• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
all daydaydays make it out of pools?
Well I'm out of pools.

I held my own against Snakee but lost 0-2.

I lost to 0-2 to K Prime as well. Game 1 wasnt bad at all. Game 2 though...he just completely **** on me.

I also lost to this Devon3000 person. Should have went D3 the whole set. I dont know the Kirby MU though.

I...feel kind of emotionless right now.

And as far other D3s...dont even ask because pools is no where near finished yet. We've started like 20 pools and there's 80 of them total. lol This is gonna be a long night.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Well I'm out of pools.

I held my own against Snakee but lost 0-2.

I lost to 0-2 to K Prime as well. Game 1 wasnt bad at all. Game 2 though...he just completely **** on me.

I also lost to this Devon3000 person. Should have went D3 the whole set. I dont know the Kirby MU though.

I...feel kind of emotionless right now.

And as far other D3s...dont even ask because pools is no where near finished yet. We've started like 20 pools and there's 80 of them total. lol This is gonna be a long night.
Did you win any of the pool sets?

Xubble

Smash Ace
Evidently, I was destined to fight Salem and MeekSpeedy in doubles with Golden-psyco. Unfortunately, that never happened. And I'm not sure if I would have been able to hold up since Salem is obviously one of the best ZSS players and MeekSpeedy is a great Sonic player. And those two MUs scare me to hell and back.

Instead, I got to watch Ocean and Karamity from Japan put them in the losers bracket. Good set, gotta respect Japan.

I didn't get to watch ANYTHING besides that match and the one before it with san and Ripple vs. some other two I don't recall. Nonetheless, my thoughts were filled with cheering for any D3's that played. Go Zekey!

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Zekey got 1st seed out of his pools. Coney and I got 2nd seed out of pools. I had a good set with Ikon's IC's. He's played very well! Game 2 was pretty hype haha! It went to time and I was winning in percent until the last second when he squalled me in the air for the percent gain. It was pretty fun :D

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow, that's pretty cool. It seems like our metagame is going off a little bit into like timing out people. (Like how a lot of characters have improved their metagames)

Good luck in the tournament :dedede:'s!

∫unk

Smash Master
Wow, that's pretty cool. It seems like our metagame is going off a little bit into like timing out people. (Like how a lot of characters have improved their metagames)
It's been that way for years, way before you even graced these boards.

The reason you don't see it often is because there's no incentive to play like that in anything less than a national.

C.J.

Smash Master
OH GEEZ
Correction time:
Correction mr.r/meekspeedy/4god need to play a mini-round robin since they are all perfectly tied for 1st place in that pool

Doc King

Smash Lord
It's been that way for years, way before you even graced these boards.

The reason you don't see it often is because there's no incentive to play like that in anything less than a national.
I see. I've been only on smashboards since like 2011 so I wouldn't know.

Tesh

Smash Hero
SAAAAAAAAAAAALT ALERT :salt:

2 DDDs make it into bracket and are facing first round.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Well on the bright side, at least we get to see the biggest pride D3 ditto in history.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Looks like there are no more D3's going. :(

Oh well, proud of Coney and 4GOD for actually MAKING IT into the bracket. Good job, guys!

Also, I wanna see that ditto. :awesome:

Coney

Smash Master
was really close and tense, game 3, screamed when I won

out now, got 25th...took otori to 3rd game but lost to the same stupid sharking bull****, **** metaknight

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
long story but basically he was sandbagging, we're in the same crew and were just happy we both got to bracket after I beat mjg

Coney

Smash Master
they didn't have ddd on stream, ever

here's my entire bracket tourney experience in a nutshell:

find out i have to play 4god first, am scared as hell, have flashbacks of when i beat CO18 @ pound 4 and got noticed...we play, decide no infinites (he takes a minute to think) and trade the first two games with solid wins over each other. he takes me to PS1 third game and i establish a commanding lead by the end. he starts chaingrabbing me to even it out and it starts getting REALLY close...like, 150 vs 140. i suddenly bair him and he has bad DI, i go off-stage and grab the ledge which forces him to upb onto the stage so i can utilt him. really REALLY close set.

otori, i go in thinking i'll probably have to go ness game 2 if i get ****ed up game 1. i don't. i win game 1 pretty solidly and get a pretty lucky gordo kill. someone tells me to ban neutrals--they only play on neutrals, he says--and like an idiot, i go against my gut and ban SV. i should've just gone back to a neutral, i was definitely outplaying him anyway. he takes me to delfino and despite me gaining a pretty sizable lead, he starts sharking and tornado'ing perfectly and i can't touch him. same thing happens on my CP, halberd (bad CP, but he banned FD and the matches were almost going to time even without camping, so PS1 would've been an awful choice). got really mad. **** metaknight.

played poltergust next. was scared because i have very little yoshi knowledge. fell into some pretty obvious stuff pretty regularly and kept getting hit by eggs constantly. not really much to say here, went to game 3 in a pretty close set, he's really really good. game 2 was funny, i tried to kill him with CG > dash attack when i was at ~200. of course, he shields, and fsmashes, and we both turn to each other--"you shouldn't have done that" "yeah yeah yeah i know lmfao"

against gnes...i just...felt hopeless lmfao. like, actually hopeless. he'd get me off the ledge and put a banana in front of it which covered standard getup, roll, getup attack. the banana in his hand would block jump getup because of toss>fair. whenever i would get in he would just jab > grab and throw me away, or just trip me if i didn't shield perfectly. i don't think this MU is that bad but at the tippy-top level, it's probably just as bad as MK or ICs tbh.

and that was my bracket experience...25th isn't so bad, my goals were to get top 16 and reseat as top ddd and i feel like i almost did all that, so i'm not upset at all. i just wish i could've taken out otori and saved our nation :teeth:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So this weekend opened my eyes to a few things. I had a lot of fun and MMing Leon was something I never thought I could do. Meeting all of these people that I only talk to on here was also really awesome. But...I realize that I am trash at this game. I don't really deserve to be PRed at all. Like why am I even ranked? The amount of skill and ability these top level players just makes me look and feel vastly inferior. I need to put in like WAYYYYYYY more work before I become good. I realized this after losing a MM to Goggles when I could have won. Story of my life. Something needs to change with me...I'm just unsure of what it is now. It is apparent to me that I don't know all my options and that I really need to stop fishing for the kill. I lost so many matches that way. And yet, I know these things and just can't seem to consciously prevent myself from falling into bad habits. It's dumb.

Still...best tournament ever. Poorly ran...lol....but best experience ever.

Doc King

Smash Lord
was really close and tense, game 3, screamed when I won

out now, got 25th...took otori to 3rd game but lost to the same stupid sharking bull****, **** metaknight

lol at the first match.

I have a question, are their gonna be any matches of you on YouTube?

Coney

Smash Master
not from this tourney, nothing of mine (or any ddd for that matter) got streamed, singles or doubles. if something does go up, it'll be from a third party that i'm unaware of.

Top Bottom