• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Jem.

Smash Master
Soul Harvest gives me like 3-4k more damage i think when at 5 stacks. I havent actually played today so I cant give an exact, but I've still logged 52 hours into the game without playing today LOL. Making a thread on the D3 trade forums because its poppin there with posts, and I dont want to undercut myself and want to maximize my profit. Just relaxing a bit for today lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the hell is the easiest way to find a list of skills (NAMELY runes actually) by level? I can't find anywhere on the internet that lists everything you learn at any given level in any sort of neat fashion :|

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the official blizzard site might help ;p

they have a skill calculator http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/
yeah the skill calculator made it super awkward to see what level you unlocked runes :x

Pick the class, then the last tab called Progression shows everything they get per level.
THAT'S it. Thanks :D

So I just finished act 3, level 31. I feel like I'm overleveled and my gear is really good, because I had a tough time at the end of act 2 but everything in act 3 was just faceroll.
act 3:
last boss was so freaking easy compared to act 2. it could be my gear level, but it was just so straightforward.
Also the ending, wtf I did not expect. Why are they killing/making the best characters traitors?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I was massively underleveled for King Leoric.

It was a long and repetitive fight of me running around while my side kick and zombie dogs destroyed his minions, and I attacked the king while he was defenseless.

I tried it more...traditionally at the beginning and he killed my zombie dogs and sidekick in a few strikes, leaving me to try and recover.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Whats so good about elective mode? Ive had it enabled the whole time but the only time it really came into play was when i accidentally dragged one of my skills off the bar while i was kiting and had to respec after the battle.

Jem.

Smash Master
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It lets you actually choose everything you want?

without elective mode you can only have 1 defensive move on at a time, etc. so if you liked two, that was tough luck. elective mode lets you use any combination of moves from any category.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It lets you actually choose everything you want?

without elective mode you can only have 1 defensive move on at a time, etc. so if you liked two, that was tough luck. elective mode lets you use any combination of moves from any category.
oh i understand. I have been abusing it then haha

Leacero

Smash Lord
yeah the skill calculator made it super awkward to see what level you unlocked runes :x

THAT'S it. Thanks :D

So I just finished act 3, level 31. I feel like I'm overleveled and my gear is really good, because I had a tough time at the end of act 2 but everything in act 3 was just faceroll.
act 3:
last boss was so freaking easy compared to act 2. it could be my gear level, but it was just so straightforward.
Also the ending, wtf I did not expect. Why are they killing/making the best characters traitors?
Don't you know that's the way Blizzard stories go?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've got a level 56 barb, currently in act 3 Hell. Man, it's sooo much harder than nm. Fighting Arcane/Desecrater/plauge fast enemys is x.x. Can't stay close or you die, can't run or they catch you and you die lmao.

Also have a level 30 WD and an almost 20 DH.

Jem.

Smash Master
Just died to Jailer Desecrator Teleporer Mortar pack at the end of Act 1 Inferno. *Ponders whether its worth trying to fight them* hahah. Might skip them. Especially cause if youre gone for about 7 seconds, they regen to full HP. Sooo mad! I think solo inferno is easier than group inferno, just because you never know who youre gonna get grouped with unless its friends, and if youre all undergeared its going to make it harder.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah I'm level 31 at the very beginning of act 4. I haven't started it yet, got the impression it would be a short act, though I could be wrong. It's funny, my friend and I haven't really done any grinding, we're just taking our time and getting all these levels by playing through normally. It's a bit different from diablo 2 where you need to grind like hell at some parts in order to stand a chance. Like, fighting diablo in d2 was super hard if you haven't gained a couple extra levels. Also, I feel like you level up way faster (like from the teens to thirties) in D3 than in D2, despite the fact that D3 only has 60 levels total compared to 99.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The game is a lot longer than D2 imo just going through it normally.

Sharky

Smash Master
does nobody like firebats? The direbats damage is insane, but I feel like I haven't seen anybody run it, perhaps in favor of more sustain? or is it the high mana cost?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can companions unlearn skills? Because I'm not sure what to put just yet

Edit: I currently don't use firebats. Mostly because I just learned of this "Elective Mode"

D

Deleted member

You can retrain them, Psycho. Right click on their icon in the upper-left corner and select "Retrain".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Throwing spiders is definitely my favorite attack of the game, at this moment.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I'm in act 4 with my friend, I open a weapon rack and I'm like "wtf this item is... brown?"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fleshrake

Got this! Conveniently, my first legendary item was a fist weapon for my monk! Equipped it, seemed to do more damage than my current weapon, went back to town to salvage some stuff, then about 2 minutes later we both get disconnected and now my item seems to be gone forever.

:c

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So if my favorite build in D2 was poison nova necromancer, what should I go for in D3? I assume witch doctor, but what are his closest abilities to poison nova?

What's The Point

Smash Master
**** Hell. I'm only in Act 2 and any time there is an enemy with any modifiers that means it's time to skip them or die and respawn till they're dead.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Nobody cares I lost my super sweet legendary :(

Just tried to get farther in act 4, but I'm getting unusually godawful horrible terrible the worst lag ever. It may be in part from the fact that it's REALLY ****ING HOT HERE and it's making my laptop overheat. I keep dying to crap because I can't even move in the lag, it's so frustating that I want a new computer but I can't get it anytime soon due to moving >_<

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't miss my legendary item terribly, and it doesn't seem like I will ever get it back, but I find it extremely disappointing that at any given moment I can find a really good item and then just ~HAPPEN~ to get disconnected 2 minutes later, and lose it forever. Online only ftw :p

seriously though what kind of coincidental bull**** is that? It's like the second time since I started that I've DCed, and it was RIGHT after I FINALLY found a legendary >=(

have you guys found any?

Player-3

Smash Hero
does nobody like firebats? The direbats damage is insane, but I feel like I haven't seen anybody run it, perhaps in favor of more sustain? or is it the high mana cost?
its good if you have a group that can peel but normally i like to run survivability over bats, direbats is my fav damage tho

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't miss my legendary item terribly, and it doesn't seem like I will ever get it back, but I find it extremely disappointing that at any given moment I can find a really good item and then just ~HAPPEN~ to get disconnected 2 minutes later, and lose it forever. Online only ftw :p

seriously though what kind of coincidental bull**** is that? It's like the second time since I started that I've DCed, and it was RIGHT after I FINALLY found a legendary >=(

have you guys found any?
Why don't you open a ticket?

Smooth Criminal

Arcansi

Smash Champion
its good if you have a group that can peel but normally i like to run survivability over bats, direbats is my fav damage tho
Why would you need peeling? I'm running Splinter Darts, 80% slow Grasping Dead, Spirit Walk, Haunt (+HP), Direbats, and Gargantuan.

I mean, even without templar Garg would just take aggro and you can go get 5 Stacks of haunt and shoot direbats at any and all enemies, until eventually being forced to use splinters due to lack of mana.

If anything starts to get near you, grasp them and kill//kite in a circle.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Idk I looked around the forums, I read (unofficially) that they can restore characters to previous states but it's risky as it may be far back, and it doesn't look like they can restore items. I don't care that much, I'm just saying that
my luck is the worst
it would be REALLY bad if it happened later in the game, after you kill some inferno boss and get something amazing or whatever.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I've found at least 3, maybe more. But I'm running an almost full magic find set (+54-56, I forget. All but Weapon//Offhand is MF)

Although tbh, most of them sucked. I have this one monk fist (rabid somethingorother? I forget, just starts with RA) that's level 14 (or 16, I forget) and has +15% damage, among other things. I think it's worth at least 25k, but the AH has no idea.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
^ and that is why I regret losing my find. I saw it selling for at least 30k on the AH, and I was like wtf.

So I just beat the game on normal.
wtf the ending? No explanation on Adria, nothing about Leah? It was a very strange ending ._. and sad too, I never thought Leah would loldie.

edit: "Diablo III will end the storyline that began in the original game. However, it has been confirmed that it will not be the last game of the series and new storylines will develop. Chris Metzen, vice president of Blizzard's lore department, knows where the story will go after the game." wut. diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghu8RzsWvs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5EhW_ac5g&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGowVF4x6H8

i just watched these videos and I'd say they do a great job of explaining the diablo lore (up to the point of D3) so I'd recommend them if you're interested.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just beat act IV hell. Currently level 58 probably going to run ActIII boss and the first Act4miniboss to level. Anyone have better leveling suggestions?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh no pages of blacksmithing are used for crafting in addition to the training D:
please tell me they get more common after the beginning of act 1 nightmare.

level 35 and just beat NM leoric :3

Top Bottom