• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Money back lolol.

Man Chibo, these people are angry.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
this tourney is more epic than the wombo combo! insane matches! chants! security! and they pulled the plug on the stream! this is the most epic thing in the history of smash. thewombo combo is stupid in comparison to this epicness

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
olol money back.

Ally beat Chu I guess. We have to suppose.

...that had to be the crappiest situation ever though. Wth do the people who FLEW from Texas/Canada/West Coast do?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MONEY BACK MONEY BACK MONEY BACK

my buddy recorded ally vs chu (as much as possible of course). it's gonna be hilarious watching it.

"okay, security is here."

"okay, now lots of security is here"

LOL

Ally was about to 2-0 Chu. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
lots of security is here, we gotta go...."

i think they got Random Ike Guy.. das the last thing i heard.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
olol money back.

Ally beat Chu I guess. We have to suppose.

...that had to be the crappiest situation ever though. Wth do the people who FLEW from Texas/Canada/West Coast do?
Luckily I didn't go.

Not having money SAVED me money... that is ironic lolol.

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
Well the matchup is definitely not even. Snake has the advantage
and yea Azen seemed off his game

Vayseth

Smash Master
*****. EVERYONE IS *****. Chibo ****ed up bad. I hope they can go somewhere to finish the tournament. Otherwise, Chibo is going to be *****.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
I just got off the phone w/ one of my brothers who is at the tournament - he says that everyone is going to Chibo's house to finish singles.

Also, the Ally vs. Chu match does not count since they were not allowed to finsh it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Guys, all jokes aside, alot of ppl flew across the country to this. Some have spent hundreds to go to this.

Please hope they make it back okay. ATM there literally standing on a street with police and with no idea what to do. Thats HORRIBLE, and our community needs to step up and support as best as they can

CY

Smash Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian View Post
In a few days, players from as far south as Texas will meet with players as north as Canada in an epic tournament.
In a few days many upsets will happen.
In a few days crowds will be awed and children will cry.
In a few days TITANS WILL CLASH.

Hype.

HYLIAN SAID IT THE BEST!

man, i couldn't agree more with that statement. good job hylian

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The Synopsis

Hi everyone this is TheTantalus, and I'm basically gonna go over what has happened at this tournament and feel free to discuss it.

I myself, wasn't there, but simply a spectator on the live feed and chatting with people on the inside.

From the beginning, it was a disaster. There were 286 entrants for the tournament. The teams pools were supposed to begin at 12:30pm Eastern time on Saturday, and didn't actually beging till about 6:45pm Eastern time on saturday. They were able to finish teams pools on saturday and get singles pools started.

On Sunday, the venue opened at 10am. The singles pools took another 4 hours- and teams bracket didn't get started till 2:30pm Sunday EST. Singles bracket got started at about 5pm eastern time. Singles bracket was a 96 man bracket, while teams was a 32 man bracket.

At 10:00pm the venue was scheduled to close. The venue security team told Chibo to get everyone out, and everyone who was still in the tournament started chanting and there was fear of a riot. The venue then called in security and started literally forcing people out of the venue.

The tournament was not fair for any of the players having to deal with the chanting and riots. There was a fight as well at somepoint during the day.

The decision as of last I heard was to split the pot between the 30something people left in the singles bracket.

As for teams results, it looks like this i think

1. Mew2King + Lee Martin
2. Snakeee + Teh_Spamerer
3. Inui + Atomsk
4. Azen Zagenite + Chu Dat

and Singles Inui, Atomsk, and Azen Zagenite didn't even make top 15. That's all i know, and we'll see how the rest plays out.

Edit: Apparently everyone is being allowed to finish at Chibo's Apartment, which is better than nothing. Good luck to everyone still alive in the tournament.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Samurai Panda is awesome. Seriously. He was pretty much the only guy who did serious commentary the entire day and didn't focus on answering the stupid quesitons in the chat. Legit commentary.

Even when the freaking security came in he did commentary!!! Too good.

"okay security is here but let's focus on this very high profile match"

<3 SP

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i was there on saturday, and the line to get in the door was HUGE! it took about 6:30 hours just to get everybody in. for familly reasons i had to leave at 6, so that is where my testimony ends

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Guys...we all know Ally was going to win vs Chu; don't even kid yourselves. Ally won 1st game and was up ~110% to ~30% on last stock vs Chu. Ally had it in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom