• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
So no poker friday dphat? Played some HU PLO and NLHE with my friend Mark for about 8 or so buyins. Learned alot about PLO, was fun. Made several huge mistakes. He plays $3/6 PLO casually, taught me alot.

Recently became a huge fan of 5 hour energy drinks. Anybody have any experiences with this stuff? Read about 7 online articles after taking the product; learned alot about caffeine and its effects. Normal cups of coffee have between 180-220 mg of caffeine in them. Cool chemistry facts imo.

Found a funny review response; hope you guys get a laff:
"I saw this on tv, in gas stations, pretty much everywhere, so I decided to try it. First thing, it's like 3 bucks for this little 2 ounce shot. What the **** is that about?! It also tastes...odd. It's not good but it's not bad, and it gives me no energy whatsoever. I actually felt worse than I did before I drank it. Maybe I need to drink 10 for it to work but then I'd be paying 30 bucks. Might as well just buy some crack instead. That'll keep you awake for 5 hours."

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude yeah, I'm also a fan of 5-hour energy. I just don't like getting into the habit of spending money on small things if I don't feel I absolutely need them. Even small spending habits add up.

Cool thing about them is they DON'T jerk you awake. When you take one, you can choose when to pass out still. You just don't HAVE to pass out if you don't want to. They're good for all-nighters and AMAZING for driving long distances on little to no sleep. Get a 5-hour energy and something crunchy to eat and you won't fall asleep at the wheel, guaranteed.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I sneezed and used my right hand to cover my mouth. After teh sneeze, my nerves shot a quick spasm "pain?" in my hand and then disappeared. Pretty sure your muscles tense up when you sneeze, but idk if the 5 hour energy drink had any impact on that response.
Because, that's never happened to me before all my life.

edit: post after me is some nerdy *** ****

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Ugh, I sneezed and used my right hand to cover my mouth. After teh sneeze, my nerves shot a quick spasm "pain?" in my hand and then disappeared. Pretty sure your muscles tense up when you sneeze, but idk if the 5 hour energy drink had any impact on that response.
Because, that's never happened to me before all my life.

edit: post after me is some nerdy *** ****
Lmaooo my thoughts exactly. Getting extra hearts and ****.

I like 5 hrs a lot, they were usually on my grocery list last semester. If you buy batches of them (3-5 at a time) and use them only when you need to they last for a while and come in handy in the clutch.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
^^ Already did his research ;P. Whatcha doin this weekend?

I'm down for some games this weekend.

Also, my parents (ENTIRE FAMILY) is leaving next week so my house will be empty and free of belongings and video games to entertain others. We can game this weekend or next week my address is :
lulzy street Land of the Killers TX 75104 :reverse:

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I am trying to plan the next phase and am curious what date would be best for everybody... Just wanting to get an idea on showup as well.. Sorry I haven't been around as much =[

Denti

Smash Master
Hey yall, just reminding people that my carpool to Oklahoma this weekend has two open spots for ANYONE :)
1.Denti
2.Batou
3.Infinity

ALSO The carpool for the SA tournament the following Saturday has only one spot left open. We're leaving early in the morning for this one btw.. Since Revolution 2 is on Friday (Gnes/Houston is attending the SA tournament fyi)
1.Denti
2.Dakpo
3.Infinity
4.Batou

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hey yall, just reminding people that my carpool to Oklahoma this weekend has two open spots for ANYONE :)
1.Denti
2.Batou
3.Infinity

ALSO The carpool for the SA tournament the following Saturday has only one spot left open. We're leaving early in the morning for this one btw.. Since Revolution 2 is on Friday (Gnes/Houston is attending the SA tournament fyi)
1.Denti
2.Dakpo
3.Infinity
4.Batou
Shotgun.

Not joust.

No lasercats.

No johns :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
How is Dallas with the storms? The one that swept Missouri... when it past by my house lightning hit.

Damages:

- hole in roof
- garage doors need to be replaced
- internet needed to be repaired and still isn't working correctly (not that it ever was but now it gets d/c for a LONG period of time randomly)
- electricity needed to be restored to the first floor

lol. At least house didn't catch on fire! Dang, move from Houston- avoid hurricane. Move to Dallas- house gets nailed by lightning. Can't win.

So someone tell me when/if Dallas gets a venue again. My fb is Juli Doll. I may go for fun but this game is dead as hell to me now, I like SSF4 my main Bison is super viable. Unsure if I will even get next gen Nintendo console because they screwed up so badly with the Wii. Only if a miracle happened- like Jigglypuff isn't near useless and they put Mewtwo back in and make him viable as well. I do like the 3DS I will probly get one when price drops or a newer model comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom