• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
im actually afraid to play warios that have played me a lot more than warios that haven't

you'll **** tomorrow

remember to wait all day day day!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
grab release -> u-tilt kills like ~15% earlier
I didn't know about that during orlando, nor any of the other grab releases other than up-smash LOL. I think I also didn't know what % the up-smash killed at back then. He was only the 2nd wario player that I've ever played up until that point since 08, so I had to rely on memory from a set recorded b/n afro and seibrik in 08.

But gj coney, beating bloodcross was good. Oh and what was the set vs seibs like? A ***** mu right?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Good stuff beating Will and Bloodcross, Coney! Also good work to Atomsk, Oli is so gayyy haha...

And thanks for all the ROB discussion. Like I said, I'm not BAD at the MU, and I KNOW it's in our favor. I just hate it and want to get better at it.

To everyone who said "omg projectiles so easy to block PS dun git hit." that's not the part that's hard. His projectiles are easy, and campy robs don't work that well against us. What I PERSONALLY have the most trouble with is his CLOSE range game. Lol, it's incredibly good IMO and he's good at keeping us out with it.

But thanks everyone for responding, I think my main problem is I focus too much on grabs in it. And atomsk is right, dair is a great move in this mu, and against many other large targets. It puts him in the air, where we want him.

Thanks for responding :)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Coney you did well at MLG so dont feel bad. Malcolm is very smart. You're still my favorite DDD lol

Oh and ROB vs DDD is so annoying...ban Yoshi's. They'll just camp under that platform all day. ROB so annoying..

Oh and I will start the next interview later Sunday. TUSM be up next.

Coney

Smash Master
thanks fellas

against malcolm i just never really collected myself and said "this MU is walling, stop running in..." and i paid for it hardcore. the pressure got to me; i was missing CGs and buffering uthrows and just being ridiculous

so when i went through losers i slowed myself down a lot. i had to use wario in bracket against an ICs. i actually kinda like ics against ddd now so it sucks but, with the small amount of lag on the TV i didn't feel comfortable going into it. there were a few times in friendlies where i would grab popo and try to buffer an fthrow, but i'd mess up the timing, get jabbed by nana and grabbed for a stock. wario fared far better, all things considered.

and nah, actually i did really well against seibrik...second game, anyway. first game as a 2-stock, high percent, second i was way behind and got a clutch swallowcide to tie it up. after some big reads i got him up to about 110 with me at 170...then i got offstage and got pressured and had to airdodge, got nair'd and died. but still, being one hit away from beating the guy that basically invented mk v. ddd is an honor.

proud of myself after my abysmal performance yesterday, but still disappointed i didn't make top 16. oh well, right? :<

Coney

Smash Master
did pretty well i guess fellas

starting to get really sad @ how i'm really only good with ddd though

oh well, at least he has the best theme in brawl

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I might be going to Dallas, I'm not 100% yet. I hope I can make it, though!

Coney, I've come to the same realization with ROB, I'm really only good with him, I'm still trying to improve my DDD though.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
^^ lol, even his worst move is still okay when you hit it on accident :)

Ivysaur, Pikachu (still decent), Zelda, Kirby maybe, Jigglypuffs isnt too good either. Maybe few others.

But ours is definitely up there. The only one I tuly think is worse could be the three above.

ZTD | TECHnology

I find our jab kinda sorta okay. I mean we can jab cancel from it (kinda) lol. Eh I just spam F-Tilt because it works a lot better.

And for me its like Snake and DDD have proven to do well for me but my bad MU still plague me. Warios used to annoy me but D3 handles that pretty well as well as Snakes. Olis still plague me :( I WANT to pick up Wario as more than just my fun doubles character but part of me just thinks I should just stick it out with Snake/D3. This is plaguing me :(

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should just keep it going with my two fatties or pick up a 3rd. I just don't know if I can manage three characters.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just like with falco, you all should try jab 3 at the ledge, its hard to DI through, but people dont want to resign themselves to having to DI off stage to get out, so it racks up a lot of %

Tmacc

Smash Lord
LOL. Nana taunted when you swallowcides, that was so beast.

And THAT GORDO. lol, spamming over b when getting chain grabbed from now on.

ZTD | TECHnology

We takin' over, son.

Also I will be updating my Laundry List thread today so if anyone wants to make a contribution post it. Gonna make things a little more organized and add a few more of the things people suggested as long as they aren't redundant, etc.

Also I've been feeling like I need a 3rd character for tournament but to be honest..I'm not sure I do anymore lol. I think I just need to trust in my two fatties more.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as long as your playing somebody in D tier or higher, it doesnt really matter what character you play, you just need to be skilled at the game.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
We takin' over, son.

Also I will be updating my Laundry List thread today so if anyone wants to make a contribution post it. Gonna make things a little more organized and add a few more of the things people suggested as long as they aren't redundant, etc.

Also I've been feeling like I need a 3rd character for tournament but to be honest..I'm not sure I do anymore lol. I think I just need to trust in my two fatties more.
lol @ the guy in your avatar, he looks kinda like tusm

Top Bottom