• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I really wasn't at POE so I can't really talk, but the majority of flame seemed to go towards PEEF as a TO, everyone else seemed very happy with everything else, including PEEF's hospitality and such.

MacD

Banned via Administration
of course little england fails because he couldn't copy paste me

the other thing i said about the tourney was that the only thing wrong was the TO messes, which didn't effect 95% of people and those people shouldn't be *****ing

afterwards it seemed more like peef hate anyway cause everyone was baggin on him extra hard and super public when it really didn't need to be (granted it was his fault but still). people started saying the tourney sucked cause of the TO issues, when in reality it didn't suck, people were just *****ing cause, and giving poe a bad name for no reason

and like jason said, i wouldn't mind coming back, but midwest isn't on my high priority travel list right now between rom and pound

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
poe did not finish by 11pm, it was going pretty good around 11pm but the grand finals actually didnt finish until closer to 1 am i'm pretty sure. the bracket didnt even start until almost 10

all in all, it wasnt that bad of a tournament, the amount of games guaranteed+the amount of setups was pretty great, it just ran behind schedule and had a giant, almost 3 hour break between the singles pools and singles bracket
nah i was in the cleanup crew and the last car left the venue at 1. i think GF finished around 11 or 11:30. i remember getting a few friendlies in with zhu after GF too.

it was a pretty good venue and i think a few more people came than originally expected. that said, all big summer tournaments end up with heat problems, who remembers SMYM10?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Actually, if this thread gets moved to Poopchat, and it's still as active as it is now, I may consider stickying it for awhile. I still really like the motivation and purpose and am hoping that this can can push the Midwest to become a bit more united and coordinated as a region. That's assuming it's being used for the purpose intended, though. If it merely turns into a Region-wide Social Thread, then that's another story.

slomo431

Smash Ace
no more ray chun and no more zec means i need people to play do the cod things and i will come i want to learn how to play this game

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
After reading that I keep wondering

Can LE even beat Kels? He sounds like he's talking a lot of **** about him.

Nonetheless, admirable post. I'd like to see a MW power ranking, although I think the reason we're bad is BECAUSE we're spread out, not our mindset.

Quaz

Smash Master
I think most people are getting the wrong idea. Little England is not saying that kels sucks, he's saying midwest as a WHOLE sucks and that our average players are not as good as socal for example.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im only getting defensive because he said hes one of the best falcos in the midwest despite not even knowing probably who most of them are, and not really accomplishing anything noteworthy himself

hence the reason power rankings dont work in the midwest: hardly anybody knows how good the people outside of their own immediate region are

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
he said hes one of the best falco MAINS in the midwest, and honestly he is right now

viperboy - retired
big r - retired
moose - near englands level imo
shaeden - never played him but i think near englands level
kirkq - got ***** by england last time they played in tournament, but i think kirkq will give him closer games in the future
secks - havent heard from him in forever but he was pretty crunchy

i think thats it

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've never heard of any of those Falcos except for Big R and Viperboy. Two years is a long time indeed...

Don't mind my reminiscent rambling. xD

edit: what ever happened to Dope? Does he still play?

Dart!

Smash Master
he said hes one of the best falco MAINS in the midwest, and honestly he is right now

viperboy - retired
big r - retired
moose - near englands level imo
shaeden - never played him but i think near englands level
kirkq - got ***** by england last time they played in tournament, but i think kirkq will give him closer games in the future
secks - havent heard from him in forever but he was pretty crunchy

i think thats it
IMO moose would be better than LE if he made smarter choices, shaeden would be better but...he has a terribad mindset nowadays.

i'd like to see who you guys think are the best falcon/marth/sheik/fox mains in the MW nowadays

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dope and Illboy should be on that list.

Dope is still really good sometimes.

Moooose

Smash Champion
i havent seen dope in forever =(

this one set i had with illboyzeus he was beatin me like 4 stocks to 2
then i took 4 stocks not losin one
best day ever

ill try to make smarter decisions darttt
$3 mm next time, gimme da marf

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
best sheik main: drephen, mattr(when he's playing well), raychun's ghost???

best marth: N/A...unless you count tink's a$$. seems like darts moving up

best falcon: tom R'izzzzllle

don't worry MW, i'm coming back at some point. i'll drop some deuces on you young kids at the next tournament peef ruins.

bzoo, i'm coming for you!!! :-p just playing. i miss chicago and the smash scene 2222much

Kels88

Smash Lord
best sheik main: drephen, mattr(when he's playing well), raychun's ghost???

best marth: N/A...unless you count tink's a$$. seems like darts moving up

best falcon: tom R'izzzzllle

best spacies and pikachu: Kels

don't worry MW, i'm coming back at some point. i'll drop some deuces on you young kids at the next tournament peef ruins.

bzoo, i'm coming for you!!! :-p just playing. i miss chicago and the smash scene 2222much
Fixed:laugh:

Come back soon Ray so i can whoop on that Sheik with Pikachu:)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I was content lurking this thread until Kels last post

thrzy da bes

inb4MIbiasness

edit: to stay in topic, there's finally good ppl around me willing to play all the time so Id proly get better, except against duck, samus is hella annoying

e__

Smash Ace
nah i was in the cleanup crew and the last car left the venue at 1. i think GF finished around 11 or 11:30. i remember getting a few friendlies in with zhu after GF too.

it was a pretty good venue and i think a few more people came than originally expected. that said, all big summer tournaments end up with heat problems, who remembers SMYM10?
Time Zone difference?

Big D is in Ohio, which is Eastern, wasn't POE3 on mountain time...?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
im pretty sure on a good day kels would whoop most of cali no biggy
That's not the point. His point is that our good player to pot filler ratio is noticeably different from Cali's in that the latter is rather...abundant around here now. Kels is a good player, but how many comparable players in skill do we have running around now? He is the current standard for the Midwest's "top guy to beat" in Melee; whereas before...with no offense to Kels, the standard of "top target" was focused a little higher.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB you aren't taking into account how good Kels has gotten.
Because it's irrelevant for the most part. His individual skill has little to do with the ratio I just brought up since it focuses on the current average level of skill/placings shown by the Midwest at nationals. However, based on his results here at home, he is still the "guy to beat".

Although I could totally be wrong too, lol.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ok, just got done reading ALL of the posts before this. And at least 90% of you people don't even know me considering I'm no longer in the midwest.
But here's my story:(yea, late to the party with the stories, I don't give a ****)

I started playing melee iiiiiiin, oh, I don't know. Early '09? I think. PEEF, can you confirm? But anyways. Yea, so I started playing melee in 09 in Evansville. It started off just me and PEEF(FULL HOP KNEES), then ReneChristobel started playing(with G&W, mind you), Shonic, Biz, Amba etc.

It was super cool to start playing a game that was this deep that was going to take forever to master. I was stoked. I started off with Ness because I couldn't do anything with CF anymore. But as I got better with my tech skills I started going back to CF, then to spite PEEF(lol) I started maining Luigi. It was super cool and I was super excited, and everything was just super.

But yea, so my first time EVER playing with ANY pros was at POE2. And that was just friendlies because I had to work both of those days that people were there. But I suuuucked so much. I remember playing team friendlies with PikaChad vs Tomacawk and (I think) BunBun. And I did absolutely terrible, but it was soooo fun. Then I went and found an empty setup and started fighting level 1's cause it was the cool-kids thing to do. Then, and to this day I don't know if I'm right, who I think was Darkrain asked if I wanted to play some friendlies and I said, "sure, but I suck." and he said, "it's cool." Then I got ***** by his CF.

But anyways. My first tournament was SMYM10. It was soooo cool. People I'd never thought I'd get to see play in person were there, ya know, Scar, M2k, Mango. It was the ****. Me and Chris(Rene) did doubles and lost to Tomocawk and George, the R bros, and whoever else was in our pools. Needless to say we didn't make it out. But it was OK because it was awesome to play these people. I went fox one match, it was hilarious. I did better in my singles pools though, that was cool. I remember playin against AOB's DK and getting wrecked. And IHSB's Samus, a set in which I was also wrecked. But I did win 2 out of the 5(?) sets I had to play in my pools and that was a huge boost. I did better than anyone else from Evansville in pools(except PEEF who I think did just as well). And that had me stoked.

Ok, so yea. There's more but I'm tired of typing and I think you people don't care to read my smash story. :p

tl;dr - Smash is cool.

Top Bottom