• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK went down again...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
marth is def better than DK, and marth is underrated. He's just a skill-based character who can't abuse anything. Unlike DK, however, he his more flexible in the air, less punishable, and can 'settup' gimps, rather than punish 'mistakes'.

marths hardest matchup is probably DDD. He can actually handle MK pretty well if played correctly. If done correctly, marth can even grab-release spike MK before he can airdodge. F.air-d.tilt-forwardB pressure..omg. plus UpB gets him out of any sticky situation. he can keep people in the air forever w/ upair mixups and charged-Upsmash for airdodge punishment. Plus f.throw can combo into n.air-f.smash( and other variations), most marths just haven't learned the timing for all of his low damage combos.

High Tiers, by definition should have ADVANTAGES on mid tiers, like marth does. If DK was high tier...he's not a very good one, because he seems to go mostly even with midtiers, and slightly lose to most high tiers. Thats the definition of mid tier material...dunno if ya'll got that memo though. =]

EDIT: if anyone thinks Falco vs DK is even close to fair...you're not necessarily overrating DK: You're probably underrating Falco. Falco is ******** gay if played right and should **** DK. No johns.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol the only reason DK went down is because... Bum isn't playing brawl anymore XD! You guys just need to get Bum to play brawl **** everyone in tourneys and you just got yourself a top tier monkey on the tier list XD

Dead srs about my post though =D

daisho

Smash Lord
LOL, when I saw your name in this thread I KNEW it would be about Bum.

But yeah, if there was somebody who was winning tournaments consistently (even though not regional tournaments, he didn't go to those) it would definitely help our case. Too bad Bum doesn't like brawl.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol cyphus that's pretty harsh. Lighten up a little more (or less lol if you know what I mean).

crifer

Smash Lord
marth is def better than DK, and marth is underrated. He's just a skill-based character who can't abuse anything. Unlike DK, however, he his more flexible in the air, less punishable, and can 'settup' gimps, rather than punish 'mistakes'.

marths hardest matchup is probably DDD. He can actually handle MK pretty well if played correctly. If done correctly, marth can even grab-release spike MK before he can airdodge. F.air-d.tilt-forwardB pressure..omg. plus UpB gets him out of any sticky situation. he can keep people in the air forever w/ upair mixups and charged-Upsmash for airdodge punishment. Plus f.throw can combo into n.air-f.smash( and other variations), most marths just haven't learned the timing for all of his low damage combos.

High Tiers, by definition should have ADVANTAGES on mid tiers, like marth does. If DK was high tier...he's not a very good one, because he seems to go mostly even with midtiers, and slightly lose to most high tiers. Thats the definition of mid tier material...dunno if ya'll got that memo though. =]

EDIT: if anyone thinks Falco vs DK is even close to fair...you're not necessarily overrating DK: You're probably underrating Falco. Falco is ******** gay if played right and should **** DK. No johns.
You´re right: Marth is better than DK. Simply bc he is not a cg victim, upB rules!
I think he can´t handle MK, there are so many great Marth mains that realized that they don´t stand a chance against a mk that knows what he´s doing. watch the marth boards.

About the high tier thing I agree with you.
Yeah I though "omg falco is overrated."
Then I played a Falco that knew what he does and laser and sideB camped.
But once we are inside, we **** falco.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
About the high tier thing I agree with you.
Yeah I though "omg falco is overrated."
Then I played a Falco that knew what he does and laser and sideB camped.
But once we are inside, we **** falco.
Anyone else notice the double entendre in that last line? :rolleyes: Anyway...

I guess I can add DK to the "underestimated list" with almost everyone else I use. Ugh.

Dunno what I want happening with Dedede's infinite...'cause I also use him. And I don't really have to worry about Falco when I don't need to use DK. Kirby's 60-40 vs Falco.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
DK is so frustrating to main sometimes.

I've trained myself to almost always ban FD. I never bother against DDD, and I've decided to just give up against MK. MK nado spam makes me want to Giant Punch the guy playing me.

I think people are learning more about DK's weaknesses and that is just playing to big a part in what is making him fall. DK + in the air falling + opponent on the ground waiting = where are my options. People are figuring out how to exploit DK's problems that are across the bored, and of course he has matchup issues already.

Or maybe I've just started sucking. I'll have vids up soon.

TKD

Smash Lord
Kirby's 60-40 vs Falco.
LOL what!? Kirby doesn't beat any top tier character. Kirby's overrated. He'll always be one of those characters in the middle.

I think he can´t handle MK, there are so many great Marth mains that realized that they don´t stand a chance against a mk that knows what he´s doing. watch the marth boards.
Marth's only bad match-up is King Dedede. I think the reason most of the boards are crazy about MK being too good, is because it's IMO the hardest match-up in the game to learn.

I've always thought DK's bad mostly because of the chaingrabs against him. There's Wario, IC, DDD, and even though it doesn't kill, Falco's too. With SEVERAL unwinnable match-ups, how could DK rise in the tier list? Meta Knight doesn't even chaingrab him, and that's also a considerably bad match-up. I voted him pretty low, which is probably accurate.

EDIT: I don't actually know much about DK's match-ups firsthand, that paragraph only describes what I expect from the character.

crifer

Smash Lord
LOL what!? Kirby doesn't beat any top tier character. Kirby's overrated. He'll always be one of those characters in the middle.

Marth's only bad match-up is King Dedede. I think the reason most of the boards are crazy about MK being too good, is because it's IMO the hardest match-up in the game to learn.

I've always thought DK's bad mostly because of the chaingrabs against him. There's Wario, IC, DDD, and even though it doesn't kill, Falco's too. With SEVERAL unwinnable match-ups, how could DK rise in the tier list? Meta Knight doesn't even chaingrab him, and that's also a considerably bad match-up. I voted him pretty low, which is probably accurate.

EDIT: I don't actually know much about DK's match-ups firsthand, that paragraph only describes what I expect from the character.
Ic´s is not that bad. We have thr range and the right moveset to keep them at a good distance.
The thing is: If I play against someone who lets say plays Falco,
I have to think about:
Should I cp him with lets say kirby, but knowing that my kirby is not at the level of my DK
Or should I stay DK because DK is my best character and don´t care about 60:40 or 55:45...

The only matches I cp is D3. If I play a campy Falco I cp MAYBE Fox.

i1337

Smash Ace
MK vs DK is not "considerably bad" its basically 55 45.
:bigthumbu

not if the MK planks, intelligently tornados, or gets a gimp, ehh?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░ ░░░█████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░██░░ ░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ ░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████░░░░██░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░█▓▓░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░█▓░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░█░░░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░██░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Top Bottom