• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBMaaron

Smash Cadet
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

-DBR Genesis offical ruleset- GG

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

This isn't about Europe vs. USA at this point.

This isn't about Europe's reputation and America's reputation.

This is about M2K possibly losing a chance to get $2,000 dollars because D.B.R decided to let the set be best of 5 on one side of the semifinals bracket, but not the other, because D.B.R decided to go back on their own ruleset and be stupid.

Quit with, "LOL IF THIS HAPPENED 2 ARMADUH J00 WOULDN'T CARE" or "EUROPE SUCKS THEY ALL GET ***** BY US" Neither player or country is at fault here.

Everyone's acting really stupid and ignoring the fact that this PERSON is getting gayed because of D.B.Rs poor decision, not that America's getting ***** or Europe only won because of this or americavs.europe other BAWWW Q_Q ****.

am I cool if I quote myself?

Also, read the front page. The front page was updated on 7/8/09 and says semis along with it. When was that ruleset last updated?

And it doesn't change the inconsistencies with Scar and Mango playing bo5 while Armada and m2k played bo3.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
"Sets are best of 3 until Winners/Losers bracket Semi-finals are reached. Semi-finals to Grand Finals will be Best out of 5."

No johns.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
As far as I can tell, it was a silly misreading of the rules.

Keep in mind that semi-finals means the matches before the finals. In a single elimination bracket, that's the top 4. In double elimination bracket, the real semi-finals are actually the winners' and losers' finals.

This seems to be written out properly in Norcal Smash's forums:

http://norcalsmash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52&sid=b819ed01cb723e0760d479b64c4fa0b4

I'm not sure where the argument that "M2K and Armada agreed to a best of 3 set" came from, but if that was actually what was used to refuse the set from continuing, then it's stupid. As far as I can tell they weren't allowed to continue the set because they weren't supposed to, and people wanted them to continue the set because Scar and Mango played best of 5.
thank you ankoku, i hope this is 100% correct

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'm all behind Armada if this fuss was all about a misreading of the rules.

GO EUROOOPE

LLDL

Smash Hero
LOL!

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Do you know what that means? That means that only Winners finals, losers finals and the championship are best 3/5. Armada vs M2k was a semifinals match. That means, that mango vs scar WAS NOT supposed to be 3/5 LOL. That means CHIBO ****ED UP the entier tournament. That means Armada legitly beat m2k, and all the other posts were just 20 pages of spam.

:)

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Wow how can you use those norcal forums rules when the rules here are different and Mang0 and Scar played a best of 5? The fact that Mang0 and scar played best of 5 just debunks your argument...

But it's over now, lets focus on the future that is hax vs zhu

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
am I cool if I quote myself?

Also, read the front page. The front page was updated on 7/8/09 and says semis along with it. When was that ruleset last updated?

And it doesn't change the inconsistencies with Scar and Mango playing bo5 while Armada and m2k played bo3.
the page being updated has nothing to do with the rules changing. There where a lot of other things going on in the 1st post.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Wow how can you use those norcal forums rules when the rules here are different and Mang0 and Scar played a best of 5? The fact that Mang0 and scar played best of 5 just debunks your argument...

But it's over now, lets focus on the future that is hax vs zhu
Played best of 5 after they were aware of such a rule.

Based on previous posts.

tekkie

Smash Master
Has anyone at Genesis playing Super Smash Brothers in the tournament recently finished a match and if so what were the results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom