• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

What's The Point

Smash Master
So the only limit to skipping ahead is the level requirement on changing difficulties? Along with being unable to start games on quests that you've skipped.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just got the recipe for the Secret Pony Level in Diablo 3. Does it even have drops or anything to it, Hylian? Or is its only purpose to laugh at?

If you think that's a joke, it's really not. Pretty sure there is a youtube video of it.
I didn't know there was a secret pony level, would have been nice if you put spoiler tags on stuff like that >_>.

Sharky

Smash Master
so I was browsing about and saw someone on reddit bring up the idea of a group of people pooling together for one maxed out blacksmith/jeweler/whatever. Perhaps we could do something like that here?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No legendary items yet.

And yeah, just look at the bottom left of your inventory to see if something does more damage. The damage of the weapon doesn't calculate the modifiers on the bottom of it. Things like +2-4 dmg on rings and ammys give you huge dps increases as well, test everything out and just look at your dmg to find out what stats give the most on any particular item.
So they're called legendary eh? And yeah, I'm playing with my DH friend and I'm building my monk tanky while he builds for damage, it's working pretty well. Cyclone Strike, or whatever that spell is that makes the Monk pull enemies into him, is so amazing.

Ooooh. My friend gave me the demo of this game. Just beat the first boss. Damnit. Now I have to get it.

Monks ridiculously fun. No need to move, just teleport to everything and punch it~ <3
There's a demo? hmmm

so I was browsing about and saw someone on reddit bring up the idea of a group of people pooling together for one maxed out blacksmith/jeweler/whatever. Perhaps we could do something like that here?
That's kinda what I'm doing, I'm leveling up blacksmith and my friend isn't. When do you even get to the jeweler, and are there any other artisans? I know they scrapped at least one during beta.

Kal

Smash Champion
You get the jeweler about half-way through Act II, and he is the last Artisan.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*Pops in, covers posts to prevent possible spoilers*

I've nicknamed my WD's Gargantuan 'Throngus' :)

*Town Portal's out*

Player-3

Smash Hero
what the **** wizards skills are ridiculous

woops i typo'd a censor dodge in there AND I DONT WANT TO BE INFRACTED AGAIN

What's The Point

Smash Master
Does anyone know if you can rejoin a public game if you DC or leave? I've already tried Google but have found nothing. It seems like a very basic feature they should have but I'm not seeing it.

Anyone at Act 3 Nightmare? GenericName#1485

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Never even heard of 1 or 2, yet the whole world seems to be playing 3.
It's almost like saying you've never heard of Halo, except Halo is for babbies xD!!11

The Monk seems lackluster, I might not have good enough gear though.
How far are you? I sort of feel the same when I'm next to my DH friend: he can just mow down everything, and if he gets caught he can superdash away, and he pretty much never runs out of resources.
At level 20 though you get a passive that gives you +2 spirit regen per second while a mantra is active, and that's extremely nice because 0 spirit regen is the worst... and I no longer need to keep my crappy +1.07 spirit regen monk helm.

So I'm still a little confused how the quest system works.. if I were to choose the Skeleton King quest on my act 2 guy, I would be able to re-choose act 2 quests still right? It said it resets your progress or something, I assume it means your progress on your current quest right?

Otherwise, my only annoyance with the game (besides my crappy laptop) is that it's hard to keep track of what skills you learn when you level up. It slowly tells you one at a time on the top of the screen, and it says "New!" when you look at the skill categories, but it would be hella convenient if there was a simple list ingame that told you your recently learned skills/runes, or just listed them all by level or something, you know? I feel like the skill system is messy, even if it's cool overall.

And some of the spells certainly are cool.

What's The Point

Smash Master
So I'm still a little confused how the quest system works.. if I were to choose the Skeleton King quest on my act 2 guy, I would be able to re-choose act 2 quests still right? It said it resets your progress or something, I assume it means your progress on your current quest right?
The game is linear. If you go back to do a quest the game acts like that is as far as you've progressed. You can't skip ahead when you are in the game. But at any time you can leave that game and change your quests back up to the furthest point you've been.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ok, so I can't like erase my stuff by accident? Good, that would be stupid as hell :p

Seems a little complicated, but I'm sure it's like that for... a reason...

Lovage

Smash Hero
tip of the day:

the auction house is volatile as **** right now and everyone should take advantage of it.

sell all rares you don't need on the AH for 2-5k, then once you have excess money, take advantage of all the people putting up AMAZING items for under 10k. so far i've found two ridiculously under priced rares that have made the game insanely easy for me lol (act 3 nightmare.)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That is to be expected. My friend said he tried to buy something on there and never got it, but it's possible he's a noob. Anyway, I'll take a look at it tonight.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, the Monk is playing awesome now.
I agree, lol. I'm level 25 now and instead of using 1h+shield I'm using double fist weapons that have lifesteal, and I got that passive that heals me whenever I spend spirit so I'm extremely hard to kill :D

also revived my friend for the first time, neat mechanic.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bimXSY!YgT!bccZcY my end game Wizard build (and for a more heavy single target build I change inc to RoF and frost nova to energy armor). Also read somewhere that Arcane Dynamo last the entire duration of channeled spells. Will post back later if it's true. Anyways any advice/fixes would be helpful!
My wizard is only level 30, but I prefer Ice Armor over Magic Weapon. Really useful against burrowing and teleporting guys, or just anything that runs at you really quickly.

Also, got my first legendary item today. Boots with a little dex, but sizable gold and magic drops modifiers, and movespeed too.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
tip of the day:

the auction house is volatile as **** right now and everyone should take advantage of it.

sell all rares you don't need on the AH for 2-5k, then once you have excess money, take advantage of all the people putting up AMAZING items for under 10k. so far i've found two ridiculously under priced rares that have made the game insanely easy for me lol (act 3 nightmare.)
Ya I totally agree with that, $$$$!!!! =D Thanks for the heads up.

Also Wrath of the Berserker with the +100% dmg rune is freaking OP!! I'm critting for 10k and destroying bosses with that. lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
Level 60, beat Hell :). Hell is pretty dang hard though, we did the corpse running on a few areas since we either got really horrible affixes or just everyone in one room from kiting.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just beat act 2 in nm, been pretty easy so far with barb. Had a few deaths but eh some unique packs are crazy lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Most annoying is reflect damage which reflects all my abilities and basically makes the impossible for me to kill. Second worst is Frozen Jailer.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
tip of the day:

Just to clarify some things if you can Lovage,

When you say rare do you mean yellows or blues (or both)? And around what level are you talking about, since I'm only lvl 23ish atm.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'm almost done with act 2 nightmare i havent been playing much last 2-3 days so everyones past me instead of me being past all of them :[

havent died yet on nightmare as solo witch doctor though

came close fighting a triple arcane damage reflect pack that was just dumb

Sharky

Smash Master
I agree, lol. I'm level 25 now and instead of using 1h+shield I'm using double fist weapons that have lifesteal, and I got that passive that heals me whenever I spend spirit so I'm extremely hard to kill :D

also revived my friend for the first time, neat mechanic.
we're both around the same level, and we both have crappy computers. We should play sometime =P

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Me and my friends at work are working on D3. We had a hard time for a bit then found the auction house, and now it's crazy. My Monk has like 1000 Defense at level20 xD.

I like Monk a lot, but I don't care for how "Dragon Kick" (Get the reference) Secondary Skill is the best for like...ever so far :s

Top Bottom