• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Listen. I was the one who said it. How I ever got into the SBR? I've been a member here since 2002... who the hell are you now?

It was and is my opinion. For whatever reason, Ankoku felt hurt enough by my words to take it down.

Besides, it's not like taking it down now will do anything to stem the tide really, everyone thinks MK is by far and away the best character, broken, and should be banned, so the removal of this list is something that is too little, too late.
I'm a lowly member who is interested in hearing your reasoning behind your request. I daresay that I'm not the only person who is curious.

Also, I apologize for my bluntness in my post; from the comments that followed when Ankoku took down the list, you were the only one who was against the data. I was annoyed that he would take down the list at the request of a single person.

Nubsondubs

Smash Rookie
I agree with Kyari's logic. Even though it wasn't the intention of this thread, it possibly (if not likely) sped up the eventual conclusion that MK is overpowered. It is, however, also my belief that this conclusion was was already forgone and inevitable. He's obviously the hardest overall matchup in the game, but I'm fairly confident that competent players will eventually find a solid counter for him.

On a more on-topic note: I miss this thread already :( I enjoyed watching the documentation of character advancement over time, and believe that restoring this thread can't possibly further encourage the already wide-spread belief that MK is a tough character to beat.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I'm a lowly member who is interested in hearing your reasoning behind your request. I daresay that I'm not the only person who is curious.

Also, I apologize for my bluntness in my post; from the comments that followed when Ankoku took down the list, you were the only one who was against the data. I was annoyed that he would take down the list at the request of a single person.
You don't need to consider yourself "lowly".

Anyway, I never said he should take it down. In fact, I've always supported this list, I loved it from the beginning, I just feel that it has a very unfortunate effect on most people here on this site. I just stated what effect I believe the list has had on the community. Taking the list down now does nothing to change what has occured.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i really believe taking this list down was a stupid idea, if you really think this list is the reason MK is so overplayed at tourneys you need to rethink your reasoning, ANY good player who does well in a tourney setting already KNOWS meta is a broken p.o.s. sure, maybe a few scrubs saw the rankings and decide to main meta, but scrubs don't win tourneys. and even if people did main meta because of these lists, so what? the list doesn't show meta up top for no reason at all, people were abusing him since the release of the game.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
Man, the rankings list used to be one of the most entertaining threads in the tactical discussion. I used to check it regularly to see how my characters were doing. Similar to finding out the scores to a recent sport match you missed. Btw, if "damage" was done by this then taking it off wont do anything. I'm not going to forget that MK is dominating. I don't believe you're doing damage by reporting the truth to smash community.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
If (and thats a big if) simple information about a game can harm that game. The game is somehow very broken and needs to be fixed. How is that not obvious to everyone?

Put the list back up. If you're harming anything, it deserves to be harmed.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lol @ SBR covering up the results to try hide how Metaknight is dominating the scene so as to justify their point blank refusing to ban him.
It ALL comes down to Metaknight in the end. It's one big fail cover-up, because everyone knows Metaknight dominates anyway and WILL continue to.
It's pathetic, and it's really insulting to Ankoku who's put so many hours and so much effort into providing information for the community and for the SBR to just try wipe it clean.
As if I didn't have any respect for most of the Smash Back Room already...
:\

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
WTF???? ZOMG!!!! This was one of my favourite threads!!!!! How dare you SBR...... how dare you!!????
I hope this list comes back soon, or i will finish hating metaknight way more than now

TP

Smash Master
Looking at some of these posts, it feels like the SBR is some shadowy council that tries to manipulate the community to its will.

Come on guys. I'm sure it wasn't an easy choice for them to make. I'm sure a lot of the back room liked this thread as much as you. Give them a break.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nobody made the choice except me. Good god rumors get blown way out of proportion.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol @ SBR covering up the results to try hide how Metaknight is dominating the scene so as to justify their point blank refusing to ban him.
It ALL comes down to Metaknight in the end. It's one big fail cover-up, because everyone knows Metaknight dominates anyway and WILL continue to.
It's pathetic, and it's really insulting to Ankoku who's put so many hours and so much effort into providing information for the community and for the SBR to just try wipe it clean.
As if I didn't have any respect for most of the Smash Back Room already...
:\

Seriously whats your problem? I tried to convince him NOT to take it down...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Seriously whats your problem? I tried to convince him NOT to take it down...
Hence why it wasn't aimed at you.
I said most SBRers.
No offence meant at you Hylian, you're a pretty cool guy <3

I just think it's a bit of a **** move to bring something down that someone's worked so hard on.
I know he's said it's his choice, but obviously he'd have been pressured into it/whined at enough.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I said most SBRers.
No offence meant at you Hylian, you're a pretty cool guy <3.
The problem was that most 'SBRers' didn't ask for it to be taken down. Ankoku (or is it Ancocku? =P) said it was only one person, who already came out and explained his reasoning. Stop blowing this out of proportion. Ankoku can do whatever he wants, it's his list.

EDIT: Sarnath'd by Ankoku himself.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nobody made the choice except me. Good god rumors get blown way out of proportion.
Welcome to how drama works. Put the list up, good sir. Alternatively, I'll take over this project if it isn't running again in a month. Or whenever you've told me that you're just bored with it.

I didn't really ever bother checking this thread, but it's obvious that it means a lot to members of the community. That's reason enough to keep doing it. For me, at least. One person shouldn't have this kind of impact on you.

Snail

Smash Lord
Well then, since the topic starter seems to be stubborn, is anyone interested in taking over this project? I would like to have this list around and I know most of the other people do, too.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well then, since the topic starter seems to be stubborn, is anyone interested in taking over this project? I would like to have this list around and I know most of the other people do, too.
If he doesn't take over it again by the end of this month, I will. The community seems to need this.

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
wtfuxorz i dont understand the first post all i understand is that ankoku dropped it because kyari said something about damaging the metagame
this thread doesnt damage the metagame, the tier list might a little but theres still no reason to take the list down

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Put the list back up now

Seriously, this list is quite helpful and was an inspiration to continue on with Yoshi, especially when I saw him moving up.

Who the hell cares about Metaknight, if the metagame wants to go all Metaknight, thats the choice of the community, and whether or not this list was up would not change it, sorry if you find it rude but, your list is not that significant to Smash that it would heavily influence the metagame.

Please maintain and post your list as always (jokes and all).

Your list not being here, as I see it hurts the site, I wasn't here to know if a list like this was done during the beginning of the melee. Doesn't matter, melee was then , brawl is now, and now I'd like to see a rankings list, as we like to see what is going on in this game.

Browny

Smash Hater
behold, the most bizarre set of results ever

SLGP 08.09 october 10th australia. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5550822#post5550822
14 entrants. no real payout since the lan party had a rather dissapointing turnout, covering costs was hard enough. however there was still a $9 venue fee for the console area (whic was pretty much only brawl anyway lol)

1st: DJ Browny - Sonic
2nd: Leech - Zelda
3rd: Aisuka - Pikachu
4th: Ash - Ike
5th: Simoth - Link
6th: Jamage - Game & Watch
7th: Scott - Ness
8th: Shadowman909 - Link

An unfortunate set of coincidences didnt allow our 2 best MK mains, 2 best wolf, DDD and falco users to attend so that explains the seemingly low-tier results lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom