• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

Kels88

Smash Lord
Maybe you guys should stop being ***s and start coming to St. Louis for melee tourneys. If you guys show up then well hostem. Not to mention we know how to party as well.
ummm lol i do remember coming to the last melee tournament in St. Louis.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
quivo is pretty good, i'd wager on him going around even with LE based on what i've read from kirkq in this thread

yeah i dont know what legan is talking about, last tourney st louis hosted got like 40 something people, and you guys are hosting another one in october so somebody at least already knows that

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
More of the Midwest should come to MI tourneys! Last month we had 4 people from Chi-town make the trip to Michigan, then we sent 6 people to SCSYN3 ourselves, pretty awesome. Purdue is really ****ing far away... I don't expect any of you guys to drive 6 hours, because to be honest we probably wouldn't either. Therein lies the problem with our region. I really wish all the dead space in MI/OH/IN/IL would disappear so that we'd be a lot closer geographically.

kirkq

Smash Ace
quivo is pretty good, i'd wager on him going around even with LE based on what i've read from kirkq in this thread
The only thing I said about Little England's skill level is that I would probably "destroy him" (take that as perhaps beat consistently) if I had actually consistently had good people to play against for the last 3 years, just to clarify.

He actually is quite skilled, so you shouldn't underestimate him. He's definitely better against space animals than I am, and thus he would probably beat me in a head to head.

Maybe I'm just garbage at this game though.

Dart!

Smash Master
More of the Midwest should come to MI tourneys! Last month we had 4 people from Chi-town make the trip to Michigan, then we sent 6 people to SCSYN3 ourselves, pretty awesome. Purdue is really ****ing far away... I don't expect any of you guys to drive 6 hours, because to be honest we probably wouldn't either. Therein lies the problem with our region. I really wish all the dead space in MI/OH/IN/IL would disappear so that we'd be a lot closer geographically.
Plus the ONE guy from peoria :)

Quaz

Smash Master
Kirkq was the 2nd smasher I've ever played in my entire smash career. I remember him beating me with pichu, too good. (local friends dont count obviously)

slomo431

Smash Ace
That's who that is? HENRICK COME TO THE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND. WHERE YOU BEEN BOY?
I'm gonna try to make it for singles hopefully, but I'm busy with work and exam stuff til November. After that though I definitely plan on being active again.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I think it's neat how m2k moved here I'd think ohio would up their skill a lot
It depends on which game you're talking about. In Brawl, we're now one of the best/the best state in the Midwest (or at least MW:E). Melee is still dead here though because the majority of people retired or stopped caring enough to play it competitively.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't expect any of you guys to drive 6 hours, because to be honest we probably wouldn't either. Therein lies the problem with our region. I really wish all the dead space in MI/OH/IN/IL would disappear so that we'd be a lot closer geographically.
umm i drive 6+ hours to just about every tournament i go to and i know a lot of people that do the same or more for brawl.

melee players mad undedicated

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
umm i drive 6+ hours to just about every tournament i go to and i know a lot of people that do the same or more for brawl.

melee players mad undedicated
i know this is just a troll post but my previous post applied to brawl too. nobody more than a state away went to WI brawl tournies so we stopped hosting.

Teh Future

Smash Master
how was that a troll post? someone posted 6 hours like its omg far away but a lot of people do that regularly.

if you want to get better at either game you have to travel after a certain extent

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
how was that a troll post? someone posted 6 hours like its omg far away but a lot of people do that regularly.

if you want to get better at either game you have to travel after a certain extent
Anti kind of ***** that logic. Regarding other players, if anything, it's entirely location dependent if a player has to travel to get better or not.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kirk i was referring to LE's comment about you saying bigr, viperboy, and dope would destroy him

i'll go ahead and tell you right now, dope would probably not destroy you LE, hes pretty washed up compared to his former glory. still pretty nasty in teams once he gets warmed up, but his goofy combos dont cut it anymore with people not leaving the opportunities all over the place like they did in his prime

but ive seen quivo play against bigr, and ive played against all of the players in question (viperboy, dope, bigr, and quivo) and i'd say if they would destroy LE, then quivo would at the very least be able to hold his own. if they would not destroy LE, then i dont guarantee my statement

on the real though, quivo has a solid falco

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thanks Big D <33

If Ohio's Melee scene was still around, I'd compete. Unfortunately, there's barely a community. The only stuff I see is the Columbus Bi-Weeklies or whatever that Dlaw held

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm not able to show up to too many tourneys(screw you, work/school/weightlifting/running) but I'm definitely in this to improve lol. Pretty sure my next tourney is Hot Dickings, and I have a goal for that tourney, that's slightly better than my usual goal =P Typically I settle for getting out of pools(and I end up like never doing so), but this time...hmm...get out of pools and at least win 2 sets =P. Biggest hurdle I'm going to have to make is no longer SD'ing, stop making long *** mindgames that no one falls for but once in a blue moon, and to not get discouraged when I lose game 1 to someone I know I can beat. Plus, you're right, a PR would definitely be enticement to improve. Maybe then we won't have a Zelda whipping all our booties when Cosmo's ahead of you on the PR =P(Much <3 to Cosmo, no homo)

S'yeah. Etc and so forth, whatever you said for us to put at the end of our post >=D

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
I co-sign this. I am just getting back in the tourney scene after being out for a while, and I know I have a LONG way to go (considering the last 2 tournies I didn't even make it out of pools).

Dart!

Smash Master
I only say that because i play green fox and the matchup is hard to learn for me so far.

i can see this thread zombifying soon.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
xD

Well you see Dart, Fox has this really cool secret move and if you spam it you will beat Falco. *psst a little closer* (whispering) Just press down on the joystick and press the little red button on your controller. It's like grabbing with Marth except easier!

..hence one of the many reasons why I prefer that matchup lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
co-sign me on this too.

EDIT: I really really want an official Power Rankings thing for melee up! I dunno how those work exactly though lol. everything based on 2010 tourney results?

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
well, the first post seriously reminded me of myself like a few years ago, a similiar story, my present smash story right now is that now I only want to play for fun, that idea you have that I want to get better, I want to improve and all that stuff I used to think the same way, but whats the point in wanting to become a pro? because I assume thats what you are thinking, I can tell that thats right now on your mind, become the next ken for example, but the answer I gaved to myself over time is that that is a useless nonsense goal, what are you gonna get in becoming the best or one of the best?, of course, you can get a some money like mew2king or other top players are doing, but c'mon, you must know that it is only a game, a game is meant to be for fun and nothing else, just chill out, take it easy and enjoy yourselve, thats how I think.

Top Bottom