• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont have confirmed results on it,

but Ive noticed a difference: when I get shined I spam shield grab(hold R spam A) and I seem to get a quicker grab off, get out of the stun faster or something. I dont really know just try it and see if it works for you or not.

Niko45

Smash Master
Ur probably getting shined from a nair or something that lifts you off the ground and then the shine sends you from air to ground. If you get shined in the air on to the ground the stun cancels instantly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, I actually love dreamland.

For some reason I just gravitated towards that stage.

Im comfortable there with all my characters. Ive even Cp it and made ppl switch thinking I wouldnt stay marth.

just a quirky kinda thing, not a suggestion to anyone lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Guys, FluxWolf just told me about this trick to grab edge after fox shines you no matter how close you are from the edge.

As soon as you leave the stage, press down (fast fall). Thats it. In the gif i wasn't holding in, i only put in 2 inputs (downb on fox, down on marth).

My hypothesis is fast falling lets you fall into range to grab the edge when otherwise you wouldn't get that low until you were too far horizontally.
God **** Sveet! You are amazing!

This thread has ramped up the amazing the last few pages. Maaad useful stuff.

*takes notes*

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've actually quit marth now... I'm maining fox 100%, although i might use marth against falcos.

just thought you guys should know

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Hah my theory is that everyone in the midwest plays fox because we dont play each other cuz we are too far away. everyone just sits in their basement and practices tech skill, so natually they play fox.

Sveet, ill own that fox. Does that holding down trick work if they doubleshine you?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I've actually quit marth now... I'm maining fox 100%, although i might use marth against falcos.

just thought you guys should know
Ditto, except I use Marth on Brinstar CPs against Zelda (RIGHT THELAKE ?????)

I still play Marth a bit in friendlies but that doesn't win me any cookies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
does pressing down after getting knocked off stage work if they drillshine you?

@vs Sheik

*shrug*
i haven't given up hope on it yet

if strawhat and m2k can do it, so can you.

I.B

Smash Lord
but but

overtriforce 3 stocked M2K's marth on fd...lol

I dunno, if you played KK regularly you'd most likely lose hope as well.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
m2k claimed to be playing bad with marth that day. REGARDLESS, his marth also like, 2 or 3-0'd (i think) amsah's sheik in their (lol) friendlies

plus, strawhat beat over in two sets (played on NTSC) in grand finals coming from losers back at NST3

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
but but

overtriforce 3 stocked M2K's marth on fd...lol

I dunno, if you played KK regularly you'd most likely lose hope as well.
Eh, M2K just said he wasn't feeling Marth and played bad. He was looking mad sexy against Amsah's Sheik, though.

Of course, I haven't played any really high level Sheiks...but from what I have played, the matchup is tough but doable.

Edit: Tai beat me :(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
how exactly does the spacing work in marth vs peach roughly?

i know that marth > peach in the air

but im not exactly positive what moves to use in his ground spacing game

i usually just run around and shield, mixed in with grabs and dtilts and bait-> retreating rising nair/fair when they start camping or grabbing.

is that about right?

Staco

Smash Champion
Dont forget that Strawhat vs. Over matches were in Pal.
There the Mu is easier for Marth, because Shieks dthrow is worse in Pal.

And srsly, dont overrate the M2K vs. Amsah friendlys.
Of course M2Ks Marth did some really cool stuff in that friendlys, but didnt you notice Amsah sandbagging really hard (for example not using Combo DI).
I dont think M2K would win a serious set with Marth against Amsahs Shiek.

Falcinho

Smash Ace

i usually just run around and shield, mixed in with grabs and dtilts and bait-> retreating rising nair/fair when they start camping or grabbing.

is that about right?
Take care of Peach's dashattacks, shieldgrab if possible or CCgrab/counter if there isn't enough time.

If you're throwing out spaced SH aerials many Peaches roll behind you to dsmash, so dair them or fastfall without aerial and grab in time. (or dont do that many Sh aerials ^^)

And yeah in general just run around and be sure you stay close enough to punish her if she tries to pull turnips.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

is that about right?
If she is on the ground, she only has 3 options. Dash attack, Shield, Pull turnip. To beat this, just pressure her with dd grab, make sure you shield when she approaches and shield grab that *****'s dash attack. A lot of the ground game is simply keeping her from being able to pull a turnip. You want to be close enough to WD/dash forward dtilt/fsmash on reaction to her starting to pull a turnip.

If she did get a turnip, she gains a big boost. Her shield game is much better, and she has some real approach and defensive options. Most likely if you give her some room, she will take to the air. Make sure when she does you are on her ***. If you nair her as she throws the turnip, you will hit the turnip (protecting yourself) at the same time you hit her. If you're not close enough for that, you're going to have to bait her into closing the ground. Most likely you're gonna have to shield a fair, and prepare to roll. Its one of your safest options against dsmash/shield pressure happy peaches. Also peach is pretty slow so its hard to cover the rolls. Once you have her back on the ground make sure she doesn't get another turnip.

Basically, you can outcamp peach as marth as long as you're semi-decent with grabbing turnips out of the air and powershielding them, ect. But you don't want to. Peach loses to a marth that stays (safely) on her *** and gives her no options. Marth can actually systematically edgeguard peach, though its a weird method (thx tec0).

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If she is on the ground, she only has 3 options. Dash attack, Shield, Pull turnip. To beat this, just pressure her with dd grab, make sure you shield when she approaches and shield grab that *****'s dash attack.
Smart Peaches will pick up on you shielding very fast and will start dash grabbing you.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
thats true, and its an obvious counter. Without over complicating things too much, those 3 i listed are the foundation of peach's ground game.

Staco

Smash Champion
If she is on the ground, she only has 3 options. Dash attack, Shield, Pull turnip. To beat this, just pressure her with dd grab, make sure you shield when she approaches and shield grab that *****'s dash attack. A lot of the ground game is simply keeping her from being able to pull a turnip. You want to be close enough to WD/dash forward dtilt/fsmash on reaction to her starting to pull a turnip.

If she did get a turnip, she gains a big boost. Her shield game is much better, and she has some real approach and defensive options. Most likely if you give her some room, she will take to the air. Make sure when she does you are on her ***. If you nair her as she throws the turnip, you will hit the turnip (protecting yourself) at the same time you hit her. If you're not close enough for that, you're going to have to bait her into closing the ground. Most likely you're gonna have to shield a fair, and prepare to roll. Its one of your safest options against dsmash/shield pressure happy peaches. Also peach is pretty slow so its hard to cover the rolls. Once you have her back on the ground make sure she doesn't get another turnip.

Basically, you can outcamp peach as marth as long as you're semi-decent with grabbing turnips out of the air and powershielding them, ect. But you don't want to. Peach loses to a marth that stays (safely) on her *** and gives her no options. Marth can actually systematically edgeguard peach, though its a weird method (thx tec0).
Can you tell me about this teco method pls?

Hm, didnt know that TeeAy.
So the MU really could be doable, if U are really good at it. (Strawhat good)

Niko45

Smash Master
Can anybody give a rundown of the Link matchup? I find that I have problems with it but I know Marth does well in it if you know what to do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh yeah you can't u-throw to anything so just f-throw/d-throw tech chase and get him to the edge and pressure him forever until he dies.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
run at link and grab him. fthrow ****

link and peach are good matchups to go aggressive in

peach won't beat marth without a turnip. link won't beat marth without time to throw a rang, or a bomb

Top Bottom