• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK went down again...

TP

Smash Master
At least you guys fall at a consistent rate. In 6 months you'll be ****** low tier tourneys.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow lol I didn't expect DK to fall four spots. This tier list fails. Everyone I play fell and Ganon>>>>CF.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
We're lower than Pit. PIT!!! :mad:

*sigh* I was thinking of giving my other characters a bit of a run this weekend at Tourney-Play in Seattle, but I'm going as much DK as I can now. This **** has me fired up! Lol at those who won't know what hit them.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK is better than toon link and pit. this is dumb. I expected him to drop 1 maybe 2 spots but 4 again is just ridonkulous

crifer

Smash Lord
That´s not fair. But yeah someone has to be up there.
I mean DK lacks some things. I mean for example,
we don´t have a projectile and are fat. Toon Link can spam like there´s no tommorrow and even the biggest scrub can deal damage by a spaming and punishing for evading the projectiles. We don´t have something like this.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Pit's spam meta-game has improved ever since the Japanese showed them how devastatingly devastating arrow spam actually is.

It's really devastating.

daisho

Smash Lord
This is BS... Both my main (DK) and my second aka only for DEDEDE (Zelda) went down four spots.

DK should definitely have moved up, he is so much better than many of the characters above him...

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
DK falls down 4 spots and here I am cheesed off that TL only moved up one spot lol.

But seriously DK shouldn't be falling by that much...

Luigi player

Smash Master
No. No he's not. People are being delusional.
Well, his matchups against them aren't bad though.

Imo are Dedede (with infinite) and maybe Falco the only ones that really give DK a very hard fight... and Falcos cg is avoidable.

Let's see it positive though... he can only raise now on the next list.... right? :ohwell:

I'm sure he'd rise if D3s infinite would be banned in the standart ruleset... I read maybe it is banned on Genesis, maybe some more places will ban it and finally notice that it is just bull****.

And then, DK will rise.........

*wakes up*

Oh, dreaming again :(

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Well, his matchups against them aren't bad though.

Imo are Dedede (with infinite) and maybe Falco the only ones that really give DK a very hard fight... and Falcos cg is avoidable.

Let's see it positive though... he can only raise now on the next list.... right? :ohwell:

I'm sure he'd rise if D3s infinite would be banned in the standart ruleset... I read maybe it is banned on Genesis, maybe some more places will ban it and finally notice that it is just bull****.

And then, DK will rise.........

*wakes up*

Oh, dreaming again :(
Yeah, D3's infinite screws us up because you can learn it in like 5 minutes lol. Rep DK as much as possible because this is bs.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I dont know why he dropped so much, but tbh i dont care. I honestly dont see why people get so mad when there character drops or goes higher.

It does not mean the character got worse all of a sudden, its just up to the user.

Also LOL @ Sonic going up like a million spots.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
one part of my mind says quit dk, the other says no don't, i am not going quit him... i don't blieve in tiers.. i don't believe in tires... I DON'T BELIEVE IN TIERS!!!!!!!!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
one part of my mind says quit dk, the other says no don't, i am not going quit him... i don't blieve in tiers.. i don't believe in tires... I DON'T BELIEVE IN TIERS!!!!!!!!!
Why would you want to quit him just because he dropped on the tier list? Wtf, look at what Jmex wrote.

Even if this would be DKs right spot on the list he's still high enough.

ook

Smash Lord
I honestly dont see why people get so mad when there character drops or goes higher.
I think it's mostly because it feels like they're being ignored.
People always say stuff like "represent your character and go win tourneys to SHOW that they should be higher."

edit: lol, just in this thread already:
That's the spirit. Rep DK as much as you can.
Just keep on finding new things and perform well in tournaments.

While everyone here HAS been representing DK (you, me, cyphus, cbk, bigfoot, kalm, ragnarok, ripple, and all the other kickass DK mains have been going to tourneys and getting top 8/top 3 pretty consistently). As well as developing the metagame and finding stuff like the up-b invicibility/SA glitches (which really helps DK's game on yoshi's island). That all happened since the last tier list came out.

And then, after all those improvements, for him to go DOWN (4 spots) it's like none of that ever happened. Or didn't mean anything.

Even though it's just a list and doesn't change anything, it's still like... an insult :p and a slap in the face to DK players everywhere

Hi there people :) I have a Z button.
You've had a Z button since the very beginning of the game. That doesn't explain why he's STILL going down, lol.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I don't think this tier list stuff really matters... And if anything, I think it's a representation of tournament results I guess. I could understand why it matters to some people though. Just keep on finding new things and perform well in tournaments.

daisho

Smash Lord
He went down for others to go up. DDD went down so Diddy and Wario could go up.
Why would others be surpassing him now if DK has only improved since the last tier list? You can say that others improved more but thats just not true...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
OOK! me, you, doubles, **** AND PILLAGE! raise on tier list

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
This is infuriating!@!@@!!@ It's all that Infinite's fault. D<

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
being good against snake and meta should be enough in itself to make him higher than he is now...

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I don't use Donkey Kong all that much, but I have to say I agree that Donkey Kong shouldn't have gone down that much; he was fine where he was in the first tier list IMO. He has decent matchups against most of the high tiers except King Dedede basically. If only there was some way to get around that bloody infinite (and don't say 'don't get grabbed', because with Dedede's grab range, it's practically inevitable).

DK_047

Smash Cadet
DK has long range attacks, many KO moves, and high priority. Hes also not as slow as some people think. I have no idea why he would just drop so much

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
DK has long range attacks, many KO moves, and high priority. Hes also not as slow as some people think. I have no idea why he would just drop so much
It's mainly because:

1.) Characters are developing/increasing their metagame faster than Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong hasn't changed, only other characters near his tier.
2.) Donkey Kong hasn't had as good tournament results. Not as many higher placings as other characters have.

Those are the main reasons a character drops in tier in the first place.
Donkey Kong hasn't gotten "worse" or anything, he's still a great character in brawl.

daisho

Smash Lord
But Donkey Kong HAS been improving and his metagame HAS been advancing... with the techs that came out since the last update i wouldn't be surprised if DK was one of the most improved characters.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen any tourney vids of people using the new Up B techs in a way where it revolutionizes his game. I haven't even seen a tournament match where people have used them at all. Sure, they exist, but I just haven't seen them used (hopefully someone will link a few vids for me).

Also, I haven't seen one major tournament where a DK has placed even moderately high. The best I usually see is in the 20-30 range, which isn't good enough to constitute a bump in placings for me. Personally, I believe DK deserves to go down, but if you don't think the same, try to see it as a compliment to how well you play your main when you keep pwning the way you say you do.

Top Bottom