• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What other gaming communities look down on smash...?
Are they stupid?
Other fighters look down on us because we ban things that are not necessarily broken.

To them, only things as deadly as Akuma can be banned, and bans should only be a last resort. We ban items not because they are broken, but because we don't like to play with them. They look down at this behavior.

They also don't think Smash is a fighter.
It should also be noted that this hate is for ALL smash games, not just Brawl, Melee, or 64.

Pi

Smash Hero
Other fighters look down on us because we ban things that are not necessarily broken.

To them, only things as deadly as Akuma can be banned, and bans should only be a last resort. We ban items not because they are broken, but because we don't like to play with them. They look down at this behavior.

They also don't think Smash is a fighter.
It should also be noted that this hate is for ALL smash games, not just Brawl, Melee, or 64.
So basically Ruby summed it up about them being ignorant.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I am not saying that some random factor is going to determine the outcome of the game. I am simply saying Brawl's skill cap is very very limited, whereas in Melee players can continue and grow and seperate themselves from other players way more than in Brawl. Brawl simply just...doesn't have enough to seperate the top players imo. I think the same players will win at local tournies, sure, but when you put all the top players together from all regions, you're never going to get the same result. I think you could make a tourney with the top 16 brawl players in the country every day for a week and each tournament would have a different winner. Thus why I'm saying it's stupid for people to make predictions, you never know in Barlw.
Not only is this true, it is coming true. There are about 10 players all randomly beating eachother and randomly losing to randoms at the top. I have been following Brawl because I'm friends with Lain, but in the meantime I have noticed that every brawl player is just randomly winning and losing to other pretty good players. Plank is right.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I didn't realize Axe had beaten Jman. I may or may not take back my post about Axe/Anther after I see the matches, which were hopefully recorded.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Sheik's gay, isn't she.

Btw, Zig, please come to SMYM. I wanna play you in singles. I only got to play ya in doubles at E-52
Im aiming for smym to be my last midwest tourny for the summer. Then its off to PA for the year again. I will try really hard to make it.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yes, Judge and AZ are out. DMG and Dphat knocked them out in Losers. It sucks cause they had to play Zac and Dojo followed by DMG and Dphat. >_< At the same time though, Go Dallas! Wooo! :p
Wow really? Is Dphat really that good?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGINGSANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING SANDBAGGGING

stop abusing that word you noobs.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Wow really? Is Dphat really that good?
Uh... Yeah. Dphat's the ****. And so is DMG. Probably went Wario/Mk or Marth on their *****. Dphat has one of the best Marths. Like, no ****. Dphat generally places top 15 in any Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma tournament.

Both of them are in the Texas power rankings.

Staco

Smash Champion
@ plank

U tell people that Brawl is based on random but I see so many people beeing surprised about Melee results. Its really funny.
In Melee maybe the 1st or 2nd place is sure but afterwards nothing is sure!

And in Brawl 1st and 2nd place mostly are sure, too. M2K, Ally at every tourney which they attend.

It would be funny if Mango gets ***** in this tourney. Because then your theory is completly crap.

Only because M2K lost one tourney to Tyrant and Fiction because of not caring about the win since the pot was split doesnt mean that its random.

And why arent all people thinking the same about the Melee results if it is so sure?

Why are they playing at all if they already know the rankings in melee in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom