existing markets. The typical method of pursuing this tactic is to start with low end consumers (such as consumers that don't play video games), then satisfying these consumers by upscaling their products - making more and more "core" games/precise controls, filling a void their competition left by overshooting the market until they overtake the entire market. Unless Sony and Microsoft shift strategies away from their core focus, as quality inevitably increases over time on Nintendo console, Microsoft and Sony will lose more and more of their audience until their current buisness model is unsustainabloe, and they are forced to themselves use a disruptive technology.

Thisnk of it as upscale and downscale consumers; the games themselves aren't core or casual, but marketted to people with different levels of need concerning the complexity of the games. A good game attracts both the upscale market and the lower end consumers.

It's scary to think that Microsoft and Sony will inevitably need to change their buisness strategy away from the upscale market or become either niche or bankrupt, but disruptive technologies change the face of the market by starting with the non-consumers, and working their way into existing markets with the lowest end consumers first and the high end consumers last.

Nintendo did this all before with the NES, so don't worry too much about it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What we are looking at is the necesary evolution of video games so as to prevent them from being self-destructive.
If it's necessary for video games to cease to be video games in order to survive, then I don't want video games to survive.

Skyler, I didn't say any of them weren't hardcore. I said some of them were "casualized", meaning they were leaned slightly towards casuals. And NMH/MW I'm not saying either way, as I've not played either, but they are not auto-hardcore because they're M-rated.

Ugh, I'm so sick of trying to argue this point. For like, three months, everyone agreed with me, but apparently that was a fad and now I get ***** to death every time I try to say it.

End this argument here. It's never going to end and any intelligent discussion on E3 is going to be lost.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If it's necessary for video games to cease to be video games in order to survive, then I don't want video games to survive.
Hehehe...

So if your grandma likes to use the exercise program on the wii, that means you're too immature to be willing to play Twilight Princess?

For video games to survive, the market has to expand. If the market begins to contract, then a downfall is inevitable. But as long as there are people like you who are willing to buy Falllout 3 in large enough numbers to support the cost of Fallout 3, then video games will continue to survive as video games. They will also continue to survive as fitness routines.

Get over your sense of "hardcore v. casual". The wii will have high-end games, and will have Wii Fit. It's all happened before when Nintendo made the NES, and it's playing out pretty much the same way as before.

Read up: http://malstrom.50webs.com/

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice

You "hate" people like me?
WTF do you mean by "people like you"? lol
.............. People who defend the "wii" from posts that are not true? (like Skyler's post)
So what, I DON'T have the right to prove posts like Skyler's wrong?
You are just too fuuny with this post.

Mario Galaxy: N-No it wasn't. (I don't know where you got that from..)
What do you mean by "a Year-and-a-half ago", what are you saying old games are not "hardcore"? 7_7
-------------------
Zelda TP: Do you mean"re-released"? If so then what does that matter?
It's still a "hardcore" game on the wii, and I think that's what this convo was about, right?
----------------------
Metroid prime 3-Fire Emblem RD:
Does it matter what time it was made?
If it was made that long ago, that's all the more reason for you to know that there are "hardcore games".
-------------------------
SSB: Brawl: "Casualized", how was it? (Keep up the bad work.)
----------------------------
Mario Kart Wii: I would REALLY like to know what you mean by "casual" if a "bloody" and "violent" games isn't "hardcore", if games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid isn't "hardcore".................. Then WTF is hardcore? What meaning are you using? lol
-------------------------------
Super Paper Mario: "Two years ago".............. 7-7 ............ If a game is "not" "hardcore" just because of how old it is, what does that say for the games on the other consoles? 7-7
----------------------------------
MadWrold-NMH: B/
Tell me "your" logic of a "hardcore game" .
Plus, what makes you think Nintendo thinks like that?
-------------------------------------
Tenchu 4: Yeah whatever, lol.
----------------------------------------

WRONG: He/She said NOTHING about new game titles. 7_7
(Don't put words in his/her post.)

I listed hardcore games because Skyler said "Wii and DS, hasn't been pleasing both crowds". (Hardcores and Casuals)
^So, what do I have to do to prove that wrong?^ hmmm I don't know..... wait wait wait, I got it!

LIST "HARDCORE GAMES"!
So simple. 7-7

Oh yeah, I don't care if someone bashes the Wii (As long as the post is true, I don't care.), if he/she had said something like "the wii's online isn't all that good" then it WOULD have been true. 7-7
If there is a post that bashes the PS# and 360 that isn't true, I'll prove that post wrong too. (Funny how their isn't any, someone should look in to that. ;D)

I never said Skyler was an "idiot", don't put words in my post.
I'm just proving his/her post wrong.

Fitness video games ARE video games none-the-ness.
Plus, casual games are not bad games.

I really want to see what your reply will state.

Then don't look for the casual games, look for the hardcore games, then you will find a lot. (Some you never knew about.)

The Wii is a joke to the hardcore gamers who DIDN'T look for hardcore Wii games.
As for the "third party support", again look for good wii games, you'll find some good wii games made by third partys. (I think I listed some in the post you quoted, go to the URL I linked.)

............ All you can find is three? (And The conduit isn't even out yet.)
7-7 Look up some GOOD Wii games before quoting. 7-7

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
CK is there anyway we can get a new topic for this debate so we can keep this one strictly for E3?

There are times I really wish we could have a gaming topic without this coming up.

I am hoping some new IPs get announced. I heard Capcom has something big to show.

I want to hear how the Spore games are coming along.

I want a release date for Monster Hunter 3, Dragon Quest 10, FF13, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Pikimin 3 and Sin and Punishment.

Darkslash

Smash Master
CK is there anyway we can get a new topic for this debate so we can keep this one strictly for E3?
We had a similar debate last year. But the thread never split off. If it becomes yet another Hardcore vs Casuals and Nintendo vs Everyone else that people are some how able to pull off, but becomes massive, perhaps we need to deviate those discussions.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
We had a similar debate last year. But the thread never split off. If it becomes yet another Hardcore vs Casuals and Nintendo vs Everyone else that people are some how able to pull off, but becomes massive, perhaps we need to deviate those discussions.
Hm I see.
@thread maker: If my posts on this thread breaks the site's rules.
Have a mod delete them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Then don't look for the casual games, look for the hardcore games, then you will find a lot. (Some you never knew about.)

The Wii is a joke to the hardcore gamers who DIDN'T look for hardcore Wii games.
As for the "third party support", again look for good wii games, you'll find some good wii games made by third partys. (I think I listed some in the post you quoted, go to the URL I linked.)

............ All you can find is three? (And The conduit isn't even out yet.)
7-7 Look up some GOOD Wii games before quoting. 7-7
The thing is that while yes there are good third party titles on the Wii, better third party titles come out on other consoles. Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear, and a lot more other top quality titles come out on the PS3/360 and not the Wii.

Hardcore support for the Wii is not only lacking, but it is not of the quality of the games I just listed! NMH and MadWorld are fun games, but they definitely aren't a Metal Gear.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why is there even an arguement about this?

At least wait until E3 to decide what's what and what's not.

Even though there isn't an established definition of harcore or casual to fall back upon, you'll at least need to wait until E3 is over if you want to discuss how good or bad a system's support is.

Darkslash

Smash Master
What debate exactly? I'm not really sure what you mean.
The whole "lolnintendogoingtorock" which quickly turned into "lolnintendosux" vs "lolnintendodoesn't" in last year's E3 thread which became a spam fest of epic(the other meaning) proportions.

Getting to the point, this thread is becoming/became yet another "Hardcore vs Casual" thread, with some what no relation to E3 .

On the Topic of E3:
If what they claim is too be true, that is E3 will return to the glory of 2004, expect a better performance. The last 2 years were nothing but press, but this year Fans will return and hopefully Nintendo,Sony or Microsoft isn't stupid enough to screw it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrsK8ICp8E&feature=related
That is what all companies should strive to surpass this year.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
The thing is that while yes there are good third party titles on the Wii, better third party titles come out on other consoles. Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear, and a lot more other top quality titles come out on the PS3/360 and not the Wii.

Hardcore support for the Wii is not only lacking, but it is not of the quality of the games I just listed! NMH and MadWorld are fun games, but they definitely aren't a Metal Gear.
Your kidding, right?
No one was even comparing them.
When you do stuff like comparing games, comparing consoles.
We bring this convo down to opinions...

And you know what?
Your right, then wii's third party supprot is good, but sucks compard to that of the PS3 and 360.
But the thing is, I wasn't and you wasn't comparing them. (Until now)

MadWorld and NMH definitely isn't Metal Gear?
That's an opinion, see how that works when you compare games?

NOTE: If you want to reply to me, do it in PM's and I will gladly reply..
(I don't feel like spamming.)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Bah, everyone knows that SEGA does what Nintendon't!

However, I am looking forward to see if there are any fun games announced, and depending on whether or not it was an April fools joke, then I am looking forward for more detail on the new Jak and Daxter, which I'm sure is going to be featured in the Sony part.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Your kidding, right?
No one was even comparing them.
When you do stuff like comparing games, comparing consoles.
We bring this convo down to opinions...

And you know what?
Your right, then wii's third party supprot is good, but sucks compard to that of the PS3 and 360.
But the thing is, I wasn't and you wasn't comparing them. (Until now)

MadWorld and NMH definitely isn't Metal Gear?
That's an opinion, see how that works when you compare games?

NOTE: If you want to reply to me, do it in PM's and I will gladly reply..
(I don't feel like spamming.)
MGS4 does not equal Madworld. Final Fantasy XIII doesn't equal Final Fantasy: My Life as King. No amount of relativity will make the budget of MGS4 ans Final Fantasy XIII equal to the budget of Mad World and FF: My Life as King.

On topic, is anyone else curious about the other high Voltage projects that'll be introduced at E3? I thought the 65-enemy-at-once game was interesting, but then I realized that Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door supported 700 independent AIs simultaniously, in the form of the "Paper Race" at Pianta plaza.

Which made me wonder, if hundreds of independently functioning AI's can be supported by a gamecube, why don't we ever seem this type of thing on the Xbox 360 or the PS3? An FPS with a hundred enemies simultaniously trying to kill me would be kind of awesome.

D

Deleted member

I'm really looking foward to seeing what Nintendo has in store for us.

That, and I'm looking to see if either of the two new Rock Band games are worth getting.

M.K

Level 55
I know you didn't necessarily like all of them (I still have no clue how it's possible to dislike Galaxy), but they are all most definitely hardcore games.
I'm going to have to agree with this, Firus. Although I share your dislike for the term "hardcore" and the many generalizations and assumptions that are associated with that term, it seems like some of your ideas and or "points of interest" stem from personal opinions of games.
Mario Galaxy really wasn't too easy. In fact, which of the Mario games do you consider the proper "game' to judge standards by? Super Mario 64? Hardly; it was on par in terms of difficulty and presentation for it's time with Galaxy. Could it be that nostalgia is keeping us from letting go of our ideas of hardcore? I love Mario 64 more than anyone, hell, it was my first game, but that doesn't mean that Galaxy should be demeaned for it's uniqueness and difficulty because Mario 64 was just as easy.
Although I agree with Firus on the definition of hardcore games. Why do games have to be classified as such? If a series interests me, it's not because Nintendo produced it or it's a long standing series; I like games for their attention to detail and uniqueness.

And that's why I enjoy Brawl AND Melee. They have great detail, amazing soundtracks, and you can really tell alot of effort has been invested in each game. Effort should be rewarded.
Blah, blah, blah, let's not start a **** M v B debate here, I have said nothing to provoke either side and if anyone tears this apart to demean a certain game you'll be known as a huge douchebag in my book.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
MGS4 does not equal Madworld. Final Fantasy XIII doesn't equal Final Fantasy: My Life as King. No amount of relativity will make the budget of MGS4 ans Final Fantasy XIII equal to the budget of Mad World and FF: My Life as King.
7-7
Still opinions, NO MORE COMPARING!

Anyway, this year at E3 I'm hoping to see Resident evil 6.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Believe it or not, forums are actually FOR expressing opinions. Silly, iknorite?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm going to have to agree with this, Firus. Although I share your dislike for the term "hardcore" and the many generalizations and assumptions that are associated with that term, it seems like some of your ideas and or "points of interest" stem from personal opinions of games.
Actually, I really don't have a problem with the term, it was other people that did.

Mario Galaxy really wasn't too easy. In fact, which of the Mario games do you consider the proper "game' to judge standards by? Super Mario 64? Hardly; it was on par in terms of difficulty and presentation for it's time with Galaxy. Could it be that nostalgia is keeping us from letting go of our ideas of hardcore? I love Mario 64 more than anyone, hell, it was my first game, but that doesn't mean that Galaxy should be demeaned for it's uniqueness and difficulty because Mario 64 was just as easy.
Uh...first of all, I have BARELY played the original Super Mario 64. I first played the game as the DS remake, that's the one I've played extensively. And the game was good, I like it, but it's not like "OMGFANGASM" or something. So no, it isn't nostalgia.
I'm actually going by Sunshine, if anything. That game was fun and rather challenging. Galaxy makes me want to shoot small animals and then blow off my ears so I don't have to hear the Disney music.

The game wasn't super-easy, but it was easy to the point of boredom. I zoned out in 3 3-hour sessions and beat the game. No, I haven't gotten all of the stars, and no, I haven't gotten to Luigi. But no, I don't really plan to at the moment, I can't be chastised for not going above and beyond the call of duty for a game I disliked.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Galaxy is challenging to the point you haven't gotten all the Stars? ;p ♥

♣ To be honest, this is the second time I heard someone not like Mario Galaxy without giving a good reason. Not challenging and enough is hardly a good reason of not completing the game. Maybe you don't like Mario 3-D games that much :/ ♥

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Actually, I really don't have a problem with the term, it was other people that did.

Uh...first of all, I have BARELY played the original Super Mario 64. I first played the game as the DS remake, that's the one I've played extensively. And the game was good, I like it, but it's not like "OMGFANGASM" or something. So no, it isn't nostalgia.
I'm actually going by Sunshine, if anything. That game was fun and rather challenging. Galaxy makes me want to shoot small animals and then blow off my ears so I don't have to hear the Disney music.

The game wasn't super-easy, but it was easy to the point of boredom. I zoned out in 3 3-hour sessions and beat the game. No, I haven't gotten all of the stars, and no, I haven't gotten to Luigi. But no, I don't really plan to at the moment, I can't be chastised for not going above and beyond the call of duty for a game I disliked.
The game is pretty easy up until you beat bowser (I'm saying this in the case that you played the levels in order and not the extra levels). After that there are a fair amount of harder stages, including those speical ones like daredevil comets.

-:bowser:Bowser King

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
LOL I like how people once again only focused on Mario and Zelda. Meanwhile the Excite series had a game released last month and it's bombing while we speak.

And I also like how people complain about the Wii not getting decent third party support when Nintendo never had decent third party support for YEARS.

Thus proving that the Nintendo 'hardcore' are mostly just whiny babies. lol

And then it's funny when Nintendo 'hardcore' say Ninty abandoned them when their is this thing called the DS. lol babies!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
♣ Galaxy is challenging to the point you haven't gotten all the Stars? ;p ♥
What? I said it was BORING to the point that I didn't get all of the stars.

♣ To be honest, this is the second time I heard someone not like Mario Galaxy without giving a good reason. Not challenging and enough is hardly a good reason of not completing the game. Maybe you don't like Mario 3-D games that much :/ ♥
You're right, I need a reason besides "It bored me" for not finishing the game. I should definitely finish it because you think I should.

Let's see.

- I didn't like the music.
- I found it boring and repetitive.
- I barely had to try to get all of the stars in each section, and ended up unlocking the Bowser stage before I had even played anything else in the section.

Good enough?

I didn't enjoy the game. You wouldn't think a person would need a better reason.

I've played Super Mario 64 DS multiple times, and I much enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine. I love how many assumptions I get from disliking Super Mario Galaxy. "You calling out Super Mario Galaxy as "mediocre" proves you are only here to troll and stir stuff up." (from another forum) "Maybe you don't like Mario 3-D games that much." Really, guys? Really?

The game is pretty easy up until you beat bowser (I'm saying this in the case that you played the levels in order and not the extra levels). After that there are a fair amount of harder stages, including those speical ones like daredevil comets.

-:bowser:Bowser King
I didn't get NONE of the extra stars, I just didn't get ALL of them.

Apparently, I should be ashamed for having an unpopular opinion. GOD I hate Super Mario Galaxy and how friggin' overrated it is.

And I also like how people complain about the Wii not getting decent third party support when Nintendo never had decent third party support for YEARS.

Yeah, you're right, complaining because something has been a certain way for quite a while obviously proves we're whiny babies.

Oh...as long as I can remember, people have been stupid, stereotyping elitists and society has sucked. Guess I'm a whiny baby for not being content with it.

Flawed arguments are flawed.

And then it's funny when Nintendo 'hardcore' say Ninty abandoned them when their is this thing called the DS. lol babies!
Yeah, because you being pleased by the DS means everyone else is satisfied with it. Lol elitism!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
LOL I like how people once again only focused on Mario and Zelda. Meanwhile the Excite series had a game released last month and it's bombing while we speak.

and GK proves why, once again, he's the greatest person in the light house.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Firusthebawhog said:
Apparently, I should be ashamed for having an unpopular opinion.
It's not that you should keep your opinions to yourself. It's just that you should keep your opinions to yourself after you've expressed them for the 15685656899467382th time.

M.K

Level 55
What? I said it was BORING to the point that I didn't get all of the stars.
Then you really don't have the right to say that the game is easy.
That's like learning how to use a scalpel and calling brain surgery easy.

You're right, I need a reason besides "It bored me" for not finishing the game. I should definitely finish it because you think I should.

Let's see.

- I didn't like the music.
- I found it boring and repetitive.
- I barely had to try to get all of the stars in each section, and ended up unlocking the Bowser stage before I had even played anything else in the section.

Good enough?

I didn't enjoy the game. You wouldn't think a person would need a better reason.

I've played Super Mario 64 DS multiple times, and I much enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine. I love how many assumptions I get from disliking Super Mario Galaxy. "You calling out Super Mario Galaxy as "mediocre" proves you are only here to troll and stir stuff up." (from another forum) "Maybe you don't like Mario 3-D games that much." Really, guys? Really?
Look, I'm not going to try and argue against you, but the same points for the reason that you DIDN'T like Galaxy can be said about people who DON'T enjoy Sunshine, but, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you feel that people who find Galaxy fun/entertaining/unique do not have the correct opinion, which.....just isn't right to think...

I mean, like you said, the internet is for expressing opinions, right?

Apparently, I should be ashamed for having an unpopular opinion. GOD I hate Super Mario Galaxy and how friggin' overrated it is.

Yeah, you're right, complaining because something has been a certain way for quite a while obviously proves we're whiny babies.

Oh...as long as I can remember, people have been stupid, stereotyping elitists and society has sucked. Guess I'm a whiny baby for not being content with it.

Flawed arguments are flawed.
You shouldn't be ashamed, but you should be more accepting to people who believe in the mainstream ideas as well. I'm just saying here (I know how we argue, it's not pretty, so let's not....you know...."get like that" [AND GET ON AIM]). You are being sort of lethargic about this whole thing, I mean, don't give up and demean society if someone disagrees with you rudely. If they do, that just means that you have the right to feel proud of your own opinion ^_^.
I don't much like Metroid, hmm. I don't find it to be a game I can enjoy. Does that make you think less of me? I bet it does, however, I can say it respectfully because I realize that some people DO enjoy the game and I don't have to go out of my way to tell them why I didn't like it personally.

de gustibus non est disputandum - There is no arguing matters of taste.

Yeah, because you being pleased by the DS means everyone else is satisfied with it. Lol elitism!
Just because you think Galaxy is bad means that everyone else has a skewed view on true "hardcoreness" (for lack of a better word).
Lolcontradiction.

Don't be mad at me, please, I'm just trying to....have an opinion, I guess. You know how we get so.....don't get angry with me. I'll cut you. JK I can't do that, but...yeah....

It's not that you should keep your opinions to yourself. It's just that you should keep your opinions to yourself after you've expressed them for the 15685656899467382th time.
Well, first of all, the whole "name-changing" certainly doesn't HELP him accept other people's opinions, so stop being such an immature prick about this situation. It only makes you look rather stupid.
Second of all, he has the right to express his opinion just as you have the right to express yours, and he can do it as many times as he wants. Can't you respect that he has a different viewpoints? Sure, it gets a little tedious after about the 3rd time you state something, but nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The sad thing is we only have high expectation for Nintendo. We don't put this much pressure on Square, Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, or even SCE.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, that arguing was simply ridiculous. THIS GAME IS NONDESERVING, NO THIS GAME IS; THIS GAME IS CASUAL, NO THIS GAME IS, BLAH BLAH BLAH! We've all seen that argument a thousand and one times here, and frankly, if its about defending your title as "Smash ***hole", then that's pretty **** sad *looking at you Firus*. I know we can all be temperamental about the games we care about, but by golly, they're games! What serious impact are they going to have on the world -- you know, that big, boiling blue ball outside of the consumerist world of gamers that we all are. Simply put, that's what we are, consumers who like to ***** about whether or not our products are going to come out in the ways we want them to.

I'd like to call this the "Bad shampoo formula syndrome". If the ingredients aren't perfect, then you convince yourself that it simply cannot work. The video game world is now ruined - truly. No longer does someone go to the store, buy some bizarre game that looks even the slightest bit interesting simply because they know that it's going to be a unique experience, no matter how archaic the game seems in comparison to those of the now -- people only buy games that a) reviewers say are good, and b) meet their extreme standards in what makes a "good game". We are spoonfed far too much information now. Before playing a game, we know exactly what it's about, so the whole "romance" of experimenting with games simply for the joy of trying new things out is gone - completely gone. It's like the idea of dating now. No longer do you bump into someone, begin a conversation, kindle a liking and arrange a date -- now you find them through search engines on the mega-intangible internet, talk with them through cyberchat (which may be the closest you ever get to knowing them, and yes, I know how ironic it is that I'm using this very phenomenon to type all of this), and if you're lucky, meet up with them in person, which may (and often does) end up badly, as they turn out to be a very different person than their text said they were.

So the gist of this? Just examine yourselves.

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
All this Nintendo talk just remined me that they should announce when Mario & Luigi RPG 3 is coming out. I mean it should had already been out already and the hype of me waiting for this game has died down. Also, is there any razzle dazzle game that's coming out for the other systems?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Well, first of all, the whole "name-changing" certainly doesn't HELP him accept other people's opinions, so stop being such an immature prick about this situation. It only makes you look rather stupid.
Oh no. I made a slight jab at someone over the internet. Someone hang me at the gallows now.

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore, seriously.

Second of all, he has the right to express his opinion just as you have the right to express yours, and he can do it as many times as he wants. Can't you respect that he has a different viewpoints? Sure, it gets a little tedious after about the 3rd time you state something, but nobody is forcing you to read this thread.
Isn't it my opinion that Firus spouting his opinion everywhere is just coming off as obnoxious?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Which made me wonder, if hundreds of independently functioning AI's can be supported by a gamecube, why don't we ever seem this type of thing on the Xbox 360 or the PS3? An FPS with a hundred enemies simultaniously trying to kill me would be kind of awesome.
Its possible that most of the CPU usage goes towards graphics as most PS3 or Xbox 360 owners would go Ballistic if their game looks like a "wii game", I'm personally going to wait to see what they'll unveil, I have a nagging suspicion that the game will be unveiled with Nintendo, and that they acquired High Voltage, making them the new Factor 5.

SpireIII said:
ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA
AMEN BROTH-ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Its possible that most of the CPU usage goes towards graphics as most PS3 or Xbox 360 owners would go Ballistic if their game looks like a "wii game", I'm personally going to wait to see what they'll unveil, I have a nagging suspicion that the game will be unveiled with Nintendo, and that they acquired High Voltage, making them the new Factor 5.

AMEN BROTH-ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA.
I'll be honest - I don't see High Voltage being a Nintendo Developer. They have a terrible track record - the most criticically acclaimed game unveiled by High Voltage in years is "Go, Diego Go!" Not only that, but Nintendo is Nintendo-ish.

Now Sega, on the other hand, might be interested in having exclusivity on the best pure FPS developer for the wii; High Voltage themselves said their engine had no equal - which is why they had to make it from scratch rather than purchasing rights to an appropriate engine from someone else, and Sega loves making their blue blur as graphically up to date as possible.

Actually, I'm not sure high Voltage has an equal - in that I'm not familiar with any shovelware developers that simply decided they wanted to become high-end developers with a single game.

And of course Zelda will be at E3.

Chu-chu trains for all!
What an aweful pun...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So, you've seen me express my opinion before once or twice and suddenly I should stop saying it, even if it comes into discussion?

That's just stupid and illogical.

And changing my name wasn't funny. I don't lack a sense of humor.

We've all seen that argument a thousand and one times here, and frankly, if its about defending your title as "Smash ***hole", then that's pretty **** sad *looking at you Firus*.
If you're talking about me having a title of "Smash Debater" having anything to do with what I'm saying, I take a LOT of umbrage from that.

Isn't it my opinion that Firus spouting his opinion everywhere is just coming off as obnoxious?
Yeah, except it's your opinion that an opinion is occurring. I don't spout my opinion everywhere, I hardly even post in the Light House anymore. Overexaggeration for the lose.

Then you really don't have the right to say that the game is easy.
That's like learning how to use a scalpel and calling brain surgery easy.
You're right, regularly beating the game is "learning how to use a scalpel". That's like saying I can't say I love DK64 because I've not gotten 101% yet. I beat the main game, for heaven's sake, that's good enough.

Look, I'm not going to try and argue against you,
Yeah you are, that's what you're doing. It's just stupid to say you're not, it's not like I'm going to take offense from it.

but the same points for the reason that you DIDN'T like Galaxy can be said about people who DON'T enjoy Sunshine, but, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like you feel that people who find Galaxy fun/entertaining/unique do not have the correct opinion, which.....just isn't right to think...
I'm correcting you. I didn't say that. I just don't appreciate the fangasm that is Super Mario Galaxy fans and how much crap I've gotten for it. So if I'm a little hostile, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable. Being called a troll for expressing a certain opinion which is, apparently, just not possible, can make a person that way.

I don't much like Metroid, hmm. I don't find it to be a game I can enjoy. Does that make you think less of me? I bet it does,
Thanks for the faith. -_-

de gustibus non est disputandum - There is no arguing matters of taste.
That's why we have the Debate Hall, because arguing opinions shouldn't occur. Oh wait...

Just because you think Galaxy is bad means that everyone else has a skewed view on true "hardcoreness" (for lack of a better word).
Lolcontradiction.
Did I say that? No I didn't. I said Galaxy was CASUALIZED and EASIER. The "easy" and "bad" parts were separate.

Yeah, I give up on people. The internet has been unbearable today.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So, you've seen me express my opinion before once or twice and suddenly I should stop saying it, even if it comes into discussion?

That's just stupid and illogical.

And changing my name wasn't funny. I don't lack a sense of humor.

If you're talking about me having a title of "Smash Debater" having anything to do with what I'm saying, I take a LOT of umbrage from that.

Yeah, except it's your opinion that an opinion is occurring. I don't spout my opinion everywhere, I hardly even post in the Light House anymore. Overexaggeration for the lose.

You're right, regularly beating the game is "learning how to use a scalpel". That's like saying I can't say I love DK64 because I've not gotten 101% yet. I beat the main game, for heaven's sake, that's good enough.

Yeah you are, that's what you're doing. It's just stupid to say you're not, it's not like I'm going to take offense from it.

I'm correcting you. I didn't say that. I just don't appreciate the fangasm that is Super Mario Galaxy fans and how much crap I've gotten for it. So if I'm a little hostile, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable. Being called a troll for expressing a certain opinion which is, apparently, just not possible, can make a person that way.

Thanks for the faith. -_-

That's why we have the Debate Hall, because arguing opinions shouldn't occur. Oh wait...

Did I say that? No I didn't. I said Galaxy was CASUALIZED and EASIER. The "easy" and "bad" parts were separate.

Yeah, I give up on people. The internet has been unbearable today.
Don't be Yuna. Please don't be Yuna. We all like Yuna safely not here to nitpick all discussion to death.

So... Head Tracking at E3 - yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom