• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait wait wait. NOTHING gets sexier than me. It just doesn't happen.

Congratz Sean. <3
I BETTER be invited **** it. :)
Dojo's the sexiest thing since sex.
There, I said it so no one will ever have to say it again.

Oh, and albeit a little late, congrats to Infinity, n' stuff.
I'll supply the steak dinners, of course.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jolteon and Vaporeon are better pokemon.

Competitively, that is. In game, Jolteon is probably the best overall one now, with how fast paced/hard hitting the D/P/Pt metagame has gotten. Just give it a Timid or Modest nature (Timid is probably better) and EV train that sucker well and you now have a good threat. :)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
That's how we met. I was waiting around for No Koast to start and saw a really big dude with a huge afro, walked up to the line and bumped someone in the shoulder and said 'that dude's hair looks like he got into a fight with a power outlet.'

That someone = Jinx :p

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
That's how we met. I was waiting around for No Koast to start and saw a really big dude with a huge afro, walked up to the line and bumped someone in the shoulder and said 'that dude's hair looks like he got into a fight with a power outlet.'

That someone = Jinx :p
hey wasn't no koast in wichita kansas?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
so you met your fiance at no koast? that's awesome. what's interesting is its probably because of me... i can also think of another couple that are smashers that got in engaged because of me.

check this story out:
started playing smash competitively when i lived in wichita. my first tournament was at vgames hosted in kansas city. later after the tournament i went to the vgames forums and recognized two smashers (one being a girl). i had met at vgames. i got both of their aims. after talking to them a bit i found out that they both lived in the same city. they did not know of eachother. so i decided to give one of the smashers the other's aim. they soon started playing together and became a tight nit crew with other smashers from the area. a couple years later the girl smasher gets engaged to one of the other smashers in the crew.

let's go back to after vgames. at vgames i had learned of the existence of advanced techniques in melee for the first time. i had also learned about smashboards and how i could go their to learn how to do them. after a while on smashboards i noticed one other person on smashboards from wichita. i noticed the regional forum and so i created the wichita area discussion thread. it took a while to get off the ground but finally a wichita melee crew was born. all serious players except me quit playing smash all together around when brawl came out. the melee crew was pretty much dead and any remnants of a brawl crew pretty much died too. then out of no where a few former non serious melee players and i formed a brawl crew. and it kind of took off from there and soon they became serious tournament players actually going out of the area and everything. even as i was winding down from the crew to move here for school they seemed to become even more passionate about tournament play and this is around when you guys met the wichita crew. once you guys heard of them and seen them in TX you guys decided to go to one of their tournaments called no koast and bam that's where infinity met his fiance.

well that's the story of the two engagements because of me. :laugh:

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
I leave this thread for a couple of days and Billy wrecks a tourney, Slaps is still breaking stuff, Rok the Reaper somehow comes back,Infinity gets engaged (congrats!), DMG is a stripper (?), Santi's now a flower girl, Dojo's still sexy, and Fogo's granting everyone double team.xD

<3 Dallas. I miss you guys. :)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I leave this thread for a couple of days and Billy wrecks a tourney, Slaps is still breaking stuff, Rok the Reaper somehow comes back,Infinity gets engaged (congrats!), DMG is a stripper (?), Santi's now a flower girl, Dojo's still sexy, and Fogo's granting everyone double team.xD

<3 Dallas. I miss you guys. :)
Not to mention the tornadoes.
Thoughts? SUPER disjointed hitbox.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Jolteon and Vaporeon are better pokemon.

Competitively, that is. In game, Jolteon is probably the best overall one now, with how fast paced/hard hitting the D/P/Pt metagame has gotten. Just give it a Timid or Modest nature (Timid is probably better) and EV train that sucker well and you now have a good threat. :)
Jolteon ain't **** if it doesn't have the proper IVs in speed and special attack.

What, do you WANT a Weavile/Blissey/Metagross to wreck your ****?

@ Brett: I <3 Tornadoes.

And Zac, you should've gotten the judgment hammer...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Okay, so I just want to remind everyone.....

We need Wii's+Brawl for FS6. TVs are also important, but if you can fit in another Wii over a TV, bring it.

bring your Wii's to Final Smash 6, and get a FREE snack and drink.

But you have to check in your system when you register. No waiting 3 hours after getting to Gamelot THEN bringing it up. Of course, this also means if we fill up all of the TVs..... sorry, we can't give away stuff for consoles we don't use.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm bringing my wii, laptop, and dazzle. Imma livestream. :)

Happy Birthday Zac. Livestream Ozzfest for me. I'll be at home doing nothing. :(

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i should get a tattoo of "You aren't worth the trouble!" in old english font lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom