• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
those arnt combo, they were badly DIing and had slow reaction, oh wait, this is brawl+, awesome video Falco400. But what really Brawl+ really needs after watching the video is a code that can differentiate meteor hits and spikes

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Meh, I kinda like the strength of the spikes now. Making some actual spikes and other meteors would give some characters an unfair advantage and give others a nerf.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hay guize. Do I just copy the full codeset and apply it? I need to know these things so I can start running tournaments with this stuff to test the validity of codes. D: D: D:

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Good **** Falco. I favorited the video. I still feel Kupo's set has too much Hitstun, but that video was **** cool. It's too bad we aren't close to each other, would be fun to play some B+ matches.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
One question: what exactly does this "fresh" bonus on the latest decay code do?

Almas

Smash Lord
Exactly as it used to do.

Any move not on the stale move list deals an extra 5% damage/knockback.

GPDP

Smash Ace
One question: what exactly does this "fresh" bonus on the latest decay code do?
Normally, with Brawl's default decay system, a "fresh" move will add an extra 5% bonus on damage and knockback. The no-decay code leaves this "fresh" bonus while getting rid of the rest of the decay functions. In other words, a fresh move will add the 5% bonus, but subsequent moves will perform as if there's no decay or bonus whatsoever. This is to encourage saving your kill moves for the fresh bonus.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
That's a hella cool solution.

Keep in mind that even if we have 0-death combos in this, that's only a 1/4 life combo if you play with 4 stock. 1/5 with 5 stock. And with Brawl's wacky DI tricks, most combos should be escapable.

D

Deleted member

That's a hella cool solution.

Keep in mind that even if we have 0-death combos in this, that's only a 1/4 life combo if you play with 4 stock. 1/5 with 5 stock. And with Brawl's wacky DI tricks, most combos should be escapable.
0-death is unwanted, if we have already found those now, we either have to change some things or those will be dominating the game

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Everything I've seen or done that could be considered 0-death could be DIed out of or prevented in some form or fashion by the defender. At least in my codeset that is :-P. BTW, my codeset should be up soon, I'm going to email them to Kupo once he gets my PM asking for his email.

ABRUPT SUBJECT CHANGE!

SOMEBODY needs to explain to me how to make codes affect specific characters only. I know this is possible cause I'm pretty sure there used to be a thread/post that talked about how to make broad codes affect certain characters and the like. I really want to use this extra code space to do a handful of character specific adjustments, and if it works the way I think it would then I could experiment with it in a big bulky code that later could be condensed. I'd like to adjust short hop heights, upward gravity, and slight knock back changes.

I think everyone agrees that a lot of the characters that aren't so hot are cause they can't KO. Characters like Mario, Samus, ZSS, and Sheik have a hard time getting KOs. We all know that some characters benefit from shorter short hops and others don't. Some characters could get a slight boost and the extra diversity by setting their upwards grav to 1.1. I'd like to test it out and see how it affects the game. It should help with balance without making things crazy.

Keep in mind that I'm not claiming to know how balanced Brawl+ is, but I do know that some characters have obvious problems that the codes haven't addressed and we can easily fix it.

Almas

Smash Lord
The codes aren't currently available. My exams are done, I'll work on something like that for you tomorrow.

Character specific gravity may (in its current incarnation) have to modify both up and down. Though I know how to modify down so I could cause an opposite change in the other locations.

EDIT: Can you log on AIM or something Mookie? I'd appreciate a conversation with you.

Revven

FrankerZ
cool vid falco400, there were some very nice clips in there! My vote is next time shorter video with just the gems! Most people make vids nowadays which are just too long whereas a short video with just epic clips is far more enjoyable :O

good stuffs
Yeah I know, I WANTED to make it shorter actually but, then I found some other combos that I liked so I added them in last second. And, you can pretty much tell some parts are filler and such (such as the Sheik Ftilt lock tidbit, I just wanted to show how gay it REALLY is even though I die anyway).

Thanks for the comments though! :)

those arnt combo, they were badly DIing and had slow reaction, oh wait, this is brawl+, awesome video Falco400.
Thanks!

Good **** Falco. I favorited the video. I still feel Kupo's set has too much Hitstun, but that video was **** cool. It's too bad we aren't close to each other, would be fun to play some B+ matches.
Yeah, I'd say kupo should put it down to 9%, 9.5% is a bit too close to 10%. But, thank you for the comment, means a lot to me hehe. And, yeah, I wish we could too actually, I needz moar friends of mine to play Brawl+.

I think I'm gonna bring Brawl+ to this smash club my friends have at school, I'm not even gonna give a **** if people whine about it. I'm gonna mandate it being 1v1 as well so, no BS FFAs and people whining about getting tossed around and not being able to do nothin'. :laugh:

Hopefully, I can get some awesome combos then too (this Friday), we'll see. I need more B+ practice anyway, my DI is terrible at times in it because I still think I'm playing vB and can just jump and AD or AD out of hitstun in general. It's a terrible habit of mine lulz.

shanus

Smash Hero
Friends coming by this weekend for epic B+'age, also have most of the footage imported high quality now for an epic combo vid! Hoping to have a lot of it made/done this weekend!

BEES

Smash Lord
I will note that 9.5% is still the minimum if you have no shieldstun or hitlag codes. Those speed up offense a bit and lower the need for hitstun.

kupo15

Smash Hero
How can my hitstun be too much? I used shanus' setting :p

I uploaded a new file. I moved it to .49 hitstun, brought the shield stun dow from 13 to 11 and unchecked the shield damage code ppl requested.

Good vid falco

kupo15

Smash Hero
Why'd it take you this long to put it up? It should have been there weeks ago.
Contrary to popular belief I do not read minds and I wait until he sent me his codes directly. Its not up until sketch tells me how to add more files

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
kupo is there anyway that you can add my PS/NPS system to wherever it fits in the to do list?

shanus

Smash Hero
I feel 9.5% is the right amount with our grv settings. I don't think I'll change it until air momentum, etc.

kupo15

Smash Hero
kupo is there anyway that you can add my PS/NPS system to wherever it fits in the to do list?
sure i guess. Remind me what it is again?
I feel 9.5% is the right amount with our grv settings. I don't think I'll change it until air momentum, etc.
I think ppl thought .49 was too much in my set because i have an increased FF speed because the default FF speed is a joke imo lol

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Its general premise was that NPS becomes the new PS (so it is set to what ever is a reasonable number of frames) and PS is given a reflective property and is more like 1 frame to get. As I am not a hacker I don't know how plausible it is, but at least one other person thought it was a good idea.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You knew it existed yet you had to be asked before you posted it in this thread?
Stop bothering me. I'm not perfect and I have a lot of things to juggle with this project like maintaining this thread, talk to hackers, request codes ect unlike you so I'm sorry if I can't think of everything!!! It will be here soon and leave me alone! Geez

Added and I might as well add Makkuns tut seeing how windowls thread is dead

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
You knew it existed yet you had to be asked before you posted it in this thread?
You really have to calm down. Your lucky that someone has taken the initiative to keep everything organized and civil. This topic has remained on task and running for 300+ pages largely because of kupo. Maybe if you don't like how he is doing things you should make your own topic to rival his and see how hard it is.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Stop bothering me. I'm not perfect and I have a lot of things to juggle with this project unlike you so I'm sorry if I can't think of everything!!! It will be here soon and leave me alone! Geez
Posting that code list isn't that tough. Don't act like the issue was a lack of time. I'll quit whining now.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Kupo
I was right about sending you the wrong .txt file for my codes. That was an old one. I'm sending you the up to date one. LOL at the .75 up grav though, that was turned off even on that text file XD.

@dudes blasting Kupo
Man, you guys need to get off his case. He made an honest mistake and he was quick to fix it. It's all good.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I'm adding Kupo and Mookie's current sets to my pre-made SD card right now.

I haven't read back a few pages, but if you are creating new sets right now, let me know and I'll update. (:

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm adding Kupo and Mookie's current sets to my pre-made SD card right now.

I haven't read back a few pages, but if you are creating new sets right now, let me know and I'll update. (:
cool mookies isn't up yet because i need sketch's help I guess I can submit a rapidshire for now

txt
http://rapidshare.com/files/190364371/Mookies_Brawl_.txt.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/190364372/Mookies_Brawl_.txt.html

gct
http://rapidshare.com/files/190364373/RSBE01.gct.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/190364374/RSBE01.gct.html

trojanpooh

Smash Lord

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry. I have Homebrew installed and all already but can someone please PM me with help or link to a Smashboards guide of how to get this stuff to work? Everything else I've tried doesn't...can't seem to figure it out. I feel so lost.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. I have Homebrew installed and all already but can someone please PM me with help or link to a Smashboards guide of how to get this stuff to work? Everything else I've tried doesn't...can't seem to figure it out. I feel so lost.
Hey, get on the IRC (http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus). There's a few guys on at the moment, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out, and can answer questions in more detail without clogging the thread.

Top Bottom