• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Same! I'm gonna start a new character if I can get back into the servers actually and continue playing with my girlfriend through normal.

I KNOW. Was so awesome. We were facerolling everything and then BAM: death death death death death lol. Was really fun.

Edit: By the way guys you can turn off getting your friends achievement notifications if you don't want things spoiled or it just annoys you lol.
Oh ya wiped for sure, I'm like man.. hardcore is going to be ****ing hard if I ever decide to do that.

shanus

Smash Hero
Oh ya wiped for sure, I'm like man.. hardcore is going to be ****ing hard if I ever decide to do that.
Gotta do it with a Monk. My whole party died and I just kept on healing myself up. I ress'd them 2 times but ended doing about 50% of him solo in a group of 5 randoms.

Going to try and do Act 3 tonight.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So... I *think* I finished Act 1.

A friend of mine insisted on playing with me. (Not you Connor! It was Romulan. I didn't even make it a joinable game. >_>)

Anyway...

Cain died. D: And now I'm wandering the Highlands, and
then the server crashed. :c

Level 14 Monk. Maybe 15.

But I really like the Monk. AoE for days. And Heals.

I like to compare the monk to being a Assadin.

The speed and damage of the Assassin.

The healing/buffs (once I get Mantras) and pseudo tanking of the Paladin.

I like.

Player-3

Smash Hero
maybe i'm going over to a friends but i'll probobly play a bit to show it to him then but i still dont know when im going rofl

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm about to be level 40 Nightmare Act 2 ^_^

Dmbrandon is the only smasher I know whose higher than me lol. And only other person I really know besides the level 60's XD

Player-3

Smash Hero
i would be alot further in nightmare if i wasn't too busy ****ing around by throwing giant spiders everywhere

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I made a witch doctor, only like level 6 but omg it's such a combination of ridiculous and amazing. I never thought I'd see a game where you can spam throw infinite jars that have infinite spiders in them wtf.

Kal

Smash Champion
Finished Normal, about a third of the way through Act I Nightmare. Game's plot managed to be underwhelming yet simultaneously a complete ****ing catastrophe. Like, holy ****, this is actually worse than the plot of Starcraft II. Good job Blizzard.

Gameplay-wise, I'm enjoying the game. A little repetitive, and some parts drag out longer than they should (the first two acts are paced terribly, while the last two are paced well), but overall I'm having fun. This is more important to me than plot, so I am pretty happy with the game so far.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh right, you people in Nightmare, would you say the game was pretty challenging first playthrough? I feel like the beginning of the game is harder than it was during the beta, and the parts after where the beta ended definitely feels like an increase in difficulty. Haven't died yet, but had a couple close calls.

[COLLAPSE="ugly thing"]
[/COLLAPSE]

dunno if i mentioned that I change 1-4 to QWER like Hylian did because it's a lot easier (and league of legends)
also set town portal to B >_>

Kal

Smash Champion
I died a few times in Acts III and IV, but the difficulty was low for me. Nightmare is significantly harder so far.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah dewd, going straight from Normal to Nightmare in Diablo 2 is extremely hard, so I would be surprised if you can clear NM without doing some grinding or something.

Have you guys found any unique items yet? Is it even possible to find them from levels 1-10 in act 1?

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I found a unique sword in Act I Nightmare. I equipped it for the achievement then salvaged that ****er.

Jem.

Smash Master
it probably would have been wiser to gold AH it if it was a decent legendary

would pay your cost of the expensive lessons. Im a level 6 BS right now and its 15,000 gold every time and 5 pages of the blacksmithing.

Nightmare is a lot harder, yeah. Seen some interesting champion minions with double affixes. Some are sooo annoying. Inferno will be nuts.

Story was REALLY good idk why you're tripping there.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't know why you'd call it tripping. The story was:

[COLLAPSE="Spoilers"]Jennifer Hale's creepy-*** witch-mom betrayed you (major shock!), and now Leah is Diablo. Oh, and all the stuff leading up to it that didn't matter. So you kill Diablo, and there is some other irrelevant stuff leading up to that (like an almost-confrontation with an angel that would have been awesome but instead ended with some weirdly sanctimonious "good job turning human, Tyrael" thing). Diablo is dead, and that's pretty much it. Tyrael gives a ****ing awful as ****ing **** terrible ****ing terrible monologue that makes almost no sense, and you're off to Nightmare difficulty![/COLLAPSE]

I honestly don't know how anyone could consider the story worthwhile. And the legendary item sucked. Doubt it would have gone for much on the auction house.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
well at least it's not the whole game on inferno, lol :/

any of you gonna start selling stuff for real money? I'm wondering how long it would take to break even on D3 :p

Seen some interesting champion minions with double affixes. Some are sooo annoying.
I swear, knockback is insane in this game, and 'nightmarish' is extremely annoying. Also you know that guy in Adria's Cellar who has like, frozen crap? I'm positive he didn't have that in the beta, and I have no idea how to avoid it.

Kal

Smash Champion
apparently some group has already downed inferno SK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Ww7kaQ6y8
Wow, that's pretty impressive.

I'm more concerned with the grind of beating the game two more times and hitting level 60 than I am with Inferno difficult; overly challenging gameplay is awesome. Grinding is lame. It seems you can join any game on a difficulty you're on, regardless of what Act is being played, so there might be a way to rush to Hell or Inferno in the future. I can probably rush someone to Nightmare if they want. I am curious to see how quickly a fresh character levels up on Nightmare, so if anyone is interested, let me know. My ID is Kal#1572.

I don't plan on using the real money auction house, honestly. Not fond of giving Paypal 15% of my earnings or getting 100% of my earnings credited as useless Blizzard store-credit. If I do have an excessive amount of **** to sell and gold is no longer something I need, I might settle for the former.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It doesn't sound like a bad deal, to be honest. Even if you lose like 30% of the total sale, it's still money you're making off of a virtual item.

Lovage

Smash Hero
lv 28 DH still act 3 normal hehe

playied first 24 levels in a party or 4 or 3 it was super fun

how are the other 20+ demon hunters playing?

i still think hungering arrows w/ piercing (or w/ fire for bosses) is like the best hatred generator (i use 2x 1 handers) and impale w/ chemical damage is the best hatred spender because i'm pretty sure it's the highest single target damage they have (COULD BE WRONG) chakras are also ****in insane and great for all non-bosses.

vaunt is mandatory i dun give a **** if u could be doing more damage with other spells there it's too fun of a spell to give up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lovage you're exactly where i am.

I've been using similar skills too. I use impale w/ stun, though, cause I prefer the stun over the bonus damage. Hungering arrows with split shot is what i'm using now, its pretty good. I used chakras for a while but i'm using elemental shot now; i think it does more dps plus the trajectory is more consistent.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm just spamming straight Rapid Fire. 250% weapon damage and the Withering Fire rune reduces the Hatred cost in half meaning I get ridiculous single target damage. At least, it's been working for me so far. I'll wait until 60 to worry about optimizing my damage.

If either of you guys wants to run through Nightmare with me once you've finished normal, let me know. 3x Demon Hunter, M I RITE

If Diablo III were a Girl.

Jem.

Smash Master
Any higher level Witch Doctors out there? I feel so helpless by myself in Nightmare mode. Been doing public games and when this guy left, I have to kite everything halfway across all of Act 2 it feels like everytime X_X and I get to 1150 INT with 5 stacks of soul harvest. Eveything just hits so hard and I have 3550 hp or so too :/

Kal

Smash Champion
If you want to run with me, Jem, I am down. I have a level 34 Demon Hunter. Nightmare does seem a lot harder. Whenever a big unique or something shows up I have to kite pretty hard. What is your damage?

Player-3

Smash Hero
jem the way i do it is i run pet doctor, grab the 4 dog 20% hp buff passive, and the 20% reduced damage passive, run big zombie + 4 dogs and have them tank it all with the slow aura/zombie wall and throw **** at the monsters

Top Bottom