• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
how the **** is chas number 1 in GA?
always wondered that. pretty much every day of my life.

edit: did some drama go down or something or what happened? did he hack something? idk i just cant get my head around that lmao. guess i signed on for the chas bashing.

Player-1

Smash Legend
how the **** is chas number 1 in GA?
always wondered that. pretty much every day of my life.

edit: did some drama go down or something or what happened? did he hack something? idk i just cant get my head around that lmao. guess i signed on for the chas bashing.
Basically our panelist has absolutely no discussion on it. Panelist are Reflex, Kismet, Micaelis, and DRN (Chas) and Micaelis made his list (I think he had me at first, but in reality it should have been kismet). Michael tried finding out everyone's list of what their opinions on it were....but it was like what their opinions were off the top of their head and reflex kismet and michael all had DRN as #1 for some reason and Michael got really salty because he shouldn't have been #1 and there was no discussion even though he tried to get a discussion going. 4God also should have been above michael, but the other panelist just put michael above him without looking into it a lot.

Like...during our season I was 2-0 against DRN once against his MK and once against his ZSS so MK banned or not I still had a set win over him and I outplaced him at every single tournament I went to except for Apex. Kismet also was 1-0 against DRN and outplaced him at every single tournament except for Apex. Me and Kismet were 1-1, but he made it to bracket at Apex and he had 2 wins over reflex so he should have been #1 imo. DRN also lost to 4God at one of the tournaments. 4God was 1-0 against michael and made it to bracket at Apex and outplaced him or tied with him at most of the tournaments (not all) so he should have been over him. #1 in GA gets 9th at AL tournaments (although, he did get ****ed over by the bad seeding that tournament so I'll give him that).

For DRN, it was pretty much Apex was everything for him and none of the other tournaments mattered I guess and like no discussion went on. I think part of his logic was like "I should have been 1st last season so I should be 1st this season" or something. IDK why that didn't matter for 4god over michael. Top 5 in GA IMO should have been:
1. Kismet
2. Me
3. DRN
4. 4God
5. Micaelis

but yeah DRN is a noob who doesn't let ppl upload vids of him.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Basically our panelist has absolutely no discussion on it. Panelist are Reflex, Kismet, Micaelis, and DRN (Chas) and Micaelis made his list (I think he had me at first, but in reality it should have been kismet). Michael tried finding out everyone's list of what their opinions on it were....but it was like what their opinions were off the top of their head and reflex kismet and michael all had DRN as #1 for some reason and Michael got really salty because he shouldn't have been #1 and there was no discussion even though he tried to get a discussion going. 4God also should have been above michael, but the other panelist just put michael above him without looking into it a lot.

Like...during our season I was 2-0 against DRN once against his MK and once against his ZSS so MK banned or not I still had a set win over him and I outplaced him at every single tournament I went to except for Apex. Kismet also was 1-0 against DRN and outplaced him at every single tournament except for Apex. Me and Kismet were 1-1, but he made it to bracket at Apex and he had 2 wins over reflex so he should have been #1 imo. DRN also lost to 4God at one of the tournaments. 4God was 1-0 against michael and made it to bracket at Apex and outplaced him or tied with him at most of the tournaments (not all) so he should have been over him. #1 in GA gets 9th at AL tournaments (although, he did get ****ed over by the bad seeding that tournament so I'll give him that).

For DRN, it was pretty much Apex was everything for him and none of the other tournaments mattered I guess and like no discussion went on. I think part of his logic was like "I should have been 1st last season so I should be 1st this season" or something. IDK why that didn't matter for 4god over michael. Top 5 in GA IMO should have been:
1. Kismet
2. Me
3. DRN
4. 4God
5. Micaelis

but yeah DRN is a noob who doesn't let ppl upload vids of him.
Thank you for the explanation. Everything makes sense now.

Except that 4GOD is top 3. :dazwa:

Xubble

Smash Ace
^ I was well aware of this, and I never met the guy. How the hell did YOU not know?

unsure if sarcasm or serious

Doc King

Smash Lord
Hey 4God, do you have frame advance? Like the thing Aerodrome does when he does testing about Brawl stuff.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Aw man, cause Aerodrome is too busy to test certain things and I don't know anyone else who can do it.

4God, I know a few kind of cool things you can do thanks to Aerodrome like you can actually d throw to up smash Peach and Mario on upward slopes and can d throw to up smash Marth, Peach, Pit, Toon Link, and Lucas, Diddy Kong, Mario, and Luigi on the halberd edge (2nd stage).

We can also forward air out of Wario's air release and waddle dee throw.

We even have this grab release infinite on Ness. It's like where you dash dance forward and back into a pivot grab when you ground release Ness (Ness can't air release as long as it's not a dash grab). Aerodrome actually made a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVzDhJOiSo&feature=youtu.be).

Sadly not much about Dedede's bad matchups, but it goes over many even matchups and most noticable matchups. It sucks how Dedede is so limited against characters such as Olimar.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Aw man, cause Aerodrome is too busy to test certain things and I don't know anyone else who can do it.

4God, I know a few kind of cool things you can do thanks to Aerodrome like you can actually d throw to up smash Peach and Mario on upward slopes and can d throw to up smash Marth, Peach, Pit, Toon Link, and Lucas, Diddy Kong, Mario, and Luigi on the halberd edge (2nd stage).

We even have this grab release infinite on Ness. It's like where you dash dance forward and back into a pivot grab when you ground release Ness (Ness can't air release as long as it's not a dash grab). Aerodrome actually made a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVzDhJOiSo&feature=youtu.be).

Sadly not much about Dedede's bad matchups, but it goes over many even matchups and most noticable matchups. It sucks how Dedede is so limited against characters such as Olimar.

Fair out of grab-release on wario I do; I would never waddle dee throw. Also, I would always rather chaingrab ness to the edge and place him offstage than deal with a doubled chance of tripping per downthrow. I think everyone can agree with that.

Yes, it'd be sweet to find some cool stuff on characters against whom we have a disadvantageous matchup.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

I shouldn't be so busy now, and I finally finished Skyward Sword, so perhaps if you (and even 4GOD if he wants) make a list of what you want tested, I'll have it done within the next few days.

I promise. =P

:phone:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Fair out of grab-release on wario I do; I would never waddle dee throw. Also, I would always rather chaingrab ness to the edge and place him offstage than deal with a doubled chance of tripping per downthrow. I think everyone can agree with that.

Yes, it'd be sweet to find some cool stuff on characters against whom we have a disadvantageous matchup.
Waddle Dee throw wouldn't have too much use, but it could be used to set up waddle dee or a Gordo kill :awesome:. Well, when you chaingrab, you have a chance tripping and as far as I know, chances of tripping aren't that common. Also, it's a grab release, not a d throw. I think the best thing to do is shield chaingrab him near the edge and then grab release infinite him. The fair on Wario can give us more options and mindgaming kills like if Reflex DI's away from you, you can fair and he'll DI to the KO screen and if he DI's upward, you can up smash and he'll DI to the KO screen. This can also prevent Reflex from putting in big DI on our finishers.

The Diddy Kong d throw to up smash on the halberd 2nd stage is something, but the only problem is that it can't be done stale, it need to be frame perfect, and very hard to perform as Diddy has bananas to cover them and you need to be in the exact spot. The positive thing is that we'll probably have Halberd as another good counterpick and our other good counterpick always gets banned.
why don't you just gordo instead of waddle dee?
Is there a way to set a gordo up everytime, if so, we'll have an amazing finisher on Wario and an even better matchup against him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you can change your Di in reaction to the situation, you know that right?

with something as slow as ddds grab release followups, you should always assume the guy is going to have perfect DI because he has nearly a second to watch you and identify which move hes going to get hit with and react accordingly

Top Bottom