• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
omg DE shut up lol
how bout you quit being a huge black **** and make me

yo seibrik if you wanna start some **** lets go, dont hide behind someone elses back we all know you like prancing around

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea brik, dont be a **** just because youre right...
nah im kidding, youre right so feel free to be as big a **** as you want.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
guys I just learned something new with DDD

True Story

So i was playing with masky last night and apparently you can grab release and bair wario. You can also up-tilt him somehow after the grab release, tho I didn't quite figure out how. I think you have to small step or something then u can up-tilt automatically.

So i got two questions. How exactly do i get the up-tilt to work on grab release? is it done with a small step? Because if it is does that mean then that you can't do it at the edge since he'd fall off in the process? Also with the turn around b-air after grab release, can it work also with full hop or just short hop? I got it to work pretty consistently with turn around s-hop b-air but didnt really try out the full hop

All i knew about previously was just the grab release up smash from watching seibrik vs afro's wario like 2 years ago xD.

And the DDD metagame continues....

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think with Grab Release > Utilt, you have to take a step forward. Also, I never tried it, but I want to see if turning around, then utilting will work. Grab Release > Bair, I don't think it really matters if you full hop or short hop, it's very hard to mess up.

But yeah, this has been known for a while.

i still dont understand your name...
Stone Temple Pilots, the name of a band.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol GR to Utilt is old news, you can even GR to Dsmash on Wario. But to answer your question, yes, you have to small step into Utilt on Wario.

effing ninjas >_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Grab release stuff.

if you slightly tilt your control stick up and forward while youre grabbing the wario, he will automatically walk forward when you let go, and up tilt when you hit the A button.

makes it a bit easier.

for the record, you can also hit wario with a short hop fair out of the GR.

Coney

Smash Master
i lol'd when one person said he was gonna pick up ddd and everyone clamors NONONO DON'T DO IT, ddds are so unsupportive

including me

GR stuff has been around for a while, grab release bair on wario is amazing if his bike is still on the stage. if you fight a wario that specializes in bike tricks, put the bike somewhere out of the way (like the top platform of BF) and just chaingrab to grab release bair, his recovery suffers terribly for it

GR utilt is apparently easy but i've never been able to do it because i'm hilariously untechnical, doesn't really matter though, usmash is just fine for most purposes

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so on the rare chance that you grab a wario, with his bike onstage, after he double jumps, and with out a fart... What do people think about the idea of grab release forward smash?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i realise that its too slow to combo with. Im asking what people think of using the bad situation, and the fact that the wario might not know that he doesnt have any of those 3 things to score a low percent kill.

similarly to how you would pull down throw to f smash on an opponent that you knew was trying to spotdodge the chaingrab.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
If you know exactly what they will do, possibly an option. But still slow, and leaves better options. However, could be a good mind game if you need that low percent kill.
What's this about a grab release infinite on the edge? I didn't know we could do that to Wario...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Grab release infinite? never heard of it, nor do I think its true.

Can we get a knowledgeable source that knows of every GR? Oh and no pointless GR's like GR > Gordo -_-

Seibrik? Co?

∫unk

Smash Master
im insuniating that good di helps avoid the deaths.

"di is involved on every hit."

i practiced mk and used him this weekend to deal with heavy camping and mlg stages. yay for nado.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Grab release infinite? never heard of it, nor do I think its true.

Can we get a knowledgeable source that knows of every GR? Oh and no pointless GR's like GR > Gordo -_-

Seibrik? Co?
It's old, but it works.

I'm not look for the video either.

And I'm hurt :( I'm not knowledgeable of a character that I main?

EDIT: LOLOLOL Junk when I mean "died" I mean I laughed at it.

Top Bottom