• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Another good idea. Check your smoke detectors' batteries 'cause you're on fire.

I wouldn't worry much about PSing becoming too difficult, something tells me that a 1 frame PS window isn't that hard to hit and with an NPS window following it just makes it even more appealing.
Thanks, but if there is one thing I learned from Java class, its that something may sound easy on paper but actually be much harder when you start actually coding it. I hope the hackers try out my ideas and I hope they are as easy as they sound in theory (relatively speaking of course).

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I was messing with the launch speed code and managed to get rid of Shiek's f-tilt lock.

I used 00320064 for both bubbles.

What this does, instead, is that it hits the opponent into the air, high enough and long enough for an uair or bair depending on their DI.

This, however, prevents the overpowering of Luigi's kick, Falco's tilt and upsmash, and anything else sharing this bubble.

Could others test this?

Edit: BTW, luigi's nair kills mario at 137, and falco's upsmash kills at 141. These are considering the damage AFTER the hit, not before.

storm92

Smash Ace
I was messing with the launch speed code and managed to get rid of Shiek's f-tilt lock.

I used 00320064 for both bubbles.

What this does, instead, is that it hits the opponent into the air, high enough and long enough for an uair or bair depending on their DI.

This, however, prevents the overpowering of Luigi's kick, Falco's tilt and upsmash, and anything else sharing this bubble.

Could others test this?
Yeah, this bug has been reported before (and now you pretty much confirmed it).
Ugh.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You say it hits them high enough. Do you suppose one of the addresses is vertical KB and the other horizontal? That would be way cool if we found something like that on accident.

I guess the easiest way to test would be to set the values super high and check out what's wrong. I might be able to do this later.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Do you mean more so with the Sheik fix? Cause he already did have an ftilt lock, at least in vBrawl.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
He had it in vanilla brawl? Never knew that.

How come no one ever used it?

And it doesn't seem too different, regardless of the code.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
He had it in vanilla brawl? Never knew that.

How come no one ever used it?

And it doesn't seem too different, regardless of the code.

EDIT:My crappy connection caused this double post. Sorry.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The timing was somewhat difficult. I'm not sure what's doing it, but my guess is hitstun is making it easier.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This knockback code should only tweak the knockback of moves that we specifically want effected. If we want to tweak Sheik's tilt lock then we should make sure it only effects that one move and no other. However, her tilt is very important to her, we shouldn't make it so that it flat out knocks the enemy away, or far above sheik. Poor DI should result in the continued beating with a few more Ftilts. It shouldn't "lock" the enemy but it shouldn't be nerfed so much that it's stripped of its comboing potential. It's a great comboing move which strings together her Down tilt, utilt, and u smash. At the core of all of this comboing is her tilt. If it ruins her... I'll be angry. We should atleast buff her Fair if we plan on nerfing the tilt.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Her ftilt only needs to be increased by like... 700 base launch speed. I'd also like to take the growth rate down to 16 rather than 17 to counteract this for higher percent comboing (it would still take away the lock, of course), but we still don't have a subtraction code for launch speed. Well, not to mention that this code is affecting other characters' moves.

And yes, we should buff her fair while we're at this. Not by a lot, but it should at least start sending you into the tumble sooner than it does right now.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Yes, we might as well just wait for a new code before u start doin the math and testing. Theres no use using this code if its gonna effect others.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Logically I don't think the problem is that they share hitboxes. I don't see how any part of Shiek's ftilt can match the hitbox of Luigi's Nair or Falco's Usmash, besides the fact that they all send people directly upwards.

Maybe we should have people start making a list like Phantom said. That way we know for sure if any hitboxes share the same address, or even if a move effects multiple addresses.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Uhm, since we made it harder to powershield, would it be a bad idea if we include a code into the to do list which makes powershields reflecting projectiles again?
The only difference is that you don't PS when you don't want to. PSing is still easy to time it just won't happen by accident as much

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Kupo
I just back from my woman's place so I'm a bit behind, but I do want to mention something. On the main page have your list set up as the "unofficial standard" without any other links. Last I checked there were tons of people that liked mine too. I don't mind you pushing your agenda, but a lot of people aren't patient enough to find what other code sets are being used. Just a heads up, put up more codesets.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Kupo, in the HAD thread you mentioned the need for an OP to keep strict neutrality.

I think it wouldn't hurt to stay somewhat neutral on the codeset issue by also putting up Mookie's, which I and many others enjoy (with a few modifications).

Eaode

Smash Champion
I would say put up mine, (as mine is amazing) but that would be going a little far xD. You guys can just ask me if you want it, k?

Also, Expect Fresh Brawl+ matches from me soon :D spent all day today playing Brawl+ with a friend

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The only difference is that you don't PS when you don't want to. PSing is still easy to time it just won't happen by accident as much
I like my idea that I mentioned earlier. We first learn to control NPS, then we set PS to 1 and make it reflect. Finally we set up NPS to work like PS (I don't really understand what NPS actually is) without the reflection and set it to whatever we want the shield timing to be. See? NPS was actually a blessing in disguise.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Really, what should be done is the creation of a Brawl+ Video topic, where good Brawl+ versus matches and otherwise can be posted an organized by user that made and submitted the videos. Next to each user can be a link to their codeset.

This way people can see the effects of differing codesets immediately , and easily test multiple configurations easily based on the videos they liked.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm sure some of you have heard about the forum storm and I were making for brawl+. Well, it's fully set up now, and ready to be populated. It seems to be just the kind of place for us to take the HAD vs BAD discussion, as well, so please be sure to post on the announcements thread after you register.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/BrawlPLUS_Brigade/index.php?act=idx

edit: Ok guys, I just saw this when I refreshed the page on BB.
23 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes: 15 guests, 8 members, 0 anonymous members
REGISTER PEOPLE! THEN POST ON THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD! Thank you for your time.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Here's the code to do what that video did:

Control Losers on Victory Screen
4A000000 8077F908
D2000000 00000003
2C1e0110 40820008
3BC0010E 60000000
93DD0038 00000000

Don't know who made it, though.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
you can only control the losing char? Seems like I won't ever be able to use it ;D. Toss that in a set:) maybe my cousins won't throw the controllers when they lose from now on.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Why can't we just find a value to nerf shiek's ftilt while not overpowering the nair and upsmash? It can't be that hard.

kupo15

Smash Hero
@Kupo
I just back from my woman's place so I'm a bit behind, but I do want to mention something. On the main page have your list set up as the "unofficial standard" without any other links. Last I checked there were tons of people that liked mine too. I don't mind you pushing your agenda, but a lot of people aren't patient enough to find what other code sets are being used. Just a heads up, put up more codesets.
Kupo, in the HAD thread you mentioned the need for an OP to keep strict neutrality.

I think it wouldn't hurt to stay somewhat neutral on the codeset issue by also putting up Mookie's, which I and many others enjoy (with a few modifications).
Um yea, you don't have to remind me when mookie posted above you.

Sorry I have been busy with school but yea sure mookie I'll put yours up just upload it to rapidshare like I did and pm me the link and include your variables.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I just tried the "Hold L for freeze" code, and for whatever reason it would freeze (no pun intended) the entire wii. To the point where we have to remove the power to the console to turn it off. I may be the only one with this problem, but i still think it is something to look into.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I was kind of lazy and didn't want to sort through posts. : (

shanus

Smash Hero
cool vid falco400, there were some very nice clips in there! My vote is next time shorter video with just the gems! Most people make vids nowadays which are just too long whereas a short video with just epic clips is far more enjoyable :O

good stuffs

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Um yea, you don't have to remind me when mookie posted above you.

Sorry I have been busy with school but yea sure mookie I'll put yours up just upload it to rapidshare like I did and pm me the link and include your variables.
After I get home from school today, I will also be adding all of the "unofficial standard" code sets such as Kupo's and Mookie's to my SD Card Package. This way new people who are getting into Brawl+ will already have the sets.

Edit: I'm not getting the activation email for the Brawl+ board. I guess I'll have to wait until later to join.

Top Bottom