• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
And swing dancing is hard
My friend and I did a free one at UCCS once. It reminded us of martial arts (for him, Muay Thai. For me, Ninjutsu). After the session was done, we couldn't do it again. I remember in one particular instance, one of the movements is just like throwing someone across the room in Ninjutsu. I don't want to "accidentally" chuck some unlucky girl because I've gone through the motions way too many times in the dojo.

Yea lol, i haven't had to much time for brawl lately but i wanna try and get into offline again.
Wait you live in Highlands Ranch. Do you know a Benaji261?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I did a free one at UCCS once. It reminded us of martial arts (for him, Muay Thai. For me, Ninjutsu). After the session was done, we couldn't do it again. I remember in one particular instance, one of the movements is just like throwing someone across the room in Ninjutsu. I don't want to "accidentally" chuck some unlucky girl because I've gone through the motions way too many times in the dojo.

Wait you live in Highlands Ranch. Do you know a Benaji261?
Z u know i live in highlands ranch also but i just put denver and never changed it

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Oh, shin was mad cause I posted something on her twitter, which linked to her myspace. Then everyone was like wtf.

Anyways, I am up to smash agn!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm not usually a talker, but I guess I could give this a shot.

For the most part, during my younger age I wanted most to be an engineer of car bodies for a formula one team. I quickly learned through basic engineering courses that it was not for me, and I scratched that. After that whole experience I wasn't left with much desire for any trade in particular, but it was around this time that I started to write often and get into music. Most of my writings are of introspective nature, but for the latter portion: essays of political nature, philosophical writings, rough screenplays, and structure for concept albums. Overall I could say I've written over 500-600 pages collectively of all the aforementioned, and have the rough musical concept for an album (entirely instrumental with inferred meaning, whatever that may be). Also I am in a fairly successful local band characterized by many to sound like Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed! You Black Emperor. Roughly it has been explained to be post rock, indie, which is a little odd I suppose.

I also partake in photography. I stage abstract pictures with high emphasis on lighting and color spectrum, though still stay true to the abstract essence. This is more on the side of everything else though.

In the end, I plan on going to college to study philosophy as my major, and possibly physics going more in the direction of quantum if time and money allows. Turns out though, I'll be moving to Virginia by the end of summer to pursue these studies along with fully fleshing out my musical ideas.

I guess that's roughly it?

Edit: ****, after being sick for three days, I forgot I have a test in a few hours. Time to stay up aaaaaaaaallllll night.
Awwww.... We're gonna miss yoooou. :(

Hey

You said post rock, right?

Gimme. I loooooooooove post rock.

Also, if anyone here is dumb enough to drink a 4oz bottle of Robitussin

Listen to post rock about an hour in

God is an Astronaut
65 Days of Static

Are the best ones I've found

You'll be so happy you won't know what to do

hahahaha

We should have a tussin fest

Not really, tho

wassuppppppppp
yayayay! Thanks for coming back!

Good mornin' CO
mornin'!

===

Roman, you're like a smash machine nowadays. Imma hafta play you again to see how much you've improved.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Hey Colorado, I have spring break on the second week of March so I would be able to attend a tournament then. Anyone mind holding a Melee and Brawl tournament on March 6?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey Colorado, I have spring break on the second week of March so I would be able to attend a tournament then. Anyone mind holding a Melee and Brawl tournament on March 6?
I'm sure we can figure out somethin'

light is going to auto win
You don't know about our Melee scene, sooooonnn.

EDIT: Can anyone host a Barwlfest Saturday or something? I got about 5-6 new players that sound pretty interested.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Awwww.... We're gonna miss yoooou. :(

Hey

You said post rock, right?

Gimme. I loooooooooove post rock.

Also, if anyone here is dumb enough to drink a 4oz bottle of Robitussin

Listen to post rock about an hour in

God is an Astronaut
65 Days of Static

Are the best ones I've found

You'll be so happy you won't know what to do

hahahaha

We should have a tussin fest

Not really, tho

I checked out 65 Days of Static, and this song reminds me a lot of a song that my band wrote, so I guess we might be your style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WneDU-K3Sww

Also, we're in the horrible, horrible process of recording right now. As soon as we lay down some better mixed tracks, I'll give 'em to ya. We're going to release an EP hopefully sometime soon, and then finish a full length by the time I leave in the summer.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I checked out 65 Days of Static, and this song reminds me a lot of a song that my band wrote, so I guess we might be your style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WneDU-K3Sww

Also, we're in the horrible, horrible process of recording right now. As soon as we lay down some better mixed tracks, I'll give 'em to ya. We're going to release an EP hopefully sometime soon, and then finish a full length by the time I leave in the summer.
It's a pretty tight song. Lemme know when you'll be at a fest/tourney sometime, and I'll bring mah .flac versions of their stuff along with headphones.

And yeah, definitely give me that ASAP. Or just lemme know when/where you guys play, soz I can head down n' check it out.

Hey tony. :) How are ya doing
Alright. Tiny tummy ache, bored, and wanting a jorb, but other than that, purdy good. Yourself?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
What doesn't work?
Well, the characters. Tony got the main file, and we got the character files from the first post. Pretty sure we got them all. But after they were on the sd card and we launched the game from gecko, it just played normal. No ridiculous things =(

Also, maaaaaaaybe I'll hold a fest saturday. I probably can, actually. Sure, why not. But I demand cookies or something for my trouble!

Also, hooray for more people possibly joining the scene. I also like how for the most part, it's still everyone maining a different character. That's ridiculous.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, right, Yang asked about being a game tester.

Well, the job starts out with a day of getting shown around the buildings, and lectured on dos and don'ts. You get it explained in very good detail that everything in the testing room is confidential, nothing goes past the locked door that you get a keycard for. A keycard you leave at security each night and pick up every morning. After having everything you can be "completed" for explained, you go into another room, where you're introduced to the idea of finding bugs and testing. They show some examples of all the different classifications of bugs, things like hard locks, soft locks, text issues, and so on.

After that, you get assigned to a project. The majority of the people there, including you, are temp workers, but each project has at least 2 permanent employees running the thing. If a project is just starting, you spend the first week just playing the game, and filling out surveys about what you liked/disliked and what should be changed. My first project was Mario Pinball, and the early builds of it were awful.

After you've gotten used to the game, everyone gets assigned portions of the game to test. Maybe you're testing world 1, or maybe you're stuck testing the fishing pond in a zelda game. Either way, when you get a new build of a game, you play through the game once, then test your area. Usually your area gets assigned by what the perms see you doing well or right. In big brain academy, my testing job was to get all the platinum medals, since I could get them all fastest.

This starts out as a 40 hour a week thing, with an hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks through the day. I usually ended up playing melee on the breaks and during lunch. When a project is getting near done, however, hours and overtime begin piling up. If you're on an average project, it may mean going to 50 or 60 hours a week, by adding 2 hours on at night, and work on saturday. If you're on an extremely important or buggy project...well, a month of 90 hour weeks can strain sanity. Heck, 40 hour weeks already made me not want to play games when I got home from work, I'd just watch roommates play them and surf the internet.

Sounds like a bit of a downer, I suppose. But that's where the co-workers come in. A surprisingly diverse bunch, they're all pretty awesome. Some are jerks, but have their good points, and overall the co-workers made that job what it was. When the Wii got named, everyone there spent 2 hours just making jokes about it, barely working. It was freaking hilarious. The co-workers get you through the days, and you do the same for them.

Overall, it was a fun time in my life. Given the chance, I might do it again.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright. Tiny tummy ache, bored, and wanting a jorb, but other than that, purdy good. Yourself?
I am doing awesome. :) I met this girl and everything is just going really well right now. :) I am signing up for spring semester at byu, but I am only going to be taking two classes and I will be working for a security place for a little bit. But, I will be able to travel a bunch next semester. :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and as for bug reporting, we had a terribly designed program that broke a lot that we entered bug descriptions into. The devs could see it and then would tell us if they fixed the bug, and we'd have to go back and check it next build. There was also a checklist of important things that the perms usually took care of, like no loading screens longer than 25 seconds, and no screen without motion for more than 6 seconds.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I am doing awesome. :) I met this girl and everything is just going really well right now. :) I am signing up for spring semester at byu, but I am only going to be taking two classes and I will be working for a security place for a little bit. But, I will be able to travel a bunch next semester. :)
Tight.

I forgot, what're you studying, again?

Please don't say business. :(

Come to CO. Smashhouse is gonna ****.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tight.

I forgot, what're you studying, again?

Please don't say business. :(

Come to CO. Smashhouse is gonna ****.
I am mostly an open major. But i am really taking an interest in sociology and psychology.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm going to live at the smash house but no one else will know I'm there.

Tim, I'll ****ing bake you cookies. Now hold a fest please. TC: Come with me. You can make it to FoCo the next day or that night!

Meno: LOL peach.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I am mostly an open major. But i am really taking an interest in sociology and psychology.
What is the appeal of Sociology? I've asked a billion people online that are majoring in it, and they all just ignore me. It seems like white people trying to understand things, but using stereotypes to do so.

Psych is kinda cool.

Myles

Smash Rookie
Wait you live in Highlands Ranch. Do you know a Benaji261?[/QUOTE]

I definitley know him lol, hes been my good friend on brawl for like almost 2 years dude.

Top Bottom