• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Rumors say that the next Wii, Wii2 for sake of clariety, will be out in 2013. The WiiHD, which is the same console, presumably, but with HD capabilities should be out either next year or 2011. It'll be enraging because Nintendo said High Definition was a fad.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not much more enraging that Sony and Microsoft saying the exact same thing about motion controllers, both of which are due to announce their own this year.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Rumors say that the next Wii, Wii2 for sake of clariety, will be out in 2013. The WiiHD, which is the same console, presumably, but with HD capabilities should be out either next year or 2011. It'll be enraging because Nintendo said High Definition was a fad.
Nope. Ignore the rumors.

They've never done what you described with WiiHD (with home consoles), so why would they start now?

I don't get what the big deal is though. I still think the wii graphics look fine, when they are properly utilized. Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 look great, so I don't understand why anyone would want or care about a WiiHD even if it did exist.

Eh, I guess I don't really care enough about graphics to see what it is everyone else is complaining so much about.

EDIT: What I find enraging is the lack of FPS's that use IR controls. And the lack of a good lightsaber game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
HD is the future of television. By not utilitising that, Wii is actively keeping progress down.

For motion controls, they ARE a fad. People like them in moderation, but the big Wii titles, TP, Mario Kart, Brawl, don't use them exclusively.

The difference between calling what will be the industry standard a fad and calling what is nothing more than a gimmick a fad is incomparable. Yeah, Motion control is going to be used by Sony and MS, but Nintendo didn't invent it. They just incorporated into their system. Personally, I hate games that use it, and I disable SixAxis whenever I can.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
HD is the future of television. By not utilitising that, Wii is actively keeping progress down.

For motion controls, they ARE a fad. People like them in moderation, but the big Wii titles, TP, Mario Kart, Brawl, don't use them exclusively.

The difference between calling what will be the industry standard a fad and calling what is nothing more than a gimmick a fad is incomparable. Yeah, Motion control is going to be used by Sony and MS, but Nintendo didn't invent it. They just incorporated into their system. Personally, I hate games that use it, and I disable SixAxis whenever I can.
Where to start...

Neither are a fad. HD didn't have the option, because the entire industry supported it in total disreguard for whether consumers wanted it or not. I couldn't buy a tube T.V. in the size I needed, which forced me to go for a flat screen - that is how much evolving technology envelopes the industry and makes it impossible for it to be a fad, whether consumers need it or not.

The wii-mote itself, without motion sensing, is genious. With motion sensing, it is very hard to call it a fad and a gimmick because it isn't. Wii sport's bowling is not at all gimmicky, and the fact that nothing else really compares to that is being resolved with the motion plus. And on the issue of fad - it will remain eternally popular among even the core as soon as a good light saber game comes out. Light sabers are simply not a fad, and nerds will always beg for a 1 for 1 light saber game until they get it.

Speaking of which, anyone think there'll be a 1 for 1 motion control lightsaber dueling game at E3?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Speaking of which, anyone think there'll be a 1 for 1 motion control lightsaber dueling game at E3?
Personally, making a Gundam game with 1 on 1 controls would be better. I'm a Star Wars fan and a 1 on 1 light saber game would be sweet, but you can't chop thing in half, which gives me some satisfaction. But then how are they going to implement the Dual ended light Saber and the Light Whip into the game?

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Lol My brother always said they had better make one good lightsaber game using the motion controls. Hopefully with the motion plus there will be one awsome lightsaber game, with multiplayer too.

Personally, making a Gundam game with 1 on 1 controls would be better. I'm a Star Wars fan and a 1 on 1 light saber game would be sweet, but you can't chop thing in half, which gives me some satisfaction. But then how are they going to implement the Dual ended light Saber and the Light Whip into the game?
Like that Gundam game already out in japan. They need to bring one to the States with motion plus. Me being a fan and all, that would be something I would look foward to seeing at E3. Hehe.

"Shining Finger!" >:D

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Yay for attacks that have no relation to that Wii Gundam game

/gun****erdrage

Its a bit late, but Here are the floor plans of E3

http://kotaku.com/5260636/heres-your-e3-2009-floor-plan
I just said shining finger because we were on the topic about gundam and I thought it would be sorta funny. <.< I know G Gundam isn't like most of the others or that game since it's fighting rather than shooting or saber combat.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
What is this G Gundam you speak of. It sounds strangely familiar.

Also, I really would not like announcements on future consoles yet. It seems way too early. And a WiiHD would be horrible.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
If Bethesda announces FallOut I'll......I'll...............**** in my pants.

No, but seriously that would be awesome. Anyway, I am looking forward to Bungie announces their projects and what ever Peter Jackson was working on. Probably some awesome Halo:ODST LE as well as COD5:Modern Warfare2 (I know the 5 isn't there, but I just like putting it there ^_^) Maybe Valve announces a new game, any game Valve makes is pure win, I heard from some unreliable(Lol) source that there might be a L4D in the making. If not I would love to see Orange box 2.0(not possible, but I can hope) with TF3, Portal: The Cake is NOT a lie and a new thing they're probably going to make. Well Orange box 2.0 was my mind going wild, very impossible, but meh.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice

Also, I really would not like announcements on future consoles yet. It seems way too early. And a WiiHD would be horrible.

Wong Yunfat, doesn't approve.
WiiHD would be good, just not so soon in the upcoming years.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They've never done what you described with WiiHD (with home consoles), so why would they start now?
The argument of "they've never done it before" has pretty much died this generation for Nintendo. They've changed a lot of things, including adding on tons of extra features that have nothing to do with gaming, which they never did before. (DSi)

K64

Smash Apprentice
Okay I'm not sure about Nintendo. After Nintendo totally screwed me over, I'm losing hope. and yeah, about that LOZ: Spirit Tracks game. Remember? "Zelda should be more accessable to casual gamers." Ring a bell anyone?
For Sony. PSP Go! Yeah, I know that they ditched the UMD, but I need to know: is there some way that they will bring it to the Go!? If not then I'm not interested. I'm not re-buying everything like I'm made of money. Little Big Planet for the PSP should get some time in the spotlight. Wow me Media Molecule. Wow me.

Spire

III
BRoomer

It was the Gundam series prior to Gundam Wing (although it aired after GW on Toonami). It mainly revolved around tournament fighting where the pilots would actually connect through their nerves to the Gundam, so their actual movements would govern the moves of the mobile suit, rather than sitting in a seat, pressing a bunch of buttons.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice

Wong Yunfat, doesn't approve.
WiiHD would be good, just not so soon in the upcoming years.
Lol, nice one bro. XD

It was the Gundam series prior to Gundam Wing (although it aired after GW on Toonami). It mainly revolved around tournament fighting where the pilots would actually connect through their nerves to the Gundam, so their actual movements would govern the moves of the mobile suit, rather than sitting in a seat, pressing a bunch of buttons.
He knows. He has a G Gundam avi. lol

Nice Schwarz Bruder avatar. XD

Anyway, I agree. It would be too soon.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yeah, you're right, complaining because something has been a certain way for quite a while obviously proves we're whiny babies.
No.

Complaining about it NOW for some bizarre reason proves you're whiny babibes. And then not buying quality third party games makes it worse.

Yeah, because you being pleased by the DS means everyone else is satisfied with it. Lol elitism!
LOL I don't have a DS. LOL assuming

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No.

Complaining about it NOW for some bizarre reason proves you're whiny babibes. And then not buying quality third party games makes it worse.

LOL I don't have a DS. LOL assuming
Don't bring the argument back up. I'm not going to continue it, I only came back because it ended.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Don't bring the argument back up. I'm not going to continue it, I only came back because it ended.
On the contrary, you haven't posted in this thread until he started the arguement up again. And you only returned to comment on his comment.

Can't we all just get along in hateful silence?

Anyway, I think the next Zelda game should have more lightsabers. Sure the one
Ganondorf had at the end of Twilight Princess
was pretty cool, but it would be much more awesome if the next Zelda had you start with a light saber. The Master Sword would still be more powerful, but it would still be awesome.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
was pretty cool, but it would be much more awesome if the next Zelda had you start with a light saber. The Master Sword would still be more powerful, but it would still be awesome.
omg, liek, teh next zelda gaem shud 2ttly taek place in teh FYOOOOOOOOOOCHER, amirite!??!1/

Well, I wouldn't mind a futuristic Zelda, but everyone brings it up all the time :dizzy:

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
On the contrary, you haven't posted in this thread until he started the arguement up again. And you only returned to comment on his comment.

7+ hit comboes or whatever with those kind of controls would be nice too. :p Future based Zelda game? Lol I can't really agree with that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The countdown ends on June 1st still, but being MGS, I really cannot see this game being exclusive to the 360, which has no presence in Japan. The PS2 is still outselling the 360, week-to-week. So, if it's on 360, it'll likely be on PS3 as well, but it's odd the countdown ends on June 1st - Microsoft's day.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I was hoping that was gonna be about MGS4 on 360.

Oh well. I can't wish for everything to work out for me. Darn........

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The countdown ends on June 1st still, but being MGS, I really cannot see this game being exclusive to the 360, which has no presence in Japan.
I'm trying to find a link to current sales figures. I can't find 'em. I just wanna see this.

Not that it matters in the overall grand-scale of things, since 360 is ahead, right?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm trying to find a link to current sales figures. I can't find 'em. I just wanna see this.

Not that it matters in the overall grand-scale of things, since 360 is ahead, right?
Kotaku posts them weekly, but here are the last three weeks:

April 27 - May 3, 2009
PSP - 49,557
DSi - 49,133
PS3 - 23,588
Wii - 21,546
DSL - 7,540
X360 - 7,313
PS2 - 5,479
May 4 - 10, 2009
DSi - 55,382
PSP - 43,009
Wii - 24,397
PS3 - 18,483
DSL - 7,821
PS2 - 5,137
X360 - 5,068
May 11 - 17, 2009
DSi - 34,152
PSP - 28,683
Wii - 15,116
PS3 - 11,605
DSL - 4,888
PS2 - 4,020
X360 - 3,233
Two weeks behind a last gen console is not good. Wiki shows the worldwide 360 sales at 27~ million since 2005. The world PS3 sales is at 22~ million since 2006, however, the PS3 sales for both US and Canada are from 2008, whereas the 360 sales are from 09 in US, but 08 in Canada. Those numbers aren't great for 360 who has more titles, supposedly, is much cheaper, and has been out longer. If Sony has another good year in Japan + FF13, which is exclusive to PS3 in Japan, the PS3 could surpass the 360. Also, along with Nintendo, Sony has 3 consoles selling regularly at higher price points than the Microsoft and Nintendo. So, while Nintendo is in the lead, second place is not secure, which should make console battles better for consumers.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Um, what? I just responded to YOUR comment. Last page.

Hard to get along when you make me out to be an idiot...

Can everyone leave me alone and continue with discussing just E3 like I'm trying to?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I literally crapped my pants when I saw Big Boss at the end of that countdown.

My predictions:

MGS PO2 for PSP (Big Boss)
MGS5 for PS3/360 (Raiden)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Oh you know you want me, baby. :p

Two weeks behind a last gen console is not good. Wiki shows the worldwide 360 sales at 27~ million since 2005. The world PS3 sales is at 22~ million since 2006, however, the PS3 sales for both US and Canada are from 2008, whereas the 360 sales are from 09 in US, but 08 in Canada. Those numbers aren't great for 360 who has more titles, supposedly, is much cheaper, and has been out longer. If Sony has another good year in Japan + FF13, which is exclusive to PS3 in Japan, the PS3 could surpass the 360. Also, along with Nintendo, Sony has 3 consoles selling regularly at higher price points than the Microsoft and Nintendo. So, while Nintendo is in the lead, second place is not secure, which should make console battles better for consumers.
To be fair, the 360 did get a year head start. So it figures sales would slow down faster.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So wait, since the conferences are going to be on weekdays, are they going to be before or after 3:00 EST?

If they're before, then I wont exactly skip school, but it still wouldn't be the same as watching it live :(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In the OP, the times are 10:30 for Microsoft, 9 for Nintendo, and 11 for Sony, PST. Add three hours to all of those and still, all of them will start earlier than 3.

I can't recall how long they last, but assuming they last an hour, the closest one will be Sony, which will END at 3.

So...yeah. =/

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm skipping school for Microsoft's, Nintendo's and Sony's. Dead serious.

I wish it was at the same time as last year ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom