• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Sex Puma (best DDD in Florida right now IMO) 2-0d Xaltis the last time that they played. Xaltis is bad against DDD.

From his point of view you don't rate very well when compared with some of the people he's beaten before (ESAM, HRNut, etc.), so I don't think that he really meant it as an insult/disrespect per se, but rather that he didn't respect you.
He got quite upset while playing Sago and Leon as well.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm just not sure what to do with this character right now. I want to improve with him but then it's obvious that after this weekend, I am not using this character at his full potential either. Not even close. I'm just not sure where to go with him. I encountered the exact same issue with Snake in 2010. I'm afraid I'll want to stop playing D3 but I don't want that. Zekey was right...I just don't know my options with this character and I don't know how to actually get myself to the point where 4GOD, Zekey and Coney is.

Exdeath

Smash Master
He got quite upset while playing Sago and Leon as well.

I was saying that he probably didn't respect you because he didn't see you as being in his league -- not because you use :dedede:. You can choose to be insulted, but he didn't mean for you to be.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm just not sure what to do with this character right now. I want to improve with him but then it's obvious that after this weekend, I am not using this character at his full potential either. Not even close. I'm just not sure where to go with him. I encountered the exact same issue with Snake in 2010. I'm afraid I'll want to stop playing D3 but I don't want that. Zekey was right...I just don't know my options with this character and I don't know how to actually get myself to the point where 4GOD, Zekey and Coney is.
I felt exactly the same way with my main, so I changed characters and I still lose to the same people. :3

If you feel you know Dedede better than you know Snake or whatever character, you should stick with Dedede, since changing won't make you a better player imo.

It's depressing, but there's no way around it. The more you play a character, the more you'll get better. Even after playing my main since Brawl came out, I still feel I get better when I use her, but it's just not noticable since you've been using the character for such a long time.

Badly worded, and just my opinion anyway. lool

*goes to nap*

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Time to do some soul searching again. I'll probably stick with Dedede, but even when playing with friends it's more frustrating than fun.

Dedede's the only character I've played that's clicked for me though, so I'm about to go through like, every character...That is, when Brawl starts working again :V

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Honestly that's the reason I'm sick of being a Dedede main. It's just so frustrating when the jankiest BS is done to you, or when like... you trip, get annoyed, and pretty much everyone there agrees you deserved it for being Dedede :/

Xubble

Smash Ace
Only because I wasn't there. With my D3/Ganon knowledge, you would have been torn apart. :ganondorf:

If I was any good, at least. >_>

Doc King

Smash Lord
4god cares, he lives in the same region as reflex :troll:

4god bess.
lol.
LMFAO WOW REALLY!? GOD DAMN.

DDD also has a guaranteed d throw to d smash on every character on the ice of ps2 and the moving platform on sv.

Apex as gay. It rocked but I am kinda disappointed in myself.

1st round of pools I could not care enough to 2-0 everyone in my pools. Like I knew I was going to win but I let myself get sluggish and lost games for it.

Second Round of pools was just dumb luck. I had leon(0-2), a Marth ****ed me up for playing like an idiot. Sago(2-0) and Metaknight who I felt O was just better than. But A player I respected nonetheless. Xaltis(1-2) a falco player who went mk vs me 3rd game and had a little cheering squad. Honestly, I feel like I am a better player than he. And if not for my carelessness I would not have lost the 2nd game. He kept getting angry at every little thing. And those kinds of players do not respect their opponents. :/ It frustrated me the he had a coach the entire time to keep him calm. Otherwise his anger would have gotten the best of him and he'd have lost for sure.

And if that was not bad enough, 4th was Holyknightmare(mk, 1-2). Ally's brother. Holy was definitely a nice and respectable dude. After Xaltis I was happy to play him. 1st game was really close but he won. Second game I won solidly. And 3rd game ally comes up and starts coaching him in french or w/e they speak. 3rd game, with Ally's assistance, I get two stocked. :/

I ****ing lost to metaknight and coaching. (Lost to double mk in teams too)

I am sure I could have beaten any of them. Vs Xaltis I kept messing up a lot of turn around buffers which messed up many punishes. Either way that was not a satisfying way to end Apex for me. I did not achieve any of my goals for the tournament.

I conclusion,
Coney is definitely better than me.
4GOD is probably better than me.
And plus Atomsk we are the top 4
DDDS.
4GOD is also like a hella cool guy. <3
Same a coney and Atomsk.
TC is pretty quiet and puts off a weird vibe. but he's okay.
Kid Goggles is kinda annoying. And was a little better than I thought.
Kaptain was pretty obnoxious for half the time I saw him.
Player-1 was actually a nicer than O expected.
Player - 3 was not as nice as I expected, but after was played he was cool.

And I never got to do my mm with player 1 or 3. I think I'd lose to player 3 but beat player 1.

And if I played 4GOD in bracket I'd gay him and go G&W. =]

I also hella wish I had his r2 pools but what's done is done. :/

Time to pick a new character... Diddy I think.

The other lightweights can DI out of the down throw and escape it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm not gonna argue about anything, but just saying, D3 is a high tier character as of now and that D3 can chaingrab Puff on the smashville platform and on the ps2 ice stage. No he can't.

Edit: I'm actually gonna argue one thing. :awesome:

You know, it really pisses me off how ppl keep saying D3 is all about the mother****ingchaingrab **** when he actually has a garenteed dash grab out of an air release on Squirtle and he beats Zelda easily, while getting his *** whooped by Diddy and the Climbers.

This **** is really getting depressing as ****. This will pretty much kill brawl for like D3, Game and Watch, Rob, and Zelda mains. People don't use Zelda because she's bad enough to be the second worst character in the game but not bad enough to gain a following (unlike Ganon who people use simply because of how terrible he truely is)

I really hope smash 4 becomes like the 1st and 2nd game and not the 3rd because this game is just horrible.
tencharactuersssaaa

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys my name is **** (Keekay) but this thing apparently means something bad or dont know lol. Im from Dominican Republic and Im a Fatty penguin main. Im going to upload some videos soon so you can see and criticize me.

PD:

Which game did Coney beat Otori, 1 or 2?

ZTD | TECHnology

Hey guys my name is **** (Keekay) but this thing apparently means something bad or dont know lol. Im from Dominican Republic and Im a Fatty penguin main. Im going to upload some videos soon so you can see and criticize me.

PD:

Which game did Coney beat Otori, 1 or 2?
Nice to meet you!

Coney took Game 1 from Otori. He just made a critical CPing error Game 3. Everyone does it every once in a while. Still hella proud of him. M2K got his *** two stocked twice in the Exhibition Set between him and Otori and Coney takes the first game with DDD.

DDD.

Dude, you will ALWAYS have my respect.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok I see. Japanese players adapt pretty damn fast to the players. Which stage did he CP? I would like to see the replay. I can barely find Coney´s replays on youtube :S.

Which is a good stage to take Metaknight? I like to take them to Final destination.

Oh and just before I forget, can someone tell me which are the top 5 DDD from USA and a foreign top 5 too? :3

allshort17

Smash Ace
Oh ok I see. Japanese players adapt pretty damn fast to the players. Which stage did he CP? I would like to see the replay. I can barely find Coney´s replays on youtube :S.

Which is a good stage to take Metaknight? I like to take them to Final destination.

Oh and just before I forget, can someone tell me which are the top 5 DDD from USA and a foreign top 5 too? :3
Would you like Top 5 of all time or as of now?

C.J.

Smash Master
I see 4GOD posting a lot.

Yes, that guy is amazingly nice and fun to talk to.

/goes away again

Doc King

Smash Lord
One thing I found that can improve our recovery a little bit is when you up b to the highest it goes while moving towards an upward slope (A good example would be the Yoshi Island slope). D3 will land pretty quickly and will be able to cover himself a little bit with the stars. I think it can be a little useful to us.

Xubble

Smash Ace
^ I do this a lot. Most people don't expect D3 to land as quickly as he does, and those who are there to edgeguard generally get sat on/hit by stars. It's nifty since it leaves us with as few vulnerability frames as possible.

Not sure how helpful it is, but another thing is that on stages with sloped edges (i.e. Battlefield, Smashville, etc.), SDJ will basically move you up the slope and over the edge. If positioned correctly, you can basically hit the opponent with the hitbox as you come over before they have time to react.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow, that's cool. This would help us with recovering more since our recovery is very predictable. Sometimes, ppl can't react in time and end up getting hit by the stars.

Another random metagame improvement is that we can d throw to a turn around bair on Wolf on upward slopes.

I'm pretty sure this would give us a very legit kill move on Wolf on counterpicks. Pretty small AT, but it's got it's uses.

allshort17

Smash Ace
So if we're on the topic if random Dedede things, I have something things to.

The most important is this. You all know that if you do a double jump Dair it perfectly autocancels, right? So, what I am going to start doing is running off the ledge or the end of a platform and immediately DJ Dair'ing to get the autocancel faster. Some ways I've already thought of using it in:

*Edgeguarding (especially after the CG)
*Shield pressure
*Comboing (Something that could work on stages with platform if you run off the ledge DJ Dair cancel, then immediately doing a full hop Dair to the platform above. It should also autocancel, allowing you to do another full hop Dair to a platform [if there is another one above you] or get a follow up like grab, Upair, ect. They can SDI out of it though.)

Also, I already posted about the inhale windbox before but will do it again because I found a few new things. You can:

*Full hop inhale and pull them closer
*Short hop inhale to pull them closer ( at a specific range though)
*Face your opponent and cross-up inhale to pull them behind you.
*Short hop inhale an opponent on a platform to pull them do you.

And just other things I want to try out

*Doing more Dthrow to Dtilt on the edge of platforms. I feel it's underused.
*Autocanceled Bair to Reverse Dair. It seems like a legit surprise follow up
*Fsmash immediately after the CG. I believe even if it doesn't hit, it can force an airdodge and limit their options.
*Finding ways to get opponents in the tech state (don't know the offical name) by hitting them onto a platform. For example, I know you can hit someone with a Ftilt or Dair and hit them onto a platform into the tech state. But, I don't know at which percentages it works at.
*This probably won't apply for long, but on Brinstar if you Dthrow a unCGable character into the pit thingy when a few "goo balls" are missing then you can set-up a buuman trap or other follow-up in there because the small wall on the sides prevent them from rolling out.
*Exploiting the hitbox extension from hitting waddle dees/doos. Could be used for mind games.

What do you guys think? Could any of these be useful? And what are the flaws in any of the ideas above?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
DThrow to DTilt is legit. Also I wanna see more Dededes learn to use DThrow to BAir on the... two characters we have it on. At least one of them is Snake.

AC BAir is heavily underrated, yes I want to see more use of that.

FSmash after the CG is meh. It's an interesting mixup though and I can definitely see it being an interesting mixup, though I generally prefer to use Dash Attack for that purpose, since it just goes so far offstage.

Official name of the tech state is "Ukemi" ftr. But nobody calls it that. Also sounds somewhat legit what you're talking about... loads of testing though.

Brinstar stuff is meh. I'd rather focus our advancement on universal stuff than stage gimmicks.

I like to extend dash attack with waddles. Very limited in use though unfortunately :/ You can use them to extend DAir/UAir to make them last longer to catch people though.

Also I have a couple of tricks I like to use, but most of them involve waddle dees and doos. Mostly CG, BThrow into Doo laser, the grab breaks and regrab and continue the CG backwards. It's somewhat useful but it can be a little hard to do, since DThrow can knock away the Doo. Also I've been finding jab can be an interesting way of trapping the landings of slower characters in the air, since it tends to lead to a grab but you do a little more damage.

I just wish we had more stuff safe on block :/

Doc King

Smash Lord
We also have a d throw to bair on Charizard. Where you just immediately turn around and cancel the turn around with a bair.

We should practice our Snake stuff like d throw to jump cancelled up smash, d throw to bair, and our buffered pivot infinite. If we do, we can get even more solid top tier matchups.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Something I've been working on, I've gotten it to work on Mario a couple times at least:

FF Nair > Jab1 > Jab2 > Grab > CG to edge > Bthrow

I did it in Training Mode with Mario at 0%, but I assume it could work on some of the heavier characters at lower percents. Could be a nice way to rack up the damage, somewhere around 45% if it goes correctly. Can someone test it for me? I would, but my TV isn't very nice lately. >_<

ZTD | TECHnology

THE Prophecy...AT LAST!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/rare-white-penguin-spotted-antarctica-213152350--abc-news.html

In the great book of Penguinology, legend speaks of the day that the rare White Penguin of Rebirth will brought into our world. For He symbolizes, rejuvenation and is the embodiment of New Beginnings. This sign was predicted by the great prophet CO18 back in the year 2008 A.D.

We are a people of great resilience and our struggles seem to know no end...but fear not penguins for this is the moment we have been waiting for! Continue to bare with me my brothers and sisters...the Purging of the Black Bat has taken place and the rise of the White Penguin has arrived. Salvation shall be upon thee who continue on the Path of Penguinism!

Now bow your heads in silence and pay your respects for this sign will lead us into the upcoming year.

Amen *****es.

:dedede:

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Lol @ TC. Good stuff all_short keep it up! And Doc King, I know you're all about the little things but it's great to have someone like you contributing here as well! I very much appreciate the little things! They'll help me take close games.

Check this coney vs ic match at 1:45. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCCJDNeS4s

Is it just me or was the ledge hop dair shorter in height than normal? I'm annoyed when I try to ledge hop dair characters and I miss because their models are so tiny. Can you control how high you ledge jump?

Doc King

Smash Lord
From what I've noticed, Coney in 2nd game was just handing around on the top platform of smashville. I think a good way to avoid those annoying infinites of the climbers is to stay on platforms and the air a lot so you can prevent yourself from getting infinited.

We should probably ban and strike Final Destination. That stage is pretty much garenteed for easy ways to infinite characters with climbers.

Top Bottom