• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ally and Sean vs. PR?

Dojo and UTD vs. ???

Fill me in here, I'm at a tourney and everyone wants to know whats happening!

-Anth0ny

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Wow good shiz axe. Jman has been one of those players always capeable of losing to lower tiers. He got beat by Pakman once. I think he oversimplifies his game when he plays low tiers. against Pakman all he did was think "nair totally shuts down weegee, Ill just shoot one laser, then nair constantly across FD and there is nothing he can do" He did that, and in theory it works, but Pakman was smarter than that and countered the oversimplification.

Probably did that vs Axe and he was smart enough to read it and beat a very simple gameplan.

i love hearing the one laser thing because jman can't double laser :D

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
Wow good shiz axe. Jman has been one of those players always capeable of losing to lower tiers. He got beat by Pakman once. I think he oversimplifies his game when he plays low tiers. against Pakman all he did was think "nair totally shuts down weegee, Ill just shoot one laser, then nair constantly across FD and there is nothing he can do" He did that, and in theory it works, but Pakman was smarter than that and countered the oversimplification.

Probably did that vs Axe and he was smart enough to read it and beat a very simple gameplan.
that's also called losing
:)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
What happened with crews?
Where are they in Brawl and Melee singles?

Edit:
I love how this tournament is proving how Melee and Brawl can be played together, and the communities can coexist, yet the people on smashboards still choose to act like angry morons. This is why other communities don't take ours seriously.
yah i love this tournament too and I've always wanted the 2 games to co exist but I feel like the melee community treats brawl just like all the other fighting communities treat smash as a whole. :(

Noraa

Smash Lord
We'll see what tournament results say. I expect to see the same players up top, but between them anything could happen. M2k, ally, adhd, lain, co18, dojo, atomsk, sk92,ksizz honestly anything can happen between these guys and a bunch more. I'm just saying in melee it is much more easy to predict winners because it's so much more easy to set yourself apart in skill due to the depth of the game. Brawl doesn't have that, PERIOD. I can pretty much tell you Mango or m2k are going to win melee singles with 100% accuracy. Can you tell me who's going to win Brawl singles? No, nobody ****ing knows, really. Maybe m2k, but he might lose to Tyrant or Dojo or Ally again or some ****. Maybe Ally, but who knows if he'll lose to co18??? Dojo? Well ****, maybe Candy will show up and take him out. How bout ADHD? OH no wait he lost to Excel_zero. Look news update, Tyrant lost to Reflex's PT!! Co18 lost to random metaknight?? oh ****!

I'm just saying at a high level it's too hard to tell who's better in Brawl because of the inability to truly seperate yourself from other players.

As far as I am concerned and you saying I could have my own roadblocks with defensiveness etc, that's not true at all. My block is the fact i find the game extremely boring, don't own a wii, don't practice at all/don't want to, and have played brawl for about 10 hours ever outside of tournaments. That being said, I've accomplished way more than like 99% of the brawl community with these stipulations.

so like....can you shut up now or is that out of the question?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
You ****ers Inui and Atomsk have to play M2K and Fiction in Semis or Quarters if anything and thats if they get past Tyant and Leepuff.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yo Plank the link in your sig is amazing.

EDIT: OK, lain and CO18 shoulda played better.

Has PR lost yet?

lain and CO had the first match in the bag, iunno HOW they lost.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
First: UTD/Dojo beat Judge/AlphaZealot and DMG/Dphat beat them in losers.

Second: UTD/Dojo are in the winners right now with Ally/Sean.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Before the tournament started, during the crew discussion, Forward explicitly said that Axe would probably take out Jman due to Jman's inexperience.

Regardless; Good ****.

judge!

Smash Ace
First: UTD/Dojo beat Judge/AlphaZealot and DMG/Dphat beat them in losers.

Second: UTD/Dojo are in the winners right now with Ally/Sean.
so az and judge are out now? is that what youre saying? thanks for update

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so like....can you shut up now or is that out of the question?
No, I earned the right to talk. I talked so much **** about Brawl before I started playing it and had to hear "YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BRAWL OMGZ MELEE***. IF YOU PLAYED BRAWL JOO GET ***** BRAWL IS A FRESH START ZOMG"

So i started playing Brawl 6 months after it came out, played for a few months, got 3rd in the biggest Brawl tourney ever, won/placed in basically every local tourney I went to, then stopped taking the game seriously at all.

I just like to flaunt how easy it was and that I proved my point oh so well :D

Ladybug

Smash Lord
so az and judge are out now? is that what youre saying? thanks for update
Yes, Judge and AZ are out. DMG and Dphat knocked them out in Losers. It sucks cause they had to play Zac and Dojo followed by DMG and Dphat. >_< At the same time though, Go Dallas! Wooo! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom