• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I actually get what you guys mean now. I still like to find AT's and stuff. I mean in a lot of fighting games, not all AT's are gonna help a lot or even to a usual extent.

Is there someway where I can find hitboxes and framedata?
Dedede's frame data: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314753

Australia banned MK for some reason, but I wish he was unbanned tbh. It's just going to make more Olimar's and Ice Climbers. Eucgh. :glare:

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm really making jumps and bounds with my Dedede. And my college is gonna be doing a Brawl tourney really soon. It's nothing really big, just for students at the college; but it'll be a good start for my tourney career. ^_^

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Wow at the last few pages.

Taking a break from maining D3. Focusing on just becoming a better player overall. Need a new approach to this game. Wario has been working wonders for me lately. I'm still around and I'll get around to metagame stuff when Im not swamped in work.

Also LOL @ 4GOD....I didn't know you could troll.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Must break the norm and take something higher than 13th. >_o

Given that I'm already considered one of, if not THE best in the local area, I'm sure I could pull out a top 3 or first place. :dedede:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Welp. I got 5th. Losing to Vato and Mike. Yeah. Having everyone run away from me is pretty gay. Anyways. So Cal is not banning MK. And well, after Apex the Metaknight match up has not been fun for me. (And believe me, it used to really fun to me.) So I am just going to play Diddy kong against most high tiers now baybee.

Which actually isn't a bad pair to main. DDD for low tiers and Snake/Wario and Diddy for Falco/MK/Olimar/FOX. Helllllll yeah

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
When Mew2King came to Australia, apparently he 3 stocked some guy and during the match he was just staring at him.

Sounded amusing.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
but mew2king lost to ocean who got 3 stocked by ADHD who lost to me in a rainbow cruise only money match so im da bess.
That's cool and all. Except I beat Rich brown TWICE. Which is as many times as he beat m2K and that also means it wasn't a fluke win. I am the best.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Stupid question. Denti tells me that Marth can only upB out of dthrow if the DDDs buffering and timing and all is bad. I thought he could just ****in get out anyway cuz he slid that far.
Enlighten me.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also 4god. Is the jjv next to your name supposed to be a representation of Gods name? I just noticed that..

:phone:
I noticed this too.

Not to answer for 4GOD, but I don't believe it is a representation of God's name since that's usually rendered as YHWH or JHVH, which is essentially Yahweh and Jehovah respectively.

Although usually churches view the name as being "too sacred" to speak, as was the custom among Jews.

Funnily enough the Jews lost the pronounciation of their own Gods name due to the original Hebrew text having no vowels. Therefore when they Gannon Banned the name YHWH, they effectively forgot how it was said. :smirk:

Oops, soz for the rambling. I love history. ;)

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Haha, not exactly KID. Those are my initials. They were my tag back when I played melee competitively, so I figured I'd keep it just in case any one of my buddies remembered me here on SWF. My God has many names, the most famous being Jesus Christ. Also, Zekey's probably just stuck inside a rut that he fell into by mistake.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Aero you should. Not only was your guess correct, but your history was mostly correct also! Nice. The Jews were really scared of the idea of "accidentally taking God's name in vain, so they quit saying it out-loud altogether" (taken from the link below).

For those who are interested, the link below briefly summarizes the history of the name.

http://www.gotquestions.org/YHWH-tetragrammaton.html

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Haha, not exactly KID. Those are my initials. They were my tag back when I played melee competitively, so I figured I'd keep it just in case any one of my buddies remembered me here on SWF. My God has many names, the most famous being Jesus Christ. Also, Zekey's probably just stuck inside a rut that he fell into by mistake.
I.... I.. I gotta get outta here!

Doc King

Smash Lord
I got a couple things i wanna mention:

1) Peach's dair looks like it can be out of shielded into an up tilt or outranges it or is a good option to punish it.

2) Halberd, the d throw to buffered up smash works on certain other characters that matter. Might become one of our great cps.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I have something I want you to try Doc King since you seem to be more technically able compared to me, have more free time, and care more.

I want you to look at footstooling Wario after a air release while he's still on stage. What should happen is you will land behind him and have enough time to grab him while he's getting up. It should be an infinite because you'll just chaingrab him again across stage and repeat. Also, to footstool him you must buffer a dash out of Dthrow then jump right after.

Care to try it?

Player-1

Smash Legend
footstool doesn't force a get up, you'll have to hit him with something that locks and forces a get up while he lands on the stage.

Top Bottom