• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Why do we need more dumb stuff to do to Wario, lol?

Also you can only UTilt Peach DAiring you if you PS. You could in theory do it from normal shielding if she tries to go for another, just know if she lands it you can't, float cancels and all that.

Also I'm not quite gone, I just only play doubles anymore so I won't be around much anymore.

Doc King

Smash Lord
That punish would be great because of Peach's weight and floatiness and our up tilt being a good move.

Peach seems really easy to us because we have such a great killing advantages and can chaingrab her easy for her weight and can do many stage abuses and combos like d throw to buffered up smash on any upward slope. You just gotta use bair or up tilt if Peach goes for those dairs. It should be a +1 or +2 for us.

Olimar, I think that brinstar could be a good cp because Olimar is weak in the air and our character is strong in the air.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
utilt oos doesn't work on Peach's dair. She has the option to either retreat, land or nair before utilt comes out.
Brinstar's not a good idea for Olimar either really. I think. I'm only basing that off the fact that the best Olimar in my country seems to like it a lot.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I agree with Dean.

I think you would be better off trying to beat it out with up tilt than trying to punish with it.

Rofl Brinstar. Enjoy getting killed at 100% vertically, Dedede.

:phone:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Aero, I've been waiting a long time, but can you frame test Dedede air releases on Squirtle and Jigglypuff please? I'm just curious on what you can do with them.

Also, can Ness and Lucas escape grab release or not?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I know you've been waiting a long time, but I've been heaps busy with this thing called "life".

And my phone bill is going to be $400 so imma work overtiem nao.

Doc King

Smash Lord
That's completely understandable.

Does anybody know anyone else who has frame advance? I think Mariomaster has frame advance and he mains D3.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's pretty much a prerequisite to get into the Smash Lab to have Frame Advance.

Makes me wonder if I should apply.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
hey everyone im back after getting ***** this season solo maining d3 for the first time ever.
ive been in a rut ever since im not doing so good.

are you going to the Salt Mines III, 4God? i should be there and maybe you can teach me d3 stuff or we can team or something idk.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I got some random Falco advice. You should powershield grab Falco when he does his blasters. It works well and can connect.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Falco has +3 (might be +4 I can't remember) on perfectly cancelled lasers, so chances are he's grabbing you and not the other way around.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone im back after getting ***** this season solo maining d3 for the first time ever.
ive been in a rut ever since im not doing so good.

are you going to the Salt Mines III, 4God? i should be there and maybe you can teach me d3 stuff or we can team or something idk.
Yeah! For sure buddy. It would be cool to see you again :) No teams though. I suck at that stuff :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I got some random Falco advice. You should powershield grab Falco when he does his blasters. It works well and can connect.
I remember you being super hyped about that metagame minute thread where they showed people sdi spiking a planking MK.

You should watch the rest of the videos in that series, you might find learn something.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I just want to point out something cool, you can d throw to buffered up smash on the 2nd stage on Halberd to the edges on :marth:, :toonlink:, :peach:, :pit:, and :lucas: staled d throw or non staled (Although staled is frame perfect like the non staled d throw to up smash on flat stages on :lucario:). You can also d throw to buffered up smash on :mario2:, :luigi2:, and :diddy: (Non staled only and frame perfect).

I think that Halberd is one of :dedede:'s greatest counterpicks.

Also, what would be the difference of jump cancelling and non jump cancelling?

Edit: Sadly, this doesn't work with :popo: because they slide too far and the edge doesn't stop them enough to be able to reach them even though they have the same frame advantages as :marth:. :toonlink:, :peach:, :pit:, and :lucas:.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hosted a tournament last weekend.

1st out of 13 in doubles, 7th out of 37 in singles. Mostly Wario though. Still using D3 though. But I feel like I can grow more with Wario for now.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Same here, only I feel as though I could get farther with Falco.

It's sad, but I'm slowly coming to the realization that Dedede is an insanely hard character to main without a proper secondary.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
SexPuma: Did you know that if you buffer a shield drop -> dsmash during shield stun from getting hit by any unchaingrabbable character's get-up attack, the dmash will always land unless the character's name is Metaknight? Good for tech-chasing :)

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
You should tell me who that chick in your avatar is.
lululul
SexPuma: Did you know that if you buffer a shield drop -> dsmash during shield stun from getting hit by any unchaingrabbable character's get-up attack, the dmash will always land unless the character's name is Metaknight? Good for tech-chasing :)
sounds like somethin i'd have to practice <.<

∫unk

Smash Master
going off of 4god, you can shield buffer drop d-tilt/f-tilt many "hard to punish" attacks (and their buffered followups). tilting after a blocked attacked should be more common, especially vs noncgable characters.

it's also sexy because the mindgame of them thinking they have to block vs a ddd after an attack on their shield :)

add in dashattack to punish the upcoming spotdodge ^^

Exdeath

Smash Master
Frame data

not going to help
Wait, what?

Yeah, but I shouldn't. Giving up on Brawl. Don't really have fun with it anymore. Everyone just runs away from me, and none of the characters I enjoy can feasibly do anything to MK. I have a very aerial playstyle and the only REALLY good aerial character in the game is MK and...well, maybe Marth. But I suck with Marth. And it's not that I don't want to pick up MK for pride reasons, I just...don't have fun with MK. And I don't want to compete in a game if I'm not having fun.

I've said it before and was all dramatic about it but, this time I mean it. ****'s just too stressful for me anymore.
Did your region not ban :metaknight:?

I knew that ish was guaranteed. Olimars don't know ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8pc54BCZk

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For me at least, Metaknight never was the biggest problem with Brawl. It's more... the general defensive brokenness of the game. Defense is just so strong to the point of making anything else useless.

That, and all the characters I want to play lose to x move a character has that happens to lock/cg them stupidly, or are King Dedede and get laserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaser or pikminpikminpikminpikminpikminpikminpikminpikmin. I mean MK I could deal with. I didn't mind fighting the character on a stage that wasn't Brinstar. But with the stagelist only getting smaller the game is only going to get dumber and dumber. A large stagelist used to act as a counterweight to the incredibly degenerate defensive tactics some of the characters could do. I mean, Norfair, for example, favours almost every single low tier character and quite a few mid-tiers, because the large size gives them breathing room while at the same time the hazards prevent them from being hard camped out.

There's a reason Ice Climbers and Olimar are the characters doing the best in Japan. They have 6 stages. Of those stages, just using Ice Climbers, they have Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island Brawl, and Lylat Cruise. 4/6 stages are incredibly strong for them, and sure Delfino, but with one stage ban... Ice Climbers ban it and now you have to counterpick yourself. Olimar's also strong on all those stages, AND strong on Delfino too. And of course, Smashville doesn't hurt either character.

But w/e. It's almost 1 AM and I'm in rant mode. This isn't really going anywhere.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why is 4GOD so goooooddd???

Out of all the times I played him yesterday I only beat him once. Oh and made 3rd at the tourney.

Too good yo.

Top Bottom