• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
hey guys.

what's the difference between sonic's down and side b?

:093:

V

Smash Ace
TOP Marth vs TOP MK, DIDDY, FALCO, SNAKE. That requires effort to win with. A LOT.
I know this was a page back, but this my first time back on since my last post.

I totally 100% agree with this. I'm no top level Marth at all, probably somewhere in the middle, but when I play Snake's and MK's at the same level as me it requires a lot of effort and calculated decisions. Marth may not seem too hard to pick up because he doesn't really have ATs and stuff, but it's not a piece of cake to win with him. You definitely have to get good tourney experience against many players to improve.

And the fact that Marth is hard to win with and he's still #4 in the rankings just shows how good the top/high level Marth mains are.

Kudos Atomsk. Ima have to look up this Wolf of yours!

Browny

Smash Hater
^^ and you seem to forget the replies that followed that post

specifically; if marth takes A LOT of effort to win with against top characters, what does every other character take? marth has it easy compared to the majority of the cast lol

V

Smash Ace
^^ and you seem to forget the replies that followed that post

specifically; if marth takes A LOT of effort to win with against top characters, what does every other character take? marth has it easy compared to the majority of the cast lol
Sure it may be easier than winning with Samus or Link but Marth is still one of the tougher ones. Just because he's A tier doesn't mean he's any easier. Look at the Ice Climbers. An A tier character that's harder to use than pretty much the entire cast. Tier has nothing to do with the learing curve of a character, otherwise Ice Climbers would be #1 and Game and Watch would be #36 lol

Browny

Smash Hater
easier to use/learning curve isnt the same thing though

If marth and lets say, yoshi are both equally hard to use at top level, who is going to have an easier fight vs a top mk/snake/diddy etc? they can both take the same amount of effort, yet one is going to win while the other loses. theres my definition on the amount of extra effort the other characters need since being able to play them properly is one aspect they can be equal in, but the amount of effort to actually WIN with can be vastly different imo :/

V

Smash Ace
easier to use/learning curve isnt the same thing though

If marth and lets say, yoshi are both equally hard to use at top level, who is going to have an easier fight vs a top mk/snake/diddy etc? they can both take the same amount of effort, yet one is going to win while the other loses. theres my definition on the amount of extra effort the other characters need since being able to play them properly is one aspect they can be equal in, but the amount of effort to actually WIN with can be vastly different imo :/
OK I see your point because Yoshi doesn't have a whole lot going for him and Marth does, so even though they're both difficult to use, Yoshi will naturally take more effort to win with.

Correct?

camden

Smash Apprentice
I think the list is starting to settle a bit. MK and Snake are the two best characters, but I think Diddy is starting to prove itself as third best character. Marth's position still concerns me, though.

V

Smash Ace
I think the list is starting to settle a bit. MK and Snake are the two best characters, but I think Diddy is starting to prove itself as third best character. Marth's position still concerns me, though.
It concerns me too. Marth for S tier!

V

Smash Ace
MikeHAZE and NEO for S tier with Roy_R returning to A tier.

How's that?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It should be noted. Batl4 they split for time constraints. It was about quarter to five, the venue was a library and we had to leave at 5. KoolAid and Bizkit agreed to split specifically for time, and I believe they agreed to give the first to KoolAid since he was still in Winner's.

KoolAid is amazing. And one of the coolest 15 little kids I've ever met.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Batl4 Marlborough, Ma

33 Entrants
10 Dollars
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8959448#post8959448

batl 4 results
1: kool aid (split)($148.50) Pit/Wario seriously, who is this kid...
2: bizkit (split)($148.50) Snake/Marth when did he get better than fatal?
3: fatal ($33.00)? Snake/MK
4: Bloodcross MK and another one falls to the darkside...
5: duke MK/D3/IC this kid needs to go to more tourneys, i played with him at SNES, mad chill
5: bass Kirby/DK
7: copacetic Toon LInk
7: Lettuce the Vegetable of Evil Snake Lol @ this horrible kiwi ripoff
KoolAid is amazing. And one of the coolest 15 little kids I've ever met.
Did you mean to say, one of the coolest 15 year old little kids?
I think I will try to find some match vids of KoolAid's Pit on youtube.

please do, cus I need to see this

Browny

Smash Hater
:/ that snake just constantly roll dodged behind to approach and SH-nothing. Is there any vids of him vs any other character? it just seemed a little too easy for koolaid to constantly punish it :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I -think- KoolAid was in my pool at SNES...

Bizkit definitely was, so many I'm just imagining things. :/

Coffee™

I need it....

I very much want to hear peoples thoughts on this. Cus even tho you can tell that koolaid is indeed legit. it didnt seem like there was anything special about his pit.
Bizkit just doesn't know what he's doing in the matchup.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I just double jump Faired cuz I stopped caring after the first match, which is why I CPed CS second match when I never CP it.

Reflex: That was Rouge Pit. Koolaid is better than Rouge Pit.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
It is nice to see Marth in the top four, and definately good to see Pit moving up in the rankings. I just wish there were more good Pit mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom