• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
*Sigh*...It's a terrible decision but I'm over it. However It feels like some of the epicness was killed now. Especially now that I know M2K and Shiz aren't playing regardless....

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Why is it always America vs. Europe

STOP with the whole Europe 1 - America 0

It's about the players, not where they come from.

Brag when Europe beats America in a crew battle.

Good **** to Armada is it was just a mix up.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Wow how can you use those norcal forums rules when the rules here are different and Mang0 and Scar played a best of 5? The fact that Mang0 and scar played best of 5 just debunks your argument...

But it's over now, lets focus on the future that is hax vs zhu
Good **** your official an idiot.. How can people post before they learn to read?? pretty impressive

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Wow how can you use those norcal forums rules when the rules here are different and Mang0 and Scar played a best of 5? The fact that Mang0 and scar played best of 5 just debunks your argument...

But it's over now, lets focus on the future that is hax vs zhu
mango and scar played a best of 5 only because this was brought up. They where going to play a best of 3 then chibo screwed up.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
My head is spinning with all this suspense.

But it sounds like M2K accepted his fate. I think we should too. They both played very well. Besides, he somewhat got his revenge on Mango...I'm sure he's ok with it.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Oh wow, they definitively should have played the remaining matches, now USA will john forever =/.

Seriously, I do think that they should have played the Bo5 since it's in the rules etc, but remember that it's not Armada's fault. Anyway he won 2-1 when both players thought it was Bo3, so it's still almost "legit".

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure it was enforced because of what this front page said, not because one person decided to say it was 5/3. Chibo wouldn't "mess something up" because he can. There is obviously reasoning behind it.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
LOL!

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Do you know what that means? That means that only Winners finals, losers finals and the championship are best 3/5. Armada vs M2k was a semifinals match. That means, that mango vs scar WAS NOT supposed to be 3/5 LOL. That means CHIBO ****ED UP the entier tournament. That means Armada legitly beat m2k, and all the other posts were just 20 pages of spam.

:)
That link was updated in FEBRUARY.

The front page of this was updated in JULY.

Logic says that JULY comes after FEBRUARY. The most recent changes to the ruleset should be taken into consideration. Therefore, when the ruleset in JULY includes semi-finals and the ruleset in FEBRUARY does not, that means that semi-finals should be a bo5 when the ruleset in JULY says so.

With this threads updates being more recent, they would have had time to change the ruleset if need be. This ruleset should be taken into consideration, not the one in the page everyone's linking that still has stages up for consideration (so it obviously isn't the final ruleset).

Also also, it says until winners/losers semi-finals are reached. You seperate the "/", and it's winners semi-finals or losers semi-finals, not semi-finals of the entire tournament like Ankoku was thinking.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Zhu is now about to play M2k; hax even though he has lost is about to play darkrain(who alo lost) to determine 7th v 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom