• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
we still have to deal with our harder match ups

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288406

might wanna read up on this too. In 1.1 DDDs mus become alot less stressful since falco/pika/oli lose their grab game on us pretty much. TL is harder to CG and Marth is unCGable. I cant say if MK would be any less gay imo. Needs more tournament testing.

MK getting banned is...very...unrealistic at this point. Like dew said, you either convert to the MK way of life and the MK method of playing or you just wont get anywhere without an additional year or so of learning a top tier character.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think its alittle bit closer to a more balanced world. There isnt much difference between 1.1 and 1.0 to begin with so playing experience stays pretty much par for the course

but im not one to push these views on other people, read if your interested if not it was worth a shot mentioning.

Back to mk..

I mean...you do know what banning MK is gonna do to our community right? All that red tape and bs we've already had to go through....

∫unk

Smash Master
there's an easy to execute and incredibly strong strategy to fighting falco (and certain other characters), provided there is no ledge grab limit (which would be the case without mk; there would be no special limitations until things were proven broken)

once you get the lead you fight where it favors you

not having to deal with lasers is fun lol

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that the matchup is more even if ddd is planking with the lead. probably in ddd's favor but i've never done it in tournament yet because of the lgl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have a friend that camps like a ***** with every character he plays, including ddd, and i will admit that its hard as fk to fight him with falco when he does it. probably even. but with the cg and low % combos that falco has, its hard to get a lead on him.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Banning mk > 1.1 knockback.
easier said then done kid

yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that the matchup is more even if ddd is planking with the lead. probably in ddd's favor but i've never done it in tournament yet because of the lgl.
you could still get away with it tho even with a lgl

Don't worry. They do that every so often since like the last 30 years.

We're a bit overdue.

:093:
yea...thats what scares me

ppl on these boards ask me why i ask if they made it home safely after tournies. Well, would you rather me say oh too bad you didnt die in a car crash? >.>

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Me and Susa live literally on the fault line. We're ****ed either way so we might as well live on LOL

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Lol, all's good homie.

So, guys. I hate ROB. I mean, I've never lost to one in tournament (only good one I've played was Mr. Eric at MLG C-bus), but I still hate the character. Futur3 in my area plays a really good ROB. When we were playing last night, I noticed how much I hate the MU.

IMO, ROB has some of the best close range and long range options in the game. Once I get in, I have trouble making my next move. I don't know, what do you guys do in this match-up? It's not a hard one, at all, but it just frustrates me what I have such a hard time with it. Good ROBs know their close range options. Maybe I'm focusing on getting the grab too much? Should I play more of a mid-range game with ftils and doos? I just really dont know.

Also, I couldn't find any good videos of this MU, so if anyone knows of any, please post it.

Also, don't say "omg you n00b just bair and grab lolol" because that can't be right. There's more to it than that. I know it's important, but I think there's something else I'm missing.

So, does anyone have a ton of good experience with a good ROB (Chibo, Ninjalink, Sil, Mr. Eric, t0mmy, Stingers)?

I feel like a retarddddd for not understanding it properly.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Me and Susa live literally on the fault line. We're ****ed either way so we might as well live on LOL
>:I thats not funny

Lol, all's good homie.

So, guys. I hate ROB. I mean, I've never lost to one in tournament (only good one I've played was Mr. Eric at MLG C-bus), but I still hate the character. Futur3 in my area plays a really good ROB. When we were playing last night, I noticed how much I hate the MU.

IMO, ROB has some of the best close range and long range options in the game. Once I get in, I have trouble making my next move. I don't know, what do you guys do in this match-up? It's not a hard one, at all, but it just frustrates me what I have such a hard time with it. Good ROBs know their close range options. Maybe I'm focusing on getting the grab too much? Should I play more of a mid-range game with ftils and doos? I just really dont know.

Also, I couldn't find any good videos of this MU, so if anyone knows of any, please post it.

Also, don't say "omg you n00b just bair and grab lolol" because that can't be right. There's more to it than that. I know it's important, but I think there's something else I'm missing.

So, does anyone have a ton of good experience with a good ROB (Chibo, Ninjalink, Sil, Mr. Eric, t0mmy, Stingers)?

I feel like a retarddddd for not understanding it properly.
i've played sneakytako both in bracket and in friendlies so ask away about rob. I've also played Silhouette another rob. All of our matches usually go down to the last hit and in bracket tako 2-1'ed me. Took me to game 3. Both of these ROBs are probably some of our best. I havent played Mr. E but he lives relatively close to me. N ironically i talked to t0mmy at MLG XD

Basically the MU is this;

CG him
force him to UPb
Bair
spaced Ftilt
Pshield

Thats how we win the mu. Now the part where he upbs is the trickiest part to wall him as usually they hold out on upbing with stalling with an aerial, projectiles, nair then upb. But if you see him upb'ing its a free bair wall. When good ROBs upb they'll use Dair to stall from above, Bair to move themselves forward or backword, and nair at or under the ledge. Be patient here because the hit box of nair can hit you thru the ledge, and the bair/dair stalling is to bait you into getting into a position they want you in. Dont fall for it. Wait for the read here and dee toss/spaced ftilt them to punish. Actually alot of ROBs aerial hit boxes are really large and have deceptive range with alot of telegraphed lag... Especially since these hitboxes often extend into ROBs body. Dont be fooled by it.

Never camp or stay idle from a distance. Rush them down. This is one MU where you gotta sort of treat it like Olimar, you have to keep getting into ROBs face and go for the grab. Because you wont win other wise. REALLY good ROBS like tako will angle ftilt to keep you out or to poke you, dtilt to ftilt at low %. Tako is one of those robs that if you keep shielding infront of him too much he will grab you and throw you in whatever direction is best suited for him to follow up[% wise]. Again thats where pshielding take care of that problem. ROB can also juggle DDD pretty well with his utilt and follow up with uair or nair. Mix up your approaches once you get close with spot dodging, pshielding, the occasional inahle, and bair if you can get it in.

Inhale can be pretty useful here as a mix up. Especially if your dropping in on them from above. However they can punish you with a projectile/angled fsmash/walk away if its too obvious.

Once you get inside a ROB will most likely start that spot dodge spam, to dsmash if they think your gonna grab them. So try punishing them with a spaced ftilt/bair/inhale. Dont try to grab them out of it.

ROB should never really approach you. But if he thinks he has to he'll use either a spaced nair, retreating fairs, or gyro[even a glide toss gyro to follow up]/laser> to follow up. Wait for the read and punish with bair/grab him out of the air/pshield projectiles and follow up.

Both gyro and laser have animation lag. Gyro has some after he fires it, and laser before he uses it. So its a free grab if you pshield the projectile. One of the things tako has a habit of doing is hes pretty good at using wave bounce as a sort of mind game. He'll charge his gyro, moving back in forth in the air to try and bait a action then punish. I believe we can cancel gyros that are uncharged with bair. I do not believe we can with fully charged gyros. When in doubt, pshield is the answer and z-catching also works when timed properly. Don't ftilt spinning gyros that leaves you open to punish, I typically rising air dodge to pick up standing gyros that are fully charged, and either punish ROB with it then follow up or toss it in a random direction to mess with him. Again let me stress pshielding, its what you should be doing for all projectiles in the game because you can literally punish them with a grab almost every time so that is something you must master espeically for this MU.

Don't forget, when your done CGing him, you can bthrow him or dthrow>dtilt to get him off stage. In my bracket match with tako, i actually dtilt'ed him away from the ledge a few times after he started upb'ing. Thats something to consider if ROB is recovering low.

Coney

Smash Master
you're not the only one

i ****ing hate fighting rob, that part of my hype video was actually completely true

the goal isn't just to get a grab, because ROB is too good at avoiding it. the goal is to get him in the air, above you, where he's quite literally ****ed. he has a huge blind spot below him and if he has to upb, all he has is nair to hit us.

it's a reeeally annoying MU, i agree. but it's still 6-4 for us i think.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I'll be ****ed if you ever get the opportunity to hit ROB from under neath him. But he does have a blind spot similar to Marths under him. So free damage if you get the chance to hit him from that position.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I play both characters, and I still find ROB annoying to fight with as Dedede, even when I know his options. ROB has a lot of blind spots, but Dedede has a hard time reaching them. I've really only played the MU against Sil though, so I think my opinions on D3 vs. ROB are limited from a Dedede's view, I have a lot more knowledge on the ROB side.

Yep, this was pretty much a pointless post. :) Feel free to ask me stuff though, I just don't know what to write here.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Good ROBs wont let you hit them from behind and from under them. =P So i usually just go for rushing them and stopping them from camping so much. Because thats where ROB beats DDD is when ROB can get the camping momentum going. When a DDD avoids these camping options ROB will end up eating alot of damage from throws and bairs. So keeping DDD out and in a spot where ROB can safely build damage is ideal to what ROB wants. Its so much easier to control DDD from a distance than it is up close.

Its also alittle harder to edge guard DDD with his jumps, upb. ROBs typically really like being able to gimp and are really good at it. The other problem ROB has in this MU is killing DDD at a reasonable % with his kill moves and not risking too much.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Seeing dark be honestly concerned about real people and giving legit matchup advice is very strange to me. does anybody else feel that way?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
You guys are all dumb lol.

You beat ROB by

Rushing him down with CGs
&
Dair.

Throw in the Generic DDD and there you have a ddd that should never lose to ROB.

I don't understand why people write up such huge reasonings behind why our character 100:0s another one.

ROB is trash and you just need to treat him like trash with DDD.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ironic when you told me ROB beats IC, only for me to see you get your ROB ***** by Meep on a live stream after he downloaded you lol

Seeing dark be honestly concerned about real people and giving legit matchup advice is very strange to me. does anybody else feel that way?
unlike some people, i actually care about others that need the in-depth help

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
D3's in depth MU summaries help a lot.

But vs ROB is such a stupid MU. Its easy though. Ive played a few good ROBs in my day and alln they can do is just try to camp. Rush down with CGs and Dair and Bair works very well. Lrn2pwrshield also. Makes the match a lot easier.

The main reason I hate this MU is because it goes to like the last minute like almost everytime lol.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i know how you feel dew....i feel the same way homski. Im moving onto SSF4 as soon as i get the basics down pat. My love for DDD is endless, but in this game? Not worth playing as anyone cept the top 4 imo.

but anyway, howd you do at that tournament
LOL wtf... homeski. BROSKi.

Why the hell is ROB so hard for people? Because his laggy projectiles somehow outcamp us??
The lag from both of his projectiles allows us to shield on time for EACH one. Don't just run in there not paying attention to HIM. When he makes a move, just shield on reaction every time. There's a reason why the matchup is easy for us 60:40. After shielding all the time, the rest is self-explanatory during the game:
Just play smart guys... losing to frking rob was a 08 problem that was solved already. No need to explain further than the facts that:
1.) We shield every time he's under the startup lag of one of his projectiles.
2.) During his usage of upB, he can't airdodge.
Just play. And don't play stupid lol :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Smart ROB's don't use projectiles when you're within shield -> grab range though, so that shouldn't be happening unless the ROB is bad. But yeah, hit him out of his up B, it's so bad. :p

DewDaDash

Smash Lord

You beat ROB by

Rushing him down with CGs
&
Dair.

Throw in the Generic DDD and there you have a ddd that should never lose to ROB.

I don't understand why people write up such huge reasonings behind why our character 100:0s another one.

ROB is trash and you just need to treat him like trash with DDD.
This. Rob is one of our easiest mus. Ya'll just bad if ur losing to rob

just read the mlg bracket discussion. Coney has to play malcolm. hehe

Is anyone as hyped as me over this set? I'm anxious to see the results lol.

Albert.

Smash Master
I was ****ing around with Jab

and I was like "hey this isn't that bad a move!" and then this CPU Falco Perfect shielded Jab1 and then fsmashed me before jab2 came out.

O_O

Coney

Smash Master
i lost to malcolm :<

i didn't slow down...just kept bairing his shield and getting punished. i stand by what i said in the interview thread; i like matches i'm not supposed to win because i feel less pressure. i hate pressure. :<

oh well! wish me luck tomorrow!

Top Bottom