• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
what option are you guys choosing for a person shielding on a platform above you (assume you can't platform cancel -> grab)

for both shielding on a lower battlefield platform as well as the higher one

Coney

Smash Master
if he's above me on BF, i sh nair. the hitbox attacks shield, gives him a chance of falling off to jab reset to grab, and acts as a bait, since i can shield immediately upon landing.

if he's on the middle bf platform and i'm on one of the sides, sh retreating fair. don't wanna get close to him, fair covers my front extremely well.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I agree. Usually wait for a reaction. Although I like the nair idea. Plus it's fast and can knock them off the platform if they keep their shield up, then you can follow up.

Also, junk can you post a link to that platform cancel vid or whatever that you have? How do you do it with d3?

Coney

Smash Master
i don't like reacting to what they do, because it gives them a chance to get away from me. i guess with my playstyle i'm constantly trying to apply pressure and be conducive to bad choices. i wanna stay as close with them as i can at all times, because i feel like that's when ddd is most effective; when he's in your face, scaring the bejesus out of you, all the while waiting for that single mistake and grabbing.

of course it depends on the character, though. i, for instance, will NOT sh nair MK on a platform above me. i'll just utilt. if i'm in the air and he shields, he can go through the plat and punish me with dair or, worse, nair, before i even touch the ground.

sh nair isn't really safe, per se, it just feels good to do on most people.

Coney

Smash Master
only against the characters i'm allowed to be aggro against

that means anyone not metaknight, falco, wario or sometimes snake

oh, and DK

aggro against DK is asking for trouble

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Inhale or Uair.

I'm not very good.
If the enemy is shielding on the right or left platforms of Battlefield, up airing them isn't even possible because the head of the hammer, which is where most of the drilling hitbox is, will go too far above the enemy's shield, allowing a punishment and less upair multihits. LOL I've tried it before back in 2008.
I like my precision.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Guys, ask TUSM some more questions in the in the interview thread. Come on, let's now let these boards die quite yet :)

Also, I was messing around with dthrow-jab on non-chain grabbables last night. I don't know much, if anything, that we can do with it, but I was able to successfully jab-lock to down smash or dash attack (that is, if they don't tech the initial dthrow.) I've saw Atomsk trying out some things with it in a few vids, so I didn't know if you guys knew any "for sure" applications of it that possibly work? Has anyone tried anything with dthrow-jab lock on a wall? Obviously they can hold up, but i think it could catch people off guard. I couldn't seem to get it to work though. I think you have to be the *perfect* distance from a wall, and hope they DI the throw into the perfect position. Not sure.

Also, trying to find some more applications of jet hammer (lol). Do you guys use it for anything interesting? Only use I've found if that it's *kind of* easier to hit on falling out of the air, since its hit box seems a bit bigger and hits below you. Or possibly reading after a dthrow.

I know both of these have been talked about before, but I'm just trying to get some discussion going in here.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Holy ****, D3 won a tourny! Good stuff Coney, keep it up! :)

Were there any vids?

Also, good stuff to TUSM too, first in pools and 5th is solid work :)

Let's keep this up guys!

Coney

Smash Master
sure, a bunch

Me v. M@V

Game 1
Game 3

game 2 didn't get saved :< omni trained me exactly what to do against falco, it's been reeeally paying off lately against every falco i've faced

Me v. KingToon

Game 1
Game 2

weird set, he's obviously real good but sd's a ton. lucky me?

Me v. GIMR Winners Finals

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

i got...pooped on, to put it kindly. he didn't mess up the CG and just outplayed me, baiting me with ease. i tried to go wario but...obviously that didn't turn out too good either. my wario gets nervous too easily because he's kinda uncomfortable for me to use so i do stupid stuff, like at the end of game 2--that panic up-b (ono)

Me v. GIMR Grand Finals

Game 1

only one game up yet...they'll all be up there soon enough, but that was the general pace of the set. he was dropping CGs and apparently hesitating, i was coming off momentum from just beating logic and played a lot better, specifically in regards to removing and killing nana

i'll edit this when more go up but all 6 were similar

Coney

Smash Master
Coney why Jab reset to grab instead of Jab reset to f smash?
i'm pretty sure they can powershield the fsmash, maybe not though

and in any case, at low percents i'd rather just bthrow and aerial tech chase than do *however much fsmash does* and hit them too far away to respond

i'll have to test it though...

Coney

Smash Master
i already have a bunch up so i didn't save any matches from this one

there are tons of me fighting logic floating around, this tournament was just more of the same...he sd'd once or twice though. i think the count was 3-1 in losers finals

Coney

Smash Master
olimar's probably my favorite mu tbh, him and i are really near each other for practice and i think we're 5-5 in tourney sets now. for some reason we have to play, like, every tournament @_@

Buuman

Smash Ace

Yeah, that's my halloween costume, I ****in trapped people all night irl.
Get at me

Also, not that it matters, but I knocked out logic 2-0 back at Cat4

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Awww thats a cool costume :3 I wish the celebrated halloween here in aus, but its generally frowned upon : <

So I'm thinking of picking up this character since he seems okay and fun. But yeah, dont know where to start really. haha

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
So I'm thinking of picking up this character since he seems okay and fun. But yeah, dont know where to start really. haha
First, you DThrow. Then, you Bair. Then you Utilt. Congrats, you've passed basic training. Your first AT will be.....I can't think of one....

Top Bottom