• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Don't be Yuna. Please don't be Yuna. We all like Yuna safely not here to nitpick all discussion to death.
Then people ought to stop nitpicking my opinions and looking for me to slip up and say the wrong thing. Stop trying to make me out to look like an idiot and I'll stop yelling at you.

I seriously just...I give up. The only thing I can learn from this is that I should stop talking to people, especially -- god forbid -- expressing unpopular opinions, because then I'm BAWWing.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeahhh, I agree. Or the "picking apart" thing like Yami Ryu. (Yeah, he knows)

What is head tracking exactly?
Head tracking is a program that tracks the location of your head, and shows on screen the objects in-game relative to your movements. The inventor of the wii version created a hombrew demonstration w/ youtube video I believe - place the wii-mote on any falt surface, wear a sensor bar/grasses substitute on your forhead, and the program will make the game objects appear to be in 3D space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Spire

III
BRoomer
If you're talking about me having a title of "Smash Debater" having anything to do with what I'm saying, I take a LOT of umbrage from that.
No, not at all. By saying that, I was suggesting that you simply argue with and criticize others for the sake of doing so, rather than trying to prove any point aside from you knowing that you're a jerk and love to relish in the fact that everyone else knows and acknowledges that. Please don't be a Yuna. No one reads or cares about the nitpicking posts, because they're blatantly obnoxious, and frankly, people don't want to read posts where someone is obviously trying to defend themselves by further criticizing as many people at once as possible. It's pretty lame, mang.

Like I said, analyze yourself before others. Otherwise, you might as well just be a program rather than a human.
Then people ought to stop nitpicking my opinions and looking for me to slip up and say the wrong thing. Stop trying to make me out to look like an idiot and I'll stop yelling at you.

I seriously just...I give up. The only thing I can learn from this is that I should stop talking to people, especially -- god forbid -- expressing unpopular opinions, because then I'm BAWWing.
No, you can definitely express unpopular opinions without being harsh in your wording -- meaning that you use such unpopular opinions as a means of berating others so that you can establish your word as bold and perhaps even [a bit] controversial. It's a form of hiding insecurities with oneself, and while I'm not suggesting you have any, like I said -- analyze yourself.

Anyways, E3...

Has anyone else seen the footage for Project Trico, Team Ico's third game? Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

It looks a bit too "Neverending Story" to me, but nevertheless, is absolutely beautiful, and will probably be an incredible game by default.

Lovely

Smash Lord
What? I said it was BORING to the point that I didn't get all of the stars.

♣ That part was a tease, sorry I have a bad habit of that. ;p ♥

You're right, I need a reason besides "It bored me" for not finishing the game. I should definitely finish it because you think I should.

Let's see.

- I didn't like the music.
- I found it boring and repetitive.
- I barely had to try to get all of the stars in each section, and ended up unlocking the Bowser stage before I had even played anything else in the section.

Good enough?
♣ That's better, just shocked that someone didn't like the music. To tell you the truth, the only excuses I had was "it was on the Wii" I'm glad your telling wasn't like that. ♥

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeahhh, I agree. Or the "picking apart" thing like Yami Ryu. (Yeah, he knows)
No, not at all. By saying that, I was suggesting that you simply argue with and criticize others for the sake of doing so, rather than trying to prove any point aside from you knowing that you're a jerk and love to relish in the fact that everyone else knows and acknowledges that. Please don't be a Yuna. No one reads or cares about the nitpicking posts, because they're blatantly obnoxious, and frankly, people don't want to read posts where someone is obviously trying to defend themselves by further criticizing as many people at once as possible. It's pretty lame, mang.

Like I said, analyze yourself before others. Otherwise, you might as well just be a program rather than a human.

No, you can definitely express unpopular opinions without being harsh in your wording -- meaning that you use such unpopular opinions as a means of berating others so that you can establish your word as bold and perhaps even [a bit] controversial. It's a form of hiding insecurities with oneself, and while I'm not suggesting you have any, like I said -- analyze yourself.
You guys really have no faith in me at all, I thought you guys knew me better than to say I'm just trying to use whatever I can to yell at people or that I am, god forbid, like someone as scum-like as Yami Ryu.

Whatever. I'm not coming back to this topic, there's nothing but flames and "No one cares about your opinion"s here.

♣ That part was a tease, sorry I have a bad habit of that. ;p ♥

♣ That's better, just shocked that someone didn't like the music. To tell you the truth, the only excuses I had was "it was on the Wii" I'm glad your telling wasn't like that. ♥
Yeah, that's a pretty bad reason. I didn't realize some people were stupid about it like that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So, you've seen me express my opinion before once or twice and suddenly I should stop saying it, even if it comes into discussion?
I must keep on getting really lucky with all of your light-house related posts then.

That's just stupid and illogical.
Whatever, data.

And changing my name wasn't funny. I don't lack a sense of humor.
JESUS CHRIST, IT WAS JUST A SMALL THING I ADDED ON A WHIM, STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY EVERYONE.

Yeah, except it's your opinion that an opinion is occurring.
My head hurts.

I don't spout my opinion everywhere, I hardly even post in the Light House anymore.
Time flies.

Overexaggeration for the lose.
I don't go on the pokeymanz boards, so I don't know anything about you outside Light House and occasionally Smash Blogs. So......yeah. Don't mind me.

Whatever. I'm not coming back to this topic, there's nothing but flames and "No one cares about your opinion"s here.

It'll never be the same without you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How bout them Zelda's?

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

Exactly two weeks from now guys and the Big N will unveil their mess.

Question: What's the status on Brutal Legend? I've read several reports on the game having publisher issues, much like Ghostbusters. Are we going to see this game debut this year?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
How bout them Zelda's?

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

Exactly two weeks from now guys and the Big N will unveil their mess.

Question: What's the status on Brutal Legend? I've read several reports on the game having publisher issues, much like Ghostbusters. Are we going to see this game debut this year?
Ghost Busters is having publisher issues?

I can see why Brutal Legends would have some problems though - it actually does look like something too dark for wii publishers, but too much of an action adventure game for the PS3/360 publishers.

I kinda dislike how certain consoles seem designated for certain genres.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Spire, <3 Trico.

Team Ico makes me love everything they do. I'm was fortunate enough to pick up the last copy of Ico just before SotCs release. Those are some games that I will never sell.

Although we don't have much information on Trico at the moment I'm still awaiting any news with baited breath.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Has anyone else seen the footage for Project Trico, Team Ico's third game? Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

It looks a bit too "Neverending Story" to me, but nevertheless, is absolutely beautiful, and will probably be an incredible game by default.
It went for

"OHHH **** WHAT THE **** IS THAT! AM I GOING TO ****ING FIGHT THAT!" And "RUN KID RUN! YOUR GOING TO GET KILLED"
Then to a
"HOLY ****"
To
"Wait...wut?"
To
"one of them isn't going to make it"

HolloweenCaptain said:
Ghost Busters is having publisher issues?
*cough*stupidsonytimedreleaseeventhoughtheotherversionsarecomplete*cough*

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think the game is confirmed for a September release. Let me check...

EDIT: October 13th for both X-Box and PS3, according to IGN.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Alright Mr. Pessimistic...

Are you kidding me? Nintendo is sure to unveil something BIG, even if it's one game. I remember reading an interview with someone high in the Nintendo hierarchy from last year that said that Zelda Wii would definitely be announced sometime in 2009, and what better event to do it at than this* E3?

* = in comparison to the style of 2008's E3
Shiggy said a few E3's back that he would be dissapointed if Mario 128 wasn't shown.

It wasn't, he was disappointed. There is never anything definite about videogames until it's actually in your hands.

The only thing I'm interested about Nintendo is a new Metroid game (which I doubt will happen with Ninty re-releasing MP1-2 with Wii controls) and another Smash game. Maybe Pikmin 3. I'm just not that fussed with their offerings in the last few years.

EDIT: Forgot about M&L3. but I've been avoiding the japanese version for spoilers and it's coming out at some point, so still eh.

EDIT2: Even less chance of a new Metroid now that Ninty's packaging MP1, 2 and 3 together on the one disk. :/
http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/14447/metroid-prime-trilogy-revealed/

Spire

III
BRoomer
Shiggy said a few E3's back that he would be dissapointed if Mario 128 wasn't shown.

It wasn't, he was disappointed. There is never anything definite about videogames until it's actually in your hands.

The only thing I'm interested about Nintendo is a new Metroid game (which I doubt will happen with Ninty re-releasing MP1-2 with Wii controls) and another Smash game. Maybe Pikmin 3. I'm just not that fussed with their offerings in the last few years.

EDIT: Forgot about M&L3. but I've been avoiding the japanese version for spoilers and it's coming out at some point, so still eh.

EDIT2: Even less chance of a new Metroid now that Ninty's packaging MP1, 2 and 3 together on the one disk. :/
http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/14447/metroid-prime-trilogy-revealed/
While Nintendo has pumped out a Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, various Pokemon, and a Smash Bros since the Wii's launch (in only 2.5 years), it still feels incredibly unsubstantial. I think this reveals how important F-Zero and Star Fox really are (and Kirby to a lesser extent). These series have been around circa 1990 and have stood the test of time... until Nintendo's switch of maneuvers to the "broad" market.

Basically, such series as Waverace are being eliminated by Wii Sports Resort, because what was once an original game series is no longer as important as creating a bobblehead "Mii" character to hop on a jetski and race around with one-to-one precision (well, as far as video games can actually go in emulating real-life control-based physics), when this type of control shift could have easily been slapped on to the Waverace name.

But alas, they do what makes them the most money, and seeing as how MP3: Corruption came out almost [only] two years ago, I doubt we'll see another core-console Metroid (look at the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime/Metroid Fusion, using SSB64 as a reintroduction of Samus to newer gamers) for another year or so. However, it's been six(?) years since F-Zero pumped out a core title. The Gamecube had two Starfox games, so the Wii should be fit for one at this point, given the probable fact that its lifespan may deplete after about three more years before Ninty switches to its next console.

And speaking of.... I think I recall reading something about a Wii 2, with enhanced motion controls and the HD graphics of the 360 some time ago, but I'm really not certain. With Ninty's direction right now, this would probably be the logical choice - a system that simply improves on all of the features of its predecessor rather than risking anything more. However, looking at their past console history, Nintendo has been pretty experimental in their console design. The Wii and the Virtual Boy say it all, but the latter was also their biggest bomb, while the prior has been their biggest success (besides Ocarina of Time, durrrrrr). So, are they going to play it safe? Or might they risk alienating some fans with a riskier console?

ALSO (sorry, last thing!) Doug TenNapel is working on a Neverhood movie and has expressed interest in reviving Earthworm Jim on the PS3. Could this hint to a revival of Neverhood/Skullmonkeys, and for the first time in 11+ years, a chance to play Klaymen in a new game of his own? If this came up at E3 for whatever chance, Nintendo wouldn't even matter to me anymore [/lie].

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But alas, they do what makes them the most money, and seeing as how MP3: Corruption came out almost [only] two years ago, I doubt we'll see another core-console Metroid (look at the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime/Metroid Fusion, using SSB64 as a reintroduction of Samus to newer gamers) for another year or so.
Personally, I want another 2d Metroid.

And speaking of.... I think I recall reading something about a Wii 2, with enhanced motion controls and the HD graphics of the 360 some time ago, but I'm really not certain. With Ninty's direction right now, this would probably be the logical choice - a system that simply improves on all of the features of its predecessor rather than risking anything more. However, looking at their past console history, Nintendo has been pretty experimental in their console design. The Wii and the Virtual Boy say it all, but the latter was also their biggest bomb, while the prior has been their biggest success (besides Ocarina of Time, durrrrrr). So, are they going to play it safe? Or might they risk alienating some fans with a riskier console?
While it wouldn't suprise me too much if they do announce such a thing (well one without improved graphics because game developers would be pissed that they've been working on games (ie conduit) without telling them, but there's this snippet from an interview with Iwata

"You may not be able to believe this, but even when Nintendo has completed a hardware, it does not mean that we will surely launch it. Following a completion of a new hardware development, if the company determines that it will be better to continue with the sales of the existing hardware on the market after reviewing the circumstance comprehensively, it can no longer be used as it is in the future because that new hardware was optimized to be launched at that time."

Basically, if the Wii's still selling, don't expect anything for a while.
http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/14446/nintendo-constantly-working-on-new-hardware/

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

And Aztec Avenger, where in the world did you get the idea that Bethesda may release something for the Wii? They've never been in tune with Nintendo -- not even a smidgen. I'd love to see an interlude Elder Scrolls game, like, not ESV, but an off-core game appear on the Wii, but alas, that probably won't happen.
I ain't crazy, here's the linky, it may not be Elder Scrolls or FallOut, but maybe something new.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/18/bethesda-announcing-a-really-big-wii-game-this-year.

Oh yeah and BIOSHOCK2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping they announce some type of Limited Edition Reserve, which will probably happen, I am just so hyped about that game (Bioshock is my favorite game of ALL time)

Darkslash

Smash Master

Spire

III
BRoomer
Personally, I want another 2d Metroid.

While it wouldn't suprise me too much if they do announce such a thing (well one without improved graphics because game developers would be pissed that they've been working on games (ie conduit) without telling them, but there's this snippet from an interview with Iwata

"You may not be able to believe this, but even when Nintendo has completed a hardware, it does not mean that we will surely launch it. Following a completion of a new hardware development, if the company determines that it will be better to continue with the sales of the existing hardware on the market after reviewing the circumstance comprehensively, it can no longer be used as it is in the future because that new hardware was optimized to be launched at that time."

Basically, if the Wii's still selling, don't expect anything for a while.
http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-wii/14446/nintendo-constantly-working-on-new-hardware/
So Nintendo has probably developed a number of beta consoles over the years that have simply never surfaced to the public.

Oh, and personally, I want a 2.5D Metroid. Prime's graphics with Super Metroid's gameplay, enhanced tenfold.
I ain't crazy, here's the linky, it may not be Elder Scrolls or FallOut, but maybe something new.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/18/bethesda-announcing-a-really-big-wii-game-this-year.

Oh yeah and BIOSHOCK2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping they announce some type of Limited Edition Reserve, which will probably happen, I am just so hyped about that game (Bioshock is my favorite game of ALL time)
Wow, I can't believe me eyes! That's awesome news.
Are they making a Fallout rail shooter?
I surely hope not. But rail shooters can be considered casually-watered down versions of the originals, and if Bethesda does not like to cater to the casual crowd, then there's a fine chance that we won't see another rail shooter in lieu of an actually good game.

I would love to see a new Bethesda IP for the Wii. Microsoft and Sony can keep Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but Nintendo could get its own, exclusive franchise; kind of like the Crystal Chronicles deal.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If Bethesda is developing Zelda Wii I'm going to submit myself to a Wookiee life debt to Nintendo.

Spire

III
BRoomer
As long as they don't make a nuclear apocalypse version of Zelda.
The Legend of Zelda: Morrowind is all the gaming world needs for complete and utter satisfaction forever.

But, we cannot let this thread turn into a Zelda thread. I must cease plaguing it!

... ... ...

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually..you may be on to some thing.

Actually I want to see Elder Scrolls type Zelda. That would be awesome.
I wouldn't mind an open world like Oblivion, (in fact it would be awesome) but no confusing menu system, no First Person view, and absolutely no apocalyptic wasteland.

The apocalypse is not a very pretty place. and I'm a "Oh, Look! Shiny! Look at the pretty colors!" type of gamer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind an open world like Oblivion, (in fact it would be awesome) but no confusing menu system, no First Person view, and absolutely no apocalyptic wasteland.

The apocalypse is not a very pretty place. and I'm a "Oh, Look! Shiny! Look at the pretty colors!" type of gamer.
Hell yeah mang.

Besides, post-apocalyptic Zelda = Wind Waker. Zelda can make even the most devastating of circumstances as fruitful and colorful as a cartoon.

But enough about ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA...

I'm hoping to see more about Red Dead Redemption. For all of you know-nots, it's basically GTA in the Wild West, and this is further corroborated by the fact that Rockstar Games is making it.

Here's the website: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/index.html

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Bethesda published that, and in the article that Aztec posted [here], it states that they're aiming to do something MAJOR, not something minor like AMF Bowling World Lanes and that Star Trek game that no one ever heard about.

I have high hopes.
You are aware that Bethseda is a huge company that produces a lot of different things. For example, they started an MMO department recently that is working on possibly Fallout Online. The department that does Elder Scrolls and Fallout may or may not work on this title. We know nothing yet.

Also, I doubt it will be anything from a Nintendo franchise since Bethseda is third-party entirely.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You are aware that Bethseda is a huge company that produces a lot of different things. For example, they started an MMO department recently that is working on possibly Fallout Online. The department that does Elder Scrolls and Fallout may or may not work on this title. We know nothing yet.

Also, I doubt it will be anything from a Nintendo franchise since Bethseda is third-party entirely.
I am very aware of that. Bethesda has published quite a handful of games from various developers, both in and out of house. But alas, we know nothing yet except the fact that they consider this a "major Wii title", which in the words of Bethesda, may very well mean that it might have a connection to the "big bad RPG department" that develops/produces Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The apocalypse is not a very pretty place.
Yup. Yet it was one of the main themes of Majora's Mask, the greatest game of all time.

I really hope Nintendo does something different with the new Zelda. We've all heard it before, but TP was too much like OOT. Majora's Mask was godly, Wind Waker was amazing (even though it was kind of short, the sailing was tedious and the trifore piece collecting was horrible), but Twilight Princess was just...meh.

But to be honest, I'm more hyped about the KojiPro countdown than anything. MGS5 WHOOOO GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN!

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Now why the h### did I leave?
Almost everyone else here is in an argument. 7-7

@DarkSlash: Are arguments here allowed?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would be nice if:

- MGS4 for 360
- New Zelda for Wii
- Pikmin 3 news

It would be nice. Of course, Nintendo will likely take half of their time talking about how much money they have, and the other half of their time catering towards the casual gamer, so I'm not expecting much.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
With MGS4 for 360, I am thinking that the countdown will not be related to that directly. Kojima was pretty adamate about keeping MGS4 on PS3, but did say he'd allow an outside company to port it. I think if Microsoft makes any major announcements it'll be that they found someone to port it. So, I am really wondering if the countdown will be MGS5, which would be for both PS3 and 360, logically, or some new IP. Time will tell.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
With MGS4 for 360, I am thinking that the countdown will not be related to that directly. Kojima was pretty adamate about keeping MGS4 on PS3, but did say he'd allow an outside company to port it. I think if Microsoft makes any major announcements it'll be that they found someone to port it. So, I am really wondering if the countdown will be MGS5, which would be for both PS3 and 360, logically, or some new IP. Time will tell.
I agree, except for the new IP part. I think it's probably a Metal Gear.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It is so overtly hinting that it is MGS5, that it makes me wonder if that isn't to throw us all off.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I think he is just not getting his hopes up. Nintendo is, largely, a shell of what it used to be. Even if Zelda was announced, I can see it being dumbed down for mass market appeal. Time and time again Nintendo has catered to the "core gamers," only to have very little return in sales, so why not take their franchises and make THEM mass market items too?
Well, I too doubt that they would announce a new Zelda but I'm positive that they are going for some big thingies:
-Pikmin 3/Pikmin Wii was confirmed at E3 2008 and we haven't had a word since then so they will propably have even a trailer now.
-People have been expecting G/S remakes so since they have been announced and like said before they are likely to mention those as well.

While I'd be satisfied with the above I'd really appreciate any new 1st party games but anyway... did you say something about a new Wii? Is that the new gen console a.k.a Wii2 that has been rumored to be on its way? Or is it something like DS > DS Lite >> DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom