• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Spending lots of gold training this blacksmith IS worth it, right? Even though I don't have gold to craft his crap after training, and it looks crappy at the moment?

Also, when I made my second char I realized that gold/stash/blacksmith are account-wide? O_o

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I didn't know blacksmithing was cross character, but i definitely think its worth it. If you could see the amazing stuff i've rolled already...

Lovage

Smash Hero
demon hunter is really good at kiting (with or without caltraps) so i'm expecting nightmare+ to be really hard but every pack can be probably be beaten by kiting them around the entire zone

@previous DH posts

rapid fire sux imo, only hits 1 person at a time for meh damage, lv. 28 impale rune which goes thru targets is the best secondary skill she has so far. no need in using slow *** chakra when impale does more damage and is hella fast.

impale + hatred prep = huggggge single target damage

spike traps own. i got the type that detonates when you kill but now i'm sticking with the earlier version. set a line of them on/behind you every time you fight a hard champion or unique.

multishot is good as well, basically just an easier to use + faster version of spike traps, both skills designed at big AOE vs. low health mobs.

elemental arrow is EH, the lightning version is pretty cool but i'd rather be impaling/trapping as my hatred spender.

i want to stop using hatred prep so i can free up other spells but it's just too insane for single target damage and huge aoe fests that i gotta keep it.

companion/sentry suck ****

Kal

Smash Champion
What makes you say the damage is low? 228% weapon damage is pretty high.

Lovage

Smash Hero
What makes you say the damage is low? 228% weapon damage is pretty high.
its lower than impale AND it only hits 1 target at a time and has big startup time (that also costs 20 hatred, so if you try to start it up right before a boss thows a telegraphed attack congrats u just used used 20 hatred for 0 damage)

btw: i'm making pretty sick money on the AH. last 2 rares sold for 3.5k and 2.5k, most blue sellling for 1-2k.

AH tip: if you find blue rings/amulets with just ONE primary stat (dex, str, int) put it up for like 2k or higher, lots of people roll around into their 20's without even having rings so they will def buy one that has like 30 str on it straight-up.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm like level 11-12 now, I feel like my demon hunter friend is doing way more damage than both my monk and my witch doctor :(

That monk spell, wave of light or whatever it's called, that drops down this big statue on them that shoots a laser beam... it costs literally half my spirit and does crap for damage, and spirit takes sooo long to regain what the heck >=(

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Holy ****. People are chewing through this game so quickly.

Hopefully I can get internet at my apartment tomorrow so I can download this shiz and play with some of you.

(ODIN, I can't remember my battletag, or otherwise I would've given it to you already. :c)

Smooth Criminal

Player-3

Smash Hero
just so you are aware

i sold a mediocre ring that was maybe slightly better stats-wise than those boots for 30k

Kal

Smash Champion
its lower than impale AND it only hits 1 target at a time and has big startup time (that also costs 20 hatred, so if you try to start it up right before a boss thows a telegraphed attack congrats u just used used 20 hatred for 0 damage)
Yes, but it's rapid fire, so it may end up doing more damage per second anyway. I haven't tested it, though, so maybe Impale is just a better all-around skill. Impale does cost 25 Hatred per shot, however. Startup time has never really been a problem for me, and withering fire takes care of the 20 Hatred being "wasted" issue, so that it only costs 5 Hatred to start. It hasn't really come up as a serious issue for me in any boss fights anyway (especially when combined with Preparation with the Punishment rune).

I'll test out Impale and see how it goes. I have noticed that kiting enemies while doing decent damage is much easier with Impale than with Rapid Fire.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was going to buy this today, but I want to wait until I can get it cheaper. I will get it tomorrow, but probably won't be on until the day after.

Even then, with work I probably won't be playing it seriously until Sunday

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok holy crap, I just tried Impale and, for some reason, the damage is way higher.

Jem.

Smash Master
Just woke up from a 6-7 hour slumber. Had to finally crash.

Still level 41 in Act 2 Nightmare :) should be playing for a long time again since I slept! If you want to play feel free!! Jem#1715

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just finished act 3 on normal as a WD. Here are my stats currently:

I've been leveling two characters so going a bit slower than some others.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm act level 16, got to act 2 now. The ending of act 1 and the cinematic were really good. The boss was cool, but I'm mad because it gave me my first death.. I died literally as the boss died, it was frustrating :(

also
I did not expect Cain to die wtf :[

edit: found any unique items hylian? i haven't found any with my buddy yet.

I've spent craploads of gold on blacksmith... I assume I should stop for now because the stuff he can make is like ~level 27 and I'm only 16...

So I can't seem to find the answer. If a weapon has x dps and has a magical property of +5% attack speed, is that attack speed included in the weapon's DPS calculation or not? Same with "+1-3 damage" or whatever.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm at level 35, i just beat Leoric on nightmare. FFS some mobs already almost killed me at least x15 times now... if i was slightly more reckless it would of been over. I can't imagine hardcore in this game..

But MLP in D3.. no ****ing way.

What's The Point

Smash Master
So I can't seem to find the answer. If a weapon has x dps and has a magical property of +5% attack speed, is that attack speed included in the weapon's DPS calculation or not? Same with "+1-3 damage" or whatever.
The weapon has it's base Damage (10-20 or whatever) then any modifiers (+1-2 Holy Damage, blah blah), then it's attack speed, then any gems you've socketed in. DPS is the sum total of all of those things listed below it. You can also just see your character's Damage stat in the bottom right when equipping weapons to see if it lowers or increases damage.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Ok holy crap, I just tried Impale and, for some reason, the damage is way higher.
rapid fire sux lol

and yea @ what kage said, i can't even IMAGINE hardcore in this game at the higher difficulties, there is just sooooo much **** that can kill you in this game it isn't funny. going autopilot in this game after nightmare difficulty is best way to get PWNED repeatedly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm act level 16, got to act 2 now. The ending of act 1 and the cinematic were really good. The boss was cool, but I'm mad because it gave me my first death.. I died literally as the boss died, it was frustrating :(

also
I did not expect Cain to die wtf :[

edit: found any unique items hylian? i haven't found any with my buddy yet.

I've spent craploads of gold on blacksmith... I assume I should stop for now because the stuff he can make is like ~level 27 and I'm only 16...

No legendary items yet.

And yeah, just look at the bottom left of your inventory to see if something does more damage. The damage of the weapon doesn't calculate the modifiers on the bottom of it. Things like +2-4 dmg on rings and ammys give you huge dps increases as well, test everything out and just look at your dmg to find out what stats give the most on any particular item.

Kal

Smash Champion
rapid fire sux lol
I think it might have to do with Rapid Fire being all physical damage. I wouldn't expect the damage output for Impale to be so much higher based on the tooltip alone.

I'm level 41 in Act II Nightmare, about to reach the Act boss. This will be painful, I'm sure.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ooooh. My friend gave me the demo of this game. Just beat the first boss. Damnit. Now I have to get it.

Monks ridiculously fun. No need to move, just teleport to everything and punch it~ <3

Jem.

Smash Master
Just got the recipe for the Secret Pony Level in Diablo 3. Does it even have drops or anything to it, Hylian? Or is its only purpose to laugh at?

If you think that's a joke, it's really not. Pretty sure there is a youtube video of it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Beat Act 3 Normal last night - aiming for finishing Act 4 normal after work today. Currently level 30, sitting around 400 dps with monk (~650 dexterity and 1500 hp I think). I definitely need to find some better items, but its fun basically being invincible and solo'ing bosses in 20-30 seconds where i sit at 100% hp the entire time.

Jem.

Smash Master
Servers went down when Itakio, brdy, myself, and brdy's friend were fighting Diablo in Nightmare mode. About to be so mad for a couple minutes if I get backtracked questwise and have to spend an hour just to get back to Diablo :(

Kal

Smash Champion
I think it's just maintenance, so hopefully there won't be any rollbacks. I am hoping for some achievement fixes when the servers come back up.

Jem.

Smash Master
What I mean is, when you leave games or start another one, if you choose the same quest, it'll backtrack you to the start of it. I lost an hour in Act 2 Nightmare by wanting to join a public game on the same quest as me to make it easier, but I was an hour ahead on the quest and lost all the progress I made on the quest.

So the final quest of Act 4 is in multiple steps, and I dont want to be put back at the first step of it and have to spend an hour just to get back :/

To be clear, you can be on a quest called, let's just call it "The Holy Grail"

It might start out as kill 10x of these, come back, okay next part of The Holy Grail quest is to go to this place, go there, kill a mini boss, come back to me. Now go over here, do this task, etc. You see what I mean? You can be on the final step of a quest, but if you leave the game and try to join a public game or something else, it puts you back at the beginning of the whole quest, which is quite tedious and unfortunate. I lost some time too trying to sell items on the AH, and coming back to losing part of the quest.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, a similar thing has happened to me. However, the final part of the final quest starts right before Diablo, so that shouldn't be an issue I think.

Kal

Smash Champion
You can rush. However, difficulties have level requirements.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Jem, if you go into your Change Quest button you should be able to put yourself back onto whatever progress you are at. Joining public games almost always backtracks and that resets your current game.

I really underestimated the auction house. I assumed it was going to be flooded with ****ty items at random prices so people wouldn't bother trying to search through for an item they'll out level. But just last night, after reading this thread, I've been putting up blues and yellows that seem decent but I don't need for 1k-3k and most have sold. I can probably do more but I'm very content with the couple thousand.

Does anyone know what happens if you join a friend's game in an Act you haven't reached and then beat that Act? In general I'm not sure how joining games ahead of yourself works.

Kal

Smash Champion
It gives you credit for completion, but doesn't give you credit for uncompleted stuff leading up to it. Difficulties have level requirements. All I know so far is that Nightmare has a level requirement of 25.

Top Bottom