• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lets be real tho, currently at this moment in time, whos new tech is more useful?

also, was the stuff in the video i linked really not implemented by anybody before now? cus it seems like a set up like that should be old news at this point.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I thought people already knew about the shield platform stuff. It's one of the setups for laser locking that falcos found out back in 08.

I just don't find that much use for it since most players that are above average know you can jump out of the fall state at any time. If someone doesn't do that though, by all means use it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yep, GIMR has already released a video about falling off a platform whether from shielding or being hit off and the followups that can be done from it, and even then most people should have known about it.

Some characters can jump out, others cannot (Snake etc).

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucarios would advance their metagame if there was anything to work with besides aura sphere charge :(

All the interesting things lucario can do involve extreme speed... And yeah.

And the only lucario move that resets is sourspot Nair so wtf. Lol

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. i wasnt talking about the mechanic in general, i was asking if anybody else uses that specific set up that was in Vexs video, because thats close to 50 % in guaranteed damage on some characters and Ive never seen anybody do it that way before despite the fact that it seems really basic.

2. whether you can jump out is not dependent on how good of a player you are, its dependant on the fall speed of the character, the height of the platform and the direction the character is facing.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Cool beans on the vid, I wasn't aware of all the ins and outs of it.

But I have not seen anyone use that combo, but it seems kind of cool.

Has anyone here faced the other way to bait bairs after sliding off the edge? I used to do that a lot, it can be used as a fair mix up in some situations with almost any character.

Doc King

Smash Lord
note to doc king.

when trying to improve your characters metagame, this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HtBuodI2U_8
is the kind of general total game plan thing that you should be focusing on, instead of janky niche, character/stage specific crap that is too hard to implement effectively
To be honest, this looks just as effective as the AT's I've found. Also, wouldn't this be pretty stage dependent since it has to be on those platforms. I've wanted to do some testing on things like these.
To be fair most characters are probably at the top of their metagame already.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0pWtsVTEo&feature=related

April 2011.
I agree. There really isn't much being discovered out there that really changes the game. It's also how this game lacks combos, AT's, and options.
1. i wasnt talking about the mechanic in general, i was asking if anybody else uses that specific set up that was in Vexs video, because thats close to 50 % in guaranteed damage on some characters and Ive never seen anybody do it that way before despite the fact that it seems really basic.

2. whether you can jump out is not dependent on how good of a player you are, its dependant on the fall speed of the character, the height of the platform and the direction the character is facing.
Slope infinites zero death top tier :wario: and high tier :lucario:! :troll:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm looking at dtilt's tripping atm. The initial attack needs to have low enough knockback to keep them on the ground to trip.

As far as I can tell!

It gives you approximately a +16 frame advantage, which is enough to grab chaingrabbables and d-smash non chaingrabbables.

I'll keep looking into it.

Edit: I wonder if you could dtilt (trip) > dtilt (trip) > d-smash? Hmm.

Edit 2:

wtf is this ****?

Jab 3 is +4 on hit at the very minimum?

<insert wtf face here>

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Double post because +1 post count:

Jab1
-13 (For Dedede to put up his shield or do anything else); -5 to next hit

Jab2
-5 (For Dedede to put up his shield or do anything else); -8 to next hit

Jab3
+4 (minimum hits); +7 (maximum hits)

Ftilt
-9 (first hitbox)

Utilt
-7 (first hitbox); +2 (last hitbox)

Dtilt
+16 (trip); -11 (normal hit)

F-smash
-23 (strong hit)

U-smash
-19 (first hitbox); -15 (last hitbox)

D-smash
-10 (first hitbox); -1 (last hitbox) <--- note I forgot to test this last one, I'm just reading the frame data

Dash Attack
-8 (first hitbox); 0 (last hitbox) <---- same as the last hibox of d-smash

Fair
-22 (Not AC'd)

Bair
-1 (Not AC'd)

Nair
I FORGOT TO DO IT LOL

Uair

Dair
-28 (not ac'd) -8 otherwise

---------------------

Uair and dair are tricky. Having such a long duration and precise hitboxes which all probably won't hit the opponent, I'm at a loss on how to test it. :/

Does anyone find it ironic that hitting a shield with your jab is more beneficial than actually hitting your opponent? It's like Sakurai tried to punish players for hitting each other.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Uair and dair are tricky. Having such a long duration and precise hitboxes which all probably won't hit the opponent, I'm at a loss on how to test it. :/

Does anyone find it ironic that hitting a shield with your jab is more beneficial than actually hitting your opponent? It's like Sakurai tried to punish players for hitting each other.
Just have target character get hit by a spaced specific hit and SDI back out on the same frame.

I don't view jab as being safer on hit than block, but rather as it being a tool against defensive options since hitting with Jab 2/3 nets solid rewards while Jab 1/the start-up loses to offensive options.

What percent are these hit advantages at? IIRC there's a known formula to scale it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Just have target character get hit by a spaced specific hit and SDI back out on the same frame.

I don't view jab as being safer on hit than block, but rather as it being a tool against defensive options since hitting with Jab 2/3 nets solid rewards while Jab 1/the start-up loses to offensive options.

What percent are these hit advantages at? IIRC there's a known formula to scale it.
That's a good idea actually, I'll try it.

Also, jab isn't really safer on block than hit, but it's REALLY damn close to it, and on a certain parts of the jab, exactly the same.

These were all at 0% on Lucario btw. =)

Doc King

Smash Lord
Would there be any easy way or easy strategies/good ways to perfect the Yoshi infinite?

I dk is this really matters since it's a low mid tier, but it could probably help us with our metagame.

There's also this thing where you can full hop up air and down air onto BF platforms and you can drop through platforms to a double jumped up air and down air. These all can cancel landing lag.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oddly, I'm good at the :metaknight: matchup with :dedede: from playing the reverse all the time lmao. Thanks Zakkkkkk. I think the funniest thing is to inhale the top of nado. Absolutely horrid vs :diddy: though.

:018:

allshort17

Smash Ace
So, this weekend I'm going to go on a Dedede video marathon considering I won't be playing smash any if all this weekend. So, I plan to watch current videos of:

Coney, Zekey, 4God, Isotaku, Skerelex(if that's how you spell his name), and Seibrik

I also wanted to watch older videos of Atosmk, CO18, and 9B. Any other Dedede's I should watch or does anyone have any good specific videos I should watch (new or old)

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Except Coney played the MU badly and was just getting frustrated the whole set. (I saw that **** in person).

DDD Vs Diddy is not as bad as olimar or MK.

@ Allshort, watch Ganbarani or how ever you say his name and Commander Beef and Junk. Also old old school Aero and Teba and CPUSoCal

Top Bottom