• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cman

Smash Ace
I don't go into the brawl forums much, but this was one of the most interesting threads on the site. If you don't wish to continue with it, would you be up for passing the responsibility onto someone else? It just seems too interesting to abandon.
He has taken it down because a broomer thought it was damaging to the metagame or something, not because he got bored. I'd really like to see the reasoning for it.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
He has taken it down because a broomer thought it was damaging to the metagame or something, not because he got bored. I'd really like to see the reasoning for it.

Yeah, I understand that, but what I meant was that if he didn't want to "cause ripples" as he previously said, then his work should be continued even if he does not want to be attached to it.
I would also like to see how someone could interpret this as damaging.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
probably because it encourages players to drop poorly performing characters and pick up someone that's doing better, thus reinforcing their positions. i don't agree with it, but it's understandable.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Never thought I'd ever see thread content removed and thus feeling sad.

This thread is one of the most important threads in the Brawl Tactical Discussion. I read it more often than the stickies.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
So MK now has the advantage over Ankoku? How can anyone say that's not broken?
Indeed.He just got out of the game and now has an advantage versus a SWF Broomer.
Thats just too broken!.

Charoo

Smash Champion
and falcon was gonna be above ganon in the next update too =(

the world is just not ready for us sheik players yet

Levitas

the moon
Exclusive data only hampers the evolution of the metagame. If the game were gonna evolve into MK only, it's true that this list would speed it up.

But metagaming at its finest should progress as quickly as possible, and the new form of this data is hampering that progress.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Finally, I've been saying from the beginning that this list was only fueling Meta Knight usage. Now the metagame will become new, exciting and fresh as people will finally start using Jigglypuff and Sonic and winning tournaments flawlessly without this hindrance.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Finally, I've been saying from the beginning that this list was only fueling Meta Knight usage. Now the metagame will become new, exciting and fresh as people will finally start using Jigglypuff and Sonic and winning tournaments flawlessly without this hindrance.
Sarcasm? Right?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I agree with you
r sarcasm. :ohwell:

ice-

Smash Journeyman
There are no Metaknights in any of the Billfests because there's all of one MK main who regularly attends tourneys in the Triangle (where the Billfests take place). He doesn't place well, primarily because our top ten are better than him. Lord Karn seconds MK, but prefers to go ROB. For the most part, though, NC has managed to resist the temptation of MK at our tournaments. Thank God.

So its not a competive scene then?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
well played :laugh:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So its not a competive scene then?
Just because there isn't a Meta Knight doesn't mean that we don't know what we're doing. If more players feel more comfortable with Marth or Snake or ROB or whoever, then maybe we (as NC smashers) could perform better than if we were unused to MK, or just had to play him to win despite how much everyone loatthes him.

It's not like there aren't MK mains in NC, it's just that the non-MK players are dominating right now.

As for overall competitiveness, the top smashers in NC are very skilled. Excluding myself (because that's kinda conceited), Ali/I've Jihad it, Lord Karn, NC Echo, LoZR, and Ph00tbag (to name a few) are very strong players and feel no shame in losing to any of the others.

Really now, couldn't you have just done a little bit of research before making a blanket statement about our skill level?

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
this post had me worried until i got about halfway through, then i lqtm :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I hope that you'll give us the BRoomer's reasoning behind his statement, Ankoku. Right now, I'm wondering how he ever got into the SBR.

In any case, I think you did an excellent job with the list; it was very interesting to see which characters place high in tournaments.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sounds like a member of the back room wants the issue of Metaknight being freakishly good to be ignored. Nothing like sweeping something under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist, am I right? This thread needs to be revived; too much work was put in it and too many people reference it on a regular basis for it just to be dropped.

Grunt

Smash Master
that's what I thought.
People stop making assumptions.
you know what they say...
"when you assume...

...you get *****"

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I hope that you'll give us the BRoomer's reasoning behind his statement, Ankoku. Right now, I'm wondering how he ever got into the SBR.
Listen. I was the one who said it. How I ever got into the SBR? I've been a member here since 2002... who the hell are you now?

It was and is my opinion. For whatever reason, Ankoku felt hurt enough by my words to take it down.

Besides, it's not like taking it down now will do anything to stem the tide really, everyone thinks MK is by far and away the best character, broken, and should be banned, so the removal of this list is something that is too little, too late.

Grunt

Smash Master
people shouldn't get so riled up about this because they can push a few extra buttons to ask Ankoku for updates.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Listen. I was the one who said it. How I ever got into the SBR? I've been a member here since 2002... who the hell are you now?

It was and is my opinion. For whatever reason, Ankoku felt hurt enough by my words to take it down.

Besides, it's not like taking it down now will do anything to stem the tide really, everyone thinks MK is by far and away the best character, broken, and should be banned, so the removal of this list is something that is too little, too late.
I so love opinions with little to back them up. Particularily when they're negative and actually impact someone.

Compared to, say...the stickied tier list, or actual experience at tournaments, I think you'd be hard pressed to justify a list that simply showed the data about MK as damaging to the metagame. Even not compared to those I'm uncertain how well you can justify saying it damaged anything, it had no opinion but was a simple collation of facts.

If this list was actually modifying how many people were playing characters in a harmful way, why didn't people stay with Snake even longer rather than switching to MK? Because they heard about it from other places than just a recording of what had happened in the past.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Just because there isn't a Meta Knight doesn't mean that we don't know what we're doing. If more players feel more comfortable with Marth or Snake or ROB or whoever, then maybe we (as NC smashers) could perform better than if we were unused to MK, or just had to play him to win despite how much everyone loatthes him.

It's not like there aren't MK mains in NC, it's just that the non-MK players are dominating right now.

As for overall competitiveness, the top smashers in NC are very skilled. Excluding myself (because that's kinda conceited), Ali/I've Jihad it, Lord Karn, NC Echo, LoZR, and Ph00tbag (to name a few) are very strong players and feel no shame in losing to any of the others.

Really now, couldn't you have just done a little bit of research before making a blanket statement about our skill level?

The post I qutoed mad it seem that you were intentionally not playing Metaknight b/c for whatever reason. That's fine if you ban/softban him but I read it has people aren't playing the best character b/c he is the best charater, which in my opinion makes it an uncompetive scene. Never said they were bad players.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just in case you're secretly taking data.

Smith Hall Brawl Tourney: 16 people
1 Tenki/Steak (Sonic)
2 HyperTheHedgehog (Samus; Ike/Pika for last match)
3 (Snake)
4 aZn (Ganondorf/Diddy)

Pit and Lucas made it into the quaternary rounds, but I'm not too sure of their exact placement aside from top 6.

Estimated price of prizes (chocolate bars; nerf gun for 1st)...
14$ for first
5$ second
2$ third

it's perfectly fine if you don't count it `.`; just saying.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I so love opinions with little to back them up.
I'd like to point out none of you have any business trying to attack Kyari and his opinion.. Trust me, you don't.
And no one has any business judging Ankoku's decisions either. Trust me, you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom