• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I just beat the game on normal.
wtf the ending? No explanation on Adria, nothing about Leah? It was a very strange ending ._. and sad too, I never thought Leah would loldie.

edit: "Diablo III will end the storyline that began in the original game. However, it has been confirmed that it will not be the last game of the series and new storylines will develop. Chris Metzen, vice president of Blizzard's lore department, knows where the story will go after the game." wut. diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_III
Adria will probably be in DLC or the sequel. And I think Tyrael explained what happened to Leah.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm pretty ballin. Also have dropped no legendaries probably for the game fearing I'll ball out of control.

Dphat can confirm

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Adria will probably be in DLC or the sequel. And I think Tyrael explained what happened to Leah.
My thoughts exactly

Monk on Normal has finished.

Onwards to Nightmare!

Also, this build is pretty awesome so far;

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/monk/20288

This is just what I have so far. I'll probably make some changes to it as I get more Runes. But the idea is to Cyclone, Cripping Wave, keep the Sweeping Wind up as long as possible, Heal buff/burn when needed, Serenity when needed.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Lol Jordan, me and iggy farmed the **** out of act 3 hell today, I've made roughly 2 million today from there. Also anyone in inferno that would like to Party sometime, just hit me up. I'm a wiz with currently 19-20k dps, looking for a good tank to clear inferno with me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yes they are common. They are so common i gave a stack of 20 to my friend

edit- Context: Pages of Blacksmithing

Jem.

Smash Master
Itakio, myself, and another guy just farmed Act 1 Inferno so easily. Witch Doctor, Wizard, Demon Hunter. it didn't even matter what the affixes were, we just AoE'd and CC'd everything so hard and always kited backwards that we could use our invincibility moves if we got jailed or vortexed. Didn't wipe on anything and didn't skip anything, haha. Wasn't my first clear of Act 1 Inferno, but the most impressive for sure. Don't need a tank when they can't get to you!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My thoughts exactly

Monk on Normal has finished.

Onwards to Nightmare!

Also, this build is pretty awesome so far;

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/monk/20288

This is just what I have so far. I'll probably make some changes to it as I get more Runes. But the idea is to Cyclone, Cripping Wave, keep the Sweeping Wind up as long as possible, Heal buff/burn when needed, Serenity when needed.
Interesting. I haven't even used mantra of retribution because I have a tendency to think Thorns suck after playing D2/WoW. And how's that Serenity rune working for you?

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/monk/20493 this is what I generally use when I'm playing with my DH friend. Occasionally change out mantra of healing for mantra of conviction. Inner Sanctuary is so badass in crowded places like hallways/doors/stairs. I just put it down and they can't get through, then the DH just mows them all down.

I feel like Wave of Light is the crappiest Monk skill. Costs so much spirit for so little effect, at least for the base spell. The runed versions seem ok, but meh.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Mantra of Ret will get me a Rune that does Increased Attack Speed for the party soon. So there's that.

Serenity is basically the Paladin bubble. Except this time, the way I have it specced, it bites back. It will get out of being frozen, fear, anything movement impairing. It's a great OH **** button.

Jem.

Smash Master
I dont like how Method did it, if the rumors are true that all their fans and everyone just fed them gold. Plus they both skipped like all of Act 3 and Act 4 IIRC. I dont have a problem skipping some hard affixes, but most of them and just using gold fans send is awks :/

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Interesting. I haven't even used mantra of retribution because I have a tendency to think Thorns suck after playing D2/WoW. And how's that Serenity rune working for you?

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/monk/20493 this is what I generally use when I'm playing with my DH friend. Occasionally change out mantra of healing for mantra of conviction. Inner Sanctuary is so badass in crowded places like hallways/doors/stairs. I just put it down and they can't get through, then the DH just mows them all down.

I feel like Wave of Light is the crappiest Monk skill. Costs so much spirit for so little effect, at least for the base spell. The runed versions seem ok, but meh.
I think sweeping wind is simply necessary on the monk. It does so much dmg, has huge stacks when you crit, and lasts the whole fight. Probably my favorite monk ability.
I use the mantra the adds dodge/armor almost all the time. That plus the blinding move, it's pretty damn hard to tank dmg. And like you said, serenity just becomes a great oh **** button.

Have you guys used the ally at all on the monk? I think that's way worse than wave of light...there is absolutely no incentive to use it, at least with the tunes I have so far...but I'm only 35ish

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Days off coming up. Should I make a Wizard or a Demon Hunter? :3

Allow me to Elaborate:

I play Monk with friends.
I duo either Wizard or Demon Hunter with my gf as a Witch Doctor

I want a third class to solo, being a Wiz/DH, WD, or Barb. I don't really want to do Barb yet, and I could do WD, but iunno.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think sweeping wind is simply necessary on the monk. It does so much dmg, has huge stacks when you crit, and lasts the whole fight. Probably my favorite monk ability.
I use the mantra the adds dodge/armor almost all the time. That plus the blinding move, it's pretty damn hard to tank dmg. And like you said, serenity just becomes a great oh **** button.

Have you guys used the ally at all on the monk? I think that's way worse than wave of light...there is absolutely no incentive to use it, at least with the tunes I have so far...but I'm only 35ish

The ally is really useful in hell to tank things >_> lol. That's the only experience I've had with it though.

I just beat Hell. Time for inferno :p.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always have a hard time naming characters. I usually name them after a character attribute I give them or a word symbolizing what they do rather than a name.

My barbarian I wanted to him to be nameless and his name being an insult he received his entire life he picked up as a moniker.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I watched all the videos/spoilers. It does look like a fun game, but I'm happy with my decision. :)

The person who solo'd inferno mentioned dying 100 times to defeat Diablo. While conquering inferno is indeed impressive, I'm waiting for someone to conquer it in hardcore. With enough time/grinding, just about anyone can "beat" inferno. =/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is there censored names in a rated M game?

I wanted to name my Barbarian "*******"

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't think its possible to make it to inferno in hardcore, at least not without going extremely slow and spending a lot of money getting ahead on gear.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
As far as I know the furthest anyone has gotten is act 2 inferno on Hardcore. The game is pretty easy up till Inferno though, and there's a bit of a gear check going into act 1 but that's not too bad with halfway decent gear.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WTF, Corona is a censored word?

Is it because of the beer?

Edit: Corona means Halo

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I got a trial run for it, but I can't play it on my Mac cause I don't have OSX Lion :(. My XP partition's wifi is messed up too...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Decided to try Wizard after seeing their high level abilities.

I like the ice Kamehameha you get near the beginning

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Beat the skel king in inferno with the help of Kal.

Inferno's so tough :/. Probably gonna just try to farm act 3 hell for awhile.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't think its possible to make it to inferno in hardcore, at least not without going extremely slow and spending a lot of money getting ahead on gear.
There's an achievement for killing Diablo on Inferno with a hardcore character. Must be doable. Doesn't mean easy, or fun.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Beat the skel king in inferno with the help of Kal.

Inferno's so tough :/. Probably gonna just try to farm act 3 hell for awhile.
I've been told to do the first boss of Act 4 over and over. Public games are agreeing with this since everyone does the boss then leaves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys level fast. Or maybe I just level really slowly...

Bleh, I just got to act 2 in normal.

Maybe it's because I've been leveling multiple classes at the same time

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This game is sort of playable for me if I'm not in a skype call, which is lame :(

So I am around level 42 and my DPS is like 865, which I feel is a little low.
=/
Aren't you the monk that started after me? already outleveling me D:

i'm taking this game super slow though, since i'm pretty much exclusively playing with a friend and laptop johns. I could level my witch doctor up in my free time, but I'm already bored of her :/ i'm like level 12, and Toads are her best attack but they seem so random.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been told to do the first boss of Act 4 over and over. Public games are agreeing with this since everyone does the boss then leaves.
I usually run act 3 boss and then immediately after I run that boss.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
This game is sort of playable for me if I'm not in a skype call, which is lame :(

Aren't you the monk that started after me? already outleveling me D:

i'm taking this game super slow though, since i'm pretty much exclusively playing with a friend and laptop johns. I could level my witch doctor up in my free time, but I'm already bored of her :/ i'm like level 12, and Toads are her best attack but they seem so random.
Yeah, I'm at around 1.1k DPS and level 44 now.
Act 3 Nightmare.
Also, did you guys know that you can skip acts? I joined Sveet's game yesterday that was in Act 3 yet I was only in act 2.

shanus

Smash Hero
Currently 1.5K DPS and around 14K hp Monk currently at lvl 45. Just beginning A3 nightmare

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, I'm at around 1.1k DPS and level 44 now.
Act 3 Nightmare.
Also, did you guys know that you can skip acts? I joined Sveet's game yesterday that was in Act 3 yet I was only in act 2.
Yeah, as long as you have that difficulty unlocked, you can get to any act.

Also, I just hit Nightmare as well. I'm a level 33 Monk just before the Skeleton King.

What did you guys do about the excess of rare items that didn't get sold on the AH? I finished normal with so many rare items that I couldn't play until I salvaged all the ones that weren't worth wearing or selling.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I vend anything I don't think will sell on the AH. When items vend for really cheap (Usually 100 or less gold) I would salvage it if I felt like it. Current AH prices for blacksmith materials aren't worth salvaging, anything for end game would come from Inferno mats, and I have a decent enough collection for crafting gear on new characters.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So is anything I pick up in a nightmare run even worth selling? It honestly feels like if I try and sell anything, I'll just dump it in the AH for it to never sell unless I make buyout extremely low.

Jem.

Smash Master
Dmbrandon, Itakio, myself, and a tank wizard beat Belial on Inferno ^_^ No way can we/I actually do all of Act 2 though. Wizards OP. Mine and dm's gear broke on the third phase of Belial, and Itakio (wizard) and the tank wizard duo'd Inferno Belial for about 35% of his total HP lol.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I just reached Inferno on my Wizard. No idea what to do now. Act 4 first boss hasn't given me anything so I'm just collecting secret level ingredients with gold find.

Top Bottom