• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Playing Diddy is frustrating for everyone, he changes the entire approach to the game unseen since Chudats ICs first showed up in Melee.

Came in here to congratulate Dedadash, so yeah, good **** to you.
Except its incredibly easy for DDD to be retardedly overwhelmed if you make a mistake unlike most characters. Alot of characters can just fight diddy regardless, DDD needs to move like a really slow brick wall against Diddy, taking his time.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Idk Crashic, fighting diddy with Luigi, MK, and Falco is pretty fun. But when I play the matchup with Dedede it's like if I get hit with one ****ing banana I end up with like 40+ damage by the time i'm finally back in the neutral zone.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Playing Diddy is frustrating for everyone, he changes the entire approach to the game unseen since Chudats ICs first showed up in Melee.
i totally agree with this statement

Except its incredibly easy for DDD to be retardedly overwhelmed if you make a mistake unlike most characters. Alot of characters can just fight diddy regardless, DDD needs to move like a really slow brick wall against Diddy, taking his time.
and this one, although we could also say IC in brawl also do similar things.

it sucks having a large hit box and not having any aerial movement in some MUs

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I always found Diddy easier to play against as Dedede because of his weight and the fact that Diddy can't kill. However, MK has better counterpicks against Diddy and a much smaller hitbox, which is a big deal.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yea, keep him away from neutrals as much as possible. I like Rainbow Cruise or Brinstar personally.
I was always under the impression that he was pretty good on PSK1, too...

Also, did CO18 and DewDaDash D3 ditto, or who switched off?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
id feel alot more comfortable taking diddy to brinstar over frigate/cruise tbh, i mean rainbow has plenty of long platforms and has a platforming section. While frigate pretty much stays the same cept for flipping, and moving platforms for both transformations.

CO18

Smash Hero
tearbears smart and he really abuses mk well lol

first match i won on castle siege 1 stock 16% or so.
2nd match he won on brinstar last hit
Then 3rd match since we were both just being campy ended up me with like a 40% lead with 50 seconds left then slowly timer was running out so i knew hed go for kill moves so just kept back throwing him and walking away(I cped frigate btw)
Also I just thought about it when playing tearbear since he waits for up tilts really well just sit there letting him think ur gonna up tilt then shield at the last second since he wont able to move away and get free grabs/dsmashes, prob wouldve been able to beat him easier if i thought about it earlier but i just thought if it towards end of last match since i wasnt getting any up tilts

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
CO18............ I saw an AiB blog with the final results and seeing you beat ksizzle... WITH MK. Grrr... you doing the ditto seems unhonorable.

I really thought a King Dedede could beat a Meta Knight at this level of play without Meta Knight outgaying/outcamping the DDD. -_- *****!!

Albert.

Smash Master
CO18............ I saw an AiB blog with the final results and seeing you beat ksizzle... WITH MK. Grrr... you doing the ditto seems unhonorable.

I really thought a King Dedede could beat a Meta Knight at this level of play without Meta Knight outgaying/outcamping the DDD. -_- *****!!
What are you talking about?

MK18 beat KSizzle with WARIO.

CO didn't fight KSiz in Brackets.

Coney

Smash Master
heya fellas

i decided to get really active this past season and finally got ranked

bit lower than i wanted but hey, just glad to be on

check it out, hoorj

though this isn't impressive anymore, what with md/va's poor showing at MLG. yuck.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
ddds doing well?
They sure are doing well... in regions where there are less Meta Knights. Lucky *******s. :)

By the way, That was the joke Serin. Gates stopped playing brawl, and he was sarcastically assuming that he used wiichuk when he didn't.
Am I finally correct about something of this nature? I've gotten better at detecting on the internet.

Great job guys!!
Though it's impossible to get ranked where I am, I could care less lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
as long as you met a daily quota of sitting on baddies and ***gitory, your all good

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lemme rephrase that.

MKs that don't know the matchup are even.

If they know the matchup extensively, you're ****ed over.

CO18

Smash Hero
u just have to sit there and react iz lame but it works. Seibriks prob the best at the mu but he gets lucky alot too soooooo w/e

M2ks prob the hardest to beat but thats just cuz hes m2k not cuz hes the best at the mu and i shouldve beaten him game1 at winterfest but other 2 he beat me solidly

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah, thats what I do because being aggro gets you ***** by people who randomly nado then all OOS mks play so differently so just sitting there and reading how they approach and countering it is just 10034343X more effective.
Then when I have to approach I walk like 70% of the time to try to put them in a bad position and get them to do something obvious

Oh yea and atomsk vs tyrant was last Hit I believe, set couldve gone either way and he barely practices that mu anymore lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I agree. Might as well put up a tent, light up a camp fire and just watch for bats over head.[and hopefully not get **** on god****it]

I totally know what you mean by aggro players. I've played falcos and pikas that get totally aggro on me when im on DDD and i just
as i watch them tech roll into another bair, or side b into a bair/dsmash

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Me too. That's really good advice, I feel I get too aggro in a lot of matchups in general, which leads to an opponent chaingrab or nado or other dumb stuff I should be more careful about. I'm gonna try to work on patience tomorrow when I got to the weekly smashfest.

Top Bottom