• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheese

Deva

Smash Lord
Please don't ask me to play against an opponent who knows how to DI, especially since this is impossible for me to do. I know of no one around here in the neighborhood who plays Super Smash Bros. Brawl, let alone knows what DI even means.
Unless you have a severe case of short term memory loss. . .yes >_>.

Please don't ask me to play against an opponent who knows how to DI, especially since this is impossible for me to do. I know of no one around here in the neighborhood who plays Super Smash Bros. Brawl, let alone knows what DI even means.
Just read that first sentence of your post, because you seem to have this misconception that if you play the game you know what your talking about. From what you've said, you dont play anyone good competitively, and have no irl experience against good Link players. how can you expect to contribute anything to this thread that wouldnt have gotten flammed? Go to some tournaments, play some good players, and come back. cuz till then, nothing you say has any proof to back it.

and @Darkest-Link, I warned ya buddy, xD.

sasook

Smash Champion
Darkest-Link, I've moved it to the Link discussion sticky. Anonano was right in saying what he said.

And, relating to the topic, I hope my info on Zamus helped clear up some things people might have been wondering.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Unless you have a severe case of short term memory loss. . .yes >_>.
Note, I used the word "an." It's like asking me to go around in my neighborhood and knocking on doors to ask, "Hey, do you own Super Smash Bros. Brawl?" It's not like I can go on Wi-Fi and have someone waiting to brawl with me right then and there, as if they knew I was going on Wi-Fi.

Just read that first sentence of your post, because you seem to have this misconception that if you play the game you know what your talking about.
Earth to Deva, I main Samus. Your match-up list was about Samus versus Link for this week. All I did was replied to the fellow who said that Link could last up to 200%, because of DI. I tested that out, only because you asked me to do your homework for you. Guess what? Link didn't survive past the 160% range with DI, and this was him on the center stage of Final Destination. Just to let you know, Deva, if I have owned the game every since it was released in North America, I think I am qualified enough to speak about the game. Even if I didn't own the game, that doesn't mean that I can't talk about it, lest you commit the logical fallacy of special pleading.

From what you've said, you dont play anyone good competitively, and have no irl experience against good Link players. how can you expect to contribute anything to this thread that wouldnt have gotten flammed? Go to some tournaments, play some good players, and come back. cuz till then, nothing you say has any proof to back it.
Let me laugh. Haha! What? I hope by "you dont [sic] play anyone good competitively" you don't mean "You haven't brawled with any good Link players in tournaments." It doesn't matter if I haven't had an "irl experience against good Link players." Wi-Fi already gives me experience. Sure, it doesn't prove anything, but that doesn't mean that I can't get any practice out of it, or that I can't learn the meta-games from those who play on Wi-Fi. (That was the whole point about Xyro brawling with everyone when he said, "-insert character- is TRASH(vs Samus).") It makes me wonder if you've ever brawled with a good Samus player. Speaking of a good Samus player, have you any videos of you brawling with a good Samus player?

Oh, and it's spelled, "flamed," not "flammed."

Museh

Smash Rookie
Note, I used the word "an." It's like asking me to go around in my neighborhood and knocking on doors to ask, "Hey, do you own Super Smash Bros. Brawl?" It's not like I can go on Wi-Fi and have someone waiting to brawl with me right then and there, as if they knew I was going on Wi-Fi.

Earth to Deva, I main Samus. Your match-up list was about Samus versus Link for this week. All I did was replied to the fellow who said that Link could last up to 200%, because of DI. I tested that out, only because you asked me to do your homework for you. Guess what? Link didn't survive past the 160% range with DI, and this was him on the center stage of Final Destination. Just to let you know, Deva, if I have owned the game every since it was released in North America, I think I am qualified enough to speak about the game. Even if I didn't own the game, that doesn't mean that I can't talk about it, lest you commit the logical fallacy of special pleading.

Let me laugh. Haha! What? I hope by "you dont [sic] play anyone good competitively" you don't mean "You haven't brawled with any good Link players in tournaments." It doesn't matter if I haven't had an "irl experience against good Link players." Wi-Fi already gives me experience. Sure, it doesn't prove anything, but that doesn't mean that I can't get any practice out of it, or that I can't learn the meta-games from those who play on Wi-Fi. (That was the whole point about Xyro brawling with everyone when he said, "-insert character- is TRASH(vs Samus).") It makes me wonder if you've ever brawled with a good Samus player. Speaking of a good Samus player, have you any videos of you brawling with a good Samus player?

God. Absolutely horrible. Anyone who draws most of their insulting material from slightly incorrect spellings/grammar on an internet forum should be instantly smashed in the face with a 2x4. You're objectively an arsehole.

Deva

Smash Lord
It doesnt matter if it's one as in "an" or many, the fact is you dont play opponents whe DI. And is that my fault? You have options. Go to the regional zones section, find your area, create a samsh community, find someone to carpool with to tournaments. Dont cry to me if you dont play good players. It's your own fault for not making the effort.

LMAOROFL. Earth to Dryn, are you serisously this much of a nub? I'm trying not to be a jerk but you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole there. Ok, so you're a samus main that doesnt go to tournaments and replied to a fellow who made a statement about survivng Samus's kill moves while this player does have tournament experience and against Samus at that >_>. Let me break it down for you. I didnt ask you to do my homework for me. I said go play opponents who DI properly. I play opponents who do. You don't. Get what I was asking now? You're little experiment was a total failure btw. You not only didnt take into consideration that kill moves tend to diminish throughout the course of a match unless you're just that good, but that Samus will have to rely on other moves for kills aside from charge shot considering you have to kill the opponent first to have time to charge it. On top of all this, You didnt even DI properly. It's bad enough you dont play opponents who dont DI, but you dont even know how to do it yourself. Do you even know what momentum canceling is? Add that in with smash DI and Link can survive charge shot up to 185 %. And that's IF you use the charge shot. Samus wont have time to get one ready in most cases till she kills the opponent first, at which point she'll be at a high percent, so charge shot is rarely used as a constant kill move at higher levels of play.

And you just fell into another hole. Owning the game doesnt mean anything. I owned the game before it was released in the US through the Japanese version. Does that mean I know more than you? . . .No. I have, however, attended tournaments from the time before the game was realeased in the US as well as place well in them and beat good players including Samus. That means I know what I'm talking about and you dont. Do I need to spell it out for you anymore? Ask any good player and they'll tell you the exact same thing.

Let me laugh. Haha! What? I hope by "you dont [sic] play anyone good competitively" you don't mean "You haven't brawled with any good Link players in tournaments."

Dryn said:
Do you just love contradicting yourself or something? If the players you play irl dont DI, theyre not good. I didnt say Link players, I said anyone. Even then, Link players would have helped since it was the topic of the thread >_>.

It doesn't matter if I haven't had an "irl experience against good Link players." Wi-Fi already gives me experience. Sure, it doesn't prove anything, but that doesn't mean that I can't get any practice out of it, or that I can't learn the meta-games from those who play on Wi-Fi.
Wifi gives you broken experience. Most good players dont play online as well as they can irl. You wont learn the metagame because lag makes players play differently than they do irl. Smash DI for example is much harder to do online and is rarely achieved. Saying your only good competition is on Wifi only furthers your case as someone who has no clue what they're talking about.

It makes me wonder if you've ever brawled with a good Samus player. Speaking of a good Samus player, have you any videos of you brawling with a good Samus player?
No, no vids, but vids prove nothing. It's tournament results son. I already stated in this thread that I've played against Rohins. he's considered a more than decent Samus on the Samus boards. Go back and read. I'm not doing it for you.

gg, I should be punished for holding down the "m" key too long. =P

Deva

Smash Lord
yes, Dryn wins the "being annoying and stubborn enough while still having no clue what he's talking about to the point where he pisses off Deva enough to be the first to have Deva call someone a nub" award xD.

D

Deleted member

yes, Dryn wins the "being annoying and stubborn enough while still having no clue what he's talking about to the point where he pisses off Deva enough to be the first to have Deva call someone a nub award xD.
that's a pretty impressive award, didn't think a samus main had it in him

oh yes i went there

ArkiveZero joins the fray!

Deva

Smash Lord
Sowwie Dryn. . .though he prolly just didnt notice it since it's cheese now lol.

and momentum canceling is using an aerial instantly after being hit to cancel you're upward or forward momentum. If you're being sent up press down to fast fall while canceling the momentum. For that reason, it's easier to do with Dair, though it's better to do bair, although with a little trick chip discovered, you can live even longer, but I'm not allowed to tell anyone what it is xD. Darn you Chip. You'll live roughly 20% longer than with regular DI, which is why in the experiment he had Link die at 160% while when I tested it he lived to 185%.

D

Deleted member

Sowwie Dryn. . .though he prolly just didnt notice it since it's cheese now lol.

and momentum canceling is using an aerial instantly after being hit to cancel you're upward or forward momentum. If you're being sent up press down to fast fall while canceling the momentum. For that reason, it's easier to do with Dair, though it's better to do bair, although with a little trick chip discovered, you can live even longer, but I'm not allowed to tell anyone what it is xD. Darn you Chip. You'll live roughly 20% longer than with regular DI, which is why in the experiment he had Link die at 160% while when I tested it he lived to 185%.
lol i think i know the trick

i always live till ridiculous %'s, i got to 205% against my friend that mains snake lol

edit: i use the bair only

Deva

Smash Lord
No, Eggz gives everyone cancer cuz his melee fox is too much ****.

On topic, needs more dairy products. . .and cheezes. . .

Top Bottom