• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Though this may have been said already, as for character nerfs / buffs.. How about buffing Sheik's Fair? Making it a more reliable kill move.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Though this may have been said already, as for character nerfs / buffs.. How about buffing Sheik's Fair? Making it a more reliable kill move.
I Think Sheik has Nair/Bair already. Usmash and Uair for lightweights. I don't really think she needs a buff. This goes in the character buff/nerf thread anyway

matt4300

Smash Ace
im pretty sure we are buffing bad chars and nerfing good ones .... not the other way around...

we will be nerfing shiek not buffing her... (ftilt)

its not about makeing your fave chars/ or others fave chars more fun its about balanceing the game

@ Heavyarms2050: i really wish i could help there but i dont have any kind of recording device... wich is why i want to be very active in the char balanceing.... i havent been about to help with much else

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Is it possible to disable ladders? They really piss me off in Rumble Falls and 75m. And I don't care what anyone says, I really like those stages and despite Brawl+ being designed for boosting the tourny scene, it also makes casual matches more fun.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Is it possible to disable ladders? They really piss me off in Rumble Falls and 75m. And I don't care what anyone says, I really like those stages and despite Brawl+ being designed for boosting the tourny scene, it also makes casual matches more fun.
Crap, I just realized that I sounded pretty rude in that last post. Sorry about that, I was just concerned that everyone would just claim my idea was useless just because those levels aren't tournament legal. Again, sorry and also again, I think that ladders should not do anything.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Please, character discussions in the appropriate threads please!!!

On a side note, I hate swimming and think it would be better off how melee did water. Thoughts?

Eaode

Smash Champion
Swimming kills Jungle Japes, other than that, I don't really mind. It's annoying but not game breaking. I do think that squirtle should have like triple the swim time though */Brawl+ Squirtle main*

kupo15

Smash Hero
Swimming kills Jungle Japes, other than that, I don't really mind. It's annoying but not game breaking. I do think that squirtle should have like triple the swim time though */Brawl+ Squirtle main*
What do you mean kills jungle japes? It was fine in melee and I think pirate ship will be a better stage to fight on with that little boat occasionally coming to save ppl

Eaode

Smash Champion
I meant Brawl's swimming mechanic kills JJ. If you fall in the water on the left side you're dead, and overall it just ruined the cool stuff you used to be able to do by dipping in the water. I'm saying I don't like Brawl swimming but I don't really know if it should be taken out. If there were a code to remove it I'd try it out and see how it was. I'd probably end up liking it but right now I can't really tell.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's something to test. Something I feel will be a problem is the first stop in Delfino. That ledge is not coded to be grabbable and that's a large expanse for characters to recover from. Plus they can't aim for a ledge for a safer recovery.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It's something to test. Something I feel will be a problem is the first stop in Delfino. That ledge is not coded to be grabbable and that's a large expanse for characters to recover from. Plus they can't aim for a ledge for a safer recovery.
you mean the beach? That would be interesting having no ledges for 15 secs

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
No the one that stops in the main plaza. Right where the first level was in Sunshine. The more I think about it the more I realize no swimming would ruin Delfino. (In my opinion.) Question is...

Is it worth ruining Delfino for what we assume will make the other swimming levels better?

EDIT: My only problem with swimming is the spike chains it leads to. Nothing is more frustrating then being spike chained as you helplessly swim up to the surface over and over.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I don't think removing swimming is necessary. At all. It kills parts of delfino, jungle japes sucked to begin with, and it would take away from some of the uniqueness of pirate ship, too. A big part of that stage that appeals to people is the water battles, trying to get a spike, which I think adds some really unique depth to the water mechanic.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
but that's how the stage plays, there is a risk to some things and people take advantage of it.

Maybe swimming should have less delay before you can jump again. Should be near instant, soon as you reach the surface.

kupo15

Smash Hero
but that's how the stage plays, there is a risk to some things and people take advantage of it.
Pirate ship is so stupid with the water though. So pirate ship, jungle and delfino (minus the beach) will be much better stages to play on IMO. Can't think of any other water stages

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Pirate ship is so stupid with the water though. So pirate ship, jungle and delfino (minus the beach) will be much better stages to play on IMO. Can't think of any other water stages
Jungle Japes, but that place sucks anyway. Oh can't forget the Ice Climbers stage. I think that's all. Basically, I don't think removing swimming will suddenly make me want to play the Pirate Ship more and I'd rather ditch the Pirate Ship for Delfino, a unique stage that still has a competitive nature to it. That's my two cents.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
I just think nearly every problem would be easily fixed by less delay in the water, you probably would get chain spiked still though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Jungle Japes, but that place sucks anyway. Oh can't forget the Ice Climbers stage. I think that's all. Basically, I don't think removing swimming will suddenly make me want to play the Pirate Ship more and I'd rather ditch the Pirate Ship for Delfino, a unique stage that still has a competitive nature to it. That's my two cents.
I like jungle japes... :(

I just think nearly every problem would be easily fixed by less delay in the water, you probably would get chain spiked still though.
I hate being able to recover from anywhere..

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Swimming, for me, took Jungle Japes from "oh god not this stage again" to "hey this is kinda fun." I really like it. I can't understand why you would want to remove it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Swimming, for me, took Jungle Japes from "oh god not this stage again" to "hey this is kinda fun." I really like it. I can't understand why you would want to remove it.
I hate being able to recover from anywhere. I think pirate ship would really benefit from it as well as other stages..could be interesting with these new characters

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
the water is a new element added to brawl that i don't think should be removed. it doesn't hinder the player like tripping does, it simply adds another layer of gameplay. i think it's fun and different. it's kind of like footstooling where it's a bit of a nuisance if you're not used to it, but there can be applications to be brought forth from it, or simply add something interesting to the stages.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
I think it's not too big of a deal either way, I support both sides.

Also I have to take back what I said about Samus. She really is deadly. Played her last night at a party and was walking all over everyone. Donkey Kong is OP charged punch connects so easily:D. I think I survived a ness Fsmash at 160-170 with Bowser. We all love everything you guys are doing, we love your code sets Kupo :).

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
if my two cent matter for anything, i would love to play pirate ship and JJ if the water was removed completely. I will always hate Delfino with or without water and i don't see what makes it more important than PirateShip and JJ. (please feel free to educate me if you have any reasons besides your own opinion)

and do we have any idea how easy it would be to make this kind of modification? because if it is as simple as writing a few lines that cancel the water's properties, what is wrong with trying it out before making assumptions about whether it would play better or worse.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Though being able to recover from anyway is kinda lame, when you take a plunge into the water you take the risk of being spiked. As Jiang said, it's a new element. That's my two cents.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Though being able to recover from anyway is kinda lame, when you take a plunge into the water you take the risk of being spiked. As Jiang said, it's a new element. That's my two cents.
All you need to do is plop in the water near the kill zones and you are fine...

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
i don't know, i just feel like, we are working towards a much faster game, and water brings something new to the smash table sure, but who cares. tripping was new, auto sweetspoting was new and they are gone already. It slows down game play I think we should try it without, if possible.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
just a suggestion.. i hadent seen anyone mention it yet so i did.. on a side note i dont think people should just say bowser sucks and be done with it. thats not fair or just especialy to bowser mains. something needs to be done with 1/3rd of the cast and the more global mods we do the better the other 2/3rds of the cast gets. air momentum is one more free hit for fox and falcon...

with specific char buffs/nerfs theres no reason we cant make everyone toptier and have a game thats all about matchups. (agin if all works out with the code thing falco400 posted about a few pages back)
Reading your post brings up the question will B+ keep updating itself? What I mean is B+ going to have a static rule set issued out after we get everything worked out? Or will it be more dynamic allowing for character tweaks every so offten or after major turnnies?

I ask this because there I can't forsee the B+ programmers getting everyone close to top tier viable without constent updates from pros and the like.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I think the water is fine. The only problem I've found with it is that it favors characters with spikes, especially certain characters (Ness comes to mind). A quicker reaction time once you get in the water to jump back out would alleviate this.

On another note, 93% size is just right. 90% made the stage flow a little odd (certain platforms couldn't be reached well enough). Combine it with 1.1 upwards gravity (or something more proportional like 1.07 gravity). The game is much less floaty, with the recoveries being much more reasonable, and the levels larger, with all the characters recoveries remaining pretty similar.

Code:
Upwards Gravity 110% (1 Line)
* 04641520 3F8CCCCD

.93 Size Modifier (P1)
* 4A000000 90180F20
* 140000D8 3F6E147B
* E0000000 80008000

.93 Size Modifier (P2)
* 4A000000 90180F7C
* 140000D8 3F6E147B
* E0000000 80008000

.93 Size Modifier (P3)
* 4A000000 90180FD8
* 140000D8 3F6E147B
* E0000000 80008000

.93 Size Modifier (P4)
* 4A000000 90181034
* 140000D8 3F6E147B
* E0000000 80008000
I do suggest that if you use the higher gravity, modification to your shorthops should be adjusted properly (.9 should instead be more like .95).

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Character games and matchs up would constently be changing. And you'd be sol if your region is using an outdated set or just changed and you didn't know. All of this is wayyy in the future but I was just kinda wondering.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Far as I'd understand (or more accurately , suggest), it will be officially released with several updated versions (each version dealing with any balance issues).

kupo15

Smash Hero
Character games and matchs up would constently be changing. And you'd be sol if your region is using an outdated set or just changed and you didn't know. All of this is wayyy in the future but I was just kinda wondering.
I would say our job is to make this game work again with the fixes to the game mechanics and have some balancing issues then the SBR will prob take over the patches

Eaode

Smash Champion
I would say our job is to make this game work again with the fixes to the game mechanics and have some balancing issues then the SBR will prob take over the patches
This seems best. We can't have this always going on, with a ton of people all wanting different changes. it should be left to the SBR to decide what is actually necessary. with balance atches I could see this game living for a hell of a long time.

Top Bottom