• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea beef, i've read some lucarios have stressed pretty hard to always save the second jump. Im serious when i say i love wolf a lot. Hes got some very cool and unique things going for him. But god**** that bair he has is just sexy beyond words.

Yea im saying i would ironically do it. Its still a gay match up for Wolf, however i think since i got a leg up on DDDs moveset and his over all character i think i'd have a chance. Would i do it in a tournie? Nah. I'd rather get on Falco/wario/snake for that.

That quote i compiled all of innocentroads videos into one and just quoted it inside my post to make it easier to group together and read.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
yea beef, i've read some lucarios have stressed pretty hard to always save the second jump. Im serious when i say i love wolf a lot. Hes got some very cool and unique things going for him. But god**** that bair he has is just sexy beyond words.

Yea im saying i would ironically do it. Its still a gay match up for Wolf, however i think since i got a leg up on DDDs moveset and his over all character i think i'd have a chance. Would i do it in a tournie? Nah. I'd rather get on Falco/wario/snake for that.

That quote i compiled all of innocentroads videos into one and just quoted it inside my post to make it easier to group together and read.
So cool..... but yeah Wolf's sideB is so much similar to Falco's and goes the same range. It's just that it's a lot harder to cancel with Wolf's. If you've seen DEHF's Falco recover against all the Meta Knight's he's played against...he just immediately sideB's back to stage after getting hit once offstage without using the jump. That's a good example. Wolf's cool and unique moves like his fsmash/dmash/bair/shine/uair...yeah it's so underrated huh? :)
Oh and that quote was thoughtful to combine. lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
underrated like alot of other characters like ZSS, ROB, PT, Ness, Fox, and DK. I love all of their bairs quite abit. Plus other moves that are unique to just them <33

i need to look up how to scar..more often than not i kill myself in a lip

True Romance

Smash Ace
Oh and Romantic and C~Dog...I plan to get more videos in the next week or so, and update ,my video thread. It's been a while since I recorded some.
That would be awesome man.

I hope to get some more vids up for you to critique in the near future as well, I've become a better player since the last set you critiqued but my D3 is much rusiter so it'll be interesting :p

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Sorry, I meant to say almost no D3 mains in the parts of the country that matter.

Oh snap!

Nah for reals, we need to rep D3. Chaingrab *****es all over the place >:c

underrated like alot of other characters like ZSS, ROB, PT, Ness, Fox, and DK. I love all of their bairs quite abit. Plus other moves that are unique to just them <33

i need to look up how to scar..more often than not i kill myself in a lip

Then, you'll like Wolf won't you since his Bair is like the best of anyone in the game. I just wish it was a large hitbox like DDDs for easier aiming.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Sorry, I meant to say almost no D3 mains in the parts of the country that matter.

Oh snap!
I'd feel more snapped if we weren't the sexiest brawl state in Aus ;) Oh and the most talented :p

It will be good to have some more D3 mains in Aus though, I think Jupz has taken a break from brawl so we have to carry the flag lol. I don't know if I can spam as much as he did in the D3 boards but I'll try!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm an idiot obviously, reposting in proper location.

Also, wolf's bair is amazing, anybody seen the hitbubble for it, aiming should not be a problem.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Then, you'll like Wolf won't you since his Bair is like the best of anyone in the game. I just wish it was a large hitbox like DDDs for easier aiming.
easier aiming? how? Wolfs bair already has really good range and speed to it. Thanks to his mobility he can RAR it really well and perfectly spaced Bairs are hard to punish.

Hey, since you guys don't seem to have a standing FAQ thread and this isn't in the chaingrabbing thread, wondering if you guys could help me on this, the ledge/off-stage infinites, I've got 2 questions.

1. Wolf, DDD, I know it works on them, anyone else?

2. How situational is it, as in is it a situation where if your initial grab is in one location you could do it, but in another you can't? I'm only concerned about guaranteed here and I'd appreciate it broken down by character unless universal.
Vayseth said:
Chapter 3.2: The Wall-less Standing Infinite Grab

The Wall-less Standing Infinite Grab can be performed on 4 characters in the game: Donkey Kong, Mario, Luigi, and Samus. The others require some sort of a perfectly spaced set up to work. Donkey Kong is by far the easiest to chaingrab. You can literally mash the throw button after each D Throw and manage a regrab 90% of the time. The other three require some explanation.

As I said in my video, the others cannot be successively chained more than 5 times before the D Throw stales and they can no longer be chained. Ankoku and I actually used this information to not only prove that the move stales but also to prove that there were only 9 moves in the stale move list. Here's how:

If we assume there are 9 moves in the stale move list, then my move list on Donkey Kong when performing the Wall-less Standing Infinite Grab would look something like this:

D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw, D Throw
(with each successive D Throw replacing the first one in the list over and over)

The problem with Mario, Samus, and Luigi is, after 5 successful D Throws, they suddenly are no longer in reach. SCOTU discovered the reason for this. The problem is the waft itself stales which screws up their trajectory and does not allow for a regrab. Why is this? No one really knows. If the waft stales it would make more sense that they move closer not out of your reach but then again, that's one of Brawl's great mysteries. Anyway, to make it an infinite combo, we would have to ensure that there were no more than 5 D Throws in the stale move list at one time. If we add a single pummel in between each D Throw, the stale move list looks like this:

D Throw, Pummel, D Throw, Pummel, D Throw, Pummel, D Throw, Pummel, D Throw
(therefore, the next stale move list would have 5 pummels and 4 D Throws and would rotate constantly in that order)

Because there are never more than 5 D Throws in my stale move list, the D Throw never stales enough to make them miss the trajectory, so they will then be stuck in the grab infinitely. The only problem is at lower percents you probably will not be able to guarantee even 1 pummel in the chain, so this is only an infinite at higher percents. Even then, you must buffer in a hit and buffer in the D Throw immediately for this to be a true infinite.

Chapter 3.3: The Wall-less Standing Infinite Grab on an Edge

For some unlucky few, the Wall-less Standing Infinite Grab works on them but only when they are spaced perfectly on an edge, and the timing is the most strict of any chaingrabs listed so far in this guide. You have to buffer in the down throw immediately or they will break out due to being off of the edge partly. It really screws with the game's physics. The characters who can be infinitely chaingrabbed over an edge are: Bowser, King Dedede, and Wolf. Of the former characters who can be chaingrabbed anywhere, Mario is the only character who cannot be chaingrabbed infinitely over an edge, no matter the situation. This works the exact same way. Obviously, because of the spacing, it is stage specific where you must grab each character to make the infinite work, but there is a way to get it on almost any stage.
source; http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237961&highlight=hate

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
gl you'll need it!

remember there are 35 characters in brawl, 23 of which can be CG'ed. You do know what that means right?

this means you gotta make sure you sit on each and every single character in the game. There wont be no 12,000$ pot for you son unless those penguin butt cheeks get to work!!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i am only stating mere simple facts of life. v
v

i mean you gotta take care of your bird and in return he sits on things for you. And you know no one is gonna survive 100 pound weights on your opponents back. Its just not possible god drat it

Tmacc

Smash Lord
CO and Atomsk, you guys bettah reppppp D3 hard...I would love to see a D3 place in the top 8. :D

Good luck! I'll be watching the livestream.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i am only stating mere simple facts of life. v
v

i mean you gotta take care of your bird and in return he sits on things for you. And you know no one is gonna survive 100 pound weights on your opponents back. Its just not possible god drat it
Yes stating the simple facts of life..... King Dedede is the life.
Although I've seen him try to deal with the ice on Pokemon Stadium 2...and boi does he always slip around/trip around! Penguins are suppose to grab the ice with their feet in Antartica!!

That would be awesome man.

I hope to get some more vids up for you to critique in the near future as well, I've become a better player since the last set you critiqued but my D3 is much rusiter so it'll be interesting :p
Hooray sounds fun! I'm looking forward to your new improved king............. ^_^.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
see thats one of the many reasons why PS2 is gay and shouldnt be used

besides its much more entertaining to footstool gimp someone on halberd when the stage rises up

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'll be either going to MLG Raleigh or Columbus. It really just depends on what people I like the most are going to which event ;3

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the only problem with teams at columbus is that it'll be a side event kid, it may or may not happen. Other than that yea im down if we both place well

Will there be a 2v2 competition?

Yes, there will be a 2v2 competition on the Sunday of the Event Weekend. Registration for this event will be 10$ a person, and registration will be on-site.

Do I need to register for a singles pass if I only want to play in the 2v2 competition?

Players won’t need to have participated in the SSBB 1v1 Event in order to participate in the SSBB 2v2 Event, but it will go a long way towards ensuring a spot. The 2v2 Event will only support 64 Teams and we will have more than 128 Players in the 1v1 Event. We will be offering spots in the 2v2 Event to the most highest placing 1v1 Players. So, someone who didn’t participate in the 1v1 Event and Players who played poorly in the 1v1 Event might not be able to play in the 2v2 Event unless others decide that they don’t want to play.
source; http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271264

imma need to practice for this so that you know i have a decent enough chance to get into 2v2 lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
LOL!! Hysterical shiet. "Every time I see this guy I wanna PUNCH this motha ****aa...."
Honestly, I hate those pictures of Tidus with that ugly smile/his arms on his hips and stuff lol. Some are cool but those really smiley ones are muckin gay.
So funny though holy crap. One thing I have to say to is.... this guy needs to suspend the disbelief of things in a video game if he's going to like video games more. Just my thought on that.
OH CRAP I STARTED A FLAME WAR. GET THAT ADULT IN THE VIDEO AND POST SOMETHING TO ME

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
here is a re cap of FF10

HAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAWHAW HAW HAW
HAW HAW HAW

god that game was just so ****ty beyond words

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/ffx/Images/20-5024e38184471fb28d11742834a947a45c683b81.jpg
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/ffx/Images/23-w05js1.jpg

i mean how does Wakka throw a loving BASKET BALL STRAIGHT 500 yards to hit a flying dragon?!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
LOL!! Hysterical shiet. "Every time I see this guy I wanna PUNCH this motha ****aa...."
Honestly, I hate those pictures of Tidus with that ugly smile/his arms on his hips and stuff lol. Some are cool but those really smiley ones are muckin gay.
So funny though holy crap. One thing I have to say to is.... this guy needs to suspend the disbelief of things in a video game if he's going to like video games more. Just my thought on that.
OH CRAP I STARTED A FLAME WAR. GET THAT ADULT IN THE VIDEO AND POST SOMETHING TO ME

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
all that matters is that he sits on people

oh **** M2k is in the same bracket co is ;_;

T3h Albino

Smash Master
CO got knocked into losers by dekar's diddy. =/

Sexpuma is up against the best player in MD/VA. He happens to be a snake main, so lets pray puma can take him out!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i know right, i mean honestly why play this crappy character when a guy in a jump suit, a aids flea infested monkey and some guano ****ting bat are the only things that really matter

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Snake has been neutered. He has no ****. (see MGS2 - "Clones with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out").

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, it's a line from Solidus Snake where he's explaining to Snake how they're clones and they can't reproduce or some ****.

But yeah, Raiden has no junk either. And yet he has a son in MGS4. wtf?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Snake isn't a problem for Dedede, and really Diddy isn't either. However playing Diddy is probably one of the kings most frustrating matchups along with olimar, and really really campy MK's.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Playing Diddy is frustrating for everyone, he changes the entire approach to the game unseen since Chudats ICs first showed up in Melee.

Came in here to congratulate Dedadash, so yeah, good **** to you.

Top Bottom