• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Nah. Upwards gravity seems to just add additional gravity on the way up.

Osi

Smash Ace
dang, then I'd need a code for .95?

that totally explains why we didn't notice it feeling floaty or anything on stage... no wonder... well now I feel pretty ********, lets hope none of my crew members read this lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If that works, it would make short hops even higher, though.

Osi

Smash Ace
Yea sadly it will.... man would be nice if you could edit just short or just full hops lol.

I guess people will just need to be more careful off the edge because I'm not about to have higher SHs on. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up guys, I was totally backwards on that one.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yea sadly it will.... man would be nice if you could edit just short or just full hops lol.

I guess people will just need to be more careful off the edge because I'm not about to have higher SHs on. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up guys, I was totally backwards on that one.
Things happen man. I was also a slight bit confused with the fall code. So you're not the only one. Just keep the value in that increases fast falls. It's not a big deal. :)

I'd suggest 1.25, as that's what I'm going to try. I was testing 1.35 but I realized it was probably a tad too much. It made following up after certain attacks really difficult because the enemy fell so fast. For example, I found it impossible to as Falcon throw someone down and land a sweet spotted knee on them at 11.75% stun. They'd hit the ground before I could follow up. This was evident at high percents as well, even 100%. Hopefully 1.25 will not be like this.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Things happen man. I was also a slight bit confused with the fall code. So you're not the only one. Just keep the value in that increases fast falls. It's not a big deal. :)

I'd suggest 1.25, as that's what I'm going to try. I was testing 1.35 but I realized it was probably a tad too much. It made following up after certain attacks really difficult because the enemy fell so fast. For example, I found it impossible to as Falcon throw someone down and land a sweet spotted knee on them at 11.75% stun. They'd hit the ground before I could follow up. This was evident at high percents as well, even 100%. Hopefully 1.25 will not be like this.
why do you want such a broken combo .. the knee kills at like 80% most chars dont have gauenteed kill combos. so really do falco and falcon need these things? falcon can still combo like crazy and do things like the gauenteed uthrow uair uair and such no matter how someone DIs. i dont think we should be sad when a great char loses a CG or insta kill combo >_>'

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Burnt_Toast about getting rid of footstool jumping, though I don't think its worse than tripping, its just as bad. Or if there was someway to at least get rid of the aerial footstool jump, ground footstool isn't as bad and is quite comical, the aerial footstool is just dumb.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I have to agree with Burnt_Toast about getting rid of footstool jumping, though I don't think its worse than tripping, its just as bad. Or if there was someway to at least get rid of the aerial footstool jump, ground footstool isn't as bad and is quite comical, the aerial footstool is just dumb.
I think footstooling is a stupid way to fight tbh. I have no strong opinions about removing it atm even though I hate it.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I think footstooling is a stupid way to fight tbh. I have no strong opinions about removing it atm even though I hate it.
Well if you get to it, great. If not, it's not a massive drawback that needs fixing.

How do other people feel about footstool jumping?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I don't see what the problem with foot stool jumping is. Also, Dthrow to knee is not a "broken combo" as it can EASILY be DIed out of.. and it's harder to do at lower percents. So.... Yeah...

Osi

Smash Ace
I down throw to knee a lot, just not the sweet spot knee. I use the weak one as a chain move to punish bad DI.

Man I just got on the IC for the first time on brawl+, omg they are fun as hell. They have the same chaingrab combos, some awesome combos with the hitstun added, and also a unreal WD!

Expect some IC in my next video lol.

matt4300

Smash Ace
sigh... i hate to ask but can anyone here give me mubas DD code? the one with no turn animation.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
sigh... i hate to ask but can anyone here give me mubas DD code? the one with no turn animation.
Run Cancel - Stop Turn Cancel - Shield End Cancel (12 Lines) (Muba)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 0000000A
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800000 60000000
2C030000 41820010
2C1C001C 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Here's his code, which combines three action modifiers into one neat code. Run cancel, so you can stop your momentum when you want to. Stop turn cancel which removes the turn around animations so you get much more fluid movements. Do any attack out of a shield...

This code = temporary dash dance code

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Run Cancel - Stop Turn Cancel - Shield End Cancel (12 Lines) (Muba)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 0000000A
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800000 60000000
2C030000 41820010
2C1C001C 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Here's his code, which combines three action modifiers into one neat code. Run cancel, so you can stop your momentum when you want to. Stop turn cancel which removes the turn around animations so you get much more fluid movements. Do any attack out of a shield...

This code = temporary dash dance code
Hey, that's a new one, when did this come out? I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm not sure we should have any attack out of shield until maybe the shield is nerfed. Of course, the options will be cool, but I don't think the shield needs a boost...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hey, that's a new one, when did this come out? I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm not sure we should have any attack out of shield until maybe the shield is nerfed. Of course, the options will be cool, but I don't think the shield needs a boost...
Yeah, this is a new code. I don't know if he posted this anywhere, but I often talk to him and he sent me this new version-- which works quite nicely. Also, call me crazy, but I really didn't notice much difference with the shield at all. If you guys test this, tell me if you notice a difference.

Despite the fact that this code makes movement AMAZING, it more than likely won't make it into the final code set that is Brawl+. Characters will stop on a dime with this code, and be incredibly responsive-- which I like, but some say it takes away from the skill needed. Dash dancing for example seems to be much easier, probably because it can more freely be excuted with the shortened animation. Turning around is also immediate as you don't have lame turn around animations. It absolutely speeds op the game. What's cool is you can run from someone then turn back and dash attack into them immediately, though it takes some practice to get it right.

In the end, the PW's Dash Cancel code and the DD code he writes will better replace this code.

p.s. the only con to this code, being that it removes the ending of the dash animations, is that Squirtle can no longer shell shift... Also, I wonder if Snake can still Snake Dash... some1 should test that.

Either way I can't wait for sheild stun, a fully realized DD code, etc..

matt4300

Smash Ace
since we have all been testing hitstun for a while now how does ness stack up to lucas with these codes? is he still worse? or did he get better than lucas OR are the about the same?

and whats this about removeing footstools? thats just about the biggest waste of time/code since the ingame char switcher...

kupo15

Smash Hero
I added two new codes that I think have been around for a while. Whatever you do to the global speed code you must do the opposite to the level speed code

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
So how's the Global Speed Ratio code? And whats the number everyone has been testing?

Edit: Wow, you added that comment write when i was writing mine lol

Almas

Smash Lord
Why must the opposite be done to the level speed code?

You won't notice the shield thing much because I believe shield drop lag is about 8 frames. This is ~1/7th of a second.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Guys I played with the no sweet spot code, and it is legit imo. ZSS is going to be really good with her downsmash to bair stage spike. You really have to time it perfectly to not get owned, Toonlink kinda gets a recovery nerf, which is not that bad because he is the really good with hitstun almost 2 good so this brings him back down to everyone else kinda, Metas edge tricks are not as gay but I still would not battle him around that area he still has the advantage but now you can edgeguard him easier just dont do reckless stuff. As of now it does nerf his upB imo.

No glitches at the moment with it Ill try and get vids up.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Guys I played with the no sweet spot code, and it is legit imo. ZSS is going to be really good with her downsmash to bair stage spike. You really have to time it perfectly to not get owned, Toonlink kinda gets a recovery nerf, which is not that bad because he is the really good with hitstun almost 2 good so this brings him back down to everyone else kinda, Metas edge tricks are not as gay but I still would not battle him around that area he still has the advantage but now you can edgeguard him easier just dont do reckless stuff. As of now it does nerf his upB imo.

No glitches at the moment with it Ill try and get vids up.
I find that TL can abuse the ledge the most still. He can AS if started at the right time when he should not...but ehh...

Also, Ike and Pit can use there dtilt spikes now +)

Finns7

Smash Ace
so can link, I dont have a problem with TL though because its not as bad...and really as we advance with these settings we will learn ways to counter this I believe. Toonlink is kinda built for the ledge aswell as meta though, like how shiek was built for combos in melee/brawl and Falcon is built for smexiness. The + that comes out of this is now they can be punished like you said.

kupo15

Smash Hero
so can link, I dont have a problem with TL though because its not as bad...and really as we advance with these settings we will learn ways to counter this I believe. Toonlink is kinda built for the ledge aswell as meta though, like how shiek was built for combos in melee/brawl and Falcon is built for smexiness. The + that comes out of this is now they can be punished like you said.
Yea and you can probably hog the ledge if you time it right also.

Ganon gets a ledge buff since he always swats now

homsar

Smash Ace
How does No Auto Sweetspotting effect tethers? Also, if it doesn't work on Lucario, Ness, and Lucas how does this effect match ups for them?

Finns7

Smash Ace
I can only see ness's edgeguarding going into beast mode and lucas's aswell (if you know what your doing, and if they recover 2 early). The auto sweet spot does not effect tethers its the same from what I seen I main link btw and I used zzs to when I tried it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Of all the codes released so far, I can see the no auto-sweetspot ledge code reshaping the tier list more than anything else.

Also, I finally listened to the SBR podcast yesterday. They mentioned that the codes make the game more like melee, and that some will prefer the codes, and some won't. I disagree with this point. Other than MAD, these codes are making the game just as much like 64 as melee. They're just adding traditional competitive elements from both the preceding smash games. Also, (and I admit that I am quite biased) I think that you can dispute the modifiers for the codes (I.E. Hitstun %) but I feel like in general it's hard to deny that these codes make the game more competitive and more true to its roots.

Finally, I respect KishPrime's choice of starting on the low end of hitsun and working his way up. I also can understand the argument about how everyone's pulling off too much sick stuff too early. My (perhaps shallow) argument for starting high is that, quite simply, it's flashier. Right now, combo videos like Osi's are spreading serious hype about Brawl+. A higher value might attract more people with the promise of a more exciting game. Then again, you could just as easily say the opposite, that newcomers will be disgruntled by being 0-to-deathed.

Either way I'm terrified of MK.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Shell use ganondorf grab him throw down then do an air attack until about 90 then just do the sideB and buffer in a sparta there you go. Or you can thunderstomp him to hell because of hitstun which gets him to 50 really fast lol, seriously though meta is not broken.

I was using 10 then I went to 11.75, but now Im back at 10 because Im to lazy to find the thread about the values, anyway I was saying what kish said, the combos will only get much more **** tastic but people where like no it feels like normal brawl >_> with gravity codes 11.75 is kinda outrageous

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Shell use ganondorf grab him throw down then do an air attack until about 90 then just do the sideB and buffer in a sparta there you go. Or you can thunderstomp him to hell because of hitstun which gets him to 50 really fast lol, seriously though meta is not broken.

I was using 10 then I went to 11.75, but now Im back at 10 because Im to lazy to find the thread about the values, anyway I was saying what kish said, the combos will only get much more **** tastic but people where like no it feels like normal brawl >_> with gravity codes 11.75 is kinda outrageous
Ganon does not combo mk to death...

He might combo him to a high percent, but definitely not to death. >_>

Osi

Smash Ace
I agree 11.75% with the faster fall rate is just too much lol. I have now gone back to 10% as I play on 1.25 fall rate.

Glad you think my vids are helping the hype a bit shell. The whole reason I'm trying to post a ton of them fast is to build that hype up. I really want brawl+ to catch on and stay around as a main portion of tourneys.

I agree that some may not like going to tournaments if they get 0-death combo'd the entire time. The good thing is that most of the ones I've found have a few spots to tech/DI out of it, so nothing looks too hard to deal with yet. The are a few characters that can seriously wreck people right now. IC for one can chaingrab into some pretty insane combos with histun. Expect to see some IC footage soon!

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Some were talking about footstool and imo it should be kept. It really doesn't harm the game, is unique to brawl, and actually adds competitive depth considering some characters use it to make up for their lack of KO moves. Throwing it out to me is just a refusal to move forward in the series or lack of precision on the players part if the move is actually screwing with your combos.

Top Bottom