• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 30

Fancypants (The Fancy Pants Adventures)

220px-Fancy_pants_man-2.jpg

One of the earliest examples of a flash game phenomena. He could have some really cool platforming mechanics and the liking. Overall, he definitely seems like the best candidate.

Job 31 tbd

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 30: Dart Monkey (Bloons)

that's right we're not stopping at quincy it's BLOONS TIME BABY

Err... I mean... Dart Monkey is one of the towers in the Bloons TD franchise, usually being the cheapest and most simple tower in his games. His job is simple; Tossing darts at the incoming Bloons. While weak at first, he can be upgraded to make use of crossbows, catapults, and even the ability to transform into the legendary Super Monkey!

I believe Dart Monkey should be in the game as a representative for Flash gaming. While there's tons of characters who are arguably more important to the medium, Bloons has taken off to become a large franchise for its initial scope, boasting a slew of sequels and even a crossover with Adventure Time!

Job 31: Floral Fury (Cuphead)

Floral Fury is the stage in Cuphead in which you face off with Cagney Carnation. The stage is very similar to its original form, being a Battlefield-esque stage with two floating platforms on each side, similar to Pokemon Stadium.

However, what's unnatural about this stage is its special mini-boss, Cagney Carnation himself! Upon sprouting from the background, he'll perform a few attacks:
  • Stretching his face into the foreground, dealing a single hit which deals above average damage.
  • Firing seeds into the air like a gatling gun, which drop down from the top of the screen. These seeds can either damage opponents upon contact or create temporary damaging vines upon hitting the ground.
  • Summoning small Toothy Terrors to home in on fighters.
Upon being hit with enough attacks or after a minute or two, Cagney retreats into the earth.

Job 31: The Office Music

Browser character:
Pico (Pico's school)

Pico is a main protagonist of Pico's School series. He is a school student, who has schizophrenia and holds his Uzi to kill his enemies like Alucard or even Cassandra, who are bullies of the school. Not only Pico saved the school from school shooting, but he defeated many foes like Bear or even Uberkids.
Pico is one of Iconic Newgrounds characters and he deserves to be in Allstar Strife as Playable Character. He appeared as Cameo in Newgrounds content like games or art.
Also, Pico appeared in Indie hit title "Friday night Funkin" as Week 3 opponent, where BF raps with himself, Pico!

His moveset would be based on his games or Animations that feature him like Newgrounds Rumble (It's a Newgrounds platform Fighter) and even FNF, which is also cool.
He would be Middleweight Fighter, who would use many Ranged Attacks like shooting for notable example.
His design would be based on FNF Incarnation, which it would reference FNF game.

I nominate Pico, because he would be no-brainer pick for an indie Platfighter and he won' be afraid of Crossovers.
Besides that, Newgrounds has a lot of potential to appear in the game like Pico as a fighter for known example.
I won't tell many reasons, but he was my Bias pick and perfect NG rep.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 30

Meat Boy (Meat Boy)

Meat Boy started as a quaint little indie game on Newgrounds but quickly became a franchise and one of the most iconic indie characters of all-time

Meat boy would be a very fast glass cannon

Job 31

The Subcon Forest

This would be a medium sized stage, The left side is some log platforms seen above only they are above some water and on the right side there is some ground and some trees with leaves you can jump on

In the background you can see Queen Vanessa's Manor alongside some trees. you can also see some Fire spirits and Subcon dwellers.

Occasionally the Snatcher will appear and forge a contract with one of the players where they get a big buff but if they don't do what the Snatcher says he instantly KOs them

Job 32

1. Main Theme - Five Nights at Freddy's Security Breach
2. Smashing Windshields
3. Stone Cold
4. Circus (Remix)
5. Dangerous Thoughts
6. Turtle Crusher

D

Deleted member

Alien_Hominid (1).png

Alien Hominid
A good representative for the Newgrounds era of flash games. He would be a zoner with heavy use of projectiles.

sha.jpg

Scuttle Town (Shantae)
A farily simple stage to start with, it would be a long stage that stretches across the town, with buildings to climb on. Eventually Risky Boots and her pirates will invade the stage, causing havoc and making the stage more chaotic.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 30:Fireboy & Watergirl

(official art of the Friday Night Funkin' mod)

fireboy and watergirl are the eponymous main characters of the franchise of six co-op and platform/puzzle flash games. they are two humanoids of different elements and together they escape from different temples, their relationship is not has not been confirmed, some believe they are dating, others believe they are siblings.

Fireboy & Watergirl would be a mix from Ice Climbers with Pyra & Mythra, Fireboy would be a Heavy Weight fighter with strong attacks and slow speed and Watergirl would be a Light Weight fighter with weak attacks and fast speed.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the stage job, I'm going to submit Pridemoor Keep from Shovel Knight - I figure it's more interesting than the Plains of Passage, and it matches the sword and sorcery theme that the game has.

Stage: Pridemoor Keep

I don't think anyone's submitted a Shovel Knight stage yet, so I will. One of the earliest stages in the game, Pridemoor Keep has been taken over by King Knight and gilded out in all sorts of gaudy colours. Chandeliers could act as platforms, while various Shovel Knight enemies like griffons, animated suits of armour, or rat-copters could serve as hazards.
For the character, I'm assuming that I can't nominate Stinkoman from Stinkoman 20X6, right? It's an old Flash game on the Homestar Runner site (came out in 2005), and its final level was one of the last releases for a Flash game, but I feel like it's a gray area at best since Homestar Runner is a Flash cartoon that happens to have some games that were made as side projects.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Character: Duck (Duck Life)
1648255060592.png

No, I don't care how dumb this is. The Duck will have a mechanic where it levels up over the course of a stock, enhancing it's speed, jumps, and attack power...as well as unlocking special abilities such as a wall cling.

Undertale Stage:
1648255169742.png

Spider Bake Sale
This is by no means the best choice for an Undertale stage, but Muffet is my favorite character in the game and I wanted to do something for her. You'll fight in front of Muffet's stand, and she'll be there observing. You'll get to stand on spider web platforms, but they slow your movement. Sometimes, Muffet will throw donuts or croissants at the fighters, which function just like the ones in her boss battle.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-41-27 (316) Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy) - YouTube.png

Dr. Nicole (Weird Fighters)

When people talk about flash games nowadays, they often focus on the most famous ones. Your Picos, Nitromes, Alien Hominids. But many overlook the vast array of obscure games. Ones that were submitted to Newgrounds and lost to the sands of time. They may not often be good games, mind you. But they represent an era of creativity and passion. And even if the gameplay isn't the best, there can still be some great concepts hidden in them. Well, Weird Fighters is one of those games.

What? Weird Fighters?
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 02-02-38 Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy).png

First being published to Newgrounds in May of 2007, Weird Fighters is a flash fighting game with art by Honto and coding by QiGames. When the "British millionaire" Mr. Lacanshore (Secretly an alien in disguise. Which is so secret his true form is in the title screen.) hosts a fighting tournament to find an heir to his massive wealth, a whole cast of crazy characters enter. Whether it be to claim the wealth for themselves, be known as the strongest fighter in the world, because they sense a great evil in Mr. Lacanshore, or, as is the case with Nicole, because the mysterious alien parasite inside of her is strangely drawn towards it. With hindsight, the game honestly isn't really that good. The gameplay is very slow and clunky, and the music just barely qualify as songs. However, what the game does well is in the art and characters. The game is rendered in stylized 2D animation with bright colors that contrast with the bloody battles and "Mortal Kombat"-style fatalities. And with a cast of unique characters and Mathew, the game is absolutely dripping with personality.

Why Nicole?
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-41-58 (316) Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy) - YouTube.png

It was a very close race. Despite having only 9 characters, Weird Fighters has no shortage of fun characters. (And Mathew is there too.) From the military robot N33, to the prisoners Bones and Chubbybat, to the honorable ninja Ryoko, to the self-explanatory Cyberllama. However, what made me choose her specifically is the shapeshifting alien parasite that has infested inside of her. While working on an experiment in Area 50-1, an alien had taken control of her body and made her mutilate her own coworkers. However, it seems to be drawn to the mysterious Mr. Lacanshore. While it may be an incredibly bad thing for Nicole in the story, in game is a much different story. As it allows her to morph and change her body in order to perform monstrous and horrifying attacks. From growing extra mouths, long pincers from her body, or spitting acid from her mouth. While there were only a few attacks in the original game, this concept has a ton of potential when it's more "flesh"ed out.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-42-51 (316) Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy) - YouTube.png
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-43-55 (316) Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy) - YouTube.png
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-44-16 (316) Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy) - YouTube.png

Conclusion
I know she's about as "who?" as you can get and her original game is kinda bad. But to me, those are just more reasons to include her. Not everyone needs to be super well-known. And if a game wasn't that good that first time, but had a good concept, isn't that all the more reason to try and get it right on a second go? With her freaky shapeshifting and being able to represent a side of browser games that hasn't been brought back into the public eye, I hope that you will vote for Dr. Nicole!
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 01-46-30 Weird Fighters - Nicole Playthrough (Easy).png

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Now, we will begin voting.

We will be including two fighters from Job 30. Please pick your top three from this list (self-voting is only allowed for 2nd-3rd place):
  • Fancypants (The Fancy Pants Adventures) (AlteredBeast)
  • Dart Monkey (Bloons) (FazDude)
  • Pico (Pico's School) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Meat Boy (Meat Boy) (cashregister9)
  • Alien Homnid (Alien Homnid) (Darkonedagger)
  • Fireboy and Watergirl (Fireboy and Watergirl) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Duck (Duck Life) (Torgo the Bear)
  • Dr. Nicole (Weird Fighters) (Baysha)
Next, three stages from Job 31 will be added. Again, pick your top three (with the same limits on self-voting).
  • Floral Fury (Cuphead) (FazDude)
  • Subcon Forest (A Hat in Time) (cashregister9)
  • Scuttle Town (Shantae) (Darkonedagger)
  • Pridemoor Keep (Shovel Knight) (Megadoomer)
  • Spider Bake Sale (UNDERTALE) (Torgo the Bear)
Finally, the Office's music will be voted on via Strawpoll: https://strawpoll.com/polls/B2ZB3rX0pyJ

Voting closes tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: It doesn't seem like you can add quotes via editing a post, but if you scroll up, you should be able to see all the entries' specifics. For convienence's sake, I'll leave both Office track lists here.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter Voting
  1. Meat Boy - I think he could have a fun, simplistic moveset, and I really like cashregister9's pitch for a glass cannon character.
  2. Dart Monkey - Self-vote.
  3. Dr. Nicole - A fun curveball pick who has a lot of moveset potential with her shapeshifting properties.
Stage Voting
  1. Pridemoor Keep
  2. Floral Fury
  3. Scuttle Town

D

Deleted member

1. Meat Lad
2. Le Monke
3. Alien

1. Pridemoor
2. Floral Fury
3. Scuttle Town

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Fireboy and Watergirl
2. Dr. Nicole
3. Duck

1. Pridemoor
2. Floral Fury
3. Spider bake Sale

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Meat Boy
2. Alien Hominid
3. Duck

1. Scuttle Town
2. Subcon Forest
3. Pridemoor Keep

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting has closed!
  • We'll be adding a nostalgia factor to our roster, as Meat Boy and Fireboy & Watergirl join the roster, courtesy of cashregister9 cashregister9 and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 respectively!
  • As for stages, Pridemoor Keep, Floral Fury, and Scuttle Town will be added from Megadoomer Megadoomer , myself, and @Darkonedagger!
  • Finally, my music submission for the Office wins.
With the end of voting comes a few new jobs!

Job 33/34: Submit special moves for Quote and/or Shantae!

Submit special moves (neutral, forward, back, up, and down) and a special shield for either/both characters!

Job 35: Submit a Companion Card character from 2000-2010!
Just what it says on the tin; Submit any character to be a Companion Card assist, given that they originated from the 2000s. Keep in mind that becoming a Companion Card renders a character ineligible for a playable position.

All three jobs will close tomorrow night!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Might do movesets for Quote and/or Shantae if I get the time to look into their games, but for now...

Job 35: Black Goo (World of Goo)

The Black Goo is the first type of goo seen in World of Goo, being primarily used for construction in order to solve the game's puzzles.

In All-Star Strife, the Black Goo stretches itself across the battlefield, being able to form itself into walls or platforms. This can be both a hinderance and a help depending on your situation, but the most important thing to keep in mind if that the Black Goo will always try and keep itself connected, no matter how far it stretches.

Job 35:
Alien Hominid (Alien Hominid)

Alien Hominid is a yellow titular Alien, who crashed on Earth in USA and his ship was stolen by FBI agents and he needed to return his ship from agents.
He was made by independent studio Behemoth, who are creators of Castle Crashers.
His game has run 'n' gun gameplay, where you need to kill agents who try to attack him.

When summoned, he would run and jump around the stage and shoot at opponents with his ray gun. When he's close to opponent, he bites the head-off and reverses the Fighter's controls due to lack of heads for 3 seconds.
He can be KOed.
He would use his Classic design opposing to modern one from New Alien Hominid game.

I know some of you would argue that he would be a cool fighter, but I don't see him as Fighter, because he only runs, jumps, bites and shoots at enemies.
Also, he would be cool Newgrounds Assist Character, since he would be first to be a NG Assist.
Also, The Behemoth announced a new Alien Hominid game, which it would spice his inclusion as Assist.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've written out movesets for both characters in the Fraymakers thread, so that should make this easy! I just need to make a few adjustments here and there.

Job 33: Quote moveset

Quote’s neutral special is his Missile Launcher, one of his biggest damage dealers in Cave Story. To nobody’s surprise, it fires a missile that travels a short distance before exploding.

His forward special is Fireball. He shoots the fireballs horizontally, which act similar to Mario's neutral special in Smash, but slightly larger. Up to three can be on-screen at once, and they pierce enemies (unless it's guarded) and bounce up to three times before disappearing. Since the recovery on his up special is so good for recovery, he doesn’t need to worry about using his side special to recover. These don't knock enemies back or stun them for long, so they're mainly for racking up damage.

His back special is Tow Rope. Quote throws the rope behind himself, which either latches onto the stage before pulling him back up, or latching onto the opponent. If caught, the opponent is dragged behind him for a while until they can button-mash out of it or after a certain amount of time has passed - they'll continually take minor damage as they're being dragged.

His up special is the Booster 2.0. It doesn’t do any damage, but it has great recovery and works well for horizontal and vertical movement. However, like R.O.B.’s up special in Smash, it has a limited fuel supply that recharges once you’re on land.

For Quote’s down special, he uses Whimsical Star, which causes three small green stars to orbit around Quote as he moves around. They can act as a shield to prevent people from getting close, and pressing the down special while they’re out causes them to home in on the nearest opponent. (though the amount of damage that they do isn't much)

For Quote's shield, he uses the Arms Barrier, creating a large yellow triangle of energy in front of himself. Normally, this weapon halves the amount of experience that you lose when you're hit, but since this game doesn't have that, it halves the amount of damage instead. It's not great for defending yourself, since you're still taking damage, but Quote doesn't have many defensive options in his own game, so something like this would encourage a run and gun playstyle.

Job 34: Shantae moveset

Shantae’s neutral special is the Storm Puff. Shantae leans back, holding a cloud over her head. Like her neutral special, this can be charged, with the cloud getting larger and angrier in the process. When released, she throws the cloud, which shoots out a bolt of lightning below itself at base levels, or violently explodes at higher levels of charge. (the third level creates a much bigger explosion than the second level)

For her forward special, Shantae will transform into her Elephant form and charge forward, ramming the opponent.

Her back special has her change into her Jet Octo form from Seven Sirens, allowing for a quick retreat by shooting jets of ink to launch herself backwards. Both Shantae and the ink can cause damage, though given the size of the form, it's not much.

Shantae’s up special has her transform into a Harpy and fly in whatever direction the control stick is pointed in, similar to Fire Fox.

Shantae's down special has her transform into her Spider form and shoot a glob of webbing onto the ground, leaving them stuck in place. The web will stay on the ground for a limited amount of time.

Shantae’s shield uses the Pike Ball, and much like her neutral special, it can be charged. Shantae glows blue when charging it, and releasing the button creates one, two, or three Pike Balls that orbit around Shantae as she moves. The Pike Balls only have a small amount of knockback and do nothing to stop projectiles, but they keep opponents from getting close to Shantae.

Job 35: Companion Card character

Balrog (Cave Story)

Oh yeaaah! At first, the Companion Card seemingly does nothing, only for Balrog to fall from the sky, land on the stage, and then run around trying to tackle people.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 35:Pilgor (Goat Simulator)

Pilgor is a playable character of Goat Simulator, as comapnion card, Pilgor gives a headbutt while she's running, Pilgor would be similar to Tepig on Smash

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
A toaster and a goat for SSB6? I'm down maybe.
Okay, ya sure.... This is my nightmare. Lol just kidding.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
These are meant to be this game's version of assist trophies, not playable characters. (though I wouldn't say no to the goat from Goat Simulator being playable)
Goat Simulator or Palutena (SSBB) or Amazon Pandora...
Goat Simulator it is!!!

Baysha

Smash Ace
Was bout to submit a Binding of Isaac character, but it was first released in 2011. Just barely ineligible. 😔

Eversion_Artwork_1.png

Zee-Tee

When summoned, Zee-Tee would evert the stage to X-8. The ground becomes black, the sky turns people, and red eyes pop up everywhere. A ton of new hazards such as spiky plants and dangerous Ghulibas spawn. These don't hurt the summoner and teammates but they're sure to be a pain for everyone else!

Job 35:Pilgor (Goat Simulator)

Pilgor is a playable character of Goat Simulator, as comapnion card, Pilgor gives a headbutt while she's running, Pilgor would be similar to Tepig on Smash
Goat Simulator was released in 2014, unfortunately.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Voting has closed!
  • We'll be adding a nostalgia factor to our roster, as Meat Boy and Fireboy & Watergirl join the roster, courtesy of cashregister9 cashregister9 and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 respectively!
  • As for stages, Pridemoor Keep, Floral Fury, and Scuttle Town will be added from Megadoomer Megadoomer , myself, and @Darkonedagger!
  • Finally, my music submission for the Office wins.
With the end of voting comes a few new jobs!

Job 33/34: Submit special moves for Quote and/or Shantae!

Submit special moves (neutral, forward, back, up, and down) and a special shield for either/both characters!

Job 35: Submit a Companion Card character from 2000-2010!
Just what it says on the tin; Submit any character to be a Companion Card assist, given that they originated from the 2000s. Keep in mind that becoming a Companion Card renders a character ineligible for a playable position.

All three jobs will close tomorrow night!
Given I know next to nothing about the actual gameplay of either of these characters, it's best I don't toss my hat into the ring here. However, I can make a suggestion for Job #35!

Job #35:
Character Name: N
Character Origin: N: The Way of the Ninja
Game Origin: May 16, 2005

1648499785888.png

Unlike a couple of Companion Cards, this one takes the concept of the "character" in a different direction. Instead of it summoning just the character, it summons aspects of the entire game! Let me explain.

In N (I'll just refer to it as that because I'm lazy,) there's two aspects that'll come into play here. Firstly, it's stated that the ninja you play as is just one of a seemingly infinite number. They die within 90 seconds in the game itself, and can be replenished infinitely. Secondly, the basic design of levels is notable in that it's mostly, in concept, grid-based. I'll provide an example below:

1648499852876.png

Now, a few of the aspects here would be used in tandem. These are as follows:
  • N "itself," who is controlled by AI and, rather than helping, has a single goal - to reach the switch and then exit through the door. N can be interacted with, and one hit will "kill" it - leaving the body limp and a second N appearing in its place. This repeats as necessary.
  • A locked door, which the player cannot interact with.
  • A switch that, when pressed, will open the door. The player can interact with this.
  • A series of yellow cubes, which the player can collect, and heal a small amount of HP - equivalent roughly to eating a small amount of food.
  • Landmines, which are marked in red and explode on contact, from objects, players, projectiles - anything.
  • One "missile launcher", which launches missiles that home into N.
All of these are placed semi-randomly across the stage, though in reasonable places (for instance, the door won't be floating in the ether) and everything is completable by N. N will attempt to reach the switch unless it's pressed by a player, in which case it'll return to the door. The moment it enters the door, all of the stuff vanishes. However, and this is the key, you can make this last as long as you like within the allotted time limit of 45 seconds - during which time the stage is littered with both hazards in the form of missiles flying across the stage and landmines in the ground.. but also plenty of HP to grab. Why not 90? Balancing.

I think N is pretty important. A popular Flash game in its day, as well as ranking highly in awards like the 2005 Downloadable Games category in the Independent Games Festival, as well as commonly making it onto lists of "top Flash games," it's something fondly remembered... but with N's canonical nature as a truly pacifist series of beings, as well as their lack of stuff to work with and their admittedly uninteresting stage design, this would be the best way to represent them (in my opinion.)

Attachments

KawaiiAsa

Smash Rookie
Might as well have a go at this thread...

Job #35:
Tomomo (100% Orange Juice)
100% Orange Juice was released in 2009, 5 years before its steam release and Tomomo was one of the base characters, so hopefully this counts.

When summoned, Tomomo would simply run around and hit people with her magical staff, and occasionally throw out a d6, dealing a random amount of damage proportional to one of its faces (ranging from 1-6hp/%). Rarely, Tomomo will instead throw out a Marie Poppo that will latch onto any player hit and deal little damage but quite literally steal any held items and then vanish, taking the item with them.
However, before leaving, Tomomo players her Hyper Card, "Magical Massacre", dealing either 1 of 2 results individually based on health/%:
Medium damage - anyone under either 50% (or above half-health on stamina)
Instakill - anyone who is either: has been at 0%/full health for at least 5 seconds before Tomomo leaves, has taken no damage while Tomomo has been on-screen.
(For the sake of numbers, Medium Damage would be anywhere between 25%-50% damage, or the equivalent for stamina.)

FazDude

Smash Master
Might as well have a go at this thread...

Job #35:
Tomomo (100% Orange Juice)
100% Orange Juice was released in 2009, 5 years before its steam release and Tomomo was one of the base characters, so hopefully this counts.

When summoned, Tomomo would simply run around and hit people with her magical staff, and occasionally throw out a d6, dealing a random amount of damage proportional to one of its faces (ranging from 1-6hp/%). Rarely, Tomomo will instead throw out a Marie Poppo that will latch onto any player hit and deal little damage but quite literally steal any held items and then vanish, taking the item with them.
However, before leaving, Tomomo players her Hyper Card, "Magical Massacre", dealing either 1 of 2 results individually based on health/%:
Medium damage - anyone under either 50% (or above half-health on stamina)
Instakill - anyone who is either: has been at 0%/full health for at least 5 seconds before Tomomo leaves, has taken no damage while Tomomo has been on-screen.
(For the sake of numbers, Medium Damage would be anywhere between 25%-50% damage, or the equivalent for stamina.)
Welcome to the thread (and Smashboards as a whole)! Don't worry, Tomomo is eligible, as 100% Orange Juice technically released within the 2000s.

Also, for anyone else who hasn't submitted yet, roughly two hours remain in the submission period!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 35

Guppy and Sylvester (Insaniquarium)

Guppy will swim around the air and tends to hovre near opponents, Sylevester will chase Guppy and try to eat it. If an opponent is near Guppy it will swim around the player and Sylvester will eat the opponent instead

Insaniquarium is a 2001 indie game developed by Flying Bear entertainment and published by PopCap

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, submissions are closed; It's voting time!

The Quote and Shantae movesets submitted by Megadoomer Megadoomer win by default. As for the Companion Card characters, we will be adding three from the following list:
  • Black Goo (World of Goo) (FazDude)
  • Alien Hominid (Alien Hominid) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Balrog (Cave Story) (Megadoomer)
  • Zee Tee (Eversion) (Baysha)
  • N (N: The Way of the Ninja) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Tomomo (100% Orange Juice) (KawaiiAsa)
  • Guppy and Sylvester (Insaniquarium) (cashregister9)
As such, please nominate your top three for a ranked vote (self-voting only allowed for 2nd-3rd place).

In addition, a smaller job will be held during this voting period...

Job #36: Submit a container item!
We are looking for three types of container-like items:
  • A large container which serves as an analogue to the Crates in Smash.
  • A smaller container which serves as an analogue to the Capsules in Smash.
  • A special container which doesn't meet either of the above criteria. Analogues to other Smash/platform fighter containers are allowed for this category, but don't be afraid to let your imagination run wild!
Feel free to submit for as many categories as you like. Each category will be its own StrawPoll vote.

Voting on Companion Cards and submissions for containers close tomorrow evening. Have fun!

FazDude

Smash Master
Companion Cards:
  1. Zee Tee
  2. N
  3. Guppy and Sylvester
Large Container: Chests

While the Dimensional Box from UNDERTALE would be the image reference, I could see a number of similar items from represented franchises serve as reskins of the item; Treasure chests from Shovel Knight, gift boxes from Five Nights at Freddy's, etc.

Top Bottom