• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
More people pick up Ike? Ike's placement is clearly inflated by popularity. Unless you main jiggs I (and any other sheik main) don't want to hear y'all complaining about lack of representation.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
In all honesty there are lots of characters in this game that are placed so on the tier list due to under representation.

Others just suck...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
More people pick up Ike? Ike's placement is clearly inflated by popularity. Unless you main jiggs I (and any other sheik main) don't want to hear y'all complaining about lack of representation.
There's probably only a few good Ikes in a given region, unless I'm mistaken. Is it really that much inflated?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm totally just splitting hairs and being a **** BUT, you said she was an bad CHARACTER. That's at least one redeemable aspect of her character. Whether it reflects Singles Tier Placement or not.

Which is pretty obviously what you were talking about.

This is pointless. So I'm gunna throw in a Atomsk is wicked chill, even if he rapped me in Pools. :p

EDIT: *****. Not rapped. He may be really good, but so far I have no reason to believe he can freestyle while beating mediocre players.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
15 Entrants

There was no entry fee, but it was competitive and used SBR certified rules.

Cleveland, TN

All I remember is that 1st place mained Kirby and 2nd main Marth

I listed it on AiB but I can't find it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
More like there was a sudden flow of people using Ike as a secondary as well as more people using Ike in general. *looks at Texas*

Not that I'm complaining. :D And unlike the PT boards, we don't suddenly start claiming we're C tier if we get a spike. :laugh:

Gnes

Smash Master
More like there was a sudden flow of people using Ike as a secondary as well as more people using Ike in general. *looks at Texas*
This is only because Ike ***** low tier. No one i know has actually picked him up as a secondary, but started playing him for a better placings in low tier events.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Yay proper update!

... Boo Link's being stagnant.

Well, we're still way higher than our tier placement. We'll just need to do more work.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We don't need to--I'm proof by myself. :)
*insert usual argument that relying on one person to prove a character's placement is complete and utter bull and anyone with half a brain would know better*

*insert usual explanation that I'm going to write it all out in a blog during Christmas break*

*insert usual 3 page "discussion" that usually follows*

Too busy right now for the full deal I'm afraid. Finals after Thanksgiving Break and all of that.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
If I put enough time into a character I should be able to place with them.

That was a 1 week Lucas, it beat Pyronic Star's(Logic) Olimar(ranked 3rd in Md/va i believe), My wolf to M2K to last stock 112%. My Fox 2 and 3 stocked EE and G-Reg, My Metaknight beat sanoscy, and my DDD took a match of Ally.
FFS, stop using low tiers and giving them hope! >=[

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
/continues to do so.

sorry brah, but maybe if you played characters that werent basic as hell, id be more impressed. Ive seen your wolf, its no smarter, or well spaced, or mindgamey than any other basic wolf. at least antis wolf was slightly original.

Lucas? taking a madd straight forward character and doing what everyone else does with him doesnt make you great.

Youre lucky cause a smart player can pick up 80% of the characters in the game and do well with them. But there a couple of characters that youll need a bit more than a weeks worth of practice and good intuition to beat good people with.

For a character like sonic, it takes at least 3 months to be good enough to beat anybody on a competitive level. The fact that you just assume you can do it so easily highly offensive.

Maybe when I see a Tink, or maybe even a Yoshi next to your name, Ill care. but until then, it doesnt really matter.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

sorry brah, but maybe if you played characters that werent basic as hell, id be more impressed. Ive seen your wolf, its no smarter, or well spaced, or mindgamey than any other basic wolf. at least antis wolf was slightly original.

Lucas? taking a madd straight forward character and doing what everyone else does with him doesnt make you great.

Youre lucky cause a smart player can pick up 80% of the characters in the game and do well with them. But there a couple of characters that youll need a bit more than a weeks worth of practice and good intuition to beat good people with.

For a character like sonic, it takes at least 3 months to be good enough to beat anybody on a competitive level. The fact that you just assume you can do it so easily highly offensive.

Maybe when I see a Tink, or maybe even a Yoshi next to your name, Ill care. but until then, it doesnt really matter.
It's so hard to camp people like crazy with sonic right? He's a pretty straight forward character also.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
guys if you want X character to be higher its a simple matter of picking him or her up and winning tournies.
Very simply put...
No, that's not the case.

In this community you have to do well consistently, have multiple people copy everything you do, and then they all have to do just as well with said character. Until that happens or you place extremely well at a national tournament beating several top players and characters, your character won't be taken seriously.

Even then everyone may just arbitrarily blame player/matchup inexperience, and/or imply that you're 100x better than everyone else. *sigh*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Very simply put...
No, that's not the case.

In this community you have to do well consistently, have multiple people copy everything you do, and then they all have to do just as well with said character. Until that happens or you place extremely well at a national tournament beating several top players and characters, your character won't be taken seriously.

Even then everyone may just arbitrarily blame player/matchup inexperience, and/or imply that you're 100x better than everyone else. *sigh*
To be fair, player skill IS the biggest factor, hence why we have tournies at all...

If you won a tourny, odds are you were one of the best at said tourny.

I'm not saying the character shouldn't be taken into account, but you have to keep in mind how much more skill will affect the outcome.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

I'd lawl the second I out placed you with your main.

at least antis wolf was slightly original.
The funny thing is when I fought Jason I did better. Oh well, continue to be dumb.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

Brawl is an easy game to learn. QQ more or go play melee and see how long it takes to pick up anyone with a high learning curve.

Sonic is pretty straight forward too, you just really have to be smart about what you do...

Sharky

Smash Master
yoshi would be interesting to see you play though, particularly if you were to incorporate DR into your playstyle.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

Randomly hating for no reason. :laugh:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be fair, player skill IS the biggest factor, hence why we have tournies at all...

If you won a tourny, odds are you were one of the best at said tourny.

I'm not saying the character shouldn't be taken into account, but you have to keep in mind how much more skill will affect the outcome.
If that's the case, then why are characters separated into so many tiers?

If players are capable of placing well in tournaments with just about anyone, then wouldn't that indicate this game is actually pretty balanaced? (which I believe is the case, and would advocate as well.)

And just to add on to continue my rant, I think the matchup experience card is a dumb one to play in a tier list discussion, considering the tier list is a representation of the current metagame and everyone has matchups they don't know well at the moment.

I'm agreeing with you, btw.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Lolz @ Sonic mains making their character seem much more complicated then he actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom