• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheese

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
ya guys im going to stay true to my word and not argue but i think i should point this out for you:

I CANT drive to any SSBB and those are the only ones that count.......at this rate i cant even get to a online tournemant (**** IT!) until my connections fixed, even so while they are fun they dont count for anything

M@v

Subarashii!
this is more ownage than link vs falco or fox....

Worst recovery vs the best edge guarder in the game....go figure....

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Theres only 1 person arguing that this isn't an 8:2 or worse matchup....don't think we have no idea what we are doing....M@v

8:2 MK

Ace55

Smash Lord
I CANT drive to any SSBB and those are the only ones that count.......at this rate i cant even get to a online tournemant (**** IT!) until my connections fixed, even so while they are fun they dont count for anything
So what you are saying is you are under 16, have never attended a tourney before, and don't have any experience against players outside your friend group. Yet you think you know enough about the game to make very bold statements, backed up by logic and examples that only you yourself seem to understand.

But yeah, the MK matchup is bad, a single dair can pretty much gimp Link every time he's off the stage. I still don't get why ROB gets a flight mode in which he can freely attack, and Link gets nothing. He should fly freaking twice as high (like Toon Link), get an upgrade to a longshot and then ROB's recovery would still be better.

Deva

Smash Lord
well, a few tricks

zair while holding a bomb and jab a lot to space, careful not to second jump on the stage so you dont get gimped, always pull a bomb and throw a rang while recovering, everytime he knocks you up dair so it at least scares him from up-bing you since that's a kill move on him at 70%, bomb drop to dair edge guard him whenever you can.

I still think the matchup is 9/1 MK's favor, but at higher levels of play, these tips seem to keep the matchup about 50/50 for me, and I've yet to lose to an MK in tournament, and I've played quite a few good ones lol.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hey Remzi right? Not much man, we need to play again , I haven't played you in forever. I loved our Sheik vs. Marth matches, we'll definitely have to play sometime soon:)
yeah definitely, those were too fun. your sheik is the only one I've played that really gives me trouble :)

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
i went to the midnight tournament and thats it, hell y would i even WANT to go to those for so much money? i believe theres a tournement thread on this forum. dude if your older than 17 and playing this.........wow.........ok im not saying you dont have a life ill probably be playing games when im 18 but seriously, you should not have time to become as skilled as some people are claiming they are if they are 18 or older........also arent you a lil too old for nintendo games? I just figured that you would prefer something like halo (im 15 turning 16 on december btw)

oh ya and will you guys do me a favor,

A year of online matches.......who knows maybe i never fought a good meta knight. So would you please give me the names and codes of GOOD meta knights, yes i could ask the meta knights themselves but then again they could just be pretending to be good.

ps Deva im going to be rusty so for my first 1-2 days back online i would like to fight you, mainly because you main link and i can unrust more easily fighting you. If you do not wish to that is fine

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Ugh.... what else did I miss during my forced hiatus from the boards?

Hmm... MK. Iono. 85:15 MK sounds good to me.

Deva pretty much stated all the tricks but one.

Jab cancel into more jabs (Yes, you need to do the crouching to jab cancel into more jabs, not Link's normal one that you don't really need to crouch). Stupid MK's will get taken from 0-40% or higher by this.

Ace55

Smash Lord
i went to the midnight tournament and thats it, hell y would i even WANT to go to those for so much money? i believe theres a tournement thread on this forum. dude if your older than 17 and playing this.........wow.........ok im not saying you dont have a life ill probably be playing games when im 18 but seriously, you should not have time to become as skilled as some people are claiming they are if they are 18 or older........also arent you a lil too old for nintendo games? I just figured that you would prefer something like halo (im 15 turning 16 on december btw)

Why would I want to play Halo once I get older. Just because the age discription says you can now play it doesn't make it a better game, or something you like. I don't own a PS3/Xbox, all I have is a Wii with two games (three with sport). When I was 15 melee just came out, and that's the main reason I own Brawl. I'm not a huge gamer anymore but I'm sure I'll be playing a select few (Nintendo) games for quite some time to come. One of them being the smash series.

Deva

Smash Lord

oh ya and will you guys do me a favor,

A year of online matches.......who knows maybe i never fought a good meta knight. So would you please give me the names and codes of GOOD meta knights, yes i could ask the meta knights themselves but then again they could just be pretending to be good.

ps Deva im going to be rusty so for my first 1-2 days back online i would like to fight you, mainly because you main link and i can unrust more easily fighting you. If you do not wish to that is fine

Wow, great to know how judgemental you are. What's so strange about someone over 17 playing smash in their spare time? I played melee competitively when I was younger, but for Brawl I only play it at tournaments. There's really no point to play such a redundant game for fun. Also, you take online too seriously. No good players play online competitively. There's too much lag to determine how good you are, and in my case for example, I can't even do half the stuff online I can irl. Getting the FC's for good MKs and playing them online wont prove anything. I play online to help other Link users though. Check for me in the chat room of this website if you need to warm up or unrust. . .

http://www.allisbrawl.com

I'm on there later at night sometimes PST.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
well it depends how much....."spare time" they have. dude im not paying $1000 just to enter a tourney. Hey you may be rich or just really like this game but either way im not paying $1000 and travelling around the world. Well as far as ive seen on the Wi-fi there is INCREDIBLY lil lag, then again i live in CA and maybe you guys have it much worse. But can you really have it THAT badly? if they are known as good players on the internet chances are they dont have many lag problems either, really if lag is as big as a issue as your making it sound i dont think they would ever be able to be considered good when they are getting their butts handed to them due to the lag. Now if i went to a tournement what would i prove? yippee i beat some random guy i dont know......no really he might have been good but still: what do i have to prove.

"Excuse me John i want you to do me a favor and go to the smash forums and state your a amazing player, oh ya and please say that i beat you"

...........well ok maybe that was a bit much but still i cant prove to you their skill level. ANYONE can enter a tournemant. There were 12 year olds in the midnight release. OH and i THINK there was a 6 year old there, or he may have been accompaning his brother. So even if they are skilled, first off how do i prove it? 2nd off how do i prove i won?

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I wish we could have our records included in our posts totals. If nintendo bothered to cater to our needs whatsoever, brawl would have been so much better when it comes to the Wifi play... I guess we always have the friend lists.

I mean, if you play link versus any high tier character, I am sure there are worst matchups than Metaknight. I personally have more problems against Wolf.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wish we could have our records included in our posts totals. If nintendo bothered to cater to our needs whatsoever, brawl would have been so much better when it comes to the Wifi play... I guess we always have the friend lists.

I mean, if you play link versus any high tier character, I am sure there are worst matchups than Metaknight. I personally have more problems against Wolf.
No there is not; Wolf has some weaknesses such as his recovery, MK has none. There is no worse matchup, it's not even debatable.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Please do not have your own personal spam fight on these boards. It's really annoying. This is a really good and well thought out guide and I am sure Bouse would like you to use the PM tool instead of filling his guide with useless spam crap.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Please do not have your own personal spam fight on these boards. It's really annoying. This is a really good and well thought out guide and I am sure Bouse would like you to use the PM tool instead of filling his guide with useless spam crap.
If you were referring to me with that post then, try and read properly. I wasn't spamming, I was just stating a rightful fact, which in fact helps in this discussion about Metaknight.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
stfu, we're on the topic of Metaknight and we are debating whether or not Metaknight is Links worst matchup, that's not spam. If I wanted too, I could point to a lot of posts in this thread made by you that technically fall under the category of spam..........calm down and be quiet.

edit:@Ray_Kalm Metaknight can throw a bunch of sh aerials in a row at you that you can't do much about creating a semi-wall-of-pain. He actually has a nice defensive game, you just don't see many MK users play defensive because they have no reason too.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
stfu, we're on the topic of Metaknight and we are debating whether or not Metaknight is Links worst matchup, that's not spam. If I wanted too, I could point to a lot of posts in this thread made by you that technically fall under the category of spam..........calm down and be quiet.
To add to that, the post Swordplay just made should be considered a spam.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Samus:
Kills Link by not letting him recover.
Link kills Samus with dair/uair?/smashes

Link's boomerang can mess with Samus's sh zair and missile stuff.
Samus's sh zair and missile stuff mess with Link's stuff.

Close up is even, both do jab stuff and tilt stuff and dsmash stuff.

yeah idk 65:35 samus lol

Swordplay

Smash Lord
If you were referring to me with that post then, try and read properly. I wasn't spamming, I was just stating a rightful fact, which in fact helps in this discussion about Metaknight.
I don't care to hear a persons insight on a matchup *Darklink* When they have claimed thay have never faced anybody good at that character. It makes anything they say just begin flame wars against that person and does not help the discussion at all.

How could you not tell I was referring to darklink Vs Deva

Anyway we are on Samus/Zamus

I'm going to go do some research

Mmac

Smash Lord
I don't think Samus/ZSS is a logical matchup. This is not exactly like Zelda/Sheik, or Pokemon Trainer in the sense, because the transform is pretty impractical, and only one way.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I don't think Samus/ZSS is a logical matchup. This is not exactly like Zelda/Sheik, or Pokemon Trainer in the sense, because the transform is pretty impractical, and only one way.
No you are right.

However, Armor has extremely high knock back. I have met a Samus player who plays Samus the entire match and switches to ZSS and the end because her armor can kill. It might be worth discussing even if it is only a little.

Even though that player wasn't that good. There is still some strategy worth mentioning behind switching at optimal moments

Bouse

Smash Ace
1. People who are good at Samus probably don't have the time to master another character which requires time logged in at that amount.
2. Just because it's one way doesn't mean it's useless. Getting 1-2 KO's with Samus and then becoming her faster form with armor parts to boot... is really kind of nice.
3. It's not impractical, the taunt transformation after a KO is easy to pull off.

It is a potential category for a type of match-up you could face. That's why I mentioned it.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Samus can edgeguard you really good with her z-airs and d-air.. mix up your recovery a lot. Save your double jump until the barrage of z-airs is over. Can you meteor cancel her d-air? Maybe I'm getting the timing wrong, it's really weird in this game, as is wall teching..

on another note, I was playing a level 9 link today with falco to see how effective and easy the cg > d-air spike is with percentages and stuff, and Link z-air recovered really fast. It was insane.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
both projectiles masters, som-what simular recovery, although Link has better range and samus has stronger projectiles tho slower. Then again Links shield can reflect samus's charge blast. rly this seems like the same odds as a link vs link

Crow!

Smash Lord
The changeup isn't a relevant topic of discussion because it's not reversible and not fast - as of when Samus switches out, you're simply in the Zamus matchup. Since you probably just got killed, it's just like starting the game again, but with a different stock count.

Anyway.

Samus has a better Zair than you do - don't forget that. However, Samus is very floaty and can't be very surprising with it (or with anything in the air, really); just stay out of the obvious horizontal hitboxes. Allegedly Samus uses a lot of homing missiles, but I've never played against one that does; getting through missiles isn't really that hard so they usually stop after one or two. From more advanced players, expect them to anticipate some particular response to the missiles - be sure to mix it up.

Samus can't kill you unless you let her; utilt is very akward and Fsmash has pitiful range, so with proper play to avoid those, she only has dtilt that you need to worry about at high percentages, and then charged shot at very high percentages.

Samus likes her Jab. Expect jab canceled (something) to be tried frequently, and know that most of those "combos" can be stopped.

Samus' roll is really slow. You'll usually see spot dodging instead as a result, but don't forget to punish it if she tries it.

Samus doesn't have much to deal with targets below her, which combined with her baffling floatiness puts her on the defensive for quite a while anytime you hit her into the air. Her dair tends to trade with whatever she is attacked with even when she does correctly predict the right time to strike. It also launches you pitifully slow as a spike and so can be spike canceled much more easily than usual, provided you aren't at high percentages already.

In conclusion, while a few attacks are good enough damage rackers that a good Samus could keep up with Link during the beginning of a stock, her killing options are pitiful. Once Link is in killable percentages, he can just play it safe; he has so many more viable killing options that unless Samus gets lucky, he should score the kill first. I therefore place the matchup as at least 60-40 in Link's favor.

As an editorial note, I feel as though there are only 3 tiers in brawl - characters who are just good, characters who often have an uphill battle but are technically good enough to win on their own merit against the first group, and those who depend on their opponents' unfamiliarity with the matchup to succeed. (Okay, so Metaknight's his own tier, but that's a different issue.) I think Link is in the second category while Samus is in the third.

I have little experience against Zamus.

10chars

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yea, I think Link has the advantage versus Samus. I would agree with 60:40, despite Xyro owning some of the people in this forum. Samus seems really gimicky now, and once you play 5-6 games or so, you should have the advantage.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I play a Samus everyday. I'd say that this match up is pretty much a little bit in Samus's Favour. 55:45
Her missile play could mess up Link's projectile setups, cause of there speed and power. She can also counter Link's best approach, the Z-Air with her own Z-air while hopping back. Her Z-Air has more Reach, power and less start up lag.

Here's how I play a Samus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmFNCcA7_Y

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've only played one Link with ZSS, and that Link wasn't too good and I can't draw any conclusions from the matchup, other than that link's projectiles are fairly easy to avoid and the sideB outspaces your zair.

Deva

Smash Lord
well it depends how much....."spare time" they have. dude im not paying $1000 just to enter a tourney. Hey you may be rich or just really like this game but either way im not paying $1000 and travelling around the world. Well as far as ive seen on the Wi-fi there is INCREDIBLY lil lag, then again i live in CA and maybe you guys have it much worse. But can you really have it THAT badly? if they are known as good players on the internet chances are they dont have many lag problems either, really if lag is as big as a issue as your making it sound i dont think they would ever be able to be considered good when they are getting their butts handed to them due to the lag. Now if i went to a tournement what would i prove? yippee i beat some random guy i dont know......no really he might have been good but still: what do i have to prove.

"Excuse me John i want you to do me a favor and go to the smash forums and state your a amazing player, oh ya and please say that i beat you"

...........well ok maybe that was a bit much but still i cant prove to you their skill level. ANYONE can enter a tournemant. There were 12 year olds in the midnight release. OH and i THINK there was a 6 year old there, or he may have been accompaning his brother. So even if they are skilled, first off how do i prove it? 2nd off how do i prove i won?
Ok, I'm really just trying to help you here, if you keep posting the way you are you're gonna get flammed really hard. Tournaments generally are only 10-20 dollars to enter. And unless you live in some remote part of the US, it's not hard to find a tournament with good players near you. It doesn't matter if Wifi only averaged 1-4 frames of lag, any lag that is changing and inconsistant can have hampering effects on the players, especially when they are used to frame perfect play. NO ONE GOOD PLAYS ONLINE COMPETITIVELY. They are known as good on the internet, not for online. They go to irl tournaments and win, place well, or beat other good players. By going to an irl tournament with good players, you prove that you have played good players and that your word has some weight when you discuss. No one believes anything you say right now because you have no experience. If you actually did well against some good players irl, everyone at the tournament would know you, and would post about you on the boards, and you'd be known as a good player, and people would listen to your opinion. The gamestop tourney was a joke. Please dont use that for a reference. In real tournaments, your matches are recorded in a bracket and posted on SWF. They are skilled if they are known for beating other good players and well known in the smash community. You prove you won by beating them. The results are up for everyone to see, and good players you beat will almost always mention how well you did against them in the tournament thread. Play online for fun, but you wont find anyone good playing it competitively, so if you win, no one will care. That's what irl tournaments are for. I'm just trying to explain to you the logic of smash. It's something you need to learn fast, or else you may start to annoy the community and everyone will be flamming each and every post you make. You come off as someone that wants others to know that you understand Link as a character. If that's the case, check the tournament thread. If you live in Cali, there's definately a tournament near you with good players and a 10-20 dollar entry fee. Or dont even enter the tournament. Just money match good players. I just don't want you to dig yourself a deeper hole than you already have. It's your choice though. To listen to what I've said, or just keep going as you have been. That's all I can do for you.

On topic:

Samus: Pretty even matchup. Her zair ***** yours, so you'll have a hard time spacing against her. Good thing is she cant kill, so by the time she get's you to 200% for a kill, you will have gotten her to at least 100 so you can kill her too.

Zamus: slight advantage. Link can space her since her side b has more start up lag than the zair. But once she closes in , the combos are utter ****. Play this matchup very cautiously.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus: Pretty even matchup. Her zair ***** yours, so you'll have a hard time spacing against her. Good thing is she cant kill, so by the time she get's you to 200% for a kill, you will have gotten her to at least 100 so you can kill her too.
What? I don't know why you think that Samus can't KO anyone until they're at 200%. That's a huge exaggeration right there. It's also unrealistic to think that while Samus gets you at 200%, she'll be at 100%. In case you weren't aware, it is possible to rack up someone's percent damage very high while keeping yours low. I guess you haven't brawled with any good Samus players.

sasook

Smash Champion
both projectiles masters, som-what simular recovery, although Link has better range and samus has stronger projectiles tho slower. Then again Links shield can reflect samus's charge blast. rly this seems like the same odds as a link vs link
Well, a lot of skilled Samus users don't really spam projectiles as much as her zair. And the Hylian Shield CANNOT reflect, only stop things. But what kind of a Samus user is gonna wait for you to be standing still when they shoot? They're gonna shoot when you're in the midst of something else, so that you're distracted. This takes the Hylian Sheld out of the question.

On topic: Her zair ***** yours, always. I dunno too much about her, but with a combination of zairs, uairs, and downb's, she really can be unpredictable.

Zamus is a secondary of mine, on the other hand. One thing is that her suit parts are deadly. They have good knockback, she can glide toss with them (rather far), and since they bounce, she can abuse throwing them downwards or dropping them after a short hop (as a Link main, this comes naturally ^_^). Whether thrown or dropped, they still can give a decent amount of damage. A few hits, maybe 3-4 from the parts, and that's 40% already. Mixing that in with bairs, uairs, dsmashes, utilts......you need to be careful.

I don't think you have to worry about her uair that much (your dair will go through it), but her upb on the ground and usmash can possibly go through your dair (I don't remember). Most of the time, usmash will be used when she's hyphen smashing. Her bair is a kill move, watch out for it. Her utilt can connect even if you're behind her, but fortunately if she misses, there's some lag, allowing a free fsmash from Link. Her dsmash has a short range, just don't get caught in it, and if you do, start DI'ing immediately. Her fsmash isn't really much of a threat. Her dtilt is another move to watch out for, it can really set her up for some aerial moves.

Her dash attack is good, and can be repeated numerous times. It can be combo'd into a utilt or a dtilt, both of which are trouble for you. Watch out for that.

Her sideb and downb can really, REALLY be a pain. Both can KO rather easily (fortunately Link is heavy). The sideb is relatively easy to see coming (she'll pull her arm back and then throw it out) so the best bet is to powershield it. If she downb's, just shield. That kick has ferocious knockback, and the knockback remains the same no matter what frame of the attack it is. What I mean is, Link's nair at the first frame and at the later frames differ. Her downb does not. She can control the direction of both the kick and the jump, so it really is versatile.

Zamus can spike with two moves. Her downb, if connected on the first frame, spikes. Watch out for this, Zamus can jump off the stage, use a downb, jump again, and upb to recover. She can also upb as many times as she wants, and can jump after using it if she hasn't used the jump already. Knowing this, her edgeguard game isn't bad. She can sideb, fair, bair, downb spike/kick, all with high chances of you dying. Link's recovery doesn't help much. Her other spike is the upb spike. You probably won't see this as often, but just be wary of it. She has to be underneath you and because it pulls you down, it spikes (but can be spike canceled).

Timing a zair edgeguard on her isn't easy. One thing, Zamus players like to mix up how they recover, whether it's a sideb from afar or waiting til underneath to use an upb, or just jumping via the downb back onto the stage. Also, if a person is edgehogging, she can go underneath and, in a desperate attempt, upb spike you to pull you along with her. If she's hanging on the ledge, be wary. She does NOT have to tilt back to use downb. She can use that move directly off the ledge. Also, since she's floaty, she can tilt back and use a uair/sideb/fair to get back on the stage from the ledge.

Her grabs can be a curse and a blessing to a Link player. For one thing, a missed grab by her has more lag than Link does for his. That's the blessing part. The curse part is that she slides rather far for her running grabs, she can grab people completely off the stage, and at low percents has a "chaingrab." Now, it's not a true chaingrab because it can be gotten out of easily, but if she grabs, expect a dthrow or an fthrow. If it's a dthrow, expect a fair or downb kick or uair or hyphen smash. The chaingrab is the fthrow. When she fthrows, using the knowledge that she slides as well as being able to grab people out of air allows her to grab again and fthrow again. Since Link is heavy, he'll land quicker and therefore, it's easier to spot dodge this than most characters.

So now the question is: How do you fight this?

You need to space well against her. By that, I don't mean using a lot of zairs. She's light, so your melee attacks are gonna send her flying at mid percentages. What I mean by spacing is, don't get caught sitting next to her. Her combos are ****, believe me when I say, she can REALLY rack up damage fast. Throw a boomerang when she's edgeguarding you as you try to recover, it can't really be DI'd as well as the explosions from bombs can, so it's a bit more reliable. Your smashes, all of them, are a threat to her. Use a boomerang on stage to space a lot, use some occasional zairs, and just use bombs ot rack up damage. Using a lot of AT's always helps.

^Hope all this helps, just trying to contribute.

I say this matchup is 55:45 Zamus' favor.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Zamus is a secondary of mine, on the other hand. One thing is that her suit parts are deadly. They have good knockback, she can glide toss with them (rather far), and since they bounce, she can abuse throwing them downwards or dropping them after a short hop (as a Link main, this comes naturally ^_^). Whether thrown or dropped, they still can give a decent amount of damage. A few hits, maybe 3-4 from the parts, and that's 40% already. Mixing that in with bairs, uairs, dsmashes, utilts......you need to be careful.
4-5 hits from armor pieces alone can rack up to 70% if you're using the right one.

I don't think you have to worry about her uair that much (your dair will go through it), but her upb on the ground and usmash can possibly go through your dair (I don't remember). Most of the time, usmash will be used when she's hyphen smashing.
Plasma Wire will always clink with Link's d-air. U-smash overrides d-air provided you hit with the start of the move.

Her bair is a kill move, watch out for it. Her utilt can connect even if you're behind her, but fortunately if she misses, there's some lag, allowing a free fsmash from Link. Her dsmash has a short range, just don't get caught in it, and if you do, start DI'ing immediately. Her fsmash isn't really much of a threat. Her dtilt is another move to watch out for, it can really set her up for some aerial moves.
Good ZSS players will never use F-smash. U-tilt isn't incorporated into her meta much anymore. DI-ing a d-smash does nothing, because you will be killed or comboed before the stun is over.

The chaingrab is the fthrow. When she fthrows, using the knowledge that she slides as well as being able to grab people out of air allows her to grab again and fthrow again. Since Link is heavy, he'll land quicker and therefore, it's easier to spot dodge this than most characters.
Link is not one of the characters that I intended for this chainthrow to work on, and it's too inconsistent except on larger characters to be used at all.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I only play a Samus (not Zamus) and the match up is pretty even. Her Zair is WAY better than Link's and is faster (?). Also the zair can be sweetspotted and do massive knockback and it's extremely surprising. She can gimp pretty well and her ledge game is unbelievable. Good **** combos too. Like Uair to Utilt or Dair to Fsmash can totally destroy. Link can dodge Power Missiles by ducking btw ;D Double Missiles is good and should be avoided. On BF, Samus can fire her Power Shot right through the stage! O_o It's surprising. Just duck lol. She can also Zair through the stage also. That's also a surprise. She spaces pretty well so getting close will be difficult. Oh yeah, watch out for Up B out of shield. That's annoying and it racks up some good damage. Avoid grabs. The range on that is far. Watch out for that spike. It's effective. Samus has a better recovery (bomb, Up B (no kidding) and Zair) and can uptilt spam till about 40 percent from 0.

^
That is disadvantages (mostly) Now for advantages

Your Zair may not be as good as Samus's but hell, it gets the job done. It still spaces well enough so you won't have to much trouble. Any of your projectiles will out prioritize Samus's missiles. This is good because missiles can combo (only non Power Missiles). Charge shot is powerful. Ducking down will save your keister if you can react fast enough. In the air, it's fast still but you can see it coming. Air dodge it and don't DI downwards lol. Jab cancel is good in this match (Jab cancel to any killing move will do the job on well, killing) and because Samus is floaty (the opposite of Link), she dies at lower percents. Avoid grabs. If you simply down dodge a grab, Samus's lag time after missing is almost as brutal as Link's. O_o (Which is bad, for anyone who didn't know lol).

In general:
Both suffer from bad missed grab time. It's not fun at all.

Overall, I'd have to say the match up is 50:50. Maybe 45:55, Samus's favor but meh. I think I got it covered.

Thanks to Atire for helping me with some of this stuff in Samus's advantages. lol I never pay attention to half the stuff he listed.

sasook

Smash Champion
4-5 hits from armor pieces alone can rack up to 70% if you're using the right one.

Plasma Wire will always clink with Link's d-air. U-smash overrides d-air provided you hit with the start of the move.

Good ZSS players will never use F-smash. U-tilt isn't incorporated into her meta much anymore. DI-ing a d-smash does nothing, because you will be killed or comboed before the stun is over.

Link is not one of the characters that I intended for this chainthrow to work on, and it's too inconsistent except on larger characters to be used at all.
I see, thanks for clearing that stuff up for me. I wasn't aware that different pieces do different amounts of damage.

Utilt isn't useful? That's news to me, but then again, I just picked her up about a month ago.

As for the dsmash DI, I didn't mean DI in order to get out of it (that's highly unlikely to happen), I meant start DI'ing so that you won't go as far when hit with the next blow.

As for the chainthrow, I'm just spitting out everything I know about her ^_^

But thanks again for clearing up that stuff, especially about Link's dair.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
ur right it cant reflect them, wasnt thinking clearly when i posted i meant to type "stop"

Deva its true the good people are in the tournements and it costs 10-20 dollars to get there but your missing the factor of travelling. OK you have 2 choices because they are unlikely to be held in your own town.

Plane.....$1000 nuff said

car: ok first off i cant drive, not even when im 16, gas is ridicolous and its SO boring to have to travel all that way just to play a few rounds of SSBB and mainly watch, dude i dont know how you do it, you have a different way or you just like this game alot. Not many tournement players just "happen" to come here. Ok idk about you but im sure many tournament players play online, dude you NEED to play with a variety of people otherwise your going to get rusty and die in the tournaments (most likely unless you have some sort of secret) playing with your buds on daily baises is good but they arent everyone else and i doubt your going to get much experiance fighting the same guy over and over again. SURELY you go online to play maybe im wrong but i just dont see any other good way for you to train. Like i said earlier you may have some big lag but not many do. i have 7 buddys who play this game, 4 of them have internet connection, the worst of them isnt even that laggy to the point where its going to mess up your skill.

Top Bottom