• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
so i guess my plans for housing has all but fell down the drain. is there anyone that can provide housing/has an extra spot in their hotel room for me? i will most def help pay for cost. please contact me if you can help. thank you

message me on aim darkshifter999

The GERM

Smash Ace
you mean besides the obvious?
It's because Californians were raised differently. I'll never forget what my mama told me on my first day of school. Just as the school bus pulled up ready to take me away on that foggy september morning, she crouched down to my eye level, looked me square in the eye and said, "Don't.......ever......get grabbed by those ice climbers.....ever."

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is there anyone that would be able to house four smashers from Utah? We weren't going to be able to attend until just barely when our luck changed, and now Utah is going to Genesis!! But that brings up the issue of housing, and we'd rather not sleep in our car the entire weekend (I wish we could get a hotel room, but we don't have the funds to do that :( .)

The smashers coming with me are all very respectful people and are very housing-friendly. None of us smoke/drink/do drugs/or any of that type of stuff. We also have our own ride to and from the venue since we are driving there, and can accommodate ourselves for food, so the only thing we'd need is a place to lay our heads at night.

So if anyone would be willing to house us we'd be extremely grateful. I also have a wii with infinite replays and a capture device so I can upload any vids people want if they save them- hopefully that will be a little incentive for someone to let us house with them! :D We're leaving tomorrow morning, so hopefully someone who can house us can get back to us before we leave. Otherwise, I may just end up putting my cell number on here or something. We'll figure it out somehow.

Anyways, hope to see you all there at Genesis :D

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Because wobbling makes Ice Climbers SOOO good, and Ice Climbers CAN'T chaingrab without it.

Also, stage striking in brackets guys.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
nah i got the other half of it right here =D thats why theres 2 copies =)

and as for having kongo on during singles bracket, its for the stage striking. we need 7 stages for it to work, (since there are 6 neutrals in melee) so adding one works out better than taking one stage out.

kongo 64 was the agreed upon stage, if you dont like it, then stage strike it =) simpo as tha

if youre getting there at one, then who ever is signing you up, must pay for you as well.. and youll probably end up getting there when melee teams pools will begin.
Thanks for the heads up XD I feel more relieved now

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Me & WarriorKnight are arriving at the San Francisco (SFO) Airport at 12:25 PM today. The location is Terminal 1 with Delta. Our flight number is 719. Can anyone provide us with a ride to the Ramada Inn hotel? We'll definitely pay by Bowser bucks =)

Our cell phones numbers are: DJ Nintendo (646) 784-2689 - WarriorKnight (646) 812-1772
If we don't pick up our phones, please leave a voicemail and text us. Thanks =)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
It's because Californians were raised differently. I'll never forget what my mama told me on my first day of school. Just as the school bus pulled up ready to take me away on that foggy september morning, she crouched down to my eye level, looked me square in the eye and said, "Don't.......ever......get grabbed by those ice climbers.....ever."
Considering sigging this

LAST DAY
HYPE
AHHH
MY BALLS ARE EXPLODING

Lovage

Smash Hero
let's put our ragings boners into a chinese finger trap and then attempt to break out without using our hands

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This post is full of win XD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't know where else to post this so I'll post it here

I literally have practiced so much with my old controller (like 20-25 hours in the past few days) so much technically that now any time I try to laser to the left it makes me shoot to the right. I have the same problem with needle-turn-around with Sheik, it always just faces right. Can someone help?

RayenX are you going? please say you are, cuz I'd like to use your controller like you told me back at Revival I could next time

if not, Eggz? Silent Wolf? anyone technical?

PM me if you can help or something. Thanks in advance I'll really appreciate it if you have a good one (something easy to reverse laser with)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is there anyone that would be able to house four smashers from Utah? We weren't going to be able to attend until just barely when our luck changed, and now Utah is going to Genesis!! But that brings up the issue of housing, and we'd rather not sleep in our car the entire weekend (I wish we could get a hotel room, but we don't have the funds to do that :( .)

The smashers coming with me are all very respectful people and are very housing-friendly. None of us smoke/drink/do drugs/or any of that type of stuff. We also have our own ride to and from the venue since we are driving there, and can accommodate ourselves for food, so the only thing we'd need is a place to lay our heads at night.

So if anyone would be willing to house us we'd be extremely grateful. I also have a wii with infinite replays and a capture device so I can upload any vids people want if they save them- hopefully that will be a little incentive for someone to let us house with them! :D We're leaving tomorrow morning, so hopefully someone who can house us can get back to us before we leave. Otherwise, I may just end up putting my cell number on here or something. We'll figure it out somehow.

Anyways, hope to see you all there at Genesis :D
We're on our way now. If anyone can house us you should text/call me. My number is 801-706-0689, let me know :D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ill bring a picture of me and sign it =D

and i HONESTLY THINK wobbles should only

be allowed if the person ur facing says he doesnt mind

i dont think its fair for people to fly a 1893831813 miles

and get wobbled =D

idea

Smash Master
I don't know where else to post this so I'll post it here

I literally have practiced so much with my old controller (like 20-25 hours in the past few days) so much technically that now any time I try to laser to the left it makes me shoot to the right. I have the same problem with needle-turn-around with Sheik, it always just faces right. Can someone help?

RayenX are you going? please say you are, cuz I'd like to use your controller like you told me back at Revival I could next time

if not, Eggz? Silent Wolf? anyone technical?

PM me if you can help or something. Thanks in advance I'll really appreciate it if you have a good one (something easy to reverse laser with)
raynex most likely isn't going so i wouldn't depend on him. i'd lend you mine but i'm not going either X_X but mine has actually lost most of the padding on the stick so that might have just thrown you off anyway.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
You talking about the 'Gentlemen' rule! What happened to man up Mango?! You use to be cool . . .
i dont mind it *****

but some people do

people man up

lol

but eh if im not playing good i would ban wobbling lol

:)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
omg man, M2K, I was gonna give my controller to pkm or vwins or kage for genesis just in case they needed another cause my controller is a great fox controller, but I totally forgot. I mostly play Fox and Marth with it, so it would have been perfect for you.

If your willing to pay for express shipping I could help you.
If you're interested I'll post pics.

also, I hope vwins and pkm get top 3 in teams.

Tri_Edge

Smash Rookie
Ok so this is kinda last minute, but I just figured out I can't bring the equipment I said I would bring, so what do I do?

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling banned period, its waaaay too easy to set up and way to easy to do.

Considering wobbles can do it without even looking at the screen.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
C'mon Mango! People seriously have to man the f**k up! People don't ban infinites in MvC2! If you make a mistake you get a$$ f***ed in that game! I <3 it!
Well since I've been in the 2d/3d community for a while honestly its a lot harder to infinite someone in Mvc2 now a days you don't see as much cause people have found ways around it and certain things like that and it also depends on what characters you have on your teams and many other things, also the room for area in Mvc2 is very small a lot of the infinite may take as little as 1 frame of timing depending one what it is. Its no where near the same as wobbling come on man lets keep it real lol.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Its way to easy man lol. With the type of system smash has that wobble **** should of been banned a long time ago. He says man up but if you get grabbed once at 0 when the person has like 100 or whatever and there done and your at evo grand finals for like $2,000 guess what hes gonna feel robbed lol. If hes never had that happen than he wouldn't know how it is to get pretty much cheated(not just by wobbles but in infinite's in general and other games and such) when your clearly out playing the person lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom