• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

Mars-

Smash Champion
not true. the two smallest i've ever hosted were 8 and 13. Both were last fall iirc. The last one I hosted had 28 people from WI, IL and IN
Yeah your right now that I think about it I the low turnouts were the first two you did. Chicago area tournys should be big I mean we got some of the best in chicago, tink, kels, trail(?), bigd(?), cosmo.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
He also informs us of a player named Ripple (Blake Curry) who is super rich and super awesome and he plays roy! what the hell? He may be able to give us a ride, thankfully he agreed.

He drove about 3 hours out of the way to pick us up and drop us off.
Midwest delivers? Ripple ****ing delivers!

and plays roy

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
he got 9th at a purdue tournament, losing to goosefactor and tink from what i could tell
He also won the one before that, which had a (slightly) larger number of entrants, though I assume the caliber of player was greater in the latter.

When i made my tournament thread, i checked all the melee tagged threads and didnt see any 25th ones and purdue didn't tell me they were hosting a tournament that day until after i made it.
If you scroll down the op, purdue has their tourney dates up through dec 4 listed. It's in there kind of sneaky though I guess. :)

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Sydney Smith

Ok, inspirational quote aside:), there are real obstacles. But by claiming our problems are due to these obstacles we only create a scenario of reciprocal determinism which more or less "dooms" us to be bound by these obstacles. I for one would much work towards success and end in failure than accept failure to begin with. I have goals. I may or may not reach them, time will tell, but I do know this: I will surely have made more progress in failing to reach my goals than I would have if I had never tried. Microwave once (only once :laugh:) said something that I thought made a lot of sense. It went something like this: "Think of all the hours you put into this game. Think of all the time you spent practicing. How many hundreds of hours have you played? Don't you want something to show for it?"

I've decided to make my time mean something.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
unfortunately when enough people think like this, it just reinforces the problem. I think where it comes from is that players expect low turnout, and don't want to play/lose to the same people, so they stop traveling. Nowadays the only way to get a state to show up is with OoS interest. The only way to get OoS interest is with region-wide interest. The only way to spark region-wide interest is with OoR interest. But we can't get OoR interest without big tournaments. So nobody goes. It's a catch 22.

Wisconsin was a huge victim of this and as a result all of our TO's stopped hosting out of frustration, and now our scene has dwindled to a dozen players max, half of which dare to go 30 minutes over the border for tournaments.

It's a problem with the entire community, and a handful of people individually pledging "goals to improve" wont amount to anything in terms of the scene. We would still fall victim to the vicious circle of people dropping out of tournaments in fear of low turnouts. I'd bet good money that if I hosted a tourney up in Oshkosh half the people who have, or eventually will, sign this thread would not show up. We need something else to ensure the entire community will want to attend, and then big tournaments will come naturally.
This was the direction I was hoping the thread would go. I made the pledge in the interest of instilling the mindset of playing to improve/learn because I believe it is the key factor as far as individual growth. In light of what you said, collective growth must be done via a more proactive role. You've addressed that aspect thoroughly, so I have nothing to add.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
-sign me up.

Holler at t3h Iceez!

BTW I think MattR would beat SS. Let me know if you want to sign my petition.

Dart!

Smash Master
My melee career actually started through brawl...
To be continued in another post as i'm sure you're all bored already >.>
Forgot to mention that the first tourney i went to was SMYM9 in January or February of 09 i can't remember, ****in darkrain. The next big tourney i attend is SMYM10, i have Zjiin, an IC's i'm absolutely unsure of this matchup at the time :/ Plus 3-4 peaches as well, a matchup i had prior to the tourney never played before. one of them being DoH...he's like texas's top peaches yeah? Quaz and all his rage <3 and Zicore who at the time was trolling the piss out of me. Oh and darkrains fiance who whooped my *** with falco :psycho:
this is also the first time i meet my inspiration to play marth...M2k. oh and that jerk off mango, why is he still the best?

in between this time peoria has its own tournament named "Twin Tower Rumble" i meet Vro Kels Jazzness and Alcheato for the first time. everyone of them ***** me. But they reassured me that if i keep up and let go of my temper and work on my mistakes i'll improve. Guess i'm still trying to do that eh guys?

Next up is TIMS3, springfields biggest tourney (still waiting for TIMS4 guys) that i know of...had vro and a few other people i can't remember. First time i ever got out of pools :D i win a whopping One round winners and then run into Tink (****in wayne) and his BeSeRkeR fOx. Little did he know how good i was at gimping uncareful foxes ;) i 3 stock him on battlefield. He switches to peach...which at that point i was still unready for the matchup. As i make my way to losers i win another round or so and then i run into Legan...he's like the only link in the MW at this point. it goes down to game three and this is the first time i've ever been in a position to "fight the crowd" Everybody and their mother was cheering legan on as it went down to last stock...i miss an lcancel. get shield grabbed dthrow into spin to win and lost.

I can't remember which tourney came first but i'm pretty sure it was Hot Dickings in ST Louis. I ride down with ripple and Oranos (Nick Wood) for the brawl tourney first and then the melee tourney on sunday. the night before melee i meet Dmac, who was the only ganondorf player i had ever seen in the MW other than myself at the time. The tourney went really well for me, got 4th seed in doubles but pulled an amazing 2v1 in the first round of winners against ripple and legan game 3. singles was ok, got 1st seed for my first time in pools. i win about 2 rounds of winners bracket and have to play Smeesh...i won't lie his unorthodox playstyle had me completely mindgamed and beat me 2-1. I proceed to tear up losers bracket and run into Dmac...go figure. The following is a big john but it happens. I'm up 4 stocks to 2 on game one...i'm not having any trouble. as i am about to edgeguard him to go up 3 stocks a crowd watching another match screams as something crazy happens and i'm absolutely flustered. I can't tell you why but i just lost it after that. Dmac handled me with ease as i was battling to get my composure. it sadly didn't happen. i placed 9th along with lain who i thought was only a brawl player? well he was trippin on acid in the corner after the tourney so talking to him was kinda pointless :chuckle:

SMYM11, this is the tourney where i met reneblade, later we became literal brothers from other mothers <3...this is the tourney i could feel it. i was gonna place extremely well, i was confident and nothing was gonna stop me...that was until i realized one thing. ****in Sheik MU, how does it work? My first round of the tournament is Darkatma...i wasn't fazed though i was gonna pick fox and do what it took to win. i was doing well but i couldn't keep my game up. i was so discouraged that i did the most disrespectful thing of my smash career. walked off without shaking his hand, sorry binyan :/ I take my loss and go on to losers. win one round by destroying some noob falco/fox and the very next round guess what it is: the sheik matchup AGAIN. this time its moogle, we go pokemon and he destroys my marth. i cp fox and corneria and he lets me do the secret taunt and double walljump pivot laser on the fin and i take the loss.

POE3, what a train wreck that was. i stay the week before with reneblade...meeting rockcrock and zhu and macD...my first real chance at making an impression with OoR players that are vastly better than myself. RockCrock and Zhu were super chill, MacD was having some Peef issues though XD...i played with them and they both congratulated me on being "best player they have never heard of" i suppose i take it as a huge compliment. I teamed with IHaveSpaceBalls and we did pretty well...i think we could do better if you wanna team again Jack ;) oh yeah, this is also when i meet the bro with dat armor, trail. he was talking some serious **** about putting me in my place but when we played i could tell he garnered some respect for me in our set. even though i lost its still awesome to meet chillinois people <3

Summer rolls by, i go to numerous vro zones and MAS tourneys, one of which i actually beat cosmo in first round of winners, he ended up taking me out in losers semis though XD (oh yeah, we're even in tourney cosmo don't forget ;P)
This is about the time when kels and tink both actually start calling me out and asking for advice during tourney and shouting me out about how good i am. "OH mah gawd good people around here think im good"

Sakurai 3: i would say this is my breakout tourney. i didn't win but i placed 5th...only kels cosmo mattr and m2k did better than me. I had to play Eighteenspikes first round of bracket but he was in a cast so johns for him...next round i had to play chexr who i was still riding hype from our pools set that i won. it goes to game 3 and i CP Rainbow Cruise with Fox and pull the cheesiest 2 stock win by spamming upsmash/uair for kills :p then KirkQ amazingly upsets TomR...which sets me up to 2-0 him and move on...shoutouts to him for beating me at SSBO 2 weeks ago though. Sadly after this i run into M2K...he scrubs me up in marth dittos. How am i supposed to feel good when playing against someone like him? soon after that i play MattR in losers, protip: sheik vs marth is a bad MU. i think my fox would have made the set interesting...possibly win but i won't get into it because i don't need people trolling me and my fox.

And up to this point...I've been attending SSBO's and the very first one i went to i took doubles and singles by storm pretty much. ORLY and i became the hurricane, TEAM AMURICUH, etc. Pretty much just trying to find my place among the best of the MW now...Still trying to get CunningKitsune to play me because he's **** even if no one knows if he even plays anymore :)

See you guys at SGR

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
midwests biggest downer? good one sveet

i traveled at least as much as anybody else in the midwest for a while, but now as time has gone on i was the last person in all of ohio who decided to stop traveling. ohio had a great scene that for some reason died all at once, and now that there are about 4 people left that want to play and 0 besides myself with an interest in traveling, im going to not travel to the lack of tournaments in the future

chicago's "thriving" scene really isnt even as impressive as it should be considering the size of chicago and the amount of players i know live there. scsyn had considerably less entrants than its previous iterations, and the 2 chicago tourneys i went to before that one (both this past summer) had 8 and 13 entrants, neither of which had you in attendance. add to this that chicagos thriving scene rarely goes anywhere else, so it barely has anything to do with the mw as a whole. a lot of tournaments could probably generate region-wide interest if a full crew from chicago traveled to it; example being the recent ssbo. however, a tournament such as the showdown in ohio, a tournament which had everything done for us and all melee players had to do was go to it and receive the ridiculously large cash prizes, still only got 15 people to come, several of which came from wisconsin. i made threads telling people to go, but i saw people such as yourself saying things like it doesnt look worth it

mars, i live in cincinnati, so no i wont go to weeklies at CoD

sveet, you never go anywhere, last time i told you to travel more you said you'd be going to poe3 and apex, you went to one of those and its still the only oos tourney you've ever been to. you can preach from your throne of barely even going to half of the chicago tournaments, but youre being a hypocrite every time you do. i've traveled over 5 hours to tournaments twice this year by myself, and would probably still consider doing it if there was a good looking tournament i could make.

i would love for mw to have a better scene, but its going to take a lot of commitment by a lot of people for this to happen, and a lot of this is contingent on simply getting people who dont play to play, which is largely beyond the control of the people posting in this thread.

so no sveet, i'm not a downer, i just dont like it when people sit around and accuse everybody else of doing it wrong when they arent really doing anything to contribute/sacrificing anything themselves

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wait here we tryed getting PEEF out of here? What if we throw him in one of the coasts maybe we'll do better. :p But really PEEF johns are the best johns besides it wasn't falcon dittos in the midwest.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
BigD, i didnt come to this thread to sit and talk about MWs past. The only thing we can do to help is do our best. I am traveling to every tournament I can. I'm hosting monthly tournaments that generate players from IN and WI as well as all over IL. MW has potential for a strong scene, but we just have to do it.

Mars-

Smash Champion
mars, i live in cincinnati, so no i wont go to weeklies at CoD
Ahh I thought you lived in barrington probably thinking of somebody else.

Oh and I have personally been with sveet to two OoS tournys, but that was a while ago, not sure if you are talking about current stuff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you trollin
If I was trolling would I be the in your face? No next time I don't come in 1st place i'm going to blame you PEEF.

But I think IN. should work on it's sence it's in the middle a solid middle would be useful for tournments and if our captail had a sence of somesort it would be amazinly useful besides being in the middle it would also be at route 40. Pitty there are maybe 3 people who play melee semi serious.

kirkq

Smash Ace
The midwest is full of a lot of latent talent.

I began traveling to tournaments in '04. I teamed with Big C at FoB3 and then lost to Kishcubed (RIP) in singles. The Indiana/Illinois scene developed largely from Big C's basement monthlies which started a couple months after that. Twice a year there was SMYM, once a year there was FC. That's about all there was. One could argue that it actually took more traveling in those times to find good competition. The midwest peaked in about '06 - '07 before brawl came out and then the scene began to diminish. This was also around the time many of us began college. With college it becomes harder for us to travel. With brawl there was a period without many melee tournaments.

Fun fact, I placed second at my second brawl tournament ever knocking out Tink, Overswarm, and Bloodhawk. I have placed competitively higher (in my opinion) in brawl than I ever have in melee. I went to Damian's for melee after a summer of brawl. It was a completely different environment. Everyone seemed relaxed, it was just sort of a reunion after everyone had tried their hand at brawl. Many people were washed up from brawl, but no one was there to talk ****. It was only about having a good time playing a good game.

I disagree completely that playing bad people makes you better. I can improve more from focusing on technical skill and playing against a computer than I can by predicting bad people. Also this game isn't fun to me unless I'm competing or playing Super Sudden Death on Hyrule Temple (MM me there).

The most enjoyable tournament sets for me to play are the ones where everything is laid out on the line, where no one messes up, and where both players are playing with everything they've got. At the end of the match there isn't anything left to say. Both players know the skill level shown in the match. They know next time things could just as easily be different.

Most of us old players in the area haven't had serious competition since about '07. Some of us forget old tricks and old tech skill. Some of us can't remember the last time we played against a half decent jigglypuff player. To gauge skill based off that would be a mistake.

At the end of the day, Jason, we've probably put 3 times the effort into playing this game, and only received half the returns. If I had attended all the SSBOs these last 3 years (longer than your account suggests you've been playing) and actually had various people vying to beat me, I assure you I would destroy you now. You were lucky to play against a concentration of skilled players within a reasonable driving distance. We never had that privilege. I'm going to call you out right now. Do you have a car here at Purdue? This may or may not be true, I was under the impression you didn't. If you don't, how do you intend to 'further the smash scene' if you can't even get anywhere. Now you are left to 1: use people going out of their way to drive to tournaments or 2: convince people to come to Purdue. Many of us used to travel in groups of two, most for longer distances than I. It wasn't possible to bring people to you or to just hitch a ride somewhere.

Smash has allowed me to meet like minded people and thrive in a competitive atmosphere. I would have loved to have more opportunities to get better, but they just weren't there without unreasonable effort. Midwest smash was something we (some before even I started playing) came together to create.

Maybe this has been a bunch of disconnected thoughts, or maybe some of you will take something out of what I've said. I play on my own agenda. I'm not here to sign any lists. Long story short, I've been playin for 6 years, kids.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the problem with your goals faithkeeper is that you've resigned to lose every set against ____ until then, and then when the time comes, if you dont beat them, you just push the date back, and then its lost its meaning entirely

it should probably be more specific and habit-based; "i will not let people punish me for rolling in", "i will not try to do a fancy edgeguard if an edgehog will suffice", etc.

that way its something that can be immediately implemented, have immediate results, and doesnt fall apart if its accidentally violated

i cosign most of what kirkq has said, except i do think that people have gotten overall better since 07 even though a lot of us feel less precise than we used to, and ive still played against some good jiggs players and it sucks

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
the problem with your goals faithkeeper is that you've resigned to lose every set against ____ until then, and then when the time comes, if you dont beat them, you just push the date back, and then its lost its meaning entirely

it should probably be more specific and habit-based; "i will not let people punish me for rolling in", "i will not try to do a fancy edgeguard if an edgehog will suffice", etc.

that way its something that can be immediately implemented, have immediate results, and doesnt fall apart if its accidentally violated
That makes a lot of sense, thanks.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
fancy edge gaurd is pretty amazing at times wall jump into dair gimp as falco and they're like oh d*** you killed yourself for that sexy gimp and i'm like no your not worth it and recovery.

No don't limit yourself and keep improving is all anyone can do. Today I moved a dead tree so heavy I know I couldn't move I'm not strong enough how did I move it? I wanted to move that tree more than anything in the world and said I WILL move this tree and moved it twice as far as I thought I could. You are the limit.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I'm always trying to get better, i drove 4 hours by my **** self for that SSBO i went to and didnt even enter teams. I hosted Dart this weekend, we played smash everyday for atleast 4 or 5 hours. I'm probably going to Rob Gambinos this thursday with a few ppl, and sometime soon will drive 3 hours both ways to smoke and play with Tomacawk for 1 night.

I can't do this all the time. I have school 5 days a week and work the other 2. So i don't often have time to travel and i definetly dont have the money to travel frequently.

This is a problem because, traveling is the main way i can get better. there are only 2 people of mentionable skill in evansville. (use AT's, consistent with them, know what they're doing) and 1 of them is semi-retired so he will never advance unless i advance him through what i learn traveling! the other guy is still in high-school, so I get johns from him %80 of the time. so instead of playing melee every night like I'd like to, I play melee once a week if I'm lucky.

distance johns, legit or not, are real and a decent portion of the problem. I'd love to host a tourney in Evansville again but I'm just so petrified that people won't show. I mean when people talk about PoE 3 all you hear is about how much of a disaster it was. and whether or not it was (it was a pretty big let-down IMO) is irrelevant because the consesus is that it sucked.

if i could get big D to come and get Chicago to travel en masse + purdue to come down, I think that would generate interest, but thats a ways off anyways.

Little England

Smash Master
At the end of the day, Jason, we've probably put 3 times the effort into playing this game, and only received half the returns. If I had attended all the SSBOs these last 3 years (longer than your account suggests you've been playing) and actually had various people vying to beat me, I assure you I would destroy you now. You were lucky to play against a concentration of skilled players within a reasonable driving distance. We never had that privilege. I'm going to call you out right now. Do you have a car here at Purdue? This may or may not be true, I was under the impression you didn't. If you don't, how do you intend to 'further the smash scene' if you can't even get anywhere. Now you are left to 1: use people going out of their way to drive to tournaments or 2: convince people to come to Purdue. Many of us used to travel in groups of two, most for longer distances than I. It wasn't possible to bring people to you or to just hitch a ride somewhere.
Nice post Kirk. Just addressing a few points you've made:

-I've been playing competitively since late '05.
-I was very inactive starting out and maybe attended 3 tournaments a year(so this was the extent of my activity from late 05 to spring of 09)
-I lived in one of the least active regions of SoCal and therefore was only really an active player for the past year or so. (Meaning 1 tournament a month) Even during this time my most consistent practice partner was lvl4 or lvl9 CPUs.
-Plenty of people have posted inspiring stories and I've been contacted personally from several people (in the region and outside) giving me thanks/praise for inspiring them as well. I'd like to say this thread was quite a start to furthering the smash scene.
-I do not have a car, but it seems like that should not be a problem especially since I'm good for gas money. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
-I'd be more than happy to help host Purdue tournaments and help run tournaments outside of Purdue.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd love to host a tourney in Evansville again but I'm just so petrified that people won't show. I mean when people talk about PoE 3 all you hear is about how much of a disaster it was. and whether or not it was (it was a pretty big let-down IMO) is irrelevant because the consesus is that it sucked.
This is why people might not come to another POE. Because people re-write the history books of a tournament that had lots of top level OoR players, (RockCrock, Zhu, Husband, Wobbles, MacD...) was massively large for a MW tourney, finished on time (11PM) with 4 people advancing from each pool, and everyone got paid on the spot. I did not do a great job TOing when the brackets got deleted, not at all, but other peopled helped and it worked out fine. 95% of the people that were there have no reason to complain.

If you want there to be another Evansville (or Southern Indiana) tourney, then you shouldn't call a really good tourney a "let down". You just feed that false image.

Dart!

Smash Master
This is why people might not come to another POE. Because people re-write the history books of a tournament that had lots of top level OoR players, (RockCrock, Zhu, Husband, Wobbles, MacD...) was massively large for a MW tourney, finished on time (11PM) with 4 people advancing from each pool, and everyone got paid on the spot. I did not do a great job TOing when the brackets got deleted, not at all, but other peopled helped and it worked out fine. 95% of the people that were there have no reason to complain.

If you want there to be another Evansville (or Southern Indiana) tourney, then you shouldn't call a really good tourney a "let down". You just feed that false image.
i think people are just mad salty that the big *** church venue ended up being a cramped tiny little classroom that was too hot with subpar ventilation.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Great OP Little England.

I've felt much the same as you since coming to the midwest, but I've kind of settled instead of trying to improve. It's incredibly hard to when you play the same people all the time, because they don't punish your bad habits and you get stuck into the same habits, habits that good players punish you for. That's why I got ***** so hard by tink this time around, I couldn't adapt to wavedash off - bair, and I couldn't resist the urge to roll when near the edge.

I'm from norcal and I love the scene up there, we have some incredible smashers of all sorts of varieties. The midwest has incredible smashers in the making, but distance is the biggest limiting factor.

Back on point though, I was disappointed at the last SSBO because the people I had heard improved a lot seemed the same to me, and the only people I knew I would have trouble with were the people I ended up losing to. Part of this is because people don't seek to improve at tournies, they just want to do their best.

Anthony is my favorite smasher because when he goes to tournies he asks all the good people to play him. I feel like that's a dam smart way to improve.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
no need to get butt-hurt peef. i didnt mention any particular reason why it was sub-par. your **** up was a good portion of it, but far from all of it.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
The MW is bad, but this is not the problem.
Problem #1: Kels is the best active player in the MW and therefore he indirectly sets “the standard”. No offense to Kels, but beating him should NOT be the standard; yet it is. This is probably what saddens me the most about the MW. You guys have set a standard so low that you will never be able to compete on a national level. I know this sounds harsh, but that’s the way it is. This leads me to the next point.
Problem #2: The lack of confidence that emits off of some of you guys is extraordinary! I choose my words carefully. Although I’ve never heard anyone say “I just won’t ever be good enough to beat Kels” it has been inferred in various ways on SEVERAL occasions. I’m sick and tired of “well he can do it because he’s Amsah” or “his shield pressure is perfect because he’s Lucky”. NO! They have gotten where they are through practice. All it takes is practice, BUT INSTEAD all I hear is johns! SIT DOWN. SHUT UP. AND PRACTICE IN YOUR ROOM LIKE PHIL.
LOL, if kels is the best in the MW...how the **** can beating him be the "Standard" ???? a standard is an average normal ****ing requirement....kels is a national level tournament player that has a pretty impressive tournament record.

beat kels first then talk some ****. i don't get how putting him down is supposed to inspire us. and even though we all want to beat the best in the MW (kels, tink, drephen, cosmo, darkrain's corpse, AOB).......we need more people at tournaments. i'd rather have 50 good/decent people at a huge tournament than have 5 incredible awesome players at a small tournament where we have to do round robin and everyone gets bored of playing each other.

Sliq

Smash Master
The reason I'm bad is because of a lack of effort. I just don't got the **** time!

Drephen

Smash Master
1.) lol why do u guys wanna get better? we've tried it like 80 times in the past didnt work. oh wells. midwest is still the chillest region out there

2.) who the **** is little england?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
poe did not finish by 11pm, it was going pretty good around 11pm but the grand finals actually didnt finish until closer to 1 am i'm pretty sure. the bracket didnt even start until almost 10

all in all, it wasnt that bad of a tournament, the amount of games guaranteed+the amount of setups was pretty great, it just ran behind schedule and had a giant, almost 3 hour break between the singles pools and singles bracket

Little England

Smash Master
I was talking to MacD on AIM about the PoE tournament yesterday. I forgot to copy paste our convo so I could quote him directly but I still remember the jist of it.

MacD: "I really would like to go back to the midwest."
Me: "Even with all of the bad reports of the PoE tournament?"
MacD: "Yeah, I don't know why everyone was complaining about that tournament. Even if the venue was smaller than it was advertised, it was big enough. Besides, that happens at a lot of smash tournaments. Also, there were plenty of setups. If anyone should be complaining it's me because I got my wallet stolen. I thought the tournament was fine though."

ORLY

Smash Master
I was talking to MacD on AIM about the PoE tournament yesterday. I forgot to copy paste our convo so I could quote him directly but I still remember the jist of it.

MacD: "I really would like to go back to the midwest."
Me: "Even with all of the bad reports of the PoE tournament?"
MacD: "Yeah, I don't know why everyone was complaining about that tournament. Even if the venue was smaller than it was advertised, it was big enough. Besides, that happens at a lot of smash tournaments. Also, there were plenty of setups. If anyone should be complaining it's me because I got my wallet stolen. I thought the tournament was fine though."
I would also really like MacD to come back to the Midwest. I can't get a rematch until he does!

Top Bottom