• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Actually against robs, you're not suppose to fish for grabs as much. They're really good at avoiding them, and it's how you end up losing =/
best thing is to get him in the air/offstage, and just hit him with fairs/bairs and your other aerials on the ground. Sad to say, but rob can actually hang with d3 on the ground as long as he keeps us out with amazing pokes and projectiles and whatnot. This matchup you wanna fight in the air as much as possible. Once you force him to up+b, just have a field day with that **** because he can't do anything lol.
You can also dthrow > buffer dtilt at the ledge for some free damage, and sometimes a surprise kill if things get a little hairy.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
my main problem was I didnt know how to edgeguard ike properly. Usually would cg to f-throw then ike would just up-b onto edge and get on platform to rack damage. Watching the vid im suppose to f-tilt a lot more his upb. Also I just learned after watching that you bair his upb when hes coming down if you time it right. I just figured id get hit by the upb or something.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Your best bet is to downthrow again when you get to the edge. Then they can either up B immediately or wait. Some of you may not know this, but you can fsmash ike's up B at the perfect distance. Sizing up that distance is very difficult and almost luck based (as to not get hit by the up B) but I've done it many times.

To get to the point: Downthrow ike off the edge. If he up Bs immediately you try for the fsmash I just mentioned. I don't know if there's any other options to the instant up B, I haven't found anything plausible.
If they WAIT before up Bing and you read it, GET DOWN THERE. You can get behind Ike and bair him without him being able to do anything about it. This is an instant kill at any %.
That's all I know, feel free to add more guys!

Laem

Smash Champion
dedede suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
hes boring to play with and against and gets ***** by everything
i might drop him(although historically ive used him to beat MK's (wait wut?))
some1 convince me not to

Laem

Smash Champion
hi gheb

i have some **** secondaries like MK(2 stocking biggad and doesnt afraid of anything)
and i might whip out dat snake/possibly marth more, besides wolf (who is pretty good like B tier at least)

dedede is just bad and can only shield
D3 boards, your turn(dw i might still use him to beat bad players)

Coney

Smash Master
tbh ddd is the only character i can play in this game for extended periods of time without getting frustrated (ness), annoyed (wario), or just plain bored (everyone else)

most people aren't like that though

diff'rent strokes i spose

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
my main problem was I didnt know how to edgeguard ike properly. Usually would cg to f-throw then ike would just up-b onto edge and get on platform to rack damage. Watching the vid im suppose to f-tilt a lot more his upb. Also I just learned after watching that you bair his upb when hes coming down if you time it right. I just figured id get hit by the upb or something.
Just read what they're doing offstage and just go for a bair or fair gimp... I do it all the time and I succeed.
Bair gimp mainly for yur overall protection and fair for a more powerful/ little riskier gimp. Either one is good for killing.

And everybody, spam ftilt against floaty characters like Marth and Olimar while THEY are diagonal to the cliff/ledge or when they are about to get on the ledge. You can get at least 2 guarenteed ftilts on them.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wait beefy, do olimar or marth even have similar floatyness..? im kinda confused, like i understand but like how can i use that advice on different characters[especially chars like fast fallers]?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
wait beefy, do olimar or marth even have similar floatyness..? im kinda confused, like i understand but like how can i use that advice on different characters[especially chars like fast fallers]?
:)
They both sure do have similar floatiness... On Samus, Rob, Peach, Luigi...
But on fastfallers like Fox, you can only get one ftilt in.
Not too hard to understand right? :) Let me know if you have a question still. But be more specific haha

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
o ok i think i see what you mean its more of the angle than the floaty ness

do u have other top secret tips bb

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hylian is coming over tomorrow to help me learn to use Ice Climbers a bit! Why? Because I think they are a cool character, I want to learn them, and I think they are a great pocket character to have. But most of all, I want to learn more about them and how to use them so I can better learn to fight them.

I'm taking the same strategy with MK, I've been using him more recently.

Pretty excited to learn a bit more about using ICs tomorrow.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont troll me atomsk

vs will you needed to play much more patient

gl with IC tmacc. They are pretty fun, but good god they have so many hurtful things they can do

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Being patient doesnt necessarily mean camping tho, in all honesty i dont know what you could of done when he got to the ledge like that. DDD doesnt have that many options for dealing with plankers either, its either hit or miss. I can only think of a few things, even then the stages you both went to were pretty dynamic.

hmm...after thinking about it for a few minutes. On picto, you could probably pressure him over to left side and let him plank there. Theres a couple of transformations that get rid of the ledge, the diagonal probably being the strongest one. The slants on the edges can help to poke him off with dtilt, so really it'd be a game about avoiding DKs aerials and either poking him with dtilt, or spamming dee toss n the hopes for a gordos-- dtilt at timed intervals, dee toss to be safe, and dsmash/fsmash/and maybe dair if you wanna risk it. And that'd be really all DDD could do even at Delfino. If it was me i'd prolly just do that, and after i got the lead? I'd run away and time him out and to be extra salty i'd play super gay. Why not? He doesnt wanna face me. So if he wanted to win he'd have to approach. Im pretty sure DK doesnt want to approach DDD at all.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I noticed in games 2 and 3 vs Will I became extremly reckless after the stage didn't play well in my favor.

Albert: it's a matchup i kinda know, you just have to deal through all the nonsense he throws and pray you get that bair or grab.

Coney

Smash Master
Hylian is coming over tomorrow to help me learn to use Ice Climbers a bit! Why? Because I think they are a cool character, I want to learn them, and I think they are a great pocket character to have. But most of all, I want to learn more about them and how to use them so I can better learn to fight them.

I'm taking the same strategy with MK, I've been using him more recently.

Pretty excited to learn a bit more about using ICs tomorrow.
wow that's funny, i'm actually just trying them out for the first time today! trying to learn nana's habits, i hate it when i separate them and she just slips right past me.

What do i do vs an extremely good DK guys
play safer :/

i lost to him too...all DK really has are fantastic reads, shield pressure and baiting. you just have to play safer and only take an opportunity if it's 100% guaranteed, i think. don't just stand in front of him shielding, he'll wait it out and headbutt you and then you're dead at 100%.

trust me, i have issues with this too. it's why i hate fighting snake also. but you really just have to wait for an opening.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I noticed in games 2 and 3 vs Will I became extremly reckless after the stage didn't play well in my favor.
One of the things offline playing has done for me has shown me a few things; in that the one DDD really has to choose times during the match in where he should/can play super aggressive. But then there are situations where you gotta be really super patient...coney kinda said it best when he said DDD is all kinds of extreme. Because its true. If you camp for too long, you risk taking too much damage, and if your too aggressive the same effect can happen.

Its all about finding the correct balance of aggression, and patients per player you fight. Definitely not easy to switch between the two when you got a good player your up against. Its something i've personally just kinda grown into unconsciously knowing when its time to get the **** out or put it away.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
The chain grab still really hurts DK tho. 6+ grabs and he gets like 20% free damage. DKs know they cannot afford to get grabbed.

However looking back at what other DDDs said...they said they were having trouble with characters on Delfino. So im not really surprised. Delfino isnt that much of a threat to characters DDD does well against, since well one of DDDs better elements against them[ie; gimping] gets lost in how delfino is designed. Theres really no risk of them dieing from gimping, so if they avoid the CG/walk offs/walls they know they can win. Theres also plenty of dynamic platforms for them to hide under or camp on.

Coney

Smash Master
delfino is more of a false threat than anything, like green greens

people perceive us to be incredible on that stage, like green greens, so they ban it. not realizing that we're pretty much average, it lets us work on individual counterpicks instead. learn a stage through-and-through and make it YOUR stage. people will usually ban delfino, and you can take them to your very most favorite place.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
@Atomsk...I think D3 needs to play REALLY safe against DK. Dk has some hard punishes, and with a few good reads, D3 is dead. It almost an even MU IMO with no infinite...I'd play it more patiently on stage, get your Bairs and grabs in, then play agrro when he's in the air. Also, IMO, dair is great in the mu, and against any bigger chairs. I like bair-dair and fair-dair a lot, it will catch then out of their shield and put them in the air.

@coney- are you teaching ICs to yourself? I tried that for a few days and was having trouble learning good dysyncs. I couldn't find a good guide like, anywhere. When hylian came over today, I learned so much so fast. It's a lot to practice, but I think it'll be worth it. Either way, if you have a good ic in your area (meep is kinda near, right?) I think it's easier and faster to see what they do and be able to discuss how to do it, options on what to do, and why you do it. That helped me the most today.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
bromacc please we have enough ics
Lol, I'm not completely picking them up. Just maybe using them for MK and other ICs, we'll see what happens. Plus, I want to understand them better, I like them as a character. I'm not dropping D3, he's the best character in the game, right? Haha, plus I <3 him too much.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yo DK cant approach, I just throw waddles then mixup running grabs/reverse bair depending on how I think hes gonna approach or w.e. He doesnt really have any options since he takes alot more punishment for a misread, then just make sure not to get hit by his gimmicks lol

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I usually take people to Frigate with Dedede. I don't really know why, I just feel comfortable on that stage. Also, I like Norfair. Again, call it odd. I really don't have much reasoning for it, other than comfort levels.

∫unk

Smash Master
Yo DK cant approach, I just throw waddles then mixup running grabs/reverse bair depending on how I think hes gonna approach or w.e. He doesnt really have any options since he takes alot more punishment for a misread, then just make sure not to get hit by his gimmicks lol
this

vs dk you need to know how to manage your cg pummels while maintaining the smallest cg possible

this is so your b-air is fresh to trade with his up b (and kill him asap)... sometimes they do random stalls with the up b and jump but you can stall longer than dk with your jumps if you time it right

this is pretty much the whole matchup

if they're really good at up b cancels don't go to smashville... seriously ddd doesn't have a lot of answers to up b cancels and on that stage he can pretty much do it from anywhere to anywhere (i think bf as well but that stage is smaller so at least you can chuck a waddle at him or put pressure on him with movement)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I usually take people to Frigate with Dedede. I don't really know why, I just feel comfortable on that stage. Also, I like Norfair. Again, call it odd. I really don't have much reasoning for it, other than comfort levels.
i like norfair too for ppl that can CG me

also wow @ op for invading our privacy. Stop trying to provoke people into entering our super secret penguin club god****it makes me so mad :fury:

Top Bottom